Responsive Web Design with HTML5 and CSS3 - Second Edition: Build responsive and future-proof websites to meet the demands of modern web users
Learn the HTML5 and CSS3 you need to help you design responsive and future-proof websites that meet the demands of modern web usersAbout This Book
The Essentials of Responsive Web Design Media Queries - Supporting Differing Viewports Fluid Layouts and Responsive Images HTML5 for Responsive Web Designs CSS3 - Selectors, Typography, Color Modes, and New Features Stunning Aesthetics with CSS3 Using SVGs for Resolution Independence Transitions, Transformations, and Animations Conquer Forms with HTML5 and CSS3 Approaching a Responsive Web Design
- Learn and explore how to harness the latest features of HTML5 in the context of responsive web design
- Learn to wield the new Flexbox layout mechanism, code responsive images, and understand how to implement SVGs in a responsive project
- Make your pages interactive by using CSS animations, transformations, and transitions
- Understand what responsive design is, and why it's vital for modern web development
- HTML5 markup is cleaner, faster, and more semantically rich than anything that has come before - learn how to use it and its latest features
- Integrate CSS3 media queries into your designs to use different styles for different media. You'll also learn about future media queries which are evolving in CSS4.
- Responsive images allow different images to be presented in different scenarios. We'll cover how to load different sets of images depending upon screen size or resolution and how to display different images in different contexts.
- Conquer forms! Add validation and useful interface elements like date pickers and range sliders with HTML5 markup alone.
- Implement SVGs into your responsive designs to provide resolution independent images, and learn how to adapt and animate them
- Learn how to use the latest features of CSS including custom fonts, nth-child selectors (and some CSS4 selectors), CSS custom properties (variables), and CSS calc
Published by: Packt Publishing | Publication date: 08/24/2015Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 314 pages
- What does responsive really mean?
- Semantic page structure
- Grid systems
- Responsive Images and media
- Media queries
- Responsive content
Published by: SitePoint | Publication date: 04/24/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 166 pages
Develop mobile-first and adaptive websites that provide the best user experience for a wide range of devicesKey Features
What Is Responsive Web Design What Is Bootstrap, Why We Use It? Reusable Project Template Creating The Introduction Section Creating A Single Page Section Creating A Contact Us Section Creating The Blog Posts Homepage Creating The Individual Post Page Adding A Sidebar To Social Network Creating The Homepage In Our Social Network Creating The User's Profile Page Displaying Thumbnails Of Our Photos Opening Images Using A Light Box
- Rapidly develop and prototype responsive websites by leveraging the power of Bootstrap
- Practice performance optimization techniques to make your site lighter and faster
- Learn responsive web design and discover how to build mobile-ready websites with ease
- Understand what responsive design is, and why it's vital for modern web development
- Customize and extend responsive design frameworks
- Create adaptable templates for all future projects
- Build a semantic website structure with HTML5 elements
- Determine a responsive website persona with CSS3
- Learn how to decide which framework best suits your project specification
- Implement a plethora of Bootstrap features in your websites
Published by: Packt Publishing | Publication date: 12/13/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 292 pages
Découvrez le responsive web design et apprenez à concevoir des sites qui anticipent et répondent aux besoins de vos utilisateurs. Dans cette seconde édition de son ouvrage phare, Ethan Marcotte décrit les principes qui sous-tendent le responsive design – grilles fluides, images flexibles et media queries – et démontre comment proposer une expérience de qualité, quelle que soit la taille de l’écran.Dans cette nouvelle édition : de nouveaux trucs et astuces pour la prise en charge des navigateurs, des solutions pour servir des images, rôle de l’amélioration progressive dans le design web, meilleures méthodes pour gérer la bande passante, etc. De nouveaux exemples et des listings de code méticuleusement révisés.Depuis sa parution qui a révolutionné le monde du web design en 2011, Responsive web design est resté une ressource fondamentale pour quiconque travaille sur le Web.Au sommaire : Principes du responsive design * La grille flexible * Composition flexible * Marges et espacement flexibles * Les images flexibles * Images fluides * Mosaïque d’arrière-plan flexible * Apprenez à aimer overflow * Négociez votre contenu * Les media queries * Plus de réactivité * Au sujet de la compatibilité * Pourquoi la flexibilité ? * Passer au responsive design * Une question de contexte * Mobile first * Vers un responsive workflow * Être « responsive » et responsable * L’amélioration progressive revisitée *
Published by: Eyrolles | Publication date: 02/23/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 168 pages
HTML5 for Masterminds, Revised 3rd Edition: How to take advantage of HTML5 to create responsive websites and revolutionary applications
- Form API
- Canvas API
- WebGL API and Three.js
- Web Audio API
- IndexedDB API
- Web Storage API
- File API
- Web Socket API
- WebRTC API
- Stream API
- FullScreen API
- Ajax Level 2
- Web Workers API
- Drag and Drop API
- History API
- Web Messaging API
- Pointer Lock API
- Geolocation API
- Page Visibility API
- TextTrack API
Published by: MinkBooks | Publication date: 07/14/2014Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 570 pages
Responsive web design is all about creating flexible websites that work equally well on phones, tablets, computers, and other devices. The key word here is “flexible”.The CSS flexible box model, known as flexbox, is a new layout tool that can help you build flexible websites painlessly. It is powerful, easy to learn, and easy to use.About This BookFlexbox for Responsive Web Design is a practical guide that explains the principles, benefits, and challenges of responsive web design with flexbox. It has four parts:
- A clear, compact tutorial covering the language of flexbox – core concepts, terminology, and syntax.
- Effective strategies for dealing with older browsers that don’t support flexbox.
- A user-friendly introduction to responsive web design – theory and practice in “aw shucks” language.
- Step-by-step instruction for building responsive web pages with flexbox.
Publication date: 07/17/2016Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 268 pages
For whom is this book?For people who want to learn html and css programming languages in a practical web page design. At the beginning of the book I discuss the theories and the basics of html, and then we go to the web page for mobile devices. I am currently explaining the new lines of code that we use.I lead the reader by the hand and easily explain the new knowledge, so that every reader understand and in the future could use this skill. I also provide useful tools to help you write web pages. The book is directed for beginners who start their adventure and people with knowledge of html but, but they cannot make an entire page for all devices. After reading and understanding, you will be able to write a responsive website.
Publication date: 08/31/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 223 pages
Want to improve the design of your website or web application without having to write CSS styles from scratch?Learning web development is a lot more challenging than it used to be. Responsive web design adds more layers of complexity to design and develop websites. In this book you will become familiar with the new cards component, setting up the new flexbox grid layout, customizing the look and feel, how to follow the mobile-first development workflow, and more!Web designer and developer Jacob Lett has built 100+ websites and WordPress themes. Let him show you exactly how to build responsive layouts that look great in every browser and device. He shares what you can't learn from the official documentation... the process of actually building a full web design layout.This book is focused on the workflow and does not duplicate what you can already find in the official documentation. This book will show you how to reference the documentation and use it effectively in your projects.BONUS: Includes a link to download a free cheat sheets bundle and a 1 hour training video.Who is this for?
- You're a web development beginner and want to learn how to become a developer.
- You learned HTML5 & CSS3 but are new to responsive web design basics.
- You have used Bootstrap before but want to learn new techniques and workflow.
- Learn what responsive web design is, the history behind it, and how the Bootstrap 4 frontend framework makes it easier to implement.
- Learn the web design process and how to build a website using Bootstrap 4.
- Learn what's new in Bootstrap 4 with a deep focus on CSS3 Flexbox, Cards, and the responsive grid layout.
- Responsive Marketing Homepage - Topics covered: responsive images, image cards, parallax background images, Google fonts, carousel cross-fade, and vertical centered text.
- Bootstrap Admin Dashboard - Topics covered: 100% height sidebar, card deck, FontAwesome icons, responsive charts and tables, and custom navigation tree menu.
- Learn by doing as you build two professional responsive layouts examples step-by-step.
- Focused on the workflow vs duplicating what you can find in the official documentation. This book will show you how to reference the documentation and use it effectively in your projects.
- Uses hyperlinks to point to code demos, snippets, videos, and external resources.
- Some experience with HTML coding and CSS is helpful but not necessary.
- Does not require knowing Sass, command line, or Photoshop.
- A computer with Google Chrome.
- A text editor like Atom and an internet connection.
Published by: Bootstrap Creative | Publication date: 03/20/2018Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 141 pages
CSS lets you create professional-looking websites, but learning its finer points can be tricky—even for seasoned web developers. This fully updated edition provides the most modern and effective tips, tricks, and tutorial-based instruction on CSS available today. Learn how to use new tools such as Flexbox and Sass to build web pages that look great and run fast on any desktop or mobile device. Ideal for casual and experienced designers alike.The important stuff you need to know:
- Start with the basics. Write CSS-friendly HTML, including the HTML5 tags recognized by today’s browsers.
- Design for mobile devices. Create web pages that look great when visitors use them on the go.
- Make your pages work for you. Add animations that capture the imagination, and forms that get the job done.
- Take control of page layouts. Use professional design techniques such as floats and positioning.
- Make your layouts more flexible. Design websites with Flexbox that adjust to different devices and screen sizes.
- Work more efficiently. Write less CSS code and work with smaller files, using Syntactically Awesome Stylesheets (Sass).
Published by: O'Reilly Media | Publication date: 08/13/2015Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 720 pages
This book will lead you, step by step and with illustrative screenshots, through a real example. Are you writing two websites – one for mobile and one for larger displays? Or perhaps you’ve heard of Responsive Design but are unsure how to bring HTML5, CSS3, or responsive design all together. If so, this book provides everything you need to take your web pages to the next level – before all your competitors do!
Published by: Packt Publishing | Publication date: 04/10/2012Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 326 pages