Analysis, Synthesis and Design of Chemical Processes: Analy Synth Desig Chemi Pr_5 (Prentice Hall International Series in the Physical and Chemical Engineering Sciences)
The Leading Integrated Chemical Process Design Guide: With Extensive Coverage of Equipment Design and Other Key Topics More than ever, effective design is the focal point of sound chemical engineering. Analysis, Synthesis, and Design of Chemical Processes, Fifth Edition, presents design as a creative process that integrates the big-picture and small details, and knows which to stress when and why. Realistic from start to finish, it moves readers beyond classroom exercises into open-ended, real-world problem solving. The authors introduce up-to-date, integrated techniques ranging from finance to operations, and new plant design to existing process optimization. The fifth edition includes updated safety and ethics resources and economic factors indices, as well as an extensive, new section focused on process equipment design and performance, covering equipment design for common unit operations, such as fluid flow, heat transfer, separations, reactors, and more.
- Conceptualization and analysis: process diagrams, configurations, batch processing, product design, and analyzing existing processes
- Economic analysis: estimating fixed capital investment and manufacturing costs, measuring process profitability, and more
- Synthesis and optimization: process simulation, thermodynamic models, separation operations, heat integration, steady-state and dynamic process simulators, and process regulation
- Chemical equipment design and performance: a full section of expanded and revamped coverage of designing process equipment and evaluating the performance of current equipment
- Advanced steady-state simulation: goals, models, solution strategies, and sensitivity and optimization results
- Dynamic simulation: goals, development, solution methods, algorithms, and solvers
- Societal impacts: ethics, professionalism, health, safety, environmental issues, and green engineering
- Interpersonal and communication skills: working in teams, communicating effectively, and writing better reports
Published by: Prentice Hall | Publication date: 06/15/2018Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 1520 pages
For courses in first-year Composition and Rhetoric. A practical, step-by-step approach with writer’s purpose at the core With new forms of delivery and expression changing the expectations of writers and audiences, the definition of “writing” continues to evolve – and so must today’s writers. The Prentice Hall Guide for College Writers, Eleventh Edition helps students navigate this territory by asking them to consider purpose, audience, and genre every time they write. Each project chapter guides students with a series of assignments, aligned with WPA Recommended Outcomes for First-year Writing. Also available with MyWritingLab™ This title is also available with MyWritingLab – an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program designed to work with this text to engage students and improve results. Within its structured environment, students practice what they learn, test their understanding, and pursue a personalized study plan that helps them better absorb course material and understand difficult concepts. In addition to the full eText, activities directly from the text are available within MyWritingLab. These include written assignments, readings from the text, review exercises, and more. Note: You are purchasing a standalone product; MyWritingLab does not come packaged with this content. Students, if interested in purchasing this title with MyWritingLab, ask your instructor for the correct package ISBN and Course ID. Instructors, contact your Pearson representative for more information. If you would like to purchase both the physical text and MyWritingLab, search for: 0134216571 / 9780134216577 Prentice Hall Guide for College Writers, The , Plus MyWritingLab -- Access Card Package consists of:
- 0133954706 / 9780133954708 MyWritingLab with Pearson eText -- Valuepack Access Card
- 0134121953 / 9780134121956 Prentice Hall Guide for College Writers, The
Published by: Pearson | Publication date: 01/15/2016Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 608 pages
Cloud Computing: Concepts, Technology & Architecture (The Prentice Hall Service Technology Series from Thomas Erl)
Clouds are distributed technology platforms that leverage sophisticated technology innovations to provide highly scalable and resilient environments that can be remotely utilized by organizations in a multitude of powerful ways. To successfully build upon, integrate with, or even create a cloud environment requires an understanding of its common inner mechanics, architectural layers, and models, as well as an understanding of the business and economic factors that result from the adoption and real-world use of cloud-based services. In Cloud Computing: Concepts, Technology & Architecture, Thomas Erl, one of the world’s top-selling IT authors, teams up with cloud computing experts and researchers to break down proven and mature cloud computing technologies and practices into a series of well-defined concepts, models, technology mechanisms, and technology architectures, all from an industry-centric and vendor-neutral point of view. In doing so, the book establishes concrete, academic coverage with a focus on structure, clarity, and well-defined building blocks for mainstream cloud computing platforms and solutions. Subsequent to technology-centric coverage, the book proceeds to establish business-centric models and metrics that allow for the financial assessment of cloud-based IT resources and their comparison to those hosted on traditional IT enterprise premises. Also provided are templates and formulas for calculating SLA-related quality-of-service values and numerous explorations of the SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS delivery models. With more than 260 figures, 29 architectural models, and 20 mechanisms, this indispensable guide provides a comprehensive education of cloud computing essentials that will never leave your side.
Published by: Prentice Hall | Publication date: 05/02/2013Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 505 pages
This is the eBook of the printed book and may not include any media, website access codes, or print supplements that may come packaged with the bound book. For first year composition courses. Tried-and-true advice at every stage in the writing process The Prentice Hall Reference Guide, 10th Edition is a tabbed, spiral-bound handbook written to help all writers quickly find the information they need, without necessarily knowing the proper terminology. A series of “portals” guide learners to the answers to writing, research, and grammar-related questions. The compact, four-color design makes this book easy to use. The result of many years of field testing, this handbook offers guidance at every stage of the writing process from instructors who have over 30 years of combined experience, all while using language students will understand. The 10th Edition has been extensively revised to provide the most updated and easiest-to-use writing instruction. It now features more coverage of critical thinking and reading, and examples of interactions with texts, student writing, and explanatory graphics. Prentice Hall Reference Guide, 10th Edition is also available via Revel™, an interactive learning environment that enables students to read, practice, and study in one continuous experience. Learn more.
Published by: Pearson | Publication date: 04/07/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 576 pages
This is the eBook of the printed book and may not include any media, website access codes, or print supplements that may come packaged with the bound book. NOTE: Before purchasing, check with your instructor to ensure you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab &Mastering products exist for each title, and registrations are not transferable. To register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Masteringproducts, you may also need a Course ID, which your instructor will provide. Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not beincluded, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase. For first year composition courses. Prentice Hall Reference Guide , Ninth Edition, is a tabbed, spiral-bound handbook is written to help all writers, including students who may not know proper terminology, quickly find the information they need. Teaching and Learning Experience This text will provide a better teaching and learning experience—for you and your students. It provides: · A series of “portals” in Tab 1, through which students can quickly find the answers to their writing, research, and grammar-related questions: Helps students at all levels of learning locate the help they need. · Tried and true advice at every stage of the writing process from instructors who have over 30 years of combined experience working with students: The text is written to students and speaks to them using language they can understand. · A compact, four-color design with spiral binding and tabs: Makes the book easy to use. 0321993071 / 9780321993076 Prentice Hall Reference Guide with NEW MyWritingLab with eText -- Access Card Package Package consists of: 0205870147 / 9780205870141 NEW MyWritingLab with Pearson eText -- Valuepack Access Card 0321921313 / 9780321921314 Prentice Hall Reference Guide
Published by: Pearson | Publication date: 02/10/2014Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 576 pages
Introductory Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics (Prentice Hall International Series in the Physical and Chemical Engineering Sciences)
A Practical, Up-to-Date Introduction to Applied Thermodynamics, Including Coverage of Process Simulation Models and an Introduction to Biological Systems Introductory Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics, Second Edition, helps readers master the fundamentals of applied thermodynamics as practiced today: with extensive development of molecular perspectives that enables adaptation to fields including biological systems, environmental applications, and nanotechnology. This text is distinctive in making molecular perspectives accessible at the introductory level and connecting properties with practical implications. Features of the second edition include
- Hierarchical instruction with increasing levels of detail: Content requiring deeper levels of theory is clearly delineated in separate sections and chapters
- Early introduction to the overall perspective of composite systems like distillation columns, reactive processes, and biological systems
- Learning objectives, problem-solving strategies for energy balances and phase equilibria, chapter summaries, and “important equations” for every chapter
- Extensive practical examples, especially coverage of non-ideal mixtures, which include water contamination via hydrocarbons, polymer blending/recycling, oxygenated fuels, hydrogen bonding, osmotic pressure, electrolyte solutions, zwitterions and biological molecules, and other contemporary issues
- Supporting software in formats for both MATLAB® and spreadsheets
- Online supplemental sections and resources including instructor slides, ConcepTests, coursecast videos, and other useful resources
Published by: Prentice Hall | Publication date: 02/06/2012Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 912 pages
Bioprocess Engineering: Basic Concepts (Prentice Hall International Series in the Physical and Chemical Engineering Sciences)
The Leading Introduction to Biochemical and Bioprocess Engineering, Updated with Key Advances in Productivity, Innovation, and Safety Bioprocess Engineering, Third Edition, is an extensive update of the world’s leading introductory textbook on biochemical and bioprocess engineering and reflects key advances in productivity, innovation, and safety. The authors review relevant fundamentals of biochemistry, microbiology, and molecular biology, including enzymes, cell functions and growth, major metabolic pathways, alteration of cellular information, and other key topics. They then introduce evolving biological tools for manipulating cell biology more effectively and to reduce costs of bioprocesses. This edition presents major advances in the production of biologicals; highly productive techniques for making heterologous proteins; new commercial applications for both animal and plant cell cultures; key improvements in recombinant DNA microbe engineering; techniques for more consistent authentic post-translational processing of proteins; and other advanced topics. It includes new, improved, or expanded coverage of
- The role of small RNAs as regulators
- Transcription, translation, regulation, and differences between prokaryotes and eukaryotes
- Cell-free processes, metabolic engineering, and protein engineering
- Biofuels and energy, including coordinated enzyme systems, mixed-inhibition and enzyme-activation kinetics, and two-phase enzymatic reactions
- Synthetic biology
- The growing role of genomics and epigenomics Population balances and the Gompetz equation for batch growth and product formation
- Microreactors for scale-up/scale-down, including rapid scale-up of vaccine production
- The development of single-use technology in bioprocesses
- Stem cell technology and utilization
- Use of microfabrication, nanobiotechnology, and 3D printing techniques
- Advances in animal and plant cell biotechnology
Published by: Prentice Hall | Publication date: 03/29/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 656 pages
Prentice Hall's Federal Taxation 2016 Corporations, Partnerships, Estates & Trusts (Prentice Hall's Federal Taxation Individuals)
This is the eBook of the printed book and may not include any media, website access codes, or print supplements that may come packaged with the bound book. The Rupert/Pope/Anderson series is unsurpassed in blending technical aspects of the most recent federal taxation mandates with maximum readability and relevance for students. Prentice Hall's Federal Taxation 2016 Corporations, Partnerships, Estates & Trusts, Twenty-Ninth Edition has been updated to provide a better teaching and learning experience–for you and your students.
- Offer a Total Learning Solution with MyAccountingLab: MyAccountingLab not only gives students more “I Get It” moments, but gives instructors the flexibility to make technology an integral part of their course.
- Help Students Master the Material with Strong Pedagogical Aids: Accessible learning aids enable students to apply tax principles within the chapter to real-life situations.
- Keep Your Course Current: This edition is updated to include 2014 and early 2015 information.
Published by: Pearson | Publication date: 04/02/2015Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 976 pages
Elements of Chemical Reaction Engineering (Prentice Hall International Series in the Physical and Chemical Engineering Sciences)
The Definitive, Fully Updated Guide to Solving Real-World Chemical Reaction Engineering Problems For decades, H. Scott Fogler’s Elements of Chemical Reaction Engineering has been the world’s dominant text for courses in chemical reaction engineering. Now, Fogler has created a new, completely updated fifth edition of his internationally respected book. The result is a refined book that contains new examples and problems, as well as an updated companion Web site. More than ever, Fogler has successfully integrated text, visuals, and computer simulations to help both undergraduate and graduate students master all of the field’s fundamentals. As always, he links theory to practice through many relevant examples, ranging from standard isothermal and non-isothermal reactor design to applications, such as solar energy, blood clotting, and drug delivery, and computer chip manufacturing. To promote the transfer of key skills to real-life settings, Fogler presents the following three styles of problems:
Straightforward problems that reinforce the principles of chemical reaction engineering Living Example Problems (LEPs) that allow students to rapidly explore the issues and look for optimal solutions Open-ended problems that encourage students to practice creative problem-solving skills About the Web Site The companion Web site offers extensive enrichment opportunities and additional content, including
- Complete PowerPoint slides for lecture notes for chemical reaction engineering classes.
- Links to additional software, including POLYMATH™, Matlab™, Wolfram Mathematica™, AspenTech™, and COMSOL™.
- Interactive learning resources linked to each chapter, including Learning Objectives, Summary Notes, Web Modules, Interactive Computer Games, Solved Problems, FAQs, additional homework problems, and links to Learncheme.
- Living Example Problems that provide more than eighty interactive simulations, allowing students to explore the examples and ask “what-if” questions. The LEPs are unique to this book.
- Professional Reference Shelf, which includes advanced content on reactors, weighted least squares, experimental planning, laboratory reactors, pharmacokinetics, wire gauze reactors, trickle bed reactors, fluidized bed reactors, CVD boat reactors, detailed explanations of key derivations, and more.
- Problem-solving strategies and insights on creative and critical thinking.
Published by: Prentice Hall | Publication date: 12/18/2015Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 992 pages
This is the eBook of the printed book and may not include any media, website access codes, or print supplements that may come packaged with the bound book. This print textbook is available for students to rent for their classes. The Pearson print rental program provides students with affordable access to learning materials, so they come to class ready to succeed. Forming the building blocks you need for academic writing in any course. The Prentice Hall Reader helps you organize your writing around structural patterns and engage in these patterns by reading. These patterns help you organize your knowledge to see different ways in which information can be conveyed. Most commonly used in academic writing, the structural patterns will guide you through skills such as narration, description, classification, comparison, explanation, analysis, definition, and argument across all subject matter you may encounter in a classroom. These skills will extend to your academic work across subjects. The 12th Edition expands on previous editions with 43 essays. This includes 26 new essays, 11 written by students, and 27 that employ examples of the organizational strategies emphasized throughout the book, used in academic and literary texts, and visuals. Readings are chosen based on how well they demonstrate a particular pattern of organization, appeal to an audience of first-year students, and promote interesting discussion and writing activities.
Published by: Pearson | Publication date: 03/01/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 992 pages