CSS lets you create professional-looking websites, but learning its finer points can be tricky—even for seasoned web developers. This fully updated edition provides the most modern and effective tips, tricks, and tutorial-based instruction on CSS available today. Learn how to use new tools such as Flexbox and Sass to build web pages that look great and run fast on any desktop or mobile device. Ideal for casual and experienced designers alike.The important stuff you need to know:
- Start with the basics. Write CSS-friendly HTML, including the HTML5 tags recognized by today’s browsers.
- Design for mobile devices. Create web pages that look great when visitors use them on the go.
- Make your pages work for you. Add animations that capture the imagination, and forms that get the job done.
- Take control of page layouts. Use professional design techniques such as floats and positioning.
- Make your layouts more flexible. Design websites with Flexbox that adjust to different devices and screen sizes.
- Work more efficiently. Write less CSS code and work with smaller files, using Syntactically Awesome Stylesheets (Sass).
Published by: O'Reilly Media | Publication date: 08/13/2015Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 720 pages
Readers discover the latest, industry-leading, website development practices with this new book in the popular Shelly Cashman Series. For more than three decades, the Shelly Cashman Series has effectively introduced computer skills to millions of learners. Now, Minnick’s HTML5 AND CSS3: COMPREHENSIVE, 8E brings today’s best practices in website development into focus with meaningful applications. The webpage development process starts with a semantic wireframe and weaves proven principles of responsive design into each chapter. A raft of fresh new projects logically build in complexity to ensure understanding. This edition strives to not only teach valid HTLM and CSS, but also to reveal deeper conceptual issues essential to today’s field of web development.Important Notice: Media content referenced within the product description or the product text may not be available in the ebook version.
Published by: Cengage Learning | Publication date: 02/25/2016Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 744 pages
Learn how to create multi-column layout, navigation bar, carousel, progress bar, popover, form validation and more.Find out how to easily customize Bootstrap to fit your style.Build a responsive website from scratch - step by step. See the end result here: http://bit.ly/p-crslWhy This BookOne of the big challenges in web development is maintaining the site's compatibility across devices and their various display sizes, from desktop computers to tablets and mobile phones. The last thing we want is to have a website that looks good on a desktop but is painful to navigate on a small display, or looks great on a small screen but appears oddly tiny in the center of a large screen.Ideally the site should have the ability to automatically reorganize itself to provide the optimal viewing experience, in accordance with the size of the display. In short, we want our website to be responsive. This is where Bootstrap 3 comes in handy. It makes building responsive websites easier and quicker.Aimed at absolute beginners, this book will not require you to have any experience in HTML, CSS or JQuery. You will learn as you go along. It explains the subject matter in a step by step fashion, with plenty of examples and screenshots to illustrate the points.Formatted specifically for Kindle, this book takes full advantage of what Kindle can do. You can navigate around the book easily and run the examples using the Kindle's browser. Furthermore, all examples are downloadable. You can download, tweak and reuse them on your own project without having to retype everything.Who Should NOT Buy This BookIf you are able to learn on your own by perusing the online documentation provided by Bootstrap, you do not need this book. Before you open your wallet, check out Bootstrap's official site and give it a go.What you will get from this bookThis book will guide you in transforming a simple HTML page into a responsive one. It will demonstrate how to use Bootstrap's grid system to create a multi-column layout. It will also guide you in creating a navigation bar, different types of menus (with or without dropdowns), buttons, icons, modal and tables.The book will also cover forms and form validations, where you will create a Sign Up page with some validation procedures to examine the data entered and display a warning when appropriate.Needless to say, this book will be incomplete without a lesson on customizing Bootstrap to fit your own style. The book will cover light customization that will illustrate how you can change fonts, colors and background images to make the page your own.Light customization however is good only for minimal changes in the design. To tweak the design further, you will be better off using LESS. Therefore one chapter will be dedicated to demonstrate the customization using LESS.Towards the end of the book, we will throw in some more Bootstrap components that can increase your site's appeal. You will learn about Carousel, Affix, Scrollspy, Tooltip, Popover, Collapse and Progress Bar. Not only you will learn how to display them, you will also utilize some of the controls to make them work.As the last lesson, you will learn how to show or hide certain parts of the page depending on the size of the screen.For absolute beginners, quick introductions to CSS, LESS and how to compile LESS (including Bootstrap's LESS) are provided in the appendices.If you are looking for a step by step guide to responsive web development using Bootstrap 3, you may want to give this book a try.
Publication date: 04/23/2014Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 234 pages
Forget fixed-width Photoshop comps, bloated client requirements, and overproduced wireframes. Yesterday’s web design deliverables fail to take into account the demands of responsive solutions. Design workflow hasn’t really changed, but best practices have. This book shows you how to adapt to the new paradigm and create sites for today’s web. Some of the strategies you’ll learn include:
- how to better manage client expectations and development requirements
- a practical approach for designing in the browser
- documentation methods that outperform static Photoshop comps
- a method for visualizing the points where responsive designs change
Published by: New Riders | Publication date: 04/02/2013Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 231 pages
For whom is this book?For people who want to learn html and css programming languages in a practical web page design. At the beginning of the book I discuss the theories and the basics of html, and then we go to the web page for mobile devices. I am currently explaining the new lines of code that we use.I lead the reader by the hand and easily explain the new knowledge, so that every reader understand and in the future could use this skill. I also provide useful tools to help you write web pages. The book is directed for beginners who start their adventure and people with knowledge of html but, but they cannot make an entire page for all devices. After reading and understanding, you will be able to write a responsive website.
Publication date: 08/31/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 223 pages
- Build well-organized, easy-to-maintain web applications by letting ASP.NET MVC 5, Bootstrap, and Knockout.js do the heavy lifting
- Use ASP.NET MVC 5 to build server-side web applications, interact with a database, and dynamically render HTML
- Create responsive views with Bootstrap that render on a variety of modern devices; you may never code with CSS again
- Add Knockout.js to enhance responsive web design with snappy client-side interactions driven by your server-side web application
Published by: O'Reilly Media | Publication date: 05/18/2015Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 280 pages
Design and deliver an optimal user experience for all devicesAbout This Book
- Get to grips with the core functionality of RWD through examples
- Discover how to make layouts, content and media flexible, and explore why a content-first approach is more effective
- Maximize the performance of your web pages so that they work across all browsers and devices irrespective of the screen size
- Explore various layout options
- Understand what can be achieved in the browser, without the use of third-party tools
- Executing media queries to benefit responsive designs
- Understand the basics of responsive workflow and boilerplate frameworks
- Improve performance of responsive web design
- Maintain compatibility across various browsers
Published by: Packt Publishing | Publication date: 08/29/2016Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 174 pages
SVG is extremely powerful, with its reduced HTTP requests and crispness on any display. It becomes increasingly more interesting as you explore its capabilities for responsive animation and performance boons. When you animate SVG, you must be aware of normal image traits like composition, color, implementation, and optimization. But when you animate, it increases the complexity of each of these factors exponentially.This practical book takes a deep dive into how you can to solve these problems with stability, performance, and creativity in mind.
- Learn how to make SVG cross-browser compatible, backwards compatible, optimized, and responsive
- Plan and debug animation
- Make a complex animation responsive, as many sites are responsive
- Profile each animation technique in terms of performance so that you know what you're getting in to with each library or native technology
Published by: O'Reilly Media | Publication date: 03/17/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 243 pages
Readers discover the latest, industry-leading, website development practices with this new book in the popular Shelly Cashman Series. For more than three decades, the Shelly Cashman Series has effectively introduced computer skills to millions of learners. Now, Minnick’s HTML5 AND CSS3: COMPLETE, 8E brings today’s best practices in website development into focus with meaningful applications. The webpage development process starts with a semantic wireframe and weaves proven principles of responsive design into each chapter. A raft of fresh new projects logically build in complexity to ensure understanding. This edition strives to not only teach valid HTLM and CSS, but also to reveal deeper conceptual issues essential to today’s field of web development.Important Notice: Media content referenced within the product description or the product text may not be available in the ebook version.
Published by: Cengage Learning | Publication date: 10/29/2015Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 488 pages
- Step-by-step instructions carefully walk you through the most common Bootstrap development tasks
- Practical, hands-on examples show you how to apply what you learn
- Quizzes and exercises help you test your knowledge and stretch your skills
- Notes and tips point out shortcuts and solution
- Download Bootstrap and integrate it into your project
- Quickly build your first Bootstrap site with the basic template
- Create beautiful and responsive site layouts with Bootstrap’s built-in grids
- Display more interesting text with labels, badges, panels, and wells
- Style tables and forms so they’re attractive, readable, and responsive
- Use images, media, and icons, including free Glyphicons
- Quickly create navigation and buttons, including dropdowns and search fields
- Add alignment, color, and visibility with Bootstrap’s CSS utilities
- Rapidly create appealing functional prototypes
- Customize Bootstrap with CSS, Less, and Sass
- Lighten Bootstrap downloads by stripping out unnecessary features
- Build accessible sites
- Create complex designs that don’t look generic
- Those who already have an understanding of the basics of HTML and CSS
Published by: Sams Publishing | Publication date: 11/04/2015Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 433 pages