CISSP Study Guide - fully updated for the 2015 CISSP Body of Knowledge CISSP (ISC)2 Certified Information Systems Security Professional Official Study Guide, 7th Edition has been completely updated for the latest 2015 CISSP Body of Knowledge. This bestselling Sybex study guide covers 100% of all exam objectives. You'll prepare for the exam smarter and faster with Sybex thanks to expert content, real-world examples, advice on passing each section of the exam, access to the Sybex online interactive learning environment, and much more. Reinforce what you've learned with key topic exam essentials and chapter review questions. Along with the book, you also get access to Sybex's superior online interactive learning environment that includes:
- Four unique 250 question practice exams to help you identify where you need to study more. Get more than 90 percent of the answers correct, and you're ready to take the certification exam.
- More than 650 Electronic Flashcards to reinforce your learning and give you last-minute test prep before the exam
- A searchable glossary in PDF to give you instant access to the key terms you need to know for the exam
- Security and Risk Management
- Asset Security
- Security Engineering
- Communication and Network Security
- Identity and Access Management
- Security Assessment and Testing
- Security Operations
- Software Development Security
Published by: Sybex | Publication date: 09/11/2015Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 1080 pages
Join over 250,000 IT professionals who've earned Security+ certification If you're an IT professional hoping to progress in your career, then you know that the CompTIA Security+ exam is one of the most valuable certifications available. Since its introduction in 2002, over a quarter million professionals have achieved Security+ certification, itself a springboard to prestigious certifications like the CASP, CISSP, and CISA. The CompTIA Security+ Study Guide: SY0-401 covers 100% of the Security+ exam objectives, with clear and concise information on crucial security topics. You'll find everything you need to prepare for the 2014 version of the Security+ certification exam, including insight from industry experts on a wide range of IT security topics. Readers also get access to a robust set of learning tools, featuring electronic flashcards, assessment tests, robust practice test environment, with hundreds of practice questions, and electronic flashcards.
- CompTIA authorized and endorsed
- Includes updates covering the latest changes to the exam, including better preparation for real-world applications
- Covers key topics like network security, compliance and operational security, threats and vulnerabilities, access control and identity management, and cryptography
- Employs practical examples and insights to provide real-world context from two leading certification experts
- Provides the necessary tools to take that first important step toward advanced security certs like CASP, CISSP, and CISA, in addition to satisfying the DoD's 8570 directive
Published by: Sybex | Publication date: 04/22/2014Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 553 pages
Covers 100% of exam objectives, including explaining the functions and applications of various network devices, using appropriate monitoring tools, implementing network hardening techniques, troubleshooting and resolving common wireless issues, and much more...Includes interactive online learning environment and study tools with: + 2 custom practice exams + More than 100 Electronic Flashcards + Searchable key term glossary Your complete guide to preparing for CompTIA Network+ Exam N10-006 The CompTIA Network+ Study Guide, 3rd Edition is your one-stop resource for complete coverage of Exam N10-006. This Sybex Study Guide covers 100% of all exam N10-006 objectives. You'll prepare for the exam smarter and faster with Sybex thanks to superior content including, assessment tests that check exam readiness, objective map, real-world scenarios, hands-on exercises, key topic exam essentials, and challenging chapter review questions. Reinforce what you have learned with the exclusive Sybex online learning environment and test bank, accessible across multiple devices. Get prepared for the CompTIA Network+ exam with Sybex. Coverage of 100% of all exam objectives in this Study Guide means you'll be ready for:
- Comparing and contrasting the use of networking services and applications
- Installing and configuring network services/applications
- Analyzing metrics and reports from monitoring and tracking performance tools
- Using appropriate resources to support configuration management
- Comparing and contrasting common network vulnerabilities and threats
- Installing and configuring a basic firewall
- Summarizing basic forensic concepts
- Implementing network troubleshooting methodology
- Troubleshooting and resolving common copper cable issues
- Troubleshooting and resolving common network issues
- Analyzing and determining the correct OSI layer
- Explaining the basics of network theory and concepts
- Summarizing safety practices
- Installing and configuring equipment in the appropriate location using best practices
- Interactive test bank with 2 practice exams. Practice exams help you identify areas where further review is needed. Get more than 90% of the answers correct, and you're ready to take the certification exam. 100 questions total!
- More than 100 Electronic Flashcards to reinforce learning and provide lastminute prep before the exam
- Comprehensive glossary in PDF format that gives you instant access to the key terms so you are fully prepared
Published by: Sybex | Publication date: 04/24/2015Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 879 pages
Expert preparation covering 100% of Security+ exam SY0-501 objectives CompTIA Security+ Study Guide, Seventh Edition offers invaluable preparation for Exam SY0-501. Written by an expert author team, this book covers 100% of the exam objectives with clear, concise explanation. You'll learn how to handle threats, attacks, and vulnerabilities using industry-standard tools and technologies, while understanding the role of architecture and design. From everyday tasks like identity and access management to complex topics like risk management and cryptography, this study guide helps you consolidate your knowledge base in preparation for the Security+ exam. Practical examples illustrate how these processes play out in real-world scenarios, allowing you to immediately translate essential concepts to on-the-job application. You also gain access to the Sybex online learning environment, which features a robust toolkit for more thorough prep: flashcards, glossary of key terms, practice questions, and a pre-assessment exam equip you with everything you need to enter the exam confident in your skill set. This study guide is approved and endorsed by CompTIA, and has been fully updated to align with the latest version of the exam.
- Master essential security technologies, tools, and tasks
- Understand how Security+ concepts are applied in the real world
- Study on the go with electronic flashcards and more
- Test your knowledge along the way with hundreds of practice questions
Published by: Sybex | Publication date: 10/05/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 512 pages
Networking's leading authority joins Sybex for the ultimate CCNA prep guide CCNA Routing and Switching Complete Study Guide, 2nd Edition is your comprehensive review for the CCNA exams. Written by the leading authority on networking technology, this guide covers 100% of all objectives for the latest ICND1, ICND2, and CCNA Composite exams. Hands-on labs help you gain experience in critical procedures and practices, and the network simulator provides a realistic lab environment so you can practice at your own pace. Gain access to the Sybex online learning environment, featuring a robust set of study tools including: practice questions, flashcards, video instruction, and an extensive glossary of terms to help you better prepare for exam day. The pre-assessment test helps you prioritize your study time, and bonus practice exams allow you to test your understanding. Need more practice? Get 20% off a year subscription and free access to premium Cisco Labs—providing hands-on, real-world experience using Cisco Routers, Switches, and Firewalls. Free online video training is also included, with almost forty hours of Routing and Switching guidance from the experts at ITProTV. The CCNA certification is essential to a career in networking, and the exam can be taken in two parts or as a composite. Whichever you choose, this book is your essential guide for complete review.
- Master IP data network operation
- Troubleshoot issues and keep the network secure
- Understand switching and routing technologies
- Work with IPv4 and IPv6 addressing
Published by: Sybex | Publication date: 10/17/2016Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 1137 pages
Comprehensive, interactive exam preparation and so much more The AWS Certified SysOps Administrator Official Study Guide: Associate Exam is a comprehensive exam preparation resource. This book bridges the gap between exam preparation and real-world readiness, covering exam objectives while guiding you through hands-on exercises based on situations you'll likely encounter as an AWS Certified SysOps Administrator. From deployment, management, and operations to migration, data flow, cost control, and beyond, this guide will help you internalize the processes and best practices associated with AWS. The Sybex interactive online study environment gives you access to invaluable preparation aids, including an assessment test that helps you focus your study on areas most in need of review, and chapter tests to help you gauge your mastery of the material. Electronic flashcards make it easy to study anytime, anywhere, and a bonus practice exam gives you a sneak preview so you know what to expect on exam day. Cloud computing offers businesses a cost-effective, instantly scalable IT infrastructure. The AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate credential shows that you have technical expertise in deployment, management, and operations on AWS.
- Study exam objectives
- Gain practical experience with hands-on exercises
- Apply your skills to real-world scenarios
- Test your understanding with challenging review questions
Published by: Sybex | Publication date: 09/20/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 552 pages
Gain the Sybex advantage with this complete guide to A+ certification The CompTIA A+ Complete Study Guide is your complete solution for A+ exam preparation. Covering 100% of Exam 220-901 and Exam 220-902 objectives, this book gives you everything you need to ensure that you not only understand the basics of IT, but that you can demonstrate your understanding effectively. Now in its third edition, this guide has been updated to reflect the exam's new focus. Coverage includes the latest best practices, Windows 8/8.1 and mobile OSes, and an emphasis on the practical skills required on the job. Clear and concise, this book helps you solidify your understanding of crucial hardware and operating system maintenance and troubleshooting topics covered on the exam. You also gain access to the Sybex exclusive online interactive learning environment and test bank, featuring bonus practice exams, electronic flashcards, and a searchable PDF glossary of the most important terms you need to understand. The CompTIA A+ certification is the essential computer technician credential, and is required by over 100 leading employers. This book helps you prepare and practice so you can approach the exam with confidence, and pass with flying colors.
- Review the components of personal computers, laptops, and portable devices
- Understand operating systems, networks, and security
- Get up to speed on safety and environmental issues
- Practice effective communication and the "soft skills" of professionalism
Published by: Sybex | Publication date: 12/18/2015Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 1393 pages
CompTIA Linux+ Powered by Linux Professional Institute Study Guide: Exam LX0-103 and Exam LX0-104 (Comptia Linux + Study Guide)
CompTIA Authorized Linux+ prepCompTIA Linux+ Study Guide is your comprehensive study guide for the Linux+ Powered by LPI certification exams. With complete coverage of 100% of the objectives on both exam LX0-103 and exam LX0-104, this study guide provides clear, concise information on all aspects of Linux administration, with a focus on the latest version of the exam. You'll gain the insight of examples drawn from real-world scenarios, with detailed guidance and authoritative coverage of key topics, including GNU and Unix commands, system operation, system administration, system services, security, and more, from a practical perspective that easily translates into on-the-job know-how. You'll also get access to helpful study tools, including bonus practice exams, electronic flashcards, and a searchable glossary of key terms that are important to know for exam day. Linux is viewed by many companies and organizations as an excellent, low-cost, secure alternative to expensive operating systems such as Microsoft Windows. The CompTIA Linux+ Powered by LPI exams test a candidate's understanding and familiarity with the Linux Kernel.
- Review the basic system architecture, installation, and management
- Understand commands, devices, and file systems
- Utilize shells, scripting, and data management techniques
- Navigate user interfaces, desktops, and essential system services
Published by: Sybex | Publication date: 04/28/2015Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 634 pages
The ultimate CISA prep guide, with practice exams Sybex's CISA: Certified Information Systems Auditor Study Guide, Fourth Edition is the newest edition of industry-leading study guide for the Certified Information System Auditor exam, fully updated to align with the latest ISACA standards and changes in IS auditing. This new edition provides complete guidance toward all content areas, tasks, and knowledge areas of the exam and is illustrated with real-world examples. All CISA terminology has been revised to reflect the most recent interpretations, including 73 definition and nomenclature changes. Each chapter summary highlights the most important topics on which you'll be tested, and review questions help you gauge your understanding of the material. You also get access to electronic flashcards, practice exams, and the Sybex test engine for comprehensively thorough preparation. For those who audit, control, monitor, and assess enterprise IT and business systems, the CISA certification signals knowledge, skills, experience, and credibility that delivers value to a business. This study guide gives you the advantage of detailed explanations from a real-world perspective, so you can go into the exam fully prepared.
- Discover how much you already know by beginning with an assessment test
- Understand all content, knowledge, and tasks covered by the CISA exam
- Get more in-depths explanation and demonstrations with an all-new training video
- Test your knowledge with the electronic test engine, flashcards, review questions, and more
Published by: Sybex | Publication date: 02/23/2016Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 698 pages
The go-to MCSA prep guide, updated for Windows 10 and the new exams MCSA Windows 10 Complete Study Guide is your comprehensive resource for taking both Exams 70-698 and 70-697. Covering 100% of all exam objectives, this study guide goes beyond mere review to delve deeper into the complex topics and technologies to help you strengthen your understanding and sharpen your skills. Written by a veteran Microsoft MVP, this guide walks you through MCSA skills in context to show you how concepts are applied in real-world situations. Hands-on exercises speed the learning process and facilitate internalization, while review questions challenge and test the depth of your understanding. You also get access to the Sybex interactive online learning environment, featuring flashcards, videos, an assessment test, and bonus practice exams to face exam day with confidence. The MCSA certification process has changed; Exam 70-698 tests your skills in installing and configuring Windows 10, and then Exam 70-697 gauges your abilities in configuring Windows devices. This book is your ideal companion to study for both exams.
- Study 100 percent of the objectives for Exams 70-698 and 70-697
- Apply your knowledge with hands-on exercises
- Test your skills with challenging review questions
- Access videos, electronic flashcards, a searchable glossary, and bonus practice exams
Published by: Sybex | Publication date: 01/25/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 1128 pages