Published by: SitePoint | Publication date: 06/01/2018Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 548 pages
The Principles of Beautiful Web Design is the ideal book for people who can build websites, but are seeking the skills and knowledge to visually enhance their sites.This book will teach you how to:
- Understand what makes "good design," from discovery through to implementation
- Use color effectively, develop color schemes, and create a palette
- Create pleasing layouts using grids, the rule of thirds, and symmetry
- Employ textures: lines, points, shapes, volumes, and depth
- Apply typography to make ordinary designs look great
- Choose, edit, and position effective imagery
- Updated and expanded coverage of mobile and responsive web design (RWD)
- A new sample project
- New sections on user interface and icon design
- Common user-interface patterns and resources
Published by: SitePoint | Publication date: 06/17/2014Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 212 pages
Get a Jump Start on the up and coming UX design and prototyping power tool, Experience Design!Experience Design CC (also known as XD) is a brand new design tool from Adobe. With a clean, uncluttered UI and a raft of powerful features--such as live preview, Repeat Grids, artboards, symbols and collaboration tools--XD is designed from the ground up to streamline the UX design process. It makes creating interactive, sharable prototypes a snap!This book provides a rapid and practical introduction to using Adobe XD for UX design and prototyping. You'll:
- Get to grips with XD's clean UI and efficient keyboard shortcuts
- Use XD's powerful tools, such as repeat grid and symbols, to rapidly create wireframes and prototypes
- Create interactive prototypes with ease
- Collaborate with stakeholders using built-in sharing and feedback tools
- And more!
Published by: SitePoint | Publication date: 05/25/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 170 pages
- Use events to track user interactions
- Build smarter web forms that improve the user experience
- Work with the document object model (DOM) and Ajax to dynamicall update your pages
- Add functionality to your apps using HTML5's powerful APIs
- Use Test Driven Development methodology to write more robust code
Published by: SitePoint | Publication date: 09/20/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 664 pages
A recent study found that on average, designing a form to have a great user experience almost doubled the rate of successful first-time completions. For example, Ebay made an additional $USD 500 million annually from redesigning just the button on one of their mobile form screens.More conversions, fewer dissatisfied users, better return on investment. Can you afford not to improve your forms' user experiences?This book will walk you through every part of designing a great forms user experience. From the words, to how the form looks, and on to interactivity, you'll learn how to design a web form that works beautifully on mobiles, laptops and desktops. Filled with practical and engaging insights, and plenty of real-world examples, both good and bad.You'll learn answers to common queries like:
- Where should field labels go?
- What makes a question easy to understand?
- How do you design forms to work on small screens?
- How does touch impact on form design?
- How long can a form be?
- What look and feel should the form have: skeumorphic, flat, or something else?
- What's best practice for error messaging?
Published by: SitePoint | Publication date: 09/12/2016Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 276 pages
- Your First Week With Node.js, which will get started using Node, covering all of the basics.
- 9 Practical Node.js Projects, which offers a selection of hand-on practical projects to develop your skills.
- Node.js: Related Tools & Skills, which outlines essential tools and skills that all Node developers should know.
Published by: SitePoint | Publication date: 12/04/2018Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 478 pages
Get a Jump Start on working with MySQL today!MySQL is an extremely popular open source relational database management system that that powers many of the applications on the Web. Discover why MySQL's speed, ease of use, and flexibility make it the database of choice for so many developers.In just one weekend with this hands-on tutorial, you'll learn how to:
- Get started with MySQL
- Store, modify, and retrieve data
- Work with multiple tables
- Connect to your database through code
- Program the database
- Back up your data
Published by: SitePoint | Publication date: 04/13/2015Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 152 pages
Get a Jump Start on building applications with Bootstrap today!Originally developed by Twitter, Bootstrap is a framework that making the once-arduous process of crafting fully responsive web designs a breeze! Discover why Bootstrap is fast becoming a favorite tool of top web designers.In just one weekend with this hands-on tutorial, you'll learn how to:
- Integrate Bootstrap into your projects
- Understand the basic Bootstrap template
- Work with Bootstrap's grid
- Customize Bootstrap to work with any project
Published by: SitePoint | Publication date: 06/24/2014Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 180 pages
Get up to speed with Vue.js in a weekend!Since its release in 2014, Vue.js has seen a meteoric rise to popularity and is now considered one of the primary front-end frameworks, and not without good reason. Its component-based architecture was designed to be flexible and easy to adopt, making it just as easy to integrate into projects and use alongside non-Vue code as it is to build complex client-side applications. This short book is ideal for front-end developers who need a rapid introduction to Vue.js. It covers:
- Basic concepts: how Vue works, tempmlates, and reactive data
- Components: custom components, events and slots
- State management: Vuex, mutations, actions
- Routes: creating routes, links and route guards
- And much more!
Published by: SitePoint | Publication date: 02/05/2019Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 146 pages
- What Is Node and When Should I Use It? by James Hibbard
- A Beginner Splurge in Node.js by Camilo Reyes and Michiel Mulders
- A Beginner's Guide to npm- the Node Package Manager by Michael Wanyoike and Peter Dierx
- Forms, File Uploads and Security with Node.js and Express by Mark Brown
- MEAN Stack: Build an App with Angular 2+ and the Angular CLI by Manjunath M
- How to Use SSL/TLS with Node.js by Florian Rappl and Almir Bijedic
Published by: SitePoint | Publication date: 11/30/2018Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 146 pages