WordPress for Beginners 2019: A Visual Step-by-Step Guide to Mastering WordPress (Webmaster Series Book 2)
Publication date: 10/15/2018Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 229 pages
WordPress for Beginners 2018: A Visual Step-by-Step Guide to Mastering WordPress (Webmaster Series Book 2)
Publication date: 01/24/2018Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 223 pages
WordPress To Go - How To Build A WordPress Website On Your Own Domain, From Scratch, Even If You Are A Complete Beginner
If you are a small business owner or a hopeful Internet entrepreneur, then you know you need a professional website.The first challenge is, how do you build that website without needing to learn how to do computer programming or having to sell your first-born to get a website built for you?The second challenge is, how do you get a professionally-designed and beautiful website built that won't cost you mega-bucks per month to maintain?Because let's face it, it is hard to justify the high costs of building an elaborate website, when you are not yet sure a website will be a good investment of your time and money. The good news is that there is a better - and much less expensive - way to get a beautiful website made, with just a few clicks of your mouse. WordPress started in 2003, with the goal of providing ordinary people a simple way to build a website for free. Today, WordPress is being used on millions of websites, including those of many Fortune 500 companies. The beautiful thing about WordPress as a website content management system is that it is a fully-customizable experience, and it is very easy to use. WordPress Themes define how a website will look - they cover website layout, color schemes, font colors, and page display elements. With over 2,000 Themes currently available, it is very easy to change the appearance of a website. With just the click of a mouse button you can change the look, feel and layout of your entire website without affecting the content. What used to take days to get looking right, now takes only minutes. WordPress Plugins add functionality to a website - what you want the website to do for you or your visitors. With over 43,000 Plugins available, you will find that you can make your website do a lot of specialized tasks for you or your visitors. And with the power of plugins, you can add functionality to your website - track users and what they do, take online orders, manage content in new and unique ways - and more. Again, all with the click of a mouse button. Now a #1 Amazon Best Seller, this popular, up-to-date, step-by-step guide by expert Sarah McHarry will walk you through the essential first steps to building your own website or blog using WordPress.What you'll learn in this book:
- How to register your own domain and get the right WordPress hosting
- How to install WordPress with a few clicks of the mouse
- How to create a professional-looking, commerce-ready website with very little effort
- How to add and format your content
- How to use graphics and images
- All about themes, plugins, widgets and other WordPress tools ...and lots more... Sarah shows you how to create a world-class website, quickly, easily and inexpensively, even if you have absolutely no current knowledge of how to build a website. WordPress is so easy to use, and "WordPress To Go" will take what is already easy and make it even more simple - simple enough a monkey could do it! You'll know all the "gotchas" before setting up a WordPress site, discover how to make it content rich, and even how to attract the search engines! You'll gain traffic, exposure, and ultimately more business. Get your copy of "WordPress To Go" now, and you’ll be a thriving WordPress webmaster in no time at all!
Published by: Nicbee Publishing | Publication date: 01/27/2012Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 153 pages
1-Hour WordPress 2019: A visual step-by-step guide to building WordPress websites in one hour or less!
1-Hour WordPress is a book that has a simple goal. Take anyone, even a complete beginner, and teach them how to build a fully functional WordPress website in an hour or less. This book teaches on a strictly need-to-know basis, so you won't get bogged down in the technical aspects of WordPress. With around 250 screenshots, you also won't be wondering what the heck I am talking about. It's like watching over-my-shoulder. Just watch what I do, and follow along as you build your own website. This book covers all of the important basics like:1. Setting up with a domain registrar and host, and installing WordPress.2. Logging into your WordPress dashboard and finding your way around.3. Exploring the demo content that WordPress installs, including the post, page and comment.4. Planning your website before you start working in WordPress.5. Working your way through the important settings, and getting the site set up for success.6. Posts v Pages are one of the most confusing aspects of WordPress for many beginners, but we cover those in depth, and you'll learn when to use a post and when to use a page.7. Using the WYSIWYG editor or the new Gutenberg editor to add content, and how to use categories and tags to classify and group your content. This is important as it will make your site intuitive for visitors, and the search engines.8. Adding navigation to help your visitors.9. Creating custom menus and adding them to your site.10. Using widgets to add new features to your web pages.11. WordPress defaults to a blog style homepage, but I'll show you how to set up a more traditional static homepage where you control 100% of the content.12. Using plugins to extend the functionality of WordPress. We'll look at a number of essential plugins that I use on most of my own websites.13. Keeping Wordpress and plugins up to date.14. Customizing the look and feel of the site with WordPress themes.15. How you can make money with your website by adding affiliate programs and/or Google Adsense.In short, this book is a complete beginners guide to WordPress. Follow as you go through the book, and you can have your very own, professional looking website, in an hour or less.
Publication date: 11/07/2018Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 194 pages
Everything you need to know about WordPress If you strive to have a blog that suits your needs, delights your readers, and keeps visitors coming back for more, this book is your ace in the hole! Offering you cream-of-the-crop guidance from eight bestselling books, WordPress All-in-One For Dummies is the only reference you need to get a handle on blogging basics, use SEO and social media tricks to drive traffic to your site, customize your blog with plugins and themes, and so much more. WordPress powers more than 25% of the web—and for good reason. It's a state-of-the-art blog-publishing platform that makes your site look professional, lets it be searchable, and provides readers with a pleasant user experience. Whether you're just dreaming up your first blog or want to learn to use the latest version of the software to keep your site up to date, WordPress All-in-One For Dummies is the way to go!
- Build your site foundation and become an admin pro
- Personalize your site with themes and plugins
- Use SEO and social media to extend your site
- Read and understand site analytics
Published by: For Dummies | Publication date: 03/27/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 793 pages
Whether you’re a budding blogger or seasoned Web designer, WordPress is a brilliant tool for creating websites, once you know how to tap its impressive features. The latest edition of this jargon-free Missing Manual shows you how to use WordPress 3.9’s themes, widgets, plug-ins, and souped-up editing and multimedia tools to build just about any kind of site.The important stuff you need to know:
- Create your site. Get hands-on, A-to-Z instructions for building all types of websites, from classy blogs to professional-looking ecommerce sites.
- Add features. Choose from thousands of widgets and plug-ins to enhance your site’s ease of use, looks, and performance.
- Mix in multimedia. Add picture galleries, slideshows, video clips, music players, and podcasts to your pages.
- Attract an audience. Create automatic content feeds, sign up site subscribers, and help readers share your posts on social media.
- Fine-tune your content. Analyze site statistics to improve your content and reach, and to optimize your site for search engines.
- Go Mobile. Choose a theme that automatically reconfigures your site for mobile devices.
- Build a truly unique site. Learn how to customize WordPress themes to create a site that looks exactly the way you want it to.
Published by: O'Reilly Media | Publication date: 06/25/2014Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 614 pages
Over 250 pages!! Buy our real step by step guide created by a team of experts. Don't settle for less, a pamphlet won't get your website built!Let’s learn Wordpress together! Even without any prior computer knowledge, you can learn how to create a blog that is optimized for Google SEO, integrated with social media channels and equipped with a WooCommerce online store. This Wordpress tutorial is illustrated with helpful screenshots to facilitate learning and decrease implementation time.You can easily learn how to build a beautiful Wordpress website that displays your company’s name and logo and lets the world know that your company is influential and hip by adding an online presence with the functionality to process orders from anywhere in the world! And, you can build this website in 1-3 days, with some diligence.In this Wordpress guide, you will learn:•How to build a Wordpress website for your small business, whether it is currently a physical location or online destination. •How to choose a profitable website domain name and select the best web hosting server•How to install Wordpress and configure the Wordpress dashboard for your business•Updating and securing your Wordpress site to prevent hacking and digital theft•Selecting a Wordpress theme and customizing the theme for your business•Integrating an email list like Aweber or Mailchimp into your website•Setting up an online shop via WooCommerce to facilitate digital sales •How to use SEO and keywords to increase internet visibility and internet traffic via search engine optimization on Google, Bing and other search engines.Page Up and Order Now!
Published by: The Wordpress Genie | Publication date: 06/26/2016Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 240 pages
The highest rated WordPress development and design book on the market is back with an all new third edition. Professional WordPress is the only WordPress book targeted to developers, with advanced content that exploits the full functionality of the most popular CMS in the world. Fully updated to align with WordPress 4.1, this edition has updated examples with all new screenshots, and full exploration of additional tasks made possible by the latest tools and features. You will gain insight into real projects that currently use WordPress as an application framework, as well as the basic usage and functionality of the system from a developer's perspective. The book's key features include detailed information and real-world examples that illustrate the concepts and techniques at work, plus code downloads and examples accessible through the companion website. Written by practicing WordPress developers, the content of this edition focuses on real world application of WordPress concepts that extend beyond the current WordPress version. WordPress started in 2003 with a single bit of code to enhance the typography of everyday writing, and has grown to be the largest self-hosted website platform in the world. This book helps you use WordPress efficiently, effectively, and professionally, with new ideas and expert perspectives on full system exploitation.
- Get up to speed on the new features in WordPress 4.1
- Learn cutting edge uses of WordPress, including real-world projects
- Discover how to migrate existing websites to WordPress
- Understand current best practices and tools in WordPress development
Published by: Wrox | Publication date: 01/06/2015Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 425 pages
WordPress for Beginners 2019: Step-by-Step Guide to Building Your Own WordPress Website for Business or Pleasure
Quickstart guide for Harnessing the Power of WordPressWordPress is the most popular CMS (Content Management System) on the web because it so amazingly powerful - but only if you know how to use it the right way! Need to learn how to build WordPress websites fast?With this guide you will be armed with the fundamental knowledge you need to build the WordPress website of your dreams. You’ll also learn how to avoid making mistakes that could create serious security vulnerabilities, waste your valuable time, or prevent your WordPress site from achieving its maximum potential!Here is a preview of what you will learn in this guide:
- Welcome to Wordpress
- Creating A Stable Website
- What Is A Content Management System?
- Everything You Need to Know About Installing and Using WordPress
- Choosing the host for your website
- Choose the best hosting plan
- Shared Hosting
- Cloud Hosting
- VPS Hosting
- Dedicated Hosting
- Sign up with your web host
- How to install WordPress
- How to use WordPress to design your website
- Choosing and developing your theme
- Customizing your website settings
- Name and tagline
- Contact information
- Time and date settings
- Default language preference
- Using plugins to make the most of your website
- Create your first post
- Important notes about media on WordPress
- What are WordPress pages and how to use them?
- What are WordPress menus and why you need them?
- Make social media icons visible
- You can use WordPress from your mobile
- Developing the perfect homepage
- The most important pages to create on WordPress
- And So Much More!
Publication date: 12/15/2018Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 53 pages
WordPress Made Super Simple - How Anyone Can Build A Professional Looking Website From Scratch: Even A Total Beginner: Wordpress 2014 For The Website Beginner (Super Simple Series Book 1)
WordPress Made Super SimpleWant to create a website but think it will be too difficult?I'll show you the simple way to create a blog or website using WordPress…Updated to include WordPress 3.9.xYou don't have to be a computer nerd to create a beautiful, full-functioning website in 2014. Website expert Jack Davies will take you by the hand and show you how anyone (even a beginner) can easily create a wonderful website using the power and beauty of WordPress 2014.WordPress For Beginners: Everything You Need to Know & More…What experts Jack Davies and Sarah Wylie teach you in this easy to understand WordPress Kindle eBook:
- Exactly how to register your own domain - and the mistakes to avoid
- How to get the best hosting – we reveal the hosting companies that WordPress actually recommends you use
- How to get WordPress installed and up and running with a few mouse-clicks
- Exactly how to design and build a 100% professional-looking website - NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY
- How to add and format your content
- How to use graphics and images
- Exactly which themes, plugins, and widgets you should be using
- Everything explained in simple, easy to follow stages - this really is WordPress for beginners…
Published by: The Do-Not Press | Publication date: 12/25/2013Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 125 pages