A recent study found that on average, designing a form to have a great user experience almost doubled the rate of successful first-time completions. For example, Ebay made an additional $USD 500 million annually from redesigning just the button on one of their mobile form screens.More conversions, fewer dissatisfied users, better return on investment. Can you afford not to improve your forms' user experiences?This book will walk you through every part of designing a great forms user experience. From the words, to how the form looks, and on to interactivity, you'll learn how to design a web form that works beautifully on mobiles, laptops and desktops. Filled with practical and engaging insights, and plenty of real-world examples, both good and bad.You'll learn answers to common queries like:
- Where should field labels go?
- What makes a question easy to understand?
- How do you design forms to work on small screens?
- How does touch impact on form design?
- How long can a form be?
- What look and feel should the form have: skeumorphic, flat, or something else?
- What's best practice for error messaging?
Published by: SitePoint | Publication date: 09/12/2016Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 276 pages
Published by: SitePoint | Publication date: 06/01/2018Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 548 pages
Angular is not just a framework, but rather a platform that empowers developers to build applications for the web, mobile, and the desktop.This collection is a set of books aimed at getting you up to speed with Angular. It contains:
- Learn Angular: Your First Week, a collection of articles introducing Angular
- Learn Angular: Build a Todo App, an in-depth project tutorial that builds a complete Angular application from start to finish
- Learn Angular: 4 Angular Projects presents four practical Angular projects
Published by: SitePoint | Publication date: 06/15/2018Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 548 pages
Bootstrap stands as the most popular open-source, front-end framework on the Web. Since its official release in 2011, it has undergone several changes, and it's now one of the most stable and responsive frameworks available. It's loved by web developers of all levels, as it gives them the capability to build a functional, attractive website design within minutes. A novice developer with just some basic knowledge of HTML and little CSS can easily get started with Bootstrap.This collection presents three books:
- Your First Week With Bootstrap, a collection of articles introducing Bootstrap
- 8 Practical Bootstrap Projects, which presents several complete, real world Bootrap projects
- Bootstrap: Related Tools & Skills, which contains a collection of articles outlining essential tools and skills that every Bootstrap developer should know.
Published by: SitePoint | Publication date: 08/06/2018Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 548 pages
- Use events to track user interactions
- Build smarter web forms that improve the user experience
- Work with the document object model (DOM) and Ajax to dynamicall update your pages
- Add functionality to your apps using HTML5's powerful APIs
- Use Test Driven Development methodology to write more robust code
Published by: SitePoint | Publication date: 09/20/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 664 pages
The Principles of Beautiful Web Design is the ideal book for people who can build websites, but are seeking the skills and knowledge to visually enhance their sites.This book will teach you how to:
- Understand what makes "good design," from discovery through to implementation
- Use color effectively, develop color schemes, and create a palette
- Create pleasing layouts using grids, the rule of thirds, and symmetry
- Employ textures: lines, points, shapes, volumes, and depth
- Apply typography to make ordinary designs look great
- Choose, edit, and position effective imagery
- Updated and expanded coverage of mobile and responsive web design (RWD)
- A new sample project
- New sections on user interface and icon design
- Common user-interface patterns and resources
Published by: SitePoint | Publication date: 06/17/2014Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 212 pages
This book will teach you how to create awesome video games. Games from scratch. Games that run cross-platform, in web browsers, and on phones. Games filled with dynamic sound and music. Games overflowing with impressive visual effects. Fun games.More importantly, this book will teach you how to think about making games. You'll learn to analyze and dissect games; to understand what it is that makes great games great. By the end of the journey you'll have all the knowledge and tools needed to produce engaging, polished products that people will love to play. What's inside?
- Learn the basics: game loops and input
- Draw graphics on the screen using Canvas
- Add amazing sound effects and music using the Web Audio API
- Develop several fun games: a platformer, a shoot â€˜em up, a dungeon crawler, and a physics-based game
- Jazz up your game up with "juice": screen shakes, particle effects, and more
Published by: SitePoint | Publication date: 02/15/2018Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 462 pages
PHP & MySQL: Novice to Ninja, 6th Edition is a hands-on guide to learning all the tools, principles, and techniques needed to build a fully functional application using PHP & MySQL. Comprehensively updated to cover PHP 7 and modern best practice, this practical and fun book covers everything from installing PHP and MySQL through to creating a complete online content management system.You'll learn how to:
- Install PHP & MySQL on Windows, Mac OS X, or Linux
- Gain a thorough understanding of PHP syntax
- Use object oriented programming techniques
- Master database design principles and SQL
- Develop robust websites that can handle high levels of traffic
- Build a working content management system (CMS)
- And much more!
Published by: SitePoint | Publication date: 10/26/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 688 pages
Get a Jump Start on building applications with Bootstrap today!Originally developed by Twitter, Bootstrap is a framework that making the once-arduous process of crafting fully responsive web designs a breeze! Discover why Bootstrap is fast becoming a favorite tool of top web designers.In just one weekend with this hands-on tutorial, you'll learn how to:
- Integrate Bootstrap into your projects
- Understand the basic Bootstrap template
- Work with Bootstrap's grid
- Customize Bootstrap to work with any project
Published by: SitePoint | Publication date: 06/24/2014Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 180 pages
Get a Jump Start on working with MySQL today!MySQL is an extremely popular open source relational database management system that that powers many of the applications on the Web. Discover why MySQL's speed, ease of use, and flexibility make it the database of choice for so many developers.In just one weekend with this hands-on tutorial, you'll learn how to:
- Get started with MySQL
- Store, modify, and retrieve data
- Work with multiple tables
- Connect to your database through code
- Program the database
- Back up your data
Published by: SitePoint | Publication date: 04/13/2015Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 152 pages