HTML5 is more than a markup language—it’s a collection of several independent web standards. Fortunately, this expanded guide covers everything you need in one convenient place. With step-by-step tutorials and real-world examples, HTML5: The Missing Manual shows you how to build web apps that include video tools, dynamic graphics, geolocation, offline features, and responsive layouts for mobile devices.The important stuff you need to know:
- Structure web pages more effectively. Learn how HTML5 helps web design tools and search engines work smarter.
- Add audio and video without plugins. Build playback pages that work in every browser.
- Create stunning visuals with Canvas. Draw shapes, pictures, and text; play animations; and run interactive games.
- Jazz up your pages with CSS3. Add fancy fonts and eye-catching effects with transitions and animation.
- Design better web forms. Collect information from visitors more efficiently with HTML5 form elements.
- Build it once, run it everywhere. Use responsive design to make your site look good on desktops, tablets, and smartphones.
- Include rich desktop features. Build self-sufficient web apps that work offline and store the data users need.
Published by: O'Reilly Media | Publication date: 12/17/2013Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 518 pages
- No previous experience required. By following each short, one-hour lesson in this book, anyone can learn the basics of web development.
- Learn at your own pace. You can work through each lesson sequentially to make sure you thoroughly understand all the concepts and methodologies, or you can focus on specific lessons to learn the techniques that interest you most.
- Test your knowledge. Each lesson ends with a Workshop section filled with questions, answers, and exercises for further study.
- Fully implement the HTML5 and CSS3 standards
- Work with text and create links
- Add images and graphics to your page
- Use CSS to style a site and position elements on a page
- Structure a page with HTML5
- Use responsive web design to make your pages look good on different-sized screens
- Design for the mobile web
- Get your site online and let people know it’s there
- Optimize your site for search engines
Published by: Sams Publishing | Publication date: 12/22/2015Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 770 pages
Creative professionals seeking the fastest, easiest, most comprehensive way to learn Adobe Dreamweaver CC (2019 release) choose Adobe Dreamweaver CC Classroom in a Book (2019 release) from the best-selling series of hands-on software training workbooks from Adobe Press. The 15 project-based step-by-step lessons in this book show users the key techniques for working in Dreamweaver while editing and creating HTML and Cascading Style Sheets (CSS). Learn how to create webpages for the modern web; use and customize popular web frameworks to build webpages for a wide variety of desktop computers and mobile devices with a minimum of hand coding; incorporate graphics and text; add links to text and images; add interactive elements to your pages, such as HTML5-compatible interactivity; work with the latest HTML5 and CSS3 code and structures; and publish a finished site to the web. A 16th lesson (online) provides valuable hands-on experience in writing and working with code using shorthand and various productivity enhancements. The online assets also include bonus exercises for HTML and CSS, essential to a full understanding of web design and website development. The online companion files include all the necessary assets for readers to complete the projects featured in each lesson as well as ebook updates when Adobe releases relevant new features for Creative Cloud customers. All buyers of the book get full access to the Web Edition: a Web-based version of the complete ebook enhanced with video and multiple-choice quizzes.
Published by: Adobe Press | Publication date: 12/12/2018Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 464 pages
Mastering Bootstrap 4: Master the latest version of Bootstrap 4 to build highly customized responsive web apps, 2nd Edition
Build responsive, dynamic, and mobile-first applications on the web with Bootstrap 4Key Features
Revving up Bootstrap Making a Style Statement Building the Layout On Navigation, Footers, Alerts and Content Speeding up development using jQuery plugins Customizing your plugins Integrating Bootstrap with third-party plugins Utilities Advanced components Optimizing Your Website Integration with Angular and React
- Master the art of creating highly intuitive and responsive web interfaces with Bootstrap 4
- Infuse your web pages with life and movement using Bootstrap jQuery plugins
- Create a professional Bootstrap-based website from scratch without using third-party templates
- Leverage Bootstrap's powerful grid system
- Style various types of content and learn how to build a page's layout from scratch by applying the power of Bootstrap 4
- Take advantage of Bootstrap's form helper and contextual classes
- Improve your website's overall user experience with headers and footers
- Infuse your web pages using Bootstrap jQuery plugins and create your own Bootstrap plugins
- Learn what utility classes Bootstrap 4 has to offer, how they are implemented, and the best way to use them.
- Create more advanced web interfaces by leveraging the power of accordions, dropdowns, and list groups.
- Incorporate Bootstrap into an AngularJS or React application and use Bootstrap components as AngularJS directives
Published by: Packt Publishing | Publication date: 02/22/2018Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 354 pages
This eBook, "Responsive Design", gives an overview about responsive Web design, showing many situations and techniques in which this approach can be applied to. Smartphones, tablets, laptops and desktop computers may share the same design, which is adapted according to screen size, platform and orientation of each device. Flexible grids and layouts, images, text and an intelligent use of CSS media queries are included.TABLE OF CONTENTS- Responsive Web Design: What It Is and How To Use It- Progressive And Responsive Navigation- Techniques For Gracefully Degrading Media Queries- Is There Ever A Justification For Responsive Text?- How To Use CSS3 Media Queries To Create a Mobile Version of Your Website- Device-Agnostic Approach To Responsive Web Design- Content Prototyping In Responsive Web Design
Published by: Smashing Media GmbH | Publication date: 05/30/2012Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 163 pages
Most coding books are as dry as a zombie's back side, but they don't have to be.This book combines zombies, humor and web development to not only help you learn about responsive design, but to retain it too.In today's multi-device culture you need to be ready to bash zombies anywhere you are. Whether you're staring at a monitor the size of an army tank or one that you’ve strapped to your wrist the website has gotta load for maximum zombie punishment. Responsive Design is a framework of code and processes and approaches that will make your website (and zombie destruction) as versatile as the screens thrown at it.
Publication date: 10/01/2018Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 36 pages
ABOUT THE AUTHOR Rajeev Vashisht was a Platinum Level Blogger at IBIBO Later on after the contest ended he was again top blogger at IBIBO for many months.He was a top blogger at Sulekha.comCurrently micro blogs actively at twitter with Klout score topping at 40.46.He has published 10 more books at Amazon Digital PlatformOn Technology & BusinessHe is MBA and a successful Author in India for about 15 years now. ABOUT THE BOOKResponsive website design php, Jquery,Bootstrap A unique book including example of database access using php & object sqli syntaxRare book including integration of bootstrap , jquery & php.A must read for any self-enthusiast, self -learner or for a professional who wants to get a quick jump start into the esoteric subject of responsive website design. Includes how to create bootstrap responsive controls like alerts/carousals/photo gallery
Publication date: 06/07/2015Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 29 pages
Published by: Peachpit Press | Publication date: 07/15/2014Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 551 pages
I created this title in aspiration of being able to successfully provide detailed and instructive content to those interested in web design, and do not currently have this particular skillset and ability. As a web designer it is important to stay up to date with the current trends and development structure of web design and how it is used and applied. Being able to provide your clients or your own business with up to date and modern tools for business is essential and helps business thrive. My mission within these pages is to provide my readers with something valuable and appreciative that they will be able to use and grow with as they venture on into the world of web design. I want to take my readers from ground zero and move them through the stages of development and get familiar with HTML, CSS with simple, un-complex code.
Publication date: 10/02/2014Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 87 pages
Get a Jump Start on building applications with Bootstrap today!Originally developed by Twitter, Bootstrap is a framework that making the once-arduous process of crafting fully responsive web designs a breeze! Discover why Bootstrap is fast becoming a favorite tool of top web designers.In just one weekend with this hands-on tutorial, you'll learn how to:
- Integrate Bootstrap into your projects
- Understand the basic Bootstrap template
- Work with Bootstrap's grid
- Customize Bootstrap to work with any project
Published by: SitePoint | Publication date: 06/24/2014Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 180 pages