Using the Smarter Way to Learn method, you actually learn jQuery, you don’t just read about it.Research shows that you learn four times as effectively when you practice after you read. So each chapter is paired with free, interactive exercises--more than 1,000 of them in all. You know you're learning because you can prove it to yourself.
- Testing shows that books and courses load up the learner with too much information at once. Smarter Way chapters are divided into bite-size chunks so you're not overwhelmed.
- Reader friendly. No jargon. Everything is explained in plain, non-technical English.
- Written for beginners, but experienced developers will find it valuable for brushing up their skills.
- Exercises are free and interactive, online.
- Lots of coding examples and illustrations.
- Re-do an exercise as many times as you need to until you get it right and know you got it right.
- Each group of exercises builds on previous chapters so learning is reinforced all along the way.
- Automated Exercise Manager corrects your mistakes and points you in the right direction when you stumble.
- The Smarter Way to Learn series is the most-praised collection of programming books on Amazon. These books have earned more than a thousand 5-star reviews from Amazon readers.
Publication date: 02/27/2016Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 264 pages
- Use animations and effects. Build drop-down navigation menus, pop-ups, automated slideshows, and more.
- Collect data with web forms. Create easy-to-use forms that ensure more accurate visitor responses.
- Practice with living examples. Get step-by-step tutorials for web projects you can build yourself.
Published by: O'Reilly Media | Publication date: 09/18/2014Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 686 pages
Published by: Plum Island Publishing, LLC | Publication date: 11/22/2013Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 152 pages
- Select and manipulate document elements
- Alter document structure
- Handle and trigger events
- Create visual effects and animations
- Script HTTP with Ajax utilities
- Use jQuery's selectors and selection methods, utilities, plugins and more
Published by: O'Reilly Media | Publication date: 12/09/2010Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 158 pages
New revision is now available. Fully revised and re-edited.HTML5 web applications are now capable of matching or exceeding the scale and sophistication of desktop applications, but with the unique advantage of running natively inside the web browsers on billions of desktop computers, phones, TVs and tablets.This revolution (or more correctly - evolution) has happened for a number of reasons:
- Browsers have introduced new standards-based APIs allowing web applications to (amongst other things) store data offline, retrieve data from the server dynamically, spawn background processes and interact with the filesystem.
- The jQuery library has eased the pain of interacting with Document Object Model, and therefore writing applications that dynamically respond to user interaction.
- The HTML markup language has been overhauled and extended to provide more semantic meaning, and many additional elements and attributes.
Published by: Cisdal Publishing | Publication date: 10/30/2013Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 257 pages
JQUERY: In 8 Hours, For Beginners, Learn Coding Fast! JQuery Programming Language Crash Course, A Quick Start Guide, Tutorial Book with Hands-On Projects, In Easy Steps! An Ultimate Beginner's Guide!
About This BookThis book is absolutely for beginners“JQuery in 8 Hours” covers all essential JQuery knowledge. You can learn complete primary skills of JQuery fast and easily. The book includes more than 80 practical examples for beginners and includes tests & answers for the college exam, engineer certification, and a job interview. Source Code for Download:This book provides source code for download; you can download the source code for better study, or copy the source code to your favorite editor to test the programs. Table of ContentsHour 1 JQuery BasicHour 2 JQuery FunctionHour 3 Elements SelectionHour 4 More FunctionHour 5 EventHour 6 Effects & AnimationHour 7 Utility FunctionsHour 8 Ajax by JQueryClick the Buy button now, learn coding today!
Published by: Rails Excel SharePoint AngularJS Access Lamp ActionScript VBA Photoshop Illustrator ColdFusion Teach Yourself | Publication date: 02/10/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 285 pages
Publication date: 05/19/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 121 pages
Sams Teach Yourself Microsoft Expression Web 4 in 24 Hours: Updated for Service Pack 2 - HTML5, CSS 3, JQuery
In just 24 sessions of one hour or less, you’ll learn how to build state-of-the-art websites with Microsoft Expression Web 4 (Service Pack 2), HTML5, CSS3, and jQuery! Using this book’s straightforward, step-by-step approach, you’ll master the entire web development process, from concept through delivery. You’ll learn how to plan, design, and construct sites that are easy to manage and update, work perfectly on every browser, and get noticed by every search engine! Each lesson builds on what you’ve already learned, giving you a strong real-world foundation for success, no matter what kind of site you’re building! Step-by-step instructions carefully walk you through the most common Expression Web 4 SP2 tasks. Quizzes and Exercises at the end of each chapter help you test your knowledge. By the Way, Did You Know?, and Watch Out! boxes offer advice and solutions. Learn how to...
- Make the most of the new features, updated interface, and advanced standards support in Expression Web 4 SP2
- Implement custom processes, toolbars, and workspaces for building sites faster
- Use the new SEO Checker to consistently optimize pages for search engines
- Write error-free code quickly with Code view and IntelliSense
- Rapidly format (or reformat) hundreds of pages with Dynamic Web Templates
- Use new jQuery UI widgets to create accordions, tabbed boxes, and interactive calendars
- Embed HTML5 video apps from YouTube or other sites
- Find and fix cross-browser inconsistencies with SP2’s improved SuperPreview
- Test protected functionality or live sites that require login
- Use new publishing options to go live more quickly
Published by: Sams Publishing | Publication date: 04/17/2012Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 466 pages
- Explore MySQL, from database structure to complex queries
- Use the MySQLi extension, PHP’s improved MySQL interface
- Create dynamic PHP web pages that tailor themselves to the user
- Manage cookies and sessions and maintain a high level of security
- Use Ajax calls for background browser-server communication
- Style your web pages by acquiring CSS2 and CSS3 skills
- Implement HTML5 features, including geolocation, audio, video, and the canvas element
- Reformat your websites into mobile web apps
Published by: O'Reilly Media | Publication date: 05/09/2018Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 832 pages
- Step-by-step instructions carefully walk you through the most common web development tasks
- Practical, hands-on examples show you how to apply what you learn
- Quizzes and exercises help you test your knowledge and stretch your skills
- Build your own web page and get it online in an instant
- Format text for maximum clarity and readability
- Create links to other pages and to other sites
- Add graphics, color, and visual pizzazz to your web pages
- Work with transparent images and background graphics
- Design your site’s layout and typography using CSS
- Get user input with web-based forms
- Add AJAX effects to your web pages
- Make your site easy to maintain and update as it grows
Published by: Sams Publishing | Publication date: 09/29/2014Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 704 pages