Published by: SitePoint | Publication date: 06/01/2018Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 548 pages
PHP & MySQL: Novice to Ninja, 6th Edition is a hands-on guide to learning all the tools, principles, and techniques needed to build a fully functional application using PHP & MySQL. Comprehensively updated to cover PHP 7 and modern best practice, this practical and fun book covers everything from installing PHP and MySQL through to creating a complete online content management system.You'll learn how to:
- Install PHP & MySQL on Windows, Mac OS X, or Linux
- Gain a thorough understanding of PHP syntax
- Use object oriented programming techniques
- Master database design principles and SQL
- Develop robust websites that can handle high levels of traffic
- Build a working content management system (CMS)
- And much more!
Published by: SitePoint | Publication date: 10/26/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 688 pages
- Your First Week With Node.js, which will get started using Node, covering all of the basics.
- 9 Practical Node.js Projects, which offers a selection of hand-on practical projects to develop your skills.
- Node.js: Related Tools & Skills, which outlines essential tools and skills that all Node developers should know.
Published by: SitePoint | Publication date: 12/04/2018Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 478 pages
The Principles of Project Management lays out clear steps that anyone can follow to get projects done right, and delivered on time.This full color book covers:
Why Project Management is important The 6 fundamental truths of project management Getting started: Discovering, Initiating, Planning and Resourcing a project Getting the Job Done: Executing and controlling Keeping it Smooth: Communication, collaboration and managing change Following through: Ongoing support and maintenance, measuring operational success Resources: Review of various tools, recommended reading, professional resources for project managementShort, and to the point, this book aims to do to provide a solid foundation for anyone who finds themselves responsible for executing projects.From the Back CoverEvery project you manage will be unique. Scope, budgets, team dynamics, and timeframes will differ. As a project manager, the most important factor in achieving project success will be your understanding of The Principles Of Project Management. This book will show you that project management isn't rocket science: using the information contained in this book, you'll deliver projects on time and on budget, again and again.With The Principles Of Project Management you'll:
- Learn how to start every project on the right foot.
- Master the planning, execution, and control of your projects.
- Discover the secrets of effective communication and change management.
- Identify project warning signals and learn to keep your projects on track.
- Understand the benefits of using the right tools, resources, and people.
- Learn how to give a superstar project handover.
- And much, much more
Published by: SitePoint | Publication date: 03/13/2008Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 224 pages
Angular is not just a framework, but rather a platform that empowers developers to build applications for the web, mobile, and the desktop.This collection is a set of books aimed at getting you up to speed with Angular. It contains:
- Learn Angular: Your First Week, a collection of articles introducing Angular
- Learn Angular: Build a Todo App, an in-depth project tutorial that builds a complete Angular application from start to finish
- Learn Angular: 4 Angular Projects presents four practical Angular projects
Published by: SitePoint | Publication date: 06/15/2018Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 224 pages
The Principles of Beautiful Web Design is the ideal book for people who can build websites, but are seeking the skills and knowledge to visually enhance their sites.This book will teach you how to:
- Understand what makes "good design," from discovery through to implementation
- Use color effectively, develop color schemes, and create a palette
- Create pleasing layouts using grids, the rule of thirds, and symmetry
- Employ textures: lines, points, shapes, volumes, and depth
- Apply typography to make ordinary designs look great
- Choose, edit, and position effective imagery
- Updated and expanded coverage of mobile and responsive web design (RWD)
- A new sample project
- New sections on user interface and icon design
- Common user-interface patterns and resources
Published by: SitePoint | Publication date: 06/17/2014Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 212 pages
Blockchain technology has certainly been hyped over the past few years, but when you strip all of that away, what can actually do with it? This book provides you with an introduction to Ethereum, an open source platform that's based based on blockchain. It enables developers to build and deploy decentralized applications that can be relied on to work without fraud, censorship or interference from third parties. Far more than just a cryptocurrency or smart contracts platform, Ethereum is becoming an entire ecosystem for building decentralized applications.This collection contains three books:
- A Developer's Guide to Ethereum, a collection of articles that provides an introduction to blockchain technology more broadly before focusing on the Ethereum platform specifically
- Ethereum: Tools & Skills, a collection of articles examining some of the most popular Ethereum tools, and walk you through how to use them when building your own Ethereum-based apps.
- Build Your First Ethereum DApp, a complete project tutorial that will walk you through the creation of a complete distributed application (DApp) based on the Ethereum platform.
Published by: SitePoint | Publication date: 08/16/2018Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 447 pages
A recent study found that on average, designing a form to have a great user experience almost doubled the rate of successful first-time completions. For example, Ebay made an additional $USD 500 million annually from redesigning just the button on one of their mobile form screens.More conversions, fewer dissatisfied users, better return on investment. Can you afford not to improve your forms' user experiences?This book will walk you through every part of designing a great forms user experience. From the words, to how the form looks, and on to interactivity, you'll learn how to design a web form that works beautifully on mobiles, laptops and desktops. Filled with practical and engaging insights, and plenty of real-world examples, both good and bad.You'll learn answers to common queries like:
- Where should field labels go?
- What makes a question easy to understand?
- How do you design forms to work on small screens?
- How does touch impact on form design?
- How long can a form be?
- What look and feel should the form have: skeumorphic, flat, or something else?
- What's best practice for error messaging?
Published by: SitePoint | Publication date: 09/12/2016Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 276 pages
- Use events to track user interactions
- Build smarter web forms that improve the user experience
- Work with the document object model (DOM) and Ajax to dynamicall update your pages
- Add functionality to your apps using HTML5's powerful APIs
- Use Test Driven Development methodology to write more robust code
Published by: SitePoint | Publication date: 09/20/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 664 pages
Get a Jump Start on building applications with Bootstrap today!Originally developed by Twitter, Bootstrap is a framework that making the once-arduous process of crafting fully responsive web designs a breeze! Discover why Bootstrap is fast becoming a favorite tool of top web designers.In just one weekend with this hands-on tutorial, you'll learn how to:
- Integrate Bootstrap into your projects
- Understand the basic Bootstrap template
- Work with Bootstrap's grid
- Customize Bootstrap to work with any project
Published by: SitePoint | Publication date: 06/24/2014Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 180 pages