The ultimate guide to assessing and exploiting the customer value and revenue potential of the Cloud A new business model is sweeping the world—the Cloud. And, as with any new technology, there is a great deal of fear, uncertainty, and doubt surrounding cloud computing. Cloudonomics radically upends the conventional wisdom, clearly explains the underlying principles and illustrates through understandable examples how Cloud computing can create compelling value—whether you are a customer, a provider, a strategist, or an investor. Cloudonomics covers everything you need to consider for the delivery of business solutions, opportunities, and customer satisfaction through the Cloud, so you can understand it—and put it to work for your business. Cloudonomics also delivers insight into when to avoid the cloud, and why.
- Quantifies how customers, users, and cloud providers can collaborate to create win-wins
- Reveals how to use the Laws of Cloudonomics to define strategy and guide implementation
- Explains the probable evolution of cloud businesses and ecosystems
- Demolishes the conventional wisdom on cloud usage, IT spend, community clouds, and the enterprise-provider cloud balance
Published by: Wiley | Publication date: 07/05/2012Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 417 pages
The Agile Architecture Revolution: How Cloud Computing, REST-Based SOA, and Mobile Computing Are Changing Enterprise IT (Wiley CIO)
A sneak peek at up-and-coming trends in IT, a multidimensional vision for achieving business agility through agile architectures The Agile Architecture Revolution places IT trends into the context of Enterprise Architecture, reinventing Enterprise Architecture to support continuous business transformation. It focuses on the challenges of large organizations, while placing such organizations into the broader business ecosystem that includes small and midsize organizations as well as startups.
- Organizes the important trends that are facing technology in businesses and public sector organizations today and over the next several years
- Presents the five broad organizing principles called Supertrends: location independence, global cubicle, democratization of technology, deep interoperability, and complex systems engineering
- Provides a new perspective on service-oriented architecture in conjunction with architectural approaches to cloud computing and mobile technologies that explain how organizations can achieve better business visibility through IT and enterprise architecture
Published by: Wiley | Publication date: 01/23/2013Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 305 pages
Creative professionals seeking the fastest, easiest, most comprehensive way to learn Adobe Photoshop choose Adobe Photoshop CC Classroom in a Book (2018 release) from Adobe Press. The 15 project-based lessons show key step-by-step techniques for working in Photoshop, including how to correct, enhance, and distort digital images, create image composites, and prepare images for print and the web. In addition to learning the essential elements of the Photoshop interface, this revised edition for the 2018 release covers features like search capabilities, Content-Aware Crop, Select and Mask, Face-Aware Liquify, designing with multiple artboards, creating and organizing enhanced brush presets, and much more! The online companion files include all the necessary assets for readers to complete the projects featured in each chapter as well as ebook updates when Adobe releases relevant new features for Creative Cloud customers. All buyers of the book get full access to the Web Edition: a Web-based version of the complete ebook enhanced with video and multiple-choice quizzes.
Published by: Adobe Press | Publication date: 12/22/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 400 pages
The complete reference guide to the hot technology of cloud computingIts potential for lowering IT costs makes cloud computing a major force for both IT vendors and users; it is expected to gain momentum rapidly with the launch of Office Web Apps later this year. Because cloud computing involves various technologies, protocols, platforms, and infrastructure elements, this comprehensive reference is just what you need if you'll be using or implementing cloud computing.
- Cloud computing offers significant cost savings by eliminating upfront expenses for hardware and software; its growing popularity is expected to skyrocket when Microsoft introduces Office Web Apps
- This comprehensive guide helps define what cloud computing is and thoroughly explores the technologies, protocols, platforms and infrastructure that make it so desirable
- Covers mobile cloud computing, a significant area due to ever-increasing cell phone and smartphone use
- Focuses on the platforms and technologies essential to cloud computing
Published by: Wiley | Publication date: 12/21/2010Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 532 pages
Private cloud computing enables you to consolidate diverse enterprise systems into one that is cloud-based and can be accessed by end-users seamlessly, regardless of their location or changes in overall demand. Expert authors Steve Smoot and Nam K. Tan distill their years of networking experience to describe how to build enterprise networks to create a private cloud. With their techniques you'll create cost-saving designs and increase the flexibility of your enterprise, while maintaining the security and control of an internal network. Private Cloud Computing offers a complete cloud architecture for enterprise networking by synthesizing WAN optimization, next-generation data centers, and virtualization in a network-friendly way, tying them together into a complete solution that can be progressively migrated to as time and resources permit.
- Describes next-generation data center architectures such as the virtual access-layer, the unified data center fabric and the "rack-and-roll" deployment model
- Provides an overview of cloud security and cloud management from the server virtualization perspective
- Presents real-world case studies, configuration and examples that allow you to easily apply practical know-how to your existing enterprise environment
- Offers effective private cloud computing solutions to simplify the costly and problematic challenge of enterprise networking and branch server consolidation
Published by: Morgan Kaufmann | Publication date: 11/26/2011Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 420 pages
Αmαzon Web Services (ΑWS) is Αmαzon’s cloud web hosting plαtform thαt offers flexible, reliαble, scαlαble, eαsy-to-use, αnd cost-effective solutions. This tutoriαl covers vαrious importαnt topics illustrαting how ΑWS works αnd how it is beneficiαl to run your website on Αmαzon Web Services.This Book was prepαred for beginners who wαnt to leαrn how Αmαzon Web Services works to provide reliαble, flexible, αnd cost-effective cloud computing services.
Published by: Unknown | Publication date: 08/29/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 187 pages
The only official study guide for the new CCSP exam CCSP (ISC)2 Certified Cloud Security Professional Official Study Guide is your ultimate resource for the CCSP exam. As the only official study guide reviewed and endorsed by (ISC)2, this guide helps you prepare faster and smarter with the Sybex study tools that include pre-test assessments that show you what you know, and areas you need further review. Objective maps, exercises, and chapter review questions help you gauge your progress along the way, and the Sybex interactive online learning environment includes access to a PDF glossary, hundreds of flashcards, and two complete practice exams. Covering all CCSP domains, this book walks you through Architectural Concepts and Design Requirements, Cloud Data Security, Cloud Platform and Infrastructure Security, Cloud Application Security, Operations, and Legal and Compliance with real-world scenarios to help you apply your skills along the way. The CCSP is the latest credential from (ISC)2 and the Cloud Security Alliance, designed to show employers that you have what it takes to keep their organization safe in the cloud. Learn the skills you need to be confident on exam day and beyond.
- Review 100% of all CCSP exam objectives
- Practice applying essential concepts and skills
- Access the industry-leading online study tool set
- Test your knowledge with bonus practice exams and more
Published by: Sybex | Publication date: 04/27/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 346 pages
By the end of the decade most organizations will have shifted their business model from maintaining on site processing power and software and will have transferred from local operation of servers and software to some version of cloud computing. As these services have become standard operating procedure, cloud computing security has become a critical issue for both the private and public sectors. This book examines the types of cloud computing services and helps non-technical leaders understand the cost and risks associated with each.
Publication date: 07/05/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 103 pages
Collaboration with Cloud Computing discusses the risks associated with implementing these technologies across the enterprise and provides you with expert guidance on how to manage risk through policy changes and technical solutions. Drawing upon years of practical experience and using numerous examples and case studies, author Ric Messier discusses:
- The evolving nature of information security
- The risks, rewards, and security considerations when implementing SaaS, cloud computing and VoIP
- Social media and security risks in the enterprise
- The risks and rewards of allowing remote connectivity and accessibility to the enterprise network
- Discusses the risks associated with technologies such as social media, voice over IP (VoIP) and cloud computing and provides guidance on how to manage that risk through policy changes and technical solutions
- Presents a detailed look at the risks and rewards associated with cloud computing and storage as well as software as a service (SaaS) and includes pertinent case studies
- Explores the risks associated with the use of social media to the enterprise network
- Covers the bring-your-own-device (BYOD) trend, including policy considerations and technical requirements
Published by: Syngress | Publication date: 04/07/2014Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 244 pages
The Basics of Cloud Computing: Understanding the Fundamentals of Cloud Computing in Theory and Practice
As part of the Syngress Basics series, The Basics of Cloud Computing provides readers with an overview of the cloud and how to implement cloud computing in their organizations. Cloud computing continues to grow in popularity, and while many people hear the term and use it in conversation, many are confused by it or unaware of what it really means. This book helps readers understand what the cloud is and how to work with it, even if it isn’t a part of their day-to-day responsibility. Authors Derrick Rountree and Ileana Castrillo explains the concepts of cloud computing in practical terms, helping readers understand how to leverage cloud services and provide value to their businesses through moving information to the cloud. The book will be presented as an introduction to the cloud, and reference will be made in the introduction to other Syngress cloud titles for readers who want to delve more deeply into the topic. This book gives readers a conceptual understanding and a framework for moving forward with cloud computing, as opposed to competing and related titles, which seek to be comprehensive guides to the cloud.
- Provides a sound understanding of the cloud and how it works
- Describes both cloud deployment models and cloud services models, so you can make the best decisions for deployment
- Presents tips for selecting the best cloud services providers
Published by: Syngress | Publication date: 09/03/2013Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 176 pages