Responsive Web Design with HTML5 and CSS3 - Second Edition: Build responsive and future-proof websites to meet the demands of modern web users
Learn the HTML5 and CSS3 you need to help you design responsive and future-proof websites that meet the demands of modern web usersAbout This Book
The Essentials of Responsive Web Design Media Queries - Supporting Differing Viewports Fluid Layouts and Responsive Images HTML5 for Responsive Web Designs CSS3 - Selectors, Typography, Color Modes, and New Features Stunning Aesthetics with CSS3 Using SVGs for Resolution Independence Transitions, Transformations, and Animations Conquer Forms with HTML5 and CSS3 Approaching a Responsive Web Design
- Learn and explore how to harness the latest features of HTML5 in the context of responsive web design
- Learn to wield the new Flexbox layout mechanism, code responsive images, and understand how to implement SVGs in a responsive project
- Make your pages interactive by using CSS animations, transformations, and transitions
- Understand what responsive design is, and why it's vital for modern web development
- HTML5 markup is cleaner, faster, and more semantically rich than anything that has come before - learn how to use it and its latest features
- Integrate CSS3 media queries into your designs to use different styles for different media. You'll also learn about future media queries which are evolving in CSS4.
- Responsive images allow different images to be presented in different scenarios. We'll cover how to load different sets of images depending upon screen size or resolution and how to display different images in different contexts.
- Conquer forms! Add validation and useful interface elements like date pickers and range sliders with HTML5 markup alone.
- Implement SVGs into your responsive designs to provide resolution independent images, and learn how to adapt and animate them
- Learn how to use the latest features of CSS including custom fonts, nth-child selectors (and some CSS4 selectors), CSS custom properties (variables), and CSS calc
Published by: Packt Publishing | Publication date: 08/24/2015Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 314 pages
Responsive web design is all about creating flexible websites that work equally well on phones, tablets, computers, and other devices. The key word here is “flexible”.The CSS flexible box model, known as flexbox, is a new layout tool that can help you build flexible websites painlessly. It is powerful, easy to learn, and easy to use.About This BookFlexbox for Responsive Web Design is a practical guide that explains the principles, benefits, and challenges of responsive web design with flexbox. It has four parts:
- A clear, compact tutorial covering the language of flexbox – core concepts, terminology, and syntax.
- Effective strategies for dealing with older browsers that don’t support flexbox.
- A user-friendly introduction to responsive web design – theory and practice in “aw shucks” language.
- Step-by-step instruction for building responsive web pages with flexbox.
Publication date: 07/17/2016Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 268 pages
Learn SEO strategies to rank at the top of Google with SEO 2019, from beginner to advanced!EXPANDED & UPDATED - NOVEMBER, 2018 | Free Kindle updates for lifeNo matter your background, SEO 2019 will walk you through search engine optimization techniques used to grow countless companies online, exact steps to rank high in Google, and how get a ton of customers. First, let me tell you a little secret about SEO marketing...Most of the search engine optimization advice on the Internet is wrong!If you've browsed through search engine optimization advice online, you may have noticed two things:- Most SEO advice is outdated or just dead-wrong.- Google's constant updates have made many popular SEO optimization strategies useless.Why is this so? Google are constantly evolving. Some recent changes:1. August, 2018 - Google releases an industry changing update, with some sites showing up to 50% decreases or increases in traffic, later titled the "Medic Update" or "Your Money or Your Life Update."2. July, 2018 - Google announce's Speakable markup, making it easier than ever to target voice search results.3. March, 2018 - Google's game-changing "Mobile First Index" is rolled out, completely overhauling how the search results are calculated.4. January, 2018 - Google announces their "Speed Update" rolling out July, 2018—targeting sites with slow mobile load speeds.SEO 2018 covers these latest updates to Google's algorithm and how to use them to your advantage. This book also reveals potential changes coming up in 2019. With this best-selling SEO book, learn SEO from a fundamental level, achieve top rankings, and generate a wave of new customers to your site.Discover powerful link building techniques experts use to get top rankingsLink building is the strongest factor for ranking high in Google. Unfortunately, most widely-used methods suck! This chapter walks you through new powerful techniques that won't get you in hot-water with Google. Now updated with more link building strategies, and extra tips for advanced readers.You will also discover:1. Important SEO concepts, from beginner to advanced.2. Sneaky tricks to get local businesses ranking high with local SEO.3. The inner workings of Google’s algorithm and how it calculates the search results.4. How to find “money” keywords that will send customers to your site.5. Basic and advanced link building strategies for pushing your rankings up higher.6. Six insider sources to get expert SEO or Internet marketing advice worth thousands of dollars, for free.7. How to use social media and web analytics to multiply your results.Sidestep Google search engine updates in 2019Contrary to Internet marketing gossip, problems caused by Google updates are rarely irrecoverable—but you need the right knowledge. This book reveals:- The inner mechanics of Google's algorithm, and how to rank your site at the top.- Recent Google updates—Google's Medic Update, Speakable markup, Google's Mobile First Index, Google Speed update, Google Hawk update, Accelerated Mobile Pages, and more...- Potential changes coming up in 2019.- How to safe-guard against penalties in 2019 and beyond.- How to recover from Google penalties.And read the special bonus chapter on pay-per-click advertisingIn this special bonus chapter, learn to quickly setup pay-per-click advertising campaigns with Google AdWords, and send more customers to your site overnight, literally.One of the most comprehensive SEO optimization and Internet marketing books ever published—now expanded and updated—of all best-selling SEO books, this is the only one with everything you need. Scroll up, click buy, and get started now!
Published by: Unknown | Publication date: 09/09/2014Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 229 pages
Push your HTML and CSS skills to the limit and build professional grade, responsive websitesAbout This Book
- Take your RWD skills to the next level with HTML5 and CSS3 best practices that will give you a solid foundation to build out from
- Harness the power of the CSS pre-processor Sass to speed up the creation of your CSS
- Each chapter dives deep in to different aspects of RWD and is designed to get you up to speed with the latest developments in professional web design
- Install and use Sass with SCSS syntax to create your CSS
- Use HTML5 tags the right way, for the right type of content
- Enhance the experience of users with assistive technology with ARIA roles
- Design with a desktop-first approach, but implement with mobile-first methodology
- Master your layouts by creating your own scalable CSS grid, or using Flexbox for total layout 'flexibility'
- Retrofit your old web sites with your new responsive design skills
- Deal with legacy browsers, and learn how to keep your designs consistent
- Implement widely used responsive patterns, such as the “drawer navigation”, the “off-canvas” and the “flexbox-based” navigation patterns
- Find the best way to serve the right type of image and how to make videos responsive
- Build custom responsive emails to ensure the message gets across regardless of the device
Published by: Packt Publishing | Publication date: 08/24/2015Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 336 pages
This book will lead you, step by step and with illustrative screenshots, through a real example. Are you writing two websites – one for mobile and one for larger displays? Or perhaps you’ve heard of Responsive Design but are unsure how to bring HTML5, CSS3, or responsive design all together. If so, this book provides everything you need to take your web pages to the next level – before all your competitors do!
Published by: Packt Publishing | Publication date: 04/10/2012Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 326 pages
Deliver an optimal user experience to all devices—including tablets, smartphones, feature phones, laptops, and large screens—by learning the basics of responsive web design. In this hands-on guide, UX designer Clarissa Peterson explains how responsive web design works, and takes you through a responsive workflow from project kickoff to site launch.Ideal for anyone involved in the process of creating websites—not just developers—this book teaches you fundamental strategies and techniques for using HTML and CSS to design websites that not only adapt to any screen size, but also use progressive enhancement to provide a better user experience based on device capabilities such as touchscreens and retina displays.
- Start with content strategy before creating a visual design
- Learn why your default design should be for the narrowest screens
- Explore the HTML elements and CSS properties essential for responsive web design
- Use media queries to display different CSS styles based on a device’s viewport width
- Handle elements such as images, typography, and navigation
- Use performance optimization techniques to make your site lighter and faster
Published by: O'Reilly Media | Publication date: 06/09/2014Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 412 pages
- What does responsive really mean?
- Semantic page structure
- Grid systems
- Responsive Images and media
- Media queries
- Responsive content
Published by: SitePoint | Publication date: 04/24/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 166 pages
Bootstrap 4 Quick Start: Responsive Web Design and Development Basics for Beginners (Bootstrap 4 Tutorial Book 1)
Want to improve the design of your web application or website without having to write CSS styles from scratch?Learning web development is a lot more challenging than it used to be. Responsive web design adds more layers of complexity to design and develop websites. In this book you will become familiar with the new cards component, setting up the new flexbox grid layout, customizing the look and feel, how to follow the mobile-first development workflow, and more!Web designer and developer Jacob Lett has built 100+ websites and WordPress themes. Let him show you exactly how to build responsive layouts that look great in every browser and device. He shares what you can't learn from the official documentation... the process of actually building a full web design layout.This book is focused on the workflow and does not duplicate what you can already find in the official documentation. This book will show you how to reference the documentation and use it effectively in your projects.BONUS: Includes a link to download a free cheat sheets bundle and a 1 hour training video.Who is this for?
- You're a web development beginner and want to learn how to become a developer.
- You're an experienced backend developer or programmer (Python, Perl, Node.js, PHP, ASP.NET / .Net Core, Ruby on Rails, SQL etc.) and you want to improve your frontend design skills.
- You learned HTML5 & CSS3 but are new to responsive web design basics.
- You have used Bootstrap before but want to learn new techniques and workflow.
- Learn what responsive web design is, the history behind it, and how the Bootstrap 4 frontend framework makes it easier to implement.
- Learn the web design process and how to build a website using Bootstrap 4.
- Learn what's new in Bootstrap 4 with a deep focus on CSS3 Flexbox, Cards, and the responsive grid layout.
- Responsive Marketing Homepage - Topics covered: responsive images, image cards, parallax background images, Google fonts, carousel cross-fade, and vertical centered text.
- Bootstrap Admin Dashboard - Topics covered: 100% height sidebar, card deck, FontAwesome icons, responsive charts and tables, and custom navigation tree menu.
- Learn by doing as you build two professional responsive layouts examples step-by-step.
- Focused on the workflow vs duplicating what you can find in the official documentation. This book will show you how to reference the documentation and use it effectively in your projects.
- Uses hyperlinks to point to code demos, snippets, videos, and external resources.
- Some experience with HTML coding and CSS is helpful but not necessary.
- Does not require knowing Sass, command line, or Photoshop.
- A computer with Google Chrome.
- A text editor like Atom and an internet connection.
Published by: Bootstrap Creative | Publication date: 03/20/2018Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 141 pages
Unearth the potential of Bootstrap with step-by-step guidance.About This Book
- An applied guide exploring web application development with Bootstrap 4
- Learn responsive web design and discover how to build mobile-ready websites with ease
- Become an expert in Bootstrap framework, and speed up frontend development and prototyping through real-life examples
- Discover how to use Bootstrap's components and elements, and customize them for your own projects
- Understand the framework's usage in the best way with the recommended development patterns
- Use Sass to customize your existing themes
- Apply the Bootstrap mobile-first grid system and add responsiveness and aesthetic touches to image elements
- Customize the behavior and features of Bootstrap's jQuery Plugins extensively
- Style various types of content and learn how to build a page's layout from scratch by applying the power of Bootstrap 4
- Work with content, such as tables and figures
- Bootstrap by Example – by Silvio Moreto
- Learning Bootstrap 4, Second Edition – by Matt Lambert
- Mastering Bootstrap 4 – by Benjamin Jakobus and Jason Marah
Published by: Packt Publishing | Publication date: 07/06/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 1136 pages
- how to handle the viewports of mobile devices
- how to create fluid content, flexible images and liquid layouts
- how to use media queries and breakpoints for flexible layouts
- how to test your mobile websites
- how to create animations with CSS3
- how to transform and rotate elements on your web pages
- how to use masks and filters in CSS
- how to create your CSS faster and more effectively with variables
Published by: The Open Web Learning Institute | Publication date: 11/20/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 1136 pages