New revision is now available. Fully revised and re-edited.HTML5 web applications are now capable of matching or exceeding the scale and sophistication of desktop applications, but with the unique advantage of running natively inside the web browsers on billions of desktop computers, phones, TVs and tablets.This revolution (or more correctly - evolution) has happened for a number of reasons:
- Browsers have introduced new standards-based APIs allowing web applications to (amongst other things) store data offline, retrieve data from the server dynamically, spawn background processes and interact with the filesystem.
- The jQuery library has eased the pain of interacting with Document Object Model, and therefore writing applications that dynamically respond to user interaction.
- The HTML markup language has been overhauled and extended to provide more semantic meaning, and many additional elements and attributes.
Published by: Cisdal Publishing | Publication date: 10/30/2013Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 257 pages
Using the Smarter Way to Learn method, you actually learn jQuery, you don’t just read about it.Research shows that you learn four times as effectively when you practice after you read. So each chapter is paired with free, interactive exercises--more than 1,000 of them in all. You know you're learning because you can prove it to yourself.
- Testing shows that books and courses load up the learner with too much information at once. Smarter Way chapters are divided into bite-size chunks so you're not overwhelmed.
- Reader friendly. No jargon. Everything is explained in plain, non-technical English.
- Written for beginners, but experienced developers will find it valuable for brushing up their skills.
- Exercises are free and interactive, online.
- Lots of coding examples and illustrations.
- Re-do an exercise as many times as you need to until you get it right and know you got it right.
- Each group of exercises builds on previous chapters so learning is reinforced all along the way.
- Automated Exercise Manager corrects your mistakes and points you in the right direction when you stumble.
- The Smarter Way to Learn series is the most-praised collection of programming books on Amazon. These books have earned more than a thousand 5-star reviews from Amazon readers.
Publication date: 02/27/2016Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 262 pages
Deep Learning With Python: A Fundamentals Guide To Understanding Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence With Scikit-Learn, TensorFlow, and Keras
Curious to discover the revolutionary technology that is shaping our future and changing the world? Deep learning is a part of the field of computer science and a subset of machine learning that involves computer systems being able to "learn" unsupervised with data that is unlabeled or unstructured. In 2017, AlphaGo, which is AI developed by Google DeepMind and started off by only knowing the rules of the game, was eventually able to train itself and beat Ke Jie, the world No.1 ranked player at the time. Although this may not seem that impressive at first, it is important to understand that Go is a very complex game that many programmers were not able to trump with AI in the past. Although Go is an interesting example, the possibilities of using machine learning are limitless. From retail to medicine to finance, machine learning has the ability to change each industry it comes into contact with. In fact, this revolution has already begun and will only continue to get bigger. According to statista.com, the artificial intelligence industry is set to grow exponentially in the next few years from $7 Billion in 2018 to $90 Billion in 2025! This isn't something you can afford to miss. Without a doubt it is the future. However, it is as complex as it is revolutionary. If you do not have a background or any experience in the field, it is easy to get bogged down by all the complicated concepts and term. And if you are at a more advanced level, the information you find won't be thorough enough. In this book, you will find the perfect balance between the information being very thorough and being able to understand it. Although tailored for beginners, it won't contain simple and easily accessible information. You will dive deep into the field but will be carefully led through it in a way that will make everything easy to understand even if you do not have a technical background in computer programming. In this Guide, you will discover...
- What Machine Learning and Deep Learning Is And How You Can Use It To Change The World
- How The Field Can Be Broken Down And Learned In A Manageable Way
- Various Applications and Potential of Deep Learning That You Can Utilize - That You May Never Have Even Imagined
- Supervised And Unsupervised Learning - And Breaking It Down Step By Step
- How You Can Create And Train Deep Learning Models
- Where and How To Install the Best Programs So You Can Get Started Today
- Sample Codes And Datasets To Practice Along With
- And much more!
Publication date: 10/31/2018Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 262 pages
- Use animations and effects. Build drop-down navigation menus, pop-ups, automated slideshows, and more.
- Collect data with web forms. Create easy-to-use forms that ensure more accurate visitor responses.
- Practice with living examples. Get step-by-step tutorials for web projects you can build yourself.
Published by: O'Reilly Media | Publication date: 09/18/2014Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 686 pages
Published by: In Easy Steps | Publication date: 03/20/2014Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 686 pages
Published by: Packt Publishing | Publication date: 06/25/2013Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 446 pages, ISBN 9781782163152
- Explore MySQL, from database structure to complex queries
- Use the MySQLi extension, PHP’s improved MySQL interface
- Create dynamic PHP web pages that tailor themselves to the user
- Manage cookies and sessions and maintain a high level of security
- Use Ajax calls for background browser-server communication
- Style your web pages by acquiring CSS2 and CSS3 skills
- Implement HTML5 features, including geolocation, audio, video, and the canvas element
- Reformat your websites into mobile web apps
Published by: O'Reilly Media | Publication date: 05/09/2018Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 832 pages
- Step-by-step instructions carefully walk you through the most common web development tasks
- Practical, hands-on examples show you how to apply what you learn
- Quizzes and exercises help you test your knowledge and stretch your skills
- Build your own web page and get it online in an instant
- Format text for maximum clarity and readability
- Create links to other pages and to other sites
- Add graphics, color, and visual pizzazz to your web pages
- Work with transparent images and background graphics
- Design your site’s layout and typography using CSS
- Get user input with web-based forms
- Add AJAX effects to your web pages
- Make your site easy to maintain and update as it grows
Published by: Sams Publishing | Publication date: 09/29/2014Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 704 pages
- Select and manipulate document elements
- Alter document structure
- Handle and trigger events
- Create visual effects and animations
- Script HTTP with Ajax utilities
- Use jQuery's selectors and selection methods, utilities, plugins and more
Published by: O'Reilly Media | Publication date: 12/09/2010Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 158 pages
Published by: Plum Island Publishing, LLC | Publication date: 11/22/2013Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 152 pages