Nothing is Okay is the second full-length poetry collection by Rachel Wiley, whose work simultaneously deconstructs the lies that we were taught about our bodies and our beings, and builds new ways of viewing ourselves. As she delves into queerness, feminism, fatness, dating, and race, Wiley molds these topics into a punching critique of culture and a celebration of self. A fat positive activist, Wiley's work soars and challenges the bounds of bodies and hearts, and the ways we carry them.
Published by: Button Poetry | Publication date: 03/22/2018Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 96 pages
Depression & Other Magic Tricks is the debut book by Sabrina Benaim, one of the most-viewed performance poets of all time, whose poem "Explaining My Depression to My Mother" has become a cultural phenomenon with over 50,000,000 views. Depression & Other Magic Tricks explores themes of mental health, love, and family. It is a documentation of struggle and triumph, a celebration of daily life and of living. Benaim's wit, empathy, and gift for language produce a work of endless wonder.
Published by: Button Poetry | Publication date: 08/18/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 97 pages
Agile by Design: An Implementation Guide to Analytic Lifecycle Management (Wiley and SAS Business Series)
Achieve greater success by increasing the agility of analytics lifecycle management Agile by Design offers the insight you need to improve analytic lifecycle management while integrating the right analytics projects into different frameworks within your business. You will explore, in-depth, what analytics projects are and why they are set apart from traditional development initiatives. Beyond merely defining analytics projects, Agile by Design equips you with the information you need to apply agile methodologies in a way that tailors your approach to individual initiatives—and the needs of your projects and team. Lifecycle management is a complex subject area, and with the increasingly important integration of analytics into multiple facets of business models, understanding how to use agile tools while managing a product lifecycle is essential to maintaining a competitive edge in today's professional world.
- Gain an understanding of the principles, processes, and practices associated with effective analytic lifecycle management
- Discover techniques that will enable you to successfully initiate, plan, and execute analytic development projects with an eye for the opportunity to engage agile methodologies
- Understand agile development frameworks
- Identify which agile methodologies are best for different frameworks—and how to apply them throughout the analytic development lifecycle
Published by: Wiley | Publication date: 09/14/2015Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 254 pages
Losing Eden traces the environmental history and development of the American West and explains how the land has shaped and been shaped by the people who live there.
- Discusses key events and topics from the Beringia migration, Columbian Exchange, and federal territorial acquisition to post-war expansion, resource exploitation, and climate change
- Structures the coverage around three important themes: balancing economic success and ecological protection; avoiding "the tragedy of the commons"; and achieving sustainability
- Contains an accessible, up-to-date narrative written by an expert scholar and professor that supplements a variety of college-level survey or seminar courses on US, American West, or environmental history
- Incorporates student-friendly features, including definitions of key terms, suggested reading sections, and over 30 illustrations
Published by: Wiley-Blackwell | Publication date: 08/29/2016Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 228 pages
Expert tips for the last piece in the paperless puzzle The Bluebeam Guidebook offers comprehensive coverage of the industry’s leading PDF tool to help AEC professionals adopt a more efficient digital workflow. With desktop, mobile, and server-based products, Bluebeam makes collaboration and document coordination seamless, and provides a perfect complement to BIM software. This book shows you how to push the boundaries and discover the software’s true capabilities. Written expressly for working AEC professionals, this book offers tips, tricks, and ideas that cater to industry-specific needs. Expert instruction and step-by-step guidance helps you get started quickly, and case studies feature users from firms such as Kiewit, Populus, Sundt Construction, and more to show you how Bluebeam is quickly becoming a critical component of design and construction.
- Master the industry’s leading PDF software and alternative to Adobe Acrobat
- Create, edit, and markup documents in a way that suits the architecture and engineering workflow
- Learn how major AEC firms have transitioned seamlessly to digital workflows
- Integrate Bluebeam into estimating, quality control, field applications, and more
Published by: Wiley | Publication date: 03/02/2018Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 331 pages
A guide to working effectively with children in the criminal justice system Uniquely designed to train psychology, criminology, and social work students to work with children in the criminal justice system—both in the courtroom and as clinical clients—Forensic Child Psychology presents current research and practice-based knowledge to improve the judicial and child welfare systems. Authors Matthew Fanetti, William T. O'Donohue, Rachel N. Happel, and Kresta N. Daly bring their combined expertise in child psychology, forensic interviewing, and criminal prosecution to bear on the process of obtaining accurate information from children involved in legal proceedings, preparing professionals to work with:
- Children who are victims of crime
- Children who are perpetrators of crime
- Children who are witnesses of crime
Published by: Wiley | Publication date: 12/02/2014Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 331 pages
Computing technology is constantly evolving and changing, developing and consolidating its position as a vital component of our lives. It no longer plays a minor part in society – it is embedded in, and affects, all aspects of life, from education to healthcare to war. Dealing with the implications of this is a major challenge, and one that can impact upon us, both personally and professionally. As a consequence, it is vital that all in the computing industry make wise decisions regarding their conduct.Using case studies and discussion topics drawn from entertaining real world examples, Pandora’s Box examines the background of a wide range of vital contemporary issues, encouraging readers to examine the social, legal and ethical challenges they will face in their own careers.Written in an engaging style and packed with international examples, this book addresses topics which have come to the forefront of public consciousness in recent years, such as online crime, piracy and peer to peer file sharing. Comprehensive coverage is provided of digital entertainment, censorship and privacy issues, presenting a rich source of context in which to consider ethical matters.Suitable for students on computer science degree programmes, as well as those taking IT related modules on other courses which consider the impact of technology on 21st century living, Pandora’s Box is an essential read and a unique and timely textbook.
Published by: Wiley | Publication date: 10/03/2011Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 666 pages
Cases for PACES is concise, ideal for quick reference, and the perfect study aid to Part II of the MRCP examination. Including all the essential information for the exam in colour-coded sections for each station, it lets you quickly understand the most common cases.Now in full colour, it features new case material, updated content on ethics and law, and revised brief clinical consultations that better reflect the current exam. Cases for PACES also includes hints and tips for preparing for the exam, and what to expect on the day.The authors have condensed their own experiences in learning and teaching PACES to provide you with exactly what you need to pass. With its informal style it is ideal for self-directed learning in groups, and will help you hone your clinical skills and boost your confidence throughout your revision.
Published by: Wiley | Publication date: 03/13/2015Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 189 pages
The Modern Theologians: An Introduction to Christian Theology Since 1918 (The Great Theologians Book 3)
This popular text has been updated to ensure that it continues to provide a current and comprehensive overview of the main Christian theologies of the twentieth and twenty-first centuries.
- Each chapter is written by a leading theologian and gives a clear picture of a particular movement, topic or individual.
- New and updated treatments of topics covered in earlier editions, with over half the chapters new to this edition or revised by new authors.
- New section singling out six classic theologians of the twentieth century.
- Expanded treatment of the natural sciences, gender, Roman Catholic theology since Vatican II, and African, Asian and Evangelical theologies.
- Completely new chapters on spirituality, pastoral theology, philosophical theology, postcolonial biblical interpretation, Pentecostal theology, Islam and Christian theology, Buddhism and Christian theology, and theology and film.
- As in previous editions, the text opens with a full introduction to modern theology.
- Epilogue discussing the present situation and prospects of Christian theology in the twenty-first century.
Published by: Wiley-Blackwell | Publication date: 09/23/2013Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 819 pages
An excellent introduction to the basic concepts of nuclear medicine physics This Third Edition of Essentials of Nuclear Medicine Physics and Instrumentation expands the finely developed illustrated review and introductory guide to nuclear medicine physics and instrumentation. Along with simple, progressive, highly illustrated topics, the authors present nuclear medicine-related physics and engineering concepts clearly and concisely. Included in the text are introductory chapters on relevant atomic structure, methods of radionuclide production, and the interaction of radiation with matter. Further, the text discusses the basic function of the components of scintillation and non-scintillation detector systems. An information technology section discusses PACs and DICOM. There is extensive coverage of quality control procedures, followed by updated chapters on radiation safety practices, radiation biology, and management of radiation accident victims. Clear and concise, this new edition of Essentials of Nuclear Medicine Physics and Instrumentation offers readers:
- Four new chapters
- Updated coverage of CT and hybrid scanning systems: PET/CT and SPECT/CT
- Fresh discussions of the latest technology based on solid state detectors and new scanner designs optimized for dedicated cardiac imaging
- New coverage of PACs and DICOM systems
- Expanded coverage of image reconstruction and processing techniques
- New material on methods of image display
Published by: Wiley-Blackwell | Publication date: 02/08/2013Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 248 pages