My purpose in this book isn't to go through James and rip it apart and tear out pages from it, saying, "This isn't for us, and that isn't for us," and so on, for there are definitely several principles in this wondrous little epistle that may properly be applied to us. Rather, as I did in my book on Hebrews, my purpose in this short book is to approach James with an emphasis on the hermeneutic of "audience relevance," then to permit you, my readers, to employ your own faculties of logic provided by God as your Creator, to make appropriate applications to yourself and your contemporaries. I have faith that most of my readers—once you consider New Testament epistles like Hebrews and James from this perspective—are capable of executing this task. So ... enjoy yourself as you begin your journey into James by placing yourself into the sandals of your first-generation brethren.
Publication date: 08/19/2018Kindle book details: Kindle Edition
OpenStack Cloud Computing Cookbook: Over 100 practical recipes to help you build and operate OpenStack cloud computing, storage, networking, and automation, 4th Edition
The Fourth Edition of the industry-acclaimed OpenStack Cloud Computing Cookbook, from four recognized experts, updated to the latest OpenStack build including Cinder, Nova, and Neutron.Key Features
Installing OpenStack with Ansible The OpenStack Client Keystone – OpenStack Identity Service Neutron – OpenStack Networking Nova – OpenStack Compute Glance – OpenStack Image Service Cinder – OpenStack Block Storage Swift – OpenStack Object Storage OpenStack Orchestration Using Heat and Ansible Using OpenStack Dashboard
- Over 100 recipes created by a team of OpenStack experts
- Updated to work with the latest OpenStack builds, with recipes covering the installation and use of OpenStack with Ansible
- It covers topics such as Keystone, Glance, Neutron, Nova, Cinder, and more, plus recipes for OpenStack storage, networking, and orchestrating workloads
- Test drive OpenStack using the accompanying Vagrant environment
- Understand, install, configure, and manage a complete OpenStack Cloud platform using OpenStack-Ansible
- Configure networks, routers, load balancers, and more with Neutron
- Use Keystone to setup domains, roles, groups and user access
- Learn how to use Swift and setup container access control lists
- Gain hands-on experience and familiarity with Horizon, the OpenStack Dashboard user interface
- Automate complete solutions with our recipes on Heat, the OpenStack Orchestration service as well as using Ansible to orchestrate application workloads
- Follow practical advice and examples to run OpenStack in production
Published by: Packt Publishing | Publication date: 01/29/2018Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 398 pages
Harry James Denton is no fool, but his search for a rich runaway, drug-addled teen, Stacey Jameson, takes him to the seamy and very wild side of Nashville. "Nobody's chain lays straight," a friend tells Harry. But Stacey's chain is especially twisted, with links that lead back to a family filled with secrets. Harry's been to the rodeo a few times before, but even he's not ready for what awaits him in the hard-core depths of a brutal Nashville night.
Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 368 pages
The bestselling toast of Tennessee, author Robert Jefferson Reed has made big bucks with his little book of folksy homilies like "Never Go To Bed Angry" and "Eat Your Vegetables." He should have added "Don't Commit Murder." For when Reed's wife hires P.I. Harry James Denton to catch her hubby in a tryst with a sexy secretary, Harry find the author of "Life's Little Maintenance Manual" strangled and drowned in his own hot tub... And before Harry even realizes it, he's #1 with a bullet on the list of suspects.
Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 441 pages
Architect and build a network infrastructure for your cloud using OpenStack Neutron networkingAbout This Book
- Build a virtual switching infrastructure for virtual machines using the Open vSwitch or Linux Bridge plugins
- Create networks and software routers that connect virtual machines to the Internet using built-in Linux networking features
- Scale your application using Neutron’s load-balancing-as-a-service feature using the haproxy plugin
- Architect and install the latest Havana release of OpenStack on CentOS
- Review the components of OpenStack networking and see how they work together to coordinate network operations
- Build a virtual switching infrastructure using Open vSwitch or LinuxBridge to provide Layer 2 connectivity to instances and other network resources
- Create physical and virtual overlay networks and software routers to provide layer 3 connectivity to instances and other network resources
- Scale your application using OpenStack Networking's LBaaS solution with the haproxy plugin
- Secure your cloud using security groups and OpenStack Networking's FWaaS solution based on iptables
- Navigate various OpenStack Networking features using the Horizon dashboard or the command-line interface
Published by: Packt Publishing | Publication date: 10/10/2014Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 300 pages
With his girlfriend held hostage by a group of cult religious fanatics in armed Winnebagos and his cash flow down to a slow drip, Nashville P.I. Harry James Denton is looking for any case he can find. When rising country music singer Rebecca Gibson is found beaten to death, a heap of damning evidence points to her ex-husband—and Harry's pal—Slim Gibson. Harry digs into the case and discovers the dark history of a marriage made somewhere south of Heaven, somewhere deep in the cutthroat heart of the country music business, where deceit, betrayal, passion and vengeance are not only sung about... they're lived and died.The third installment of award-winning author Steven Womack’s Nashville P.I. series, Way Past Dead was nominated for the PWA Shamus Award.
Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 350 pages
Nashville P.I. Harry James Denton is looking for another case--and he gets one when the magnificent mansion across the street from his apartment is consumed in a suspicious fire. The blaze has all the scorch marks of the East Nashville Arsonist, a phantom firebug whose burning desire seems to be driving gentrifiers out of Harry's funky, rundown neighborhood. This time, though, the modus operandi includes murder.Short-listed for the Shamus Award, Torch Town Boogie is the second in author Steven Womack’s award-winning Nashville P.I. series.
Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 286 pages
Thirty-something, divorced, and working part-time as a car repossessor to stay out of the poorhouse, ex-newspaperman turned private detective Harry James Denton needs any client he can get. It's just his luck that the first person to waltz into his Nashville office is Rachel Fletcher, the woman who stole—then broke—his heart in college. Now the man she married is in big trouble, and Rachel wants Harry to forget about yesterday and make sure her husband lives to see tomorrow.This first installment in author Steven Womack’s Nashville P.I. series won the Edgar Allan Poe Award as Best Original Paperback. Each installment afterward won or was nominated for a major mystery award, with the fifth book—Murder Manual—winning the Shamus Award.
Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 274 pages
How did Nashville P.I. Harry James Denton wind up working as a maintenance man in the world's most famous whorehouse? Because the Feds made him a deal: help smoke out a money-laundering operation secretly being run in Reno's notorious, legendary, legal cathouse, the Mustang Ranch.After failing to reconcile with his ex-, who's about to give birth to their daughter, doing some simple snooping in a house full of gorgeous girls sounds like a good deal. But it turns out to be a raw deal when one of the Mustang girls turns up murdered and Harry is the prime suspect. The only way to save his neck is to risk it--and that means making a Nevada-sized gamble that he can corner a killer who holds all the aces...
Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 322 pages
OpenStack Networking Components – an Overview Installing OpenStack Using RDO Neutron API Basics Interfacing with Neutron Switching Routing Building Networks and Routers Security Group Fundamentals Configuring VirtualBox
- Deploy an all-in-one cloud based on OpenStack Liberty (2015.2) using RDO
- Learn the fundamentals of the Neutron API including networks, subnets, and ports, and how to manage these resources in the cloud
- Build simple virtual network infrastructures in the cloud
- Install the latest Liberty (2015.2) release of OpenStack using RDO in VirtualBox
- Discover the basics of the Neutron API, including networks, subnets, and ports
- Interact with Neutron using the CLI and Horizon dashboard
- Create networks and subnets that provide connectivity to instances
- Implement software routers that connect networks and provide network address translation
- Secure instances using Neutron's security group functionality
Published by: Packt Publishing | Publication date: 04/19/2016Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 174 pages