Computing the Environment: Digital Design Tools for Simulation and Visualisation of Sustainable Architecture (AD Smart Book 6)
Computing the Environment presents practical workflows and guidance for designers to get feedback on their design using digital design tools on environmental performance. Starting with an extensive state-of-the-art survey of what top international offices are currently using in their design projects, this book presents detailed descriptions of the tools, algorithms, and workflows used and discusses the theories that underlie these methods. Project examples from Transsolar Klimaengineering, Buro Happold´s SMART Group, Behnish Behnisch Architects, Thomas Herzog, Autodesk Research are contextualized with quotes and references to key thinkers in this field such as Eric Winsberg, Andrew Marsh, Michelle Addington and Ali Malkawi.
Published by: Wiley | Publication date: 03/14/2018Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 256 pages
Flexitarian Diet: The Flexible Vegetarian Diet For Good Health, Weight Loss, Longevity & Disease Prevention
The Flexible Vegetarian Diet for Good Health, Weight Loss, Longevity, and Disease PreventionAre You Ready To Discover EVERYTHING You Need To Know About The Flexitarian Diet? If So You've Come To The Right Place!Here's A Preview Of What You're About To Learn...
- An Introduction to Flexitarianism
- When You Should Choose Flexitarianism
- The Beginning of Flexitarianism
- The Big, Big Benefits of Being a Flexitarian
- Embracing Flexitarianism (Must Read!)
- Are you Ready for the Next Phase? Full Blast Flexitarianism
- Noteworthy Reminders On Your Flexitarian Quest
- The McCartneys and the Famous Flexitarians
- Flexitarian Recipes You'll Love!
- And Much, Much More!
Publication date: 03/23/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 54 pages
Curated ClosetAre You Ready To Makeover Your Wardrobe?If So You’ve Come To The Right Place!MAKEOVER YOUR WARDROBE & CREATE YOUR OWN UNIQUE PERSONAL STYLEHere’s A Preview Of What This Curated Closet Book Contains…
- An Intro To The Curated Wardrobe
- Principles Of A Curated Wardrobe (Must Read!)
- Advantages Of A Curated Wardrobe
- Auditing Your Current Wardrobe
- The Struggles Of Auditing
- The Challenges Of Creating A Curated Wardrobe
- The three E's: Examine, Enhance & Eliminate
- Creating The Perfect Wardrobe
- Thinking Of Your Theme
- Refining & Reworking Your Current Wardrobe
- Tips and Tricks
- The Gradual Wardrobe
- Back To Basics (Must Read!)
- A Buying Guide
- When To Add Clothes
- Picking Out Expensive Things & Being Selective
- And Much, Much More!
Publication date: 03/10/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 56 pages
Smartgeometry (SG) is a key influence on the architectural community who explore creative computational methods for the design of buildings. An informal international network of practitioners and researchers, the group meets annually to experiment with new technologies and collaborate to develop digital design techniques. When SG was founded in 2001 by London-based architects and friends Hugh Whitehead (Foster + Partners), J Parrish (AECOM) and Lars Hesselgren (PLP), there was little in the way of parametric tools for architecture. SG was founded to encourage the development, discussion and experimentation of digital design techniques driven by design intent rather than on construction specifications. SG calls for a re-consideration of the design process, where the creation of computational mechanisms become an integral part of designing – not a task done prior to or separate from the process. In the early years of the workshops this need for new ways of design thinking led to the development of Bentley´s GenerativeComponents software. In recent years, the ecology of these design environments has diversified to include multiple software platforms, as well as innovative fabrication techniques and interactive environments. SG has grown accordingly from a handful of experts to an international network of designers who are defining the future of design. Founded by digital pioneers, it creates the algorithmic designers of the future. Inside Smartgeometry can be seen as a retroactive manifesto for SG, examining and contextualising the work of the SG community: the digital spaces, prototypes and buildings designed using bespoke tools created in response to architectural ideas. From interactive crowd-sourcing tools to responsive agent-based systems to complex digitally fabricated structures, it explores more than a decade of advances that have been influential for architecture. Through 23 original texts including reflections by the founders, and key contributors such as Robert Aish, Martin Bechthold, Mark Burry, Chris Williams and Robert Woodbury, the book offers a critical state of the art of computational design for architecture. Many international design and engineering firms have participated in SG and the book includes chapters by practitioners from offices such as CASE, Design2Production, Foster + Partners, Grimshaw, Populous and SOM.
Published by: Wiley | Publication date: 07/31/2013Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 272 pages
With the combined expertise of leading hand surgeons and therapists, Rehabilitation of the Hand and Upper Extremity, 6th Edition, by Drs. Skirven, Osterman, Fedorczyk and Amadio, helps you apply the best practices in the rehabilitation of hand, wrist, elbow, arm and shoulder problems, so you can help your patients achieve the highest level of function possible. This popular, unparalleled text has been updated with 30 new chapters that include the latest information on arthroscopy, imaging, vascular disorders, tendon transfers, fingertip injuries, mobilization techniques, traumatic brachial plexus injuries, and pain management. An expanded editorial team and an even more geographically diverse set of contributors provide you with a fresh, authoritative, and truly global perspective while new full-color images and photos provide unmatched visual guidance. Access the complete contents online at www.expertconsult.com along with streaming video of surgical and rehabilitation techniques, links to Pub Med, and more.
- Provide the best patient care and optimal outcomes with trusted guidance from this multidisciplinary, comprehensive resource covering the entire upper extremity, now with increased coverage of wrist and elbow problems.
- Apply the latest treatments, rehabilitation protocols, and expertise of leading surgeons and therapists to help your patients regain maximum movement after traumatic injuries or to improve limited functionality caused by chronic or acquired conditions.
- Effectively implement the newest techniques detailed in new and updated chapters on a variety of sports-specific and other acquired injuries, and chronic disorders.
- Keep up with the latest advances in arthroscopy, imaging, vascular disorders, tendon transfers, fingertip injuries, mobilization techniques, traumatic brachial plexus injuries, and pain management
- See conditions and treatments as they appear in practice thanks to detailed, full-color design, illustrations, and photographs.
- Access the full contents online with streaming video of surgical and rehabilitation techniques, downloadable patient handouts, links to Pub Med, and regular updates at www.expertconsult.com.
- Get a fresh perspective from seven new section editors, as well as an even more geographically diverse set of contributors.
Published by: Mosby | Publication date: 02/16/2011Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 2096 pages
The Paradox of Love: The Story of Sweet Tamara and Peter Welch (The Welch Brothers of Beaver Hills Book 4)
Tamara is sweet and innocent, with a big and generous heart that sees the good in everyone, even the unsavory characters that she often meets while doing her work at The Pearl. When Brian Wakefield arrives from San Francisco with his twelve year old niece, she immediately takes a liking to the child and soon notices that the child seems terrified of her uncle. Peter Welch is troubled by the attention that Brian Wakefield seems to be showing Tamara. He has no reason to dislike the man but feels that something isn’t quite right. The two men get into an altercation and when Brian is found dead in his hotel room, fingers point at Peter. When Brian’s accomplices show up in Beaver Hills asking for the child, Peter and Tamara take her away for a while to save her life and end up falling in love and getting married. They face many challenges together but love conquers all in the end.The Welch Brothers of Beaver Hills follows the lives and romantic fortunes of The Welch family. The journey of each brother and the wives God has chosen for them is each a satisfying standalone read, but the whole series together provides and even richer adventure for keen readers of clean Christian Historical Romance!
Published by: PureRead | Publication date: 05/13/2018Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 132 pages
Your Ultimate Air Fryer Cookbook!Are You Ready To Discover EVERYTHING You Need To Know To Make Delicious Air Fryer MEals? If So You've Come To The Right Place!Here's A Preview Of What You're About To Learn...
- The History of Air Fryers
- What is an Air Fryer & how does it work?
- Benefits of Air Fryers
- Are Air Fryers Safe?
- Breakfast Air Fryer Recipes
- Lunch Air Fryer Recipes
- Dinner Air Fryer Recipes
- Snack Air Fryer Recipes
- And Much, Much More!
Publication date: 05/18/2018Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 132 pages
“Enchanting, witty” fairy tales for adults from Peter Straub, Daniel Quinn, Nancy Kress, Patricia C. Wrede, and other modern-day Grimms and Andersens (Publishers Weekly). World Fantasy Award–winning editors Ellen Datlow and Terri Windling return with another superb collection of wonders and terrors. In Black Thorn, White Rose, the magical tales we were told at bedtime have been upended, turned inside out, reshaped, and given a keen, distinctly adult edge by eighteen of the most acclaimed storytellers ever to reinvent a fairy tale. Our favorite characters, from Sleeping Beauty to Rumpelstiltskin to the Gingerbread Man, are here but in different guises, brought to new life by such masters as Nancy Kress, Jane Yolen, Storm Constantine, and the late, great Roger Zelazny. These breathtaking tales of dark enchantments range from the tragic and poignant to the humorous to the horrifying to the simply astonishing. The story of an aging woodcutter persuaded to help a desperate prince make his way through the brambles to save a sleeping beauty twists ingeniously around like the thorny wall that impedes them. The fable of an all-controlling queen mother who faces her most fearsome adversary in a sensitive princess who appears mysteriously during a storm is a dark, disturbing masterpiece. And readers will long remember the exquisite tale of Death, his godson, football, and MTV. Anyone who has ever loved or even feared the old tales of witches and trolls and remarkable transformations will find much to admire in this extraordinary collection—happily ever after or not.
Published by: Open Road Media Sci-Fi & Fantasy | Publication date: 09/30/2014Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 386 pages
Rug Hooking: The Ultimate Beginners Guide To Amazing Craft Projects & Skills (Macrame, Embroidery, Quilting)
Rug Hooking For Beginners!Are You Ready To Learn Everything You Need To Know About Rug Hooking?If So You’ve Come To The Right Place!The Ultimate Beginners Guide To Amazing Craft Projects & Skills Here’s A Preview Of What This Rug Hooking Book Contains…
- What Is Rug Hooking?
- What You Need To Start Rug Hooking (Must Read!)
- Sample Patterns For Rug Hooking
- Instructions To Get Started With Your Rug Hooking
- How To Take Care Of Your Hooked Rugs
- And Much, Much More! Scroll Up And Download Your Copy Now!
Publication date: 08/13/2016Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 46 pages
Your Ultimate Guide To Natural Hair Care!Are You Ready To Discover EVERYTHING You Need To Know For Healthy, Shiny Hair? If So You've Come To The Right Place!No Chemicals... No Worries!Here's A Preview Of What You're About To Learn...
- An Introduction to your Head of Hair
- Hair Care Myths & Misconceptions (Must Read!)
- Natural Ingredients for Hair Health & Growth
- Natural Shampoo Recipes To Improve Dry & Damaged Hair
- Natural Shampoo Recipes To Improve Oily Hair
- Nourishing Natural Shampoo Recipes For Frizzy Hair
- A Plethora Of Natural Conditioner Recipes That Your Hair Will LOVE
- How To Make Your Own Hair Styling Treatment
- Natural Hair Care Tips ‘N’ Tricks For Thinning Hair
- And Much, Much More!
Publication date: 05/18/2018Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 46 pages