The Tech Contracts Handbook: Cloud Computing Agreements, Software Licenses, and Other IT Contracts for Lawyers and Businesspeople
The Tech Contracts Handbook is a userfriendly reference manual and training guide on software licenses and other IT agreements, along with cloud computing issues. This handbook is for both lawyers and businesspeople, including contract managers, procurement officers, corporate counsel, salespeople, and anyone else responsible for getting IT deals done. Perhaps, most important, the book uses clear, simple English, just like a good contract. The book describes each clause typically found in a technology agreement, outlines the issues at stake, and offers negotiation tips and sample contract language. The book addresses four principle types of IT contracts:• Software license agreements and software ownership agreements• IP professional services agreements• Cloud services agreements• Combination agreementsTopics include warranties, indemnities, open source software, nondisclosure agreements, limitations of liability, software escrow, data security, copyright licensing, both private and government contracts, and much more.
Published by: American Bar Association | Publication date: 01/07/2016Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 275 pages
Cloud is the next wave in technology evolution. Instead of purchasing expensive hardware and software and struggling with installation and maintenance, businesses big and small can leverage cloud for all their computing needs. This book provides a quick introduction to cloud and helps with a framework that you can use to make the cloud transition smooth and painless.
Publication date: 06/24/2015Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 28 pages
Introduction: Cloud Computing Interview QuestionsCloud Computing is the latest trend in Software Architecture. This books covers the important questions on Cloud Computing architecture that may be asked in technical interview for Software professionals. Cloud Computing is a very important topic in technical interview. Many fortune 500 organizations use Cloud Computing. This book contains basic to expert level Cloud Computing interview questions that an interviewer asks. Each question is accompanied with an answer so that you can prepare for job interview in short time. Often, these questions and concepts are used in our daily programming work. But these are most helpful when an Interviewer is trying to test your deep knowledge of Cloud Computing concepts.How will this book help me?By reading this book, you do not have to spend time searching the Internet for Cloud Computing interview questions. We have already compiled the list of the most popular and the latest Cloud Computing Interview questions. Are there answers in this book?Yes, in this book each question is followed by an answer. So you can save time in interview preparation.What is the best way of reading this book?You have to first do a slow reading of all the questions in this book. Once you go through them in the first pass, mark the questions that you could not answer by yourself. Then, in second pass go through only the difficult questions. After going through this book 2-3 times, you will be well prepared to face a technical interview for Software Engineer position in Cloud Computing.What is the level of questions in this book?This book contains questions that are good for a Associate Software engineer to a Principal Software engineer. The difficulty level of question varies in the book from a Fresher to an Experienced professional.What are the sample questions in this book?
- What is On-demand computing in Cloud Computing?
- What are the different deployment models in Cloud computing?
- What resources are provided by Infrastructure as a Service (IAAS) provider?
- What is the benefit of Platform as a Service?
- What are the main advantages of PaaS?
- What is Auto-scaling in Cloud computing?
- How will you optimize the Cloud Computing environment?
- Do you think Regulations and Legal Compliance is an important aspect of Cloud Computing?
- What are the different types of Datacenters in Cloud computing?
- What are the different deployment models in Cloud computing?
- Explain the various modes of Software as a Service (SaaS) cloud environment?
- What are the important things to care about in Security in a cloud environment?
- What are the different areas of Security Management in cloud?
- How a traditional datacenter is different from a cloud environment?
- What are the main cost factors of cloud based data center?
- How can we measure the cloud-based services?
- How will you optimize availability of your application in a Cloud environment?
- What are the main components of a VPN?
- What are the large-scale databases available in Cloud?
- What are the options for open source NoSQL database in a Cloud environment?
- What are the important points to consider before selecting cloud computing?
- What is a System integrator in Cloud computing?
- What is virtualization in cloud computing?
- What is Eucalyptus in a cloud environment?
- What are the main components of Eucalyptus cloud architecture?
Publication date: 11/26/2016Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 48 pages
This is a Quick Guide to Cloud Computing and Cyber Security - For Beginners.Cloud computing has appeared in many small forms and now it is emerging as a huge solution to the problem of the fast changing and increasingly cyber world in which we live and work.Table of ContentsWhat is Cloud Computing?Types of Cloud ComputingCloud Computing ExamplesCyber SecurityCyber Security DangersPhysical SecurityLayers of SecurityNetwork SecurityCloud Computing and Security ThreatsThe Need for PoliciesThe Future?SummaryIn this book, cloud computing and cyber security is described in a way that covers all sizes and implementations of businesses involved in using this method of computing.
Publication date: 12/17/2012Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 24 pages
What is Cloud Computing? with Examples: Did you know that cloud computing is being utilized by just about every person or organization on the internet now in some form? Most people use the cloud and never even think about it. In this book, you're going to learn how the cloud operates, how it can benefit you, and the various types of cloud computing. You're going to see them in action. Primarily, we'll cover infrastructure as a service and how it relates to virtualization, the difference between private cloud, hybrid cloud, and public cloud. We'll cover how to transfer to the cloud, how infrastructure-as-a-service, networking, security, and storage works. What platform-as-a-service is and how it relates to infrastructure-as-a-service and finally, how software-as-a-service makes your life so much easier. By the end of the book, you'll truly learn the various types of cloud computing, you'll see them in action, and you'll feel relaxed using cloud computing.
Publication date: 05/27/2018Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 50 pages
In this book I will teach you the basics of cloud computing and why cloud computing is one of the hottest areas in information technology today. In addition, I will show you how to sign up for free developer accounts with some of the leading cloud computing platforms such as Amazon AWS and SalesForce. I will also take you on a brief tour of each of these platforms and show you how to deploy software to each of these as well. By the end of this book you will be able to develop and deploy software to the leading cloud based system on the market today.
Published by: Eric Frick | Publication date: 02/10/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 102 pages
Behind the Cloud: The Untold Story of How Salesforce.com Went from Idea to Billion-Dollar Company-and Revolutionized an Industry
How did salesforce.com grow from a start up in a rented apartment into the world's fastest growing software company in less than a decade? For the first time, Marc Benioff, the visionary founder, chairman and CEO of salesforce.com, tells how he and his team created and used new business, technology, and philanthropic models tailored to this time of extraordinary change. Showing how salesforce.com not only survived the dotcom implosion of 2001, but went on to define itself as the leader of the cloud computing revolution and spark a $46-billion dollar industry, Benioff's story will help business leaders and entrepreneurs stand out, innovate better, and grow faster in any economic climate. In Behind the Cloud, Benioff shares the strategies that have inspired employees, turned customers into evangelists, leveraged an ecosystem of partners, and allowed innovation to flourish.
Published by: Wiley-Blackwell | Publication date: 10/29/2009Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 304 pages, ISBN 9780470521168
- Access and manage Compute Engine resources with a web UI, command-line interface, or RESTful interface
- Configure, customize, and work with Linux VM instances
- Explore storage options: persistent disk, Cloud Storage, Cloud SQL (MySQL in the cloud), or Cloud Datastore NoSQL service
- Use multiple private networks, and multiple instances on each network
- Build, deploy, and test a simple but comprehensive cloud computing application step-by-step
- Use Compute Engine with Docker, Node.js, ZeroMQ, Web Starter Kit, AngularJS, WebSocket, and D3.js
Published by: O'Reilly Media | Publication date: 12/15/2014Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 248 pages
Updated and Expanded in 2013Cloud Computing Explained provides an overview of Cloud Computing in an enterprise environment. There is a tremendous amount of enthusiasm around cloud-based solutions and services as well as the cost-savings and flexibility that they can provide. It is imperative that all senior technologists have a solid understanding of the ramifications of cloud computing since its impact is likely to permeate the entire IT landscape. However, it is not trivial to introduce a fundamentally different service-delivery paradigm into an existing enterprise architecture. This book describes the benefits and challenges of Cloud Computing and then leads the reader through the process of assessing the suitability of a cloud-based approach for a given situation, calculating and justifying the investment that is required to transform the process or application, and then developing a solid design that considers the implementation as well as the ongoing operations and governance required to maintain the solution in a partially outsourced delivery model.
Published by: Recursive Press | Publication date: 05/03/2010Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 473 pages
Terraform has emerged as a key player in the DevOps world for defining, launching, and managing infrastructure as code (IAC) across a variety of cloud and virtualization platforms, including AWS, Google Cloud, and Azure. This hands-on book is the fastest way to get up and running with Terraform.Gruntwork co-founder Yevgeniy (Jim) Brikman walks you through dozens of code examples that demonstrate how to use Terraform’s simple, declarative programming language to deploy and manage infrastructure with just a few commands. Whether you’re a novice developer, aspiring DevOps engineer, or veteran sysadmin, this book will take you from Terraform basics to running a full tech stack capable of supporting a massive amount of traffic and a large team of developers.
- Compare Terraform to other IAC tools, such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, and Salt Stack
- Use Terraform to deploy server clusters, load balancers, and databases
- Learn how Terraform manages the state of your infrastructure and how it impacts file layout, isolation, and locking
- Create reusable infrastructure with Terraform modules
- Try out advanced Terraform syntax to implement loops, if-statements, and zero-downtime deployment
- Use Terraform as a team, including best practices for writing, testing, and versioning Terraform code
Published by: O'Reilly Media | Publication date: 03/13/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 206 pages