Unearth the potential of Bootstrap with step-by-step guidance.About This Book
- An applied guide exploring web application development with Bootstrap 4
- Learn responsive web design and discover how to build mobile-ready websites with ease
- Become an expert in Bootstrap framework, and speed up frontend development and prototyping through real-life examples
- Discover how to use Bootstrap's components and elements, and customize them for your own projects
- Understand the framework's usage in the best way with the recommended development patterns
- Use Sass to customize your existing themes
- Apply the Bootstrap mobile-first grid system and add responsiveness and aesthetic touches to image elements
- Customize the behavior and features of Bootstrap's jQuery Plugins extensively
- Style various types of content and learn how to build a page's layout from scratch by applying the power of Bootstrap 4
- Work with content, such as tables and figures
- Bootstrap by Example – by Silvio Moreto
- Learning Bootstrap 4, Second Edition – by Matt Lambert
- Mastering Bootstrap 4 – by Benjamin Jakobus and Jason Marah
Published by: Packt Publishing | Publication date: 07/06/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 1136 pages
Responsive Web Design Toolkit: Hammering Websites into Shape focuses on the nuts and bolts of responsive web design, showing you how to better build and how to debug websites that use the responsive technique. This book guides you through the technology that programmers use to build, test, and debug responsive websites. Covering what engineers do, how localhost can help, and DIY-testing, this book shows technically-minded designers how to create digital objects that lead to shorter development times, quicker testing cycles, and more insight into users and their mobile devices, ultimately leading to better products.
Published by: Chapman and Hall/CRC | Publication date: 09/16/2015Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 232 pages
In DetailThe Internet is going mobile. Desktop computer sales keep falling as the mobile device marketplace burgeons. Web development methods are rapidly changing to adapt to this new trend. HTML5 and CSS3 Responsive Web Design Cookbook, for all of today’s wireless Internet devices, gives developers a new toolbox for staying connected with this on-the-run demographic.HTML5 and CSS3 Responsive Web Design Cookbook is the programmer’s resource for generating websites that effortlessly interface with modern mobile devices. Using its clear instructions you can create responsive applications that make snappy connections for mobile browsers and give your website the latest design and development advantages for reaching mobile devices.HTML5 and CSS3 Responsive Web Design Cookbook is full of how-to recipes for site enhancements and optimizing your sites for the latest devices and the mobile Web.You will learn how to make images automatically respond to page size, make responsive menus, embed responsive videos and take advantage of a number of responsive typography techniques.We’ll then move on to creating layouts using frameworks making captivating responsive sites and retrofit frameworks into responsive websites with just a few lines of CSS.HTML5 and CSS3 Responsive Web Design Cookbook is your guide to obtaining full access to next generation devices and browser technology.ApproachAs a Cookbook, we are targeting existing developers who need to pick and choose specific recipes in order to help their websites become accessible (and usable) regardless of screen size, device, or browser.Who this book is forHTML5 and CSS3 Responsive Web Design Cookbook, for all of today’s wireless Internet devices, is for web developers seeking innovative techniques that deliver fast, intuitive interfacing for the latest mobile Internet devices.
Published by: Packt Publishing | Publication date: 07/10/2013Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 204 pages
Practical Web Design: Learn the fundamentals of web design with HTML5, CSS3, Bootstrap, jQuery, and Vue.js
A step by step guide for beginners to create interactive and dynamic websites from scratch.Key Features
Evolution of Web Design Web Design and its Components Website Designing Workflow Responsive Versus Adaptive Design Learning HTML5 Learning CSS3 Project on Building Our Own Website Making Our Website Responsive Adding Interaction and Dynamic Contents Optimizing and Launching Our Website What Is Bootstrap? Building a Website with Bootstrap Introduction to Client-Side Rendering Tools to Help Your Workflow
- A fun-filled book with incrementing projects that would help you learn and adapt the fundamentals of web development
- Bring your web design to life with the help of HTML, CSS, JQuery, and learn to kick-start your future projects with Bootstrap
- Explore popular web development techniques such as responsive, adaptive, and material design and initiate yourself with Vue.js
- Understand the importance of web design and the basic design components
- Learn HTML5 and CSS3
- Difference between adaptive and responsive web design
- Learn how to create your first website
- Implement Bootstrap Framework in your project
- Get familiar with server-side rendering
Published by: Packt Publishing | Publication date: 04/30/2018Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 368 pages
Published by: Sams Publishing | Publication date: 11/17/2014Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 384 pages
Bootstrap 4 Quick Start: Responsive Web Design and Development Basics for Beginners (Bootstrap 4 Tutorial Book 1)
Want to improve the design of your web application or website without having to write CSS styles from scratch?Learning web development is a lot more challenging than it used to be. Responsive web design adds more layers of complexity to design and develop websites. In this book you will become familiar with the new cards component, setting up the new flexbox grid layout, customizing the look and feel, how to follow the mobile-first development workflow, and more!Web designer and developer Jacob Lett has built 100+ websites and WordPress themes. Let him show you exactly how to build responsive layouts that look great in every browser and device. He shares what you can't learn from the official documentation... the process of actually building a full web design layout.This book is focused on the workflow and does not duplicate what you can already find in the official documentation. This book will show you how to reference the documentation and use it effectively in your projects.BONUS: Includes a link to download a free cheat sheets bundle and a 1 hour training video.Who is this for?
- You're a web development beginner and want to learn how to become a developer.
- You learned HTML5 & CSS3 but are new to responsive web design basics.
- You have used Bootstrap before but want to learn new techniques and workflow.
- Learn what responsive web design is, the history behind it, and how the Bootstrap 4 frontend framework makes it easier to implement.
- Learn the web design process and how to build a website using Bootstrap 4.
- Learn what's new in Bootstrap 4 with a deep focus on CSS3 Flexbox, Cards, and the responsive grid layout.
- Responsive Marketing Homepage - Topics covered: responsive images, image cards, parallax background images, Google fonts, carousel cross-fade, and vertical centered text.
- Bootstrap Admin Dashboard - Topics covered: 100% height sidebar, card deck, FontAwesome icons, responsive charts and tables, and custom navigation tree menu.
- Learn by doing as you build two professional responsive layouts examples step-by-step.
- Focused on the workflow vs duplicating what you can find in the official documentation. This book will show you how to reference the documentation and use it effectively in your projects.
- Uses hyperlinks to point to code demos, snippets, videos, and external resources.
- Some experience with HTML coding and CSS is helpful but not necessary.
- Does not require knowing Sass, command line, or Photoshop.
- A computer with Google Chrome.
- A text editor like Atom and an internet connection.
Published by: Bootstrap Creative | Publication date: 03/20/2018Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 141 pages
Published by: New Riders | Publication date: 11/21/2015Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 266 pages
Publication date: 01/01/2018Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 155 pages
Published by: Apress | Publication date: 09/17/2014Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 316 pages
For a couple of decades now, designers have used Photoshop to mock up Web page designs. However, that work generally results in a static graphic of the page, which has to be translated by a developer into the components of a Web page: HTML files and Web-compatible image files. Our multi-device world has shown us that this approach to web design, including full-page comps done in Photoshop, is increasingly problematic. Modern web designers are adopting a new approach: creating flexible web pages whose layout can adapt to suit the screen on which they are displayed. This is “Responsive Web Design” [RWD]. Until now, books on designing responsive Web sites have focused on HTML and CSS – in other words, they've been very code-centric, and visual creativity seems to take a back seat. This new book is aimed at the visual Web designer who’s accustomed to working in Photoshop. Adobe Photoshop CC contains many new features that help streamline the process of converting a static page design to a set of components for a responsive web page. Dan Rose is one of the best-known advocates of this new way of working in Photoshop. He’s observed that only a few people are talking about Photoshop for RWD constructively, yet a majority (63% as of his last informal poll) of web designers are using Photoshop for more than simple asset creation. This transition is a pain point for many designers. His new book will balance coverage of conceptual issues (how to fit tools like Photoshop to the design workflow rather than fitting a workflow to the tools) with practical design exercises tailored to help communicate the overall design direction of the page while respecting the needs of the fluid Web. In addition, he will introduce methods for taking HTML back into Photoshop for further refinement.
Published by: Adobe Press | Publication date: 01/12/2015Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 250 pages