HTML5 for Masterminds, Revised 3rd Edition: How to take advantage of HTML5 to create responsive websites and revolutionary applications
- Form API
- Canvas API
- WebGL API and Three.js
- Web Audio API
- IndexedDB API
- Web Storage API
- File API
- Web Socket API
- WebRTC API
- Stream API
- FullScreen API
- Ajax Level 2
- Web Workers API
- Drag and Drop API
- History API
- Web Messaging API
- Pointer Lock API
- Geolocation API
- Page Visibility API
- TextTrack API
Published by: MinkBooks | Publication date: 07/14/2014Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 625 pages
Using the Smarter Way to Learn method, you actually learn HTML/CSS, you don’t just read about it.Research shows that you learn four times as effectively when you practice after you read. So each chapter is paired with free, interactive exercises--more than 1,000 of them in all. You know you're learning because you can prove it to yourself.
- Testing shows that books and courses load up the learner with too much information at once. Smarter Way chapters are divided into bite-size chunks so you're not overwhelmed.
- Reader friendly. No jargon. Everything is explained in plain, non-technical English.
- Written for beginners, but experienced developers will find it valuable for brushing up their skills.
- Exercises are free and interactive, online.
- Lots of coding examples and illustrations.
- Re-do an exercise as many times as you need to until you get it right and know you got it right.
- Each group of exercises builds on previous chapters so learning is reinforced all along the way.
- Automated Exercise Manager corrects your mistakes and points you in the right direction when you stumble.
- The Smarter Way to Learn series is the most-praised collection of programming books on Amazon. These books have earned more than a thousand 5-star reviews from Amazon readers.
Published by: Unknown | Publication date: 03/11/2015Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 259 pages
- Examines new web development advancements including new technologies and changes to the standards
- Features a website that contains supporting materials including code and several valuable programs that are useful for web development
Published by: For Dummies | Publication date: 01/08/2014Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 987 pages
New revision is now available. Fully revised and re-edited.HTML5 web applications are now capable of matching or exceeding the scale and sophistication of desktop applications, but with the unique advantage of running natively inside the web browsers on billions of desktop computers, phones, TVs and tablets.This revolution (or more correctly - evolution) has happened for a number of reasons:
- Browsers have introduced new standards-based APIs allowing web applications to (amongst other things) store data offline, retrieve data from the server dynamically, spawn background processes and interact with the filesystem.
- The jQuery library has eased the pain of interacting with Document Object Model, and therefore writing applications that dynamically respond to user interaction.
- The HTML markup language has been overhauled and extended to provide more semantic meaning, and many additional elements and attributes.
Published by: Cisdal Publishing | Publication date: 10/30/2013Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 257 pages
HTML5 is the lαtest αnd most enhαnced version of HTML.Technicαlly, HTML is not α progrαmming lαnguαge, but rαther α mαrk up lαnguαge.This tutoriαl hαs been designed for beginners in HTML5 providing the bαsic to αdvαnced concepts of the subject.Before stαrting this tutoriαl you should be αwαre of the bαsic understαnding of HTML αnd its tαgs
Publication date: 10/02/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 204 pages
Responsive Web Design with HTML5 and CSS3 - Second Edition: Build responsive and future-proof websites to meet the demands of modern web users
Learn the HTML5 and CSS3 you need to help you design responsive and future-proof websites that meet the demands of modern web usersAbout This Book
The Essentials of Responsive Web Design Media Queries - Supporting Differing Viewports Fluid Layouts and Responsive Images HTML5 for Responsive Web Designs CSS3 - Selectors, Typography, Color Modes, and New Features Stunning Aesthetics with CSS3 Using SVGs for Resolution Independence Transitions, Transformations, and Animations Conquer Forms with HTML5 and CSS3 Approaching a Responsive Web Design
- Learn and explore how to harness the latest features of HTML5 in the context of responsive web design
- Learn to wield the new Flexbox layout mechanism, code responsive images, and understand how to implement SVGs in a responsive project
- Make your pages interactive by using CSS animations, transformations, and transitions
- Understand what responsive design is, and why it's vital for modern web development
- HTML5 markup is cleaner, faster, and more semantically rich than anything that has come before - learn how to use it and its latest features
- Integrate CSS3 media queries into your designs to use different styles for different media. You'll also learn about future media queries which are evolving in CSS4.
- Responsive images allow different images to be presented in different scenarios. We'll cover how to load different sets of images depending upon screen size or resolution and how to display different images in different contexts.
- Conquer forms! Add validation and useful interface elements like date pickers and range sliders with HTML5 markup alone.
- Implement SVGs into your responsive designs to provide resolution independent images, and learn how to adapt and animate them
- Learn how to use the latest features of CSS including custom fonts, nth-child selectors (and some CSS4 selectors), CSS custom properties (variables), and CSS calc
Published by: Packt Publishing | Publication date: 08/24/2015Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 314 pages
HTML5 is more than a markup language—it’s a collection of several independent web standards. Fortunately, this expanded guide covers everything you need in one convenient place. With step-by-step tutorials and real-world examples, HTML5: The Missing Manual shows you how to build web apps that include video tools, dynamic graphics, geolocation, offline features, and responsive layouts for mobile devices.The important stuff you need to know:
- Structure web pages more effectively. Learn how HTML5 helps web design tools and search engines work smarter.
- Add audio and video without plugins. Build playback pages that work in every browser.
- Create stunning visuals with Canvas. Draw shapes, pictures, and text; play animations; and run interactive games.
- Jazz up your pages with CSS3. Add fancy fonts and eye-catching effects with transitions and animation.
- Design better web forms. Collect information from visitors more efficiently with HTML5 form elements.
- Build it once, run it everywhere. Use responsive design to make your site look good on desktops, tablets, and smartphones.
- Include rich desktop features. Build self-sufficient web apps that work offline and store the data users need.
Published by: O'Reilly Media | Publication date: 12/17/2013Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 518 pages
Practical Web Design: Learn the fundamentals of web design with HTML5, CSS3, Bootstrap, jQuery, and Vue.js
A step by step guide for beginners to create interactive and dynamic websites from scratch.Key Features
Evolution of Web Design Web Design and its Components Website Designing Workflow Responsive Versus Adaptive Design Learning HTML5 Learning CSS3 Project on Building Our Own Website Making Our Website Responsive Adding Interaction and Dynamic Contents Optimizing and Launching Our Website What Is Bootstrap? Building a Website with Bootstrap Introduction to Client-Side Rendering Tools to Help Your Workflow
- A fun-filled book with incrementing projects that would help you learn and adapt the fundamentals of web development
- Bring your web design to life with the help of HTML, CSS, JQuery, and learn to kick-start your future projects with Bootstrap
- Explore popular web development techniques such as responsive, adaptive, and material design and initiate yourself with Vue.js
- Understand the importance of web design and the basic design components
- Learn HTML5 and CSS3
- Difference between adaptive and responsive web design
- Learn how to create your first website
- Implement Bootstrap Framework in your project
- Get familiar with server-side rendering
Published by: Packt Publishing | Publication date: 04/30/2018Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 368 pages
The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Learning HTML. Learning HTML Has Never Been Easier!Are you trying to expand your coding and web design horizons?This Guide Presents HTML Broken Down into Easy-to-Follow Steps with Extensive Examples & Real Application!Learning web design applications has never been easier or more relevant. When it comes to learning web design languages, it can be tough to even know where to start. Many guides and walkthroughs are simply too dense and loaded with programming jargon.ClydeBank Media's HTML QuickStart Guide takes readers and learners through the HTML learning process in a step-by-step progressive path. Our simplified presentation means that foundational concepts are built upon to speed up the HTML mastery process.This guide starts with the fundamentals and takes readers all the way to building their very own full-fledged HTML5-compliant web page.In today's business environment, coding and web design languages are critical skills. Additionally, they are a great way to boost your resume and set yourself apart from other job applicants.Whether you are making a career change to the tech sector or just looking to brush up on crucial web design concepts, ClydeBank Media's HTML QuickStart Guide is an affordable and valuable HTML resource.No one wants to read a wall of text or just talk about HTML concepts. In addition to a simplified presentation, this learning guide uses extensive screenshots and practical examples to illustrate key HTML functions and accelerate the mastery process.Practical examples and numerous screenshots make it feel like you have your own personal HTML tutor looking over your shoulder.Though there are numerous programming languages for the web, HTML forms the backbone of web design and is a powerful tool in any web designer's toolbox. In fact, HTML markup is hard at work right now formatting this text you're reading!This approach to learning HTML is so easy that no prior web design or coding experience is needed. No special software or applications are required - just a desire to learn and to build HTML5-compliant websites.**New** Your purchase comes with free lifetime access to our collection of relevant digital assets. These guides, summaries, checklists, and cheat sheets enhance your learning journey and supplement this QuickStart Guide.You'll Learn...
- Foundational HTML Terminology
- Basic Page Structure - Head & Body Markup
- Page Content Creation - Paragraphs, Lists, Tables and Images
- Content Structure - Headers, Footers, Semantic Images
- The Importance of HTML5 Compatibility
- The Top Mistakes to AVOID That Those New to HTML Make!
Published by: ClydeBank Media LLC | Publication date: 04/08/2015Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 86 pages
Now readers can master Web page design as they learn from the unique, hands-on approach found in NEW PERSPECTIVES HTML5 AND CSS3: COMPREHENSIVE, 7E. Each tutorial in this complete book challenges learners to put into practice the concepts they have just learned. Every tutorial includes a basic statement of the problem, the goals to be achieved, and a helpful demonstration of how to complete the task to create a fully functional website. Readers do not need any prior experience with HTML or CSS or any specialized software other than a basic editor and Web browser. With the book’s user-friendly approach, learners develop important problem-solving skills as they apply what they’ve learned in a professional environment. Successfully completing this book’s tutorial cases and case problems can act a springboard to develop the reader’s own professional portfolio that showcases strong abilities in website design.Important Notice: Media content referenced within the product description or the product text may not be available in the ebook version.
Published by: Cengage Learning | Publication date: 01/01/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 872 pages