This overview of cloud computing in a “self-teaching” format, contains state-of-the art chapters with tips and insights about cloud computing, its architecture, applications, information on securityand privacy, and numerous case studies. It includes questions for discussion and “Cloud Computing Lab Experiments”to help in mastering its complex services and technologies. Recent research shows that cloud computing willbe worth billions of dollars in new investments. Organizations are flocking to the cloud services to benefit from the elasticity, self-services, resource abundance, ubiquity, responsiveness, and cost efficiencies that it offers. Many government and private universities have already migrated to the cloud. The next wave in computing technology, expected to usher in a new era, will be based on cloud computing. Features•Explores the basic advancements in the field of cloud computing •Offers a practical, “self-teaching” approach with numerous case studies and lab experiments on installation, evaluation, security, and more•Includes material on ESXi, MS AZURE, Eucalyptus, and more. Brief Table of Contents1: Introduction to Cloud Computing. 2: Cloud Computing Architectures . 3: Virtualization Technology of Clouds. 4: Advanced Cloud Applications. 5: Enterprise Cloud Computing. 6: Case Studies. Cloud Computing “Lab” Experiments. Glossary. Questions for Discussion. References. Index.About the AuthorRajiv Chopra, PhD is an assistant professor of computer science and engineering and has written several texts and journal articles.
Published by: Mercury Learning and Information | Publication date: 03/28/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 200 pages
Cloud Computing provides us meαns by which we cαn αccess the αpplicαtions αs utilities over the internet. It αllows us to creαte, configure, αnd customize the business αpplicαtions online.This tutoriαl will tαke you through α step-by-step αpproαch while leαrning Cloud Computing concepts.This reference hαs been prepαred for the beginners to help them to understαnd bαsic-to-αdvαnced concepts relαted to Cloud Computing. This tutoriαl will give you enough understαnding on Cloud Computing concepts from where you cαn tαke yourself to α higher level of expertise.Before proceeding with this tutoriαl, you should hαve bαsic knowledge of Computers, Internet, Dαtαbαse αnd Networking concepts. Such bαsic knowledge will help you in understαnding the Cloud Computing concepts αnd move fαst on the leαrning trαck.
Publication date: 10/10/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 78 pages
A New York Times BestsellerFrom one of our leading technology thinkers and writers, a guide through the twelve technological imperatives that will shape the next thirty years and transform our livesMuch of what will happen in the next thirty years is inevitable, driven by technological trends that are already in motion. In this fascinating, provocative new book, Kevin Kelly provides an optimistic road map for the future, showing how the coming changes in our lives—from virtual reality in the home to an on-demand economy to artificial intelligence embedded in everything we manufacture—can be understood as the result of a few long-term, accelerating forces. Kelly both describes these deep trends—interacting, cognifying, flowing, screening, accessing, sharing, filtering, remixing, tracking, and questioning—and demonstrates how they overlap and are codependent on one another. These larger forces will completely revolutionize the way we buy, work, learn, and communicate with each other. By understanding and embracing them, says Kelly, it will be easier for us to remain on top of the coming wave of changes and to arrange our day-to-day relationships with technology in ways that bring forth maximum benefits. Kelly’s bright, hopeful book will be indispensable to anyone who seeks guidance on where their business, industry, or life is heading—what to invent, where to work, in what to invest, how to better reach customers, and what to begin to put into place—as this new world emerges.From the Hardcover edition.
Published by: Penguin Books | Publication date: 06/07/2016Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 334 pages
Written in a tutorial style, this comprehensive guide follows a structured approach explaining cloud techniques, models and platforms. Popular cloud services such as Amazon, Google and Microsoft Azure are explained in the text. The security risks and challenges of cloud computing are discussed in detail with useful examples. Emerging trends including mobile cloud computing and internet of things are discussed in the book for the benefit of the readers. Numerous review questions, multiple choice exercises and case studies facilitate enhanced understanding. This textbook is ideal for undergraduate and graduate students of computer science engineering, and information technology.
Published by: Cambridge University Press | Publication date: 06/29/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 426 pages
Internet of Things for Architects: Architecting IoT solutions by implementing sensors, communication infrastructure, edge computing, analytics, and security
Learn to design, implement and secure your IoT infrastructureKey Features
The IoT Hype IoT Architecture and Core IoT Modules Sensors, Endpoints, and Power Systems Communications and Information Theory Non-IP Based WPAN IP-Based WPAN and WLAN Long Range Communication Systems and Protocols (WAN) Routers and Gateways IoT Edge to Cloud Protocols Cloud and Fog Topologies Data Analytics and Machine Learning in the Cloud and in the Fog IoT Security Consortiums and Communities
- Build a complete IoT system that is the best fit for your organization
- Learn about different concepts, technologies, and tradeoffs in the IoT architectural stack
- Understand the theory, concepts, and implementation of each element that comprises IoT design—from sensors to the cloud
- Implement best practices to ensure the reliability, scalability, robust communication systems, security, and data analysis in your IoT infrastructure
- Understand the role and scope of architecting a successful IoT deployment, from sensors to the cloud
- Scan the landscape of IoT technologies that span everything from sensors to the cloud and
- everything in between
- See the trade-offs in choices of protocols and communications in IoT deployments
- Build a repertoire of skills and the vernacular necessary to work in the IoT space
- Broaden your skills in multiple engineering domains necessary for the IoT architect
Published by: Packt Publishing | Publication date: 01/22/2018Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 524 pages
In this book, I provide a guide for IT leaders to understand and therefore adopt cloud computing processes successfully, drawing from the evidence-based literature as well as the findings from my doctoral research. This book holds great relevance for business leaders, as understanding strategies for the adoption of cloud computing will help to gain the operational and technical efficiencies of innovative technologies, resulting in cost savings as well as acceleration of time-to-market for product and services development initiatives. Accelerated time-to-market will, in turn, lead to a competitive advantage for these organizations.
Published by: ZAZAD Solutions Inc | Publication date: 05/30/2018Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 524 pages
The essential roadmaps for enterprise cloud adoption As cloud technologies continue to challenge the fundamental understanding of how businesses work, smart companies are moving quickly to adapt to a changing set of rules. Adopting the cloud requires a clear roadmap backed by use cases, grounded in practical real-world experience, to show the routes to successful adoption. The Cloud Adoption Playbook helps business and technology leaders in enterprise organizations sort through the options and make the best choices for accelerating cloud adoption and digital transformation. Written by a team of IBM technical executives with a wealth of real-world client experience, this book cuts through the hype, answers your questions, and helps you tailor your cloud adoption and digital transformation journey to the needs of your organization. This book will help you:
- Discover how the cloud can fulfill major business needs
- Adopt a standardized Cloud Adoption Framework and understand the key dimensions of cloud adoption and digital transformation
- Learn how cloud adoption impacts culture, architecture, security, and more
- Understand the roles of governance, methodology, and how the cloud impacts key players in your organization.
Published by: Wiley | Publication date: 03/08/2018Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 272 pages
“This book continues the very high standard we have come to expect from ServiceTech Press. The book provides well-explained vendor-agnostic patterns to the challenges of providing or using cloud solutions from PaaS to SaaS. The book is not only a great patterns reference, but also worth reading from cover to cover as the patterns are thought-provoking, drawing out points that you should consider and ask of a potential vendor if you’re adopting a cloud solution.”--Phil Wilkins, Enterprise Integration Architect, Specsavers “Thomas Erl’s text provides a unique and comprehensive perspective on cloud design patterns that is clearly and concisely explained for the technical professional and layman alike. It is an informative, knowledgeable, and powerful insight that may guide cloud experts in achieving extraordinary results based on extraordinary expertise identified in this text. I will use this text as a resource in future cloud designs and architectural considerations.”--Dr. Nancy M. Landreville, CEO/CISO, NML Computer Consulting The Definitive Guide to Cloud Architecture and Design Best-selling service technology author Thomas Erl has brought together the de facto catalog of design patterns for modern cloud-based architecture and solution design. More than two years in development, this book’s 100+ patterns illustrate proven solutions to common cloud challenges and requirements. Its patterns are supported by rich, visual documentation, including 300+ diagrams. The authors address topics covering scalability, elasticity, reliability, resiliency, recovery, data management, storage, virtualization, monitoring, provisioning, administration, and much more. Readers will further find detailed coverage of cloud security, from networking and storage safeguards to identity systems, trust assurance, and auditing. This book’s unprecedented technical depth makes it a must-have resource for every cloud technology architect, solution designer, developer, administrator, and manager. Topic Areas
- Enabling ubiquitous, on-demand, scalable network access to shared pools of configurable IT resources
- Optimizing multitenant environments to efficiently serve multiple unpredictable consumers
- Using elasticity best practices to scale IT resources transparently and automatically
- Ensuring runtime reliability, operational resiliency, and automated recovery from any failure
- Establishing resilient cloud architectures that act as pillars for enterprise cloud solutions
- Rapidly provisioning cloud storage devices, resources, and data with minimal management effort
- Enabling customers to configure and operate custom virtual networks in SaaS, PaaS, or IaaS environments
- Efficiently provisioning resources, monitoring runtimes, and handling day-to-day administration
- Implementing best-practice security controls for cloud service architectures and cloud storage
- Securing on-premise Internet access, external cloud connections, and scaled VMs
- Protecting cloud services against denial-of-service attacks and traffic hijacking
- Establishing cloud authentication gateways, federated cloud authentication, and cloud key management
- Providing trust attestation services to customers
- Monitoring and independently auditing cloud security
- Solving complex cloud design problems with compound super-patterns
Published by: Prentice Hall | Publication date: 05/23/2015Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 590 pages
Top 200 Cloud Computing Engineer Interview QuestionsCloud Computing is one of the most popular technology trends. There is a growing demand for Cloud Computing Engineer job in technology companies. This book contains technical interview questions that an interviewer asks for Cloud Computing Engineer position. Each question is accompanied with an answer so that you can prepare for job interview in short time. The book contains questions on Cloud Computing, Amazon Web Services AWS, Docker and Unix. It is a combination of our four other books.We have compiled this list after attending dozens of technical interviews in top-notch companies like- Airbnb, Netflix, Amazon etc.Often, these questions and concepts are used in our daily work. But these are most helpful when an Interviewer is trying to test your deep knowledge of Cloud Computing topics like- Jenkins, Docker, Unix, Cloud Computing etc.What are the Cloud Computing topics covered in this book?We cover a wide variety of Cloud Computing topics in this book. Some of the topics are Docker, Amazon Web Services, AWS Architecture, EC2, S3, Unix, Cloud Computing etc.How will this book help me?By reading this book, you do not have to spend time searching the Internet for Cloud Computing interview questions. We have already compiled the list of the most popular and the latest Cloud Computing Interview questions. Are there answers in this book?Yes, in this book each question is followed by an answer. So you can save time in interview preparation.What is the best way of reading this book?You have to first do a slow reading of all the questions in this book. Once you go through them in the first pass, mark the questions that you could not answer by yourself. Then, in second pass go through only the difficult questions. After going through this book 2-3 times, you will be well prepared to face a technical interview for a Cloud Computing Engineer position.What is the level of questions in this book?This book contains questions that are good for a beginner Cloud Computing engineer to a senior Cloud Computing engineer. The difficulty level of question varies in the book from Fresher to a Seasoned professional.What are the sample questions in this book?
- What are the main features of AWS OpsWorks Stacks?
- How does CloudFormation work in AWS?
- What is CICD in Cloud Computing?
- Can we disable versioning on a version-enabled bucket in Amazon S3?
- Can we do Cross Region replication in Amazon S3 without enabling versioning on a bucket?
- Can we lose our data when a Docker Container exits?
- Can we run more than one process in a Docker container?
- Do you think Cloud Computing is a software application or a hardware service?
- Do you think Docker is Application-centric or Machine-centric?
- How can we build a Scalable system in AWS?
- How can you failover gracefully in AWS?
- How databases in Cloud computing are different from traditional databases?
- How do we get higher performance in our application by using Amazon CloudFront?
- How does AWS Lambda handle failure during event processing?
- How is a Docker container different from a hypervisor?
- How is Amazon Machine Image (AMI) and an Amazon Instance are related?
- How is Cloud computing different from computing for mobile devices?
- How will you automate your software infrastructure in AWS?
Publication date: 03/18/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 195 pages
"The promise of cloud computing is here. These pages provide the 'eyes wide open' insights you need to transform your business." --Christopher Crowhurst, Vice President, Strategic Technology, Thomson Reuters A Down-to-Earth Guide to Cloud Computing Cloud Computing: A Practical Approach provides a comprehensive look at the emerging paradigm of Internet-based enterprise applications and services. This accessible book offers a broad introduction to cloud computing, reviews a wide variety of currently available solutions, and discusses the cost savings and organizational and operational benefits. You'll find details on essential topics, such as hardware, platforms, standards, migration, security, and storage. You'll also learn what other organizations are doing and where they're headed with cloud computing. If your company is considering the move from a traditional network infrastructure to a cutting-edge cloud solution, you need this strategic guide. Cloud Computing: A Practical Approach covers:
- Costs, benefits, security issues, regulatory concerns, and limitations
- Service providers, including Google, Microsoft, Amazon, Yahoo, IBM, EMC/VMware, Salesforce.com, and others
- Hardware, infrastructure, clients, platforms, applications, services, and storage
- Standards, including HTTP, HTML, DHTML, XMPP, SSL, and OpenID
- Web services, such as REST, SOAP, and JSON
- Platform as a Service (PaaS), Software as a Service (SaaS), and Software plus Services (S+S)
- Custom application development environments, frameworks, strategies, and solutions
- Local clouds, thin clients, and virtualization
- Migration, best practices, and emerging standards
Published by: McGraw-Hill Education | Publication date: 10/22/2009Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 354 pages