- The first chapter is a tutorial on the basic concepts of Go, introduced through programs for file I/O and text processing, simple graphics, and web clients and servers.
- Early chapters cover the structural elements of Go programs: syntax, control flow, data types, and the organization of a program into packages, files, and functions. The examples illustrate many packages from the standard library and show how to create new ones of your own. Later chapters explain the package mechanism in more detail, and how to build, test, and maintain projects using the go tool.
- The chapters on methods and interfaces introduce Go’s unconventional approach to object-oriented programming, in which methods can be declared on any type and interfaces are implicitly satisfied. They explain the key principles of encapsulation, composition, and substitutability using realistic examples.
- Two chapters on concurrency present in-depth approaches to this increasingly important topic. The first, which covers the basic mechanisms of goroutines and channels, illustrates the style known as communicating sequential processes for which Go is renowned. The second covers more traditional aspects of concurrency with shared variables. These chapters provide a solid foundation for programmers encountering concurrency for the first time.
- The final two chapters explore lower-level features of Go. One covers the art of metaprogramming using reflection. The other shows how to use the unsafe package to step outside the type system for special situations, and how to use the cgo tool to create Go bindings for C libraries.
Published by: Addison-Wesley Professional | Publication date: 11/16/2015Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 400 pages
The Complete Software Developer's Career Guide: How to Learn Your Next Programming Language, Ace Your Programming Interview, and Land The Coding Job Of Your Dreams
Technical Knowledge Alone Isn't Enough - Increase Your Software Development Income by Leveling Up Your Soft Skills Early in his software developer career, John Sonmez discovered that technical knowledge alone isn't enough to break through to the next income level - developers need "soft skills" like the ability to learn new technologies just in time, communicate clearly with management and consulting clients, negotiate a fair hourly rate, and unite teammates and coworkers in working toward a common goal. As John invested in these skills his career took off, and he became a highly paid, highly sought-after developer and consultant. Today John helps more than 1.4 million programmers every year to increase their income by developing this unique blend of skills. "If you're a developer, green or a veteran, you owe it to yourself to read The Complete Software Developers Career Guide." - Jason Down, Platform Developer, Ontario, Canada What You Will Learn in This Book
- How to systematically find and fill the gaps in your technical knowledge so you can face any new challenge with confidence
- Should you take contract work - or hold out for a salaried position? Which will earn you more, what the tradeoffs are, and how your personality should sway your choice
- Ever notice how every job ever posted requires "3-5 years of experience," which you don't have? Simple solution for this frustrating chicken-and-egg problem that allows you to build legitimate job experience while you learn to code
- Is earning a computer science degree a necessity - or a total waste of time? How to get a college degree with maximum credibility and minimum debt
- Coding bootcamps - some are great, some are complete scams. How to tell the difference so you don't find yourself cheated out of $10,000
- Interviewer tells you, "Dress code is casual around here - the development team wears flipflops." What should you wear?
- How do you deal with a boss who's a micromanager. Plus how helping your manager with his goals can make you the MVP of your team
- The technical skills that every professional developer must have - but no one teaches you (most developers are missing some critical pieces, they don't teach this stuff in college, you're expected to just "know" this)
- An inside look at the recruiting industry. What that "friendly" recruiter really wants from you, how they get paid, and how to avoid getting pigeonholed into a job you'll hate
Published by: Simple Programmer | Publication date: 07/11/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 798 pages
The Rust Programming Language is the official book on Rust, an open-source, community-developed systems programming language that runs blazingly fast, prevents segfaults, and guarantees thread safety. This is the undisputed go-to guide to Rust, written by two members of the Rust core team, with feedback and contributions from 42 members of the community. The book assumes that you’ve written code in another programming language but makes no assumptions about which one, meaning the material is accessible and useful to developers from a wide variety of programming backgrounds. Known by the Rust community as “The Book,” The Rust Programming Language includes concept chapters, where you’ll learn about a particular aspect of Rust, and project chapters, where you’ll apply what you’ve learned so far to build small programs. The Book opens with a quick hands-on project to introduce the basics then explores key concepts in depth, such as ownership, the type system, error handling, and fearless concurrency. Next come detailed explanations of Rust-oriented perspectives on topics like pattern matching, iterators, and smart pointers, with concrete examples and exercises--taking you from theory to practice. The Rust Programming Language will also show you how to:- Grasp important concepts unique to Rust, like ownership, borrowing, and lifetimes- Use Cargo, Rust’s built-in package manager, to build and maintain your code, including downloading and building dependencies- Effectively use Rust’s zero-cost abstractions and employ your own You’ll learn to develop reliable code that’s speed and memory efficient, while avoiding the infamous and arcane programming pitfalls common at the systems level. When you need to dive down into lower-level control, this guide will show you how without taking on the customary risk of crashes or security holes and without requiring you to learn the fine points of a fickle toolchain. You’ll also learn how to create command line programs, build single- and multithreaded web servers, and much more. The Rust Programming Language fully embraces Rust’s potential to empower its users. This friendly and approachable guide will help you build not only your knowledge of Rust but also your ability to program with confidence in a wider variety of domains.
Published by: No Starch Press | Publication date: 07/10/2018Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 552 pages
The new C++11 standard allows programmers to express ideas more clearly, simply, and directly, and to write faster, more efficient code. Bjarne Stroustrup, the designer and original implementer of C++, has reorganized, extended, and completely rewritten his definitive reference and tutorial for programmers who want to use C++ most effectively. The C++ Programming Language, Fourth Edition, delivers meticulous, richly explained, and integrated coverage of the entire language—its facilities, abstraction mechanisms, standard libraries, and key design techniques. Throughout, Stroustrup presents concise, “pure C++11” examples, which have been carefully crafted to clarify both usage and program design. To promote deeper understanding, the author provides extensive cross-references, both within the book and to the ISO standard. New C++11 coverage includes
- Support for concurrency
- Regular expressions, resource management pointers, random numbers, and improved containers
- General and uniform initialization, simplified for-statements, move semantics, and Unicode support
- Lambdas, general constant expressions, control over class defaults, variadic templates, template aliases, and user-defined literals
- Compatibility issues
- Basic facilities: type, object, scope, storage, computation fundamentals, and more
- Modularity, as supported by namespaces, source files, and exception handling
- C++ abstraction, including classes, class hierarchies, and templates in support of a synthesis of traditional programming, object-oriented programming, and generic programming
- Standard Library: containers, algorithms, iterators, utilities, strings, stream I/O, locales, numerics, and more
- The C++ basic memory model, in depth
Published by: Addison-Wesley Professional | Publication date: 07/10/2013Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 1376 pages
This ebook is the first authorized digital version of Kernighan and Ritchie’s 1988 classic, The C Programming Language (2nd Ed.). One of the best-selling programming books published in the last fifty years, "K&R" has been called everything from the "bible" to "a landmark in computer science" and it has influenced generations of programmers. Available now for all leading ebook platforms, this concise and beautifully written text is a "must-have" reference for every serious programmer’s digital library. As modestly described by the authors in the Preface to the First Edition, this "is not an introductory programming manual; it assumes some familiarity with basic programming concepts like variables, assignment statements, loops, and functions. Nonetheless, a novice programmer should be able to read along and pick up the language, although access to a more knowledgeable colleague will help."
Published by: Prentice Hall | Publication date: 03/22/1988Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 279 pages
An Introduction to Programming by the Inventor of C++ Preparation for Programming in the Real World The book assumes that you aim eventually to write non-trivial programs, whether for work in software development or in some other technical field. Focus on Fundamental Concepts and Techniques The book explains fundamental concepts and techniques in greater depth than traditional introductions. This approach will give you a solid foundation for writing useful, correct, maintainable, and efficient code. Programming with Today’s C++ (C++11 and C++14) The book is an introduction to programming in general, including object-oriented programming and generic programming. It is also a solid introduction to the C++ programming language, one of the most widely used languages for real-world software. The book presents modern C++ programming techniques from the start, introducing the C++ standard library and C++11 and C++14 features to simplify programming tasks. For Beginners—And Anyone Who Wants to Learn Something New The book is primarily designed for people who have never programmed before, and it has been tested with many thousands of first-year university students. It has also been extensively used for self-study. Also, practitioners and advanced students have gained new insight and guidance by seeing how a master approaches the elements of his art. Provides a Broad View The first half of the book covers a wide range of essential concepts, design and programming techniques, language features, and libraries. Those will enable you to write programs involving input, output, computation, and simple graphics. The second half explores more specialized topics (such as text processing, testing, and the C programming language) and provides abundant reference material. Source code and support supplements are available from the author’s website.
Published by: Addison-Wesley Professional | Publication date: 06/02/2014Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 1312 pages
Programming: For Beginners: 3 Manuscripts in 1 Bundle - Python For Beginners, Java Programming and Html & CSS For Beginners -
In this book you will learn:- Everything you need to know about Python: from “Python Syntax “and “The Loops” to “Coding a Full Program”.You will learn:- Everything you need to know about Java: from the “Conditional Statements” to “Interfaces and Inheritance”You will learn:- Everything you need to know about Html & CSS: “The Fundamentals 1,2,3” of Html and CSS in depth
Publication date: 02/22/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 295 pages
Try making programs of your own and see where it leads you!!In this book, we are going to give you an overview of the concepts that you have to understand before you actually start programming in the C language. We will explain to you the different elements that you ought to know about before you go and delve into developing more complex programs for different operating systems. The C programming language has many benefits. However, it also has numerous little aspects that can leave you perplexed. Not being able to understand these aspects can definitely cause you problems in the future.In this book, we're going to talk about what those elements are. We are also going to talk about what C is, where it came from, and all of the fundamental concepts that you have to understand before you actually start programming. In addition, we'll also teach you how to setup and use the Code Blocks IDE, which will help you greatly when programming in the C language.In this book you'll learn:
Introduction to C Programming Language Staring Your First C Project The Old I/O The C Language Variables Character I/O Functions in C C Language Comparisons Anatomy of a Function Working with Strings C Language Constants C language Arrays C Language Structures C Language Time Functions C Language Variables C Language PointersScroll back and download your copy TODAY!!
Published by: EasyProgramming | Publication date: 11/11/2016Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 250 pages
Start Learning to Program in the C++ Language - In Just One Day! 2nd edition - NOW in paperback - with NEW added content at no additional cost!★ Read this book for FREE on Kindle unlimited - Download Now! ★No matter what work you do with computers, there's no escaping the fact that you need to improve your programming skills. Have you ever come home after a long day at work wishing you were an expert programmer?Don't crash on the couch - get motivated and start learning C++ right away!C++ Programming: Programing Language for Beginners - Learn in a Day! explains why C++ is so useful and important in the programming world. Most operating systems, compilers, apps, drivers and a lot of other software are all written in C++. If you're a beginner you should choose this programming language first!Find out how to use variables, size changers, sign changers and other prefixes in your C++ code. Learn how to input and output data and write useful programs. Also, find out about the various kinds of operators, conditionals, loops, and arrays!Here's a preview of what you can learn from this helpful book:"An array is nothing more than a list of variables, all grouped together because they share common uses. It’s more a way of keeping everything neat and tidy, as you can see from the following code:
- int a;
Publication date: 04/28/2015Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 87 pages
Would You Want To Become A Top-Notched Programmer In No Time? You Are Worried About The Technical Complexity? Look No Further… Enter The Ultimate Programming Bundle And Learn Any Programming Language In 2 Hours ! ! !Includes Nine Manuscripts…Welcome Future Coder! Are You Ready To Learn And Start Programming With Any Language In 2 Hours? Learning to write computer programs can be fun if you take up the right approach and this shall be the objective of this book. We attempt to provide you a simple, easy to follow and practically sound approach to computer programming. Most novice learners face serious issues in learning computer programming. This book has been specifically designed to cater the needs of a new learner as well as a skilled programmer, And Become a MASTER of Any programming language!However, a word of advice for new learners is that you must go through the book a couple of times to get a better understanding of the subject. This shall help you transition from a novice to expert. The first reading will help you form a foundation, which can be solidified by a second reading. With that said, it is crucial to mention that this book requires no previous knowledge of computer programming. If you have had some exposure to using computers and possess a basic know-how of the peripherals and I/O devices attached to the computer like keyboard, mouse and monitor, you are ready to get started.Here Are All The Programming Languages You Will Learn…
- C, C++, C#
- Much, much more!
Publication date: 02/15/2018Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 774 pages