This book uniquely covers both the physics of photovoltaic (PV) cells and the design of PV systems for real-life applications. From the fundamental principles of semiconductor solar cells; through PV technology (crystalline silicon solar cells; thin-film cells; PV modules); to components, design, deployment and performance of PV systems in use. The book is an invaluable reference for researchers, industrial engineers and designers working in solar energy generation. The book is also ideal for university and third-level physics or engineering courses on solar photovoltaics, with exercises to check students’ understanding and reinforce learning. It is the perfect companion to the Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) on Solar Energy (DelftX, ET.3034TU) presented by co-author Arno Smets. The course is available in English on the nonprofit open source edX.org platform, and in Arabic on edraak.org. Over 100,000 students have already registered for these MOOCs.
Published by: UIT Cambridge | Publication date: 01/28/2016Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 488 pages
New Internet Linked Edition to Free Solar Resources and Free Solar Calculators!The book 'Solar Power Demystified: The Beginners Guide To Solar Power, Energy Independence And Lower Bills' introduces you to the world of solar electric panels and systems. It reveals you the reasons why photovoltaic solar panels are continuing to gain worldwide popularity and are becoming more important as a source of renewable energy. You can see the question "To go or not to go solar?" discussed in its practical aspects. Furthermore you are advised what kind of solar electric system you need and how to evaluate whether your home is 'solar-ready' or not You are also introduced to the basics of photovoltaics and to the main types of solar electric systems and their components. The book is intended to provide basic information to everyone who makes first steps in the world of photovoltaics and needs the matter explained in an easy-to-understand and straightforward way. The book exposes:
- Photovoltaics in the world of renewable energy
- Advantages of photovoltaics in a summary
- Why are photovoltaics continuing to gain worldwide popularity?
- Why is the cost of photovoltaics decreasing?
- Drawbacks of photovoltaics
- What are the main applications of solar electric systems?
- To go or not to go solar - that is the question!
- Some issues to consider before going solar
- Why would you need a solar electric system?
- Don't go solar before reading this!
- What kind of solar electric system do you need?
- How big solar electric system do you need?
- How to finance the cost of your solar electric system?
- Financial incentives
- Is your building solar-ready?
- How to assess your location for solar resource?
- Why the condition of your roof does matter
- Free solar panels
- Solar power for business owners
- Energy efficiency above all
- How to improve the energy efficiency of your building
- The basics of solar power
- Solar electric systems
- Grid-connected solar electric systems
- Stand-alone (off-grid) solar electric systems
- Advantages and drawbacks of stand-alone systems
- Why are off-grid systems attractive?
- Main applications of stand-alone solar electric systems
- Selecting your solar vendor
- What to be careful about
Published by: Digital Publishing Ltd | Publication date: 03/05/2015Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 153 pages
This 2-hour free course explored the potential of the sun to provide useable thermonuclear energy, and the technical feasibility of harnessing it.
Published by: The Open University | Publication date: 03/01/2016Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 26 pages
Understanding Solar EnergySolar energy is free and it is located everywhere where the sun is shining. However, harnessing the energy of sun in order to convert it to electricity or heat is not an easy task. You need to use the right equipment as well as design basics in order to harness the energy of the sun effectively.There are many benefits of using solar energy to heat up or power your home. One of the most important benefits of using this renewable energy is that you can help save the environment. This green energy can also help you reduce the cost of your energy bill by as much as half. However, if you opt for solar energy to power your house, you need to educate yourself about the many options that you have. Thus, this book will serve as your guide.With this book, you can learn the following:
- Learn about the benefits of using solar energy in Chapter 1. Moreover, the same chapter will also give you insightful ideas on how you can finance as well as get incentives for using solar power energy.
- This book also teaches you on the things that you need to consider before deciding to adopt this system to your house. Installing solar power systems have several requirements thus it is crucial to know what these requirements are in order to make the most out of solar power energy.
- Chapter 3 also discusses the different types of solar power systems that you can opt for. The chapter gives in-depth discussion on photovoltaic, concentrated and passive solar power systems.
Published by: Loco Media | Publication date: 02/05/2015Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 40 pages
How will the world be powered in ten years' time? Not by fossil fuels. Energy experts are all saying the same thing: solar photovoltaics (PV) is our future. Reports from universities, investment banks, international institutions and large investors agree. It's not about whether the switch from fossil fuels to solar power will happen, but when.Solar panels are being made that will last longer than ever hoped; investors are seeing the benefits of the long-term rewards provided by investing in solar; in the Middle East, a contractor can now offer solar-powered electricity far cheaper than that of a coal-fired power station. The Switch tracks the transition away from coal, oil and gas to a world in which the limitless energy of the sun provides much of the energy the 10 billion people of this planet will need. It examines both the solar future and how we will get there, and the ways in which we will provide stored power when the sun isn't shining. We learn about artificial photosynthesis from a start-up in the US that is making petrol from just CO2 and sunlight; ideas on energy storage are drawn from a company in Germany that makes batteries for homes; in the UK, a small company in Swindon has the story of wind turbines; and in Switzerland, a developer shows how we can use hydrogen to make 'renewable' natural gas for heating.Told through the stories of entrepreneurs, inventors and scientists from around the world, and using the latest research and studies, The Switch provides a positive solution to the climate change crisis, and looks to a brighter future ahead.
Published by: Profile Books | Publication date: 07/07/2016Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 288 pages
If you want to introduce alternative power supplies around the house and garden or even live totally off-grid in your boat, caravan or yurt and need a practical introduction to solar power and 12 volt supplies, here is the essential eBook guide to the subject.
Published by: Permanent Publications | Publication date: 12/12/2011Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 128 pages
Solar Panels: The Ultimate Guide to Renewable Energy and Solar Panels Which is Saving People $1000's (Solar Panels, Solar Power, Solar Energy, Renewable Energy)
The Ultimate Guide to Renewable Energy and Solar Panels Which is Saving People $1000's!Today only, get this Amazon bestseller for just £2.99. Regularly priced at £4.99.Read on your PC, Mac, smart phone, tablet or Kindle device.You’re about to discover the power of solar enery and how you can take advantage of it! Solar energy is one of the fastest growing forms of renewable energy and for a good reason too. With efficiencies increasing and prices decreasing, there has never been a better time to jump on the solar power bandwagon and enjoy the $1000's in savings!Here Is A Preview Of What You'll Learn...
- How Solar Panels work
- Advantages of Solar Panels
- Disadvantages of Solar Panels
- A comparison with other means of renewable energy
- Bizarre and Brilliant current uses of solar panels
- Future ideas to take advantage of solar power
- Much, much more!
Publication date: 04/07/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 33 pages
Solar Power: DIY Solar On A Budget - Energy Independence, Lower Bills & Off Grid Living (Solar Power, Self Reliance, Energy)
Become Energy Independent Today! Download NOW!!!
Publication date: 06/06/2016Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 42 pages
A fresh approach to solar power in 2017 through the effective use of "Efficiency First Principles" This ground-breaking book by long time seasoned renewable energy professional Zax Vagen is packed full of innovative ideas, old industry mainstays and ancient wisdom that come together timeously in this book. Riddled with tips and tricks, from choosing the right product to leveraging practical advantage and "opportunity phycics". Join Zax Vagen and his hilarious coffee habit as he unravels the mysteries of achieving the nirvana of off-grid living without spending a fortune. Now with a new chapter about never before published drivers of global warming and climate change.
Publication date: 04/17/2016Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 53 pages
Solar Energy Handbook for Beginners: The Nuts and Bolts of Solar Power: (Solar Power, Power Generation)
Getting Your FREE BonusDownload this book, read it to the end and see "BONUS: Your FREE Gift" chapter after the conclusion.Solar Energy Handbook for BeginnersThe Nuts and Bolts of Solar PowerSolar energy is abundant, ecofriendly, is low maintenance, and it reduces energy costs. These reasons alone are enough to inspire homeowners to go solar, but the excellent benefits of solar do not end there. Solar energy is limitless and solar technology has come a long way since its beginnings. Going solar is easier than ever and this handbook will give you all the information you need to make an informed choice about solar energy for your home. There is more to solar energy than a few solar panels installed on your roof. Many people who decide to live off grid rely on solar energy. This renewable, sustainable resource is more reliable than ever and this book will tell you:
- What you need to know about solar power
- Why solar is an excellent choice for off-grid energy
- How to choose the best solar options for your needs
- The pros and cons of solar for your home
Publication date: 04/04/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 27 pages