- What does responsive really mean?
- Semantic page structure
- Grid systems
- Responsive Images and media
- Media queries
- Responsive content
Published by: SitePoint | Publication date: 04/24/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 166 pages
The Principles of Project Management lays out clear steps that anyone can follow to get projects done right, and delivered on time.This full color book covers:
Why Project Management is important The 6 fundamental truths of project management Getting started: Discovering, Initiating, Planning and Resourcing a project Getting the Job Done: Executing and controlling Keeping it Smooth: Communication, collaboration and managing change Following through: Ongoing support and maintenance, measuring operational success Resources: Review of various tools, recommended reading, professional resources for project managementShort, and to the point, this book aims to do to provide a solid foundation for anyone who finds themselves responsible for executing projects.From the Back CoverEvery project you manage will be unique. Scope, budgets, team dynamics, and timeframes will differ. As a project manager, the most important factor in achieving project success will be your understanding of The Principles Of Project Management. This book will show you that project management isn't rocket science: using the information contained in this book, you'll deliver projects on time and on budget, again and again.With The Principles Of Project Management you'll:
- Learn how to start every project on the right foot.
- Master the planning, execution, and control of your projects.
- Discover the secrets of effective communication and change management.
- Identify project warning signals and learn to keep your projects on track.
- Understand the benefits of using the right tools, resources, and people.
- Learn how to give a superstar project handover.
- And much, much more
Published by: SitePoint | Publication date: 03/13/2008Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 224 pages
Published by: SitePoint | Publication date: 10/01/2009Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 176 pages
An ASP.NET 2.0 book that just helps you get things done!This book contains a collection of 101 best practice, object oriented solutions that you can easily adapt to your own projects.Coverage includes:
Working with text, numbers, dates & times Accessing data with ADO.NET Form validation under multiple scenerios Page, Session and application state tips Access control in web applications Producing standards compliant output Enhancing applications with AJAX Working with Email Handling errors and debugging Performance tips and pitfalls And much more!As a bonus, all book buyers get download access to the code archive which has all the examples in the book in both C# and VB.Back Cover"A comprehensive collection of ready-to-use ASP.NET solutions!"The ASP.NET 2.0 Anthology: 101 Essential Tips, Tricks & Hacks is a collection of solutions to the most common ASP.NET problems. Let five world-class ASP.NET professionals guide you through countless practical solutions using C# or VB.Learn to:
- Build a database access layer for improved portability.
- Sidestep the ASP.NET framework when required.
- Build data-driven applications quickly with SubSonic.
- Gracefull handle errors effectively.
- Work with email: send, parse, & manage attachments.
- Use component-based development for flexibility.
- Make your applications search engine friendly.
- Validate data input on forms.
- Create a user registration system.
- Use Master Pages to simplify development.
- Work with binary content.
- Improve the speed of your site, decrease bandwidth usage and speed up database queries
- And lots more...
Published by: SitePoint | Publication date: 09/18/2007Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 500 pages
Good UX is based on evidence. Qualitative evidence, such as user testing and field research, can only get you so far. To get the full picture of how users are engaging with your website or app, you'll need to use quantitative evidence in the form of analytics.This book will show you, step by step, how you can use website and app analytics data to inform design choices and definitively improve user experience. Offering practical guidelines, with plenty of detailed examples, this book covers:
- why you need to gather analytics data for your UX projects
- getting set up with analytics tools
- analyzing data
- how to find problems in your analytics
- using analytics to aid user research, measure and report on outcomes
Published by: SitePoint | Publication date: 01/10/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 176 pages
- An Introduction to Gulp.js by Craig Buckler
- A Beginner's Guide to Webpack 2 and Module Bundling by Mark Brown
- React vs Angular: An In-depth Comparison by Pavels Jelisejevs
- Retrofit Your Website as a Progressive Web App by Craig Buckler
- 10 Tips to Become a Better Node Developer by Azat Mardan
- An Introduction to Chart.js 2.0 : Six Simple Examples by Jack Rometty
Published by: SitePoint | Publication date: 08/16/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 195 pages
The Principles of Beautiful Web Design is the ideal book for people who can build websites, but are seeking the skills and knowledge to visually enhance their sites.This book will teach you how to:
- Understand what makes "good design," from discovery through to implementation
- Use color effectively, develop color schemes, and create a palette
- Create pleasing layouts using grids, the rule of thirds, and symmetry
- Employ textures: lines, points, shapes, volumes, and depth
- Apply typography to make ordinary designs look great
- Choose, edit, and position effective imagery
- Updated and expanded coverage of mobile and responsive web design (RWD)
- A new sample project
- New sections on user interface and icon design
- Common user-interface patterns and resources
Published by: SitePoint | Publication date: 06/17/2014Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 220 pages
A recent study found that on average, designing a form to have a great user experience almost doubled the rate of successful first-time completions. For example, Ebay made an additional $USD 500 million annually from redesigning just the button on one of their mobile form screens.More conversions, fewer dissatisfied users, better return on investment. Can you afford not to improve your forms' user experiences?This book will walk you through every part of designing a great forms user experience. From the words, to how the form looks, and on to interactivity, you'll learn how to design a web form that works beautifully on mobiles, laptops and desktops. Filled with practical and engaging insights, and plenty of real-world examples, both good and bad.You'll learn answers to common queries like:
- Where should field labels go?
- What makes a question easy to understand?
- How do you design forms to work on small screens?
- How does touch impact on form design?
- How long can a form be?
- What look and feel should the form have: skeumorphic, flat, or something else?
- What's best practice for error messaging?
Published by: SitePoint | Publication date: 09/12/2016Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 276 pages
Get a Jump Start on the up and coming UX design and prototyping power tool, Experience Design!Experience Design CC (also known as XD) is a brand new design tool from Adobe. With a clean, uncluttered UI and a raft of powerful features--such as live preview, Repeat Grids, artboards, symbols and collaboration tools--XD is designed from the ground up to streamline the UX design process. It makes creating interactive, sharable prototypes a snap!This book provides a rapid and practical introduction to using Adobe XD for UX design and prototyping. You'll:
- Get to grips with XD's clean UI and efficient keyboard shortcuts
- Use XD's powerful tools, such as repeat grid and symbols, to rapidly create wireframes and prototypes
- Create interactive prototypes with ease
- Collaborate with stakeholders using built-in sharing and feedback tools
- And more!
Published by: SitePoint | Publication date: 05/25/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 170 pages
Get a Jump Start on building applications with Bootstrap today!Originally developed by Twitter, Bootstrap is a framework that making the once-arduous process of crafting fully responsive web designs a breeze! Discover why Bootstrap is fast becoming a favorite tool of top web designers.In just one weekend with this hands-on tutorial, you'll learn how to:
- Integrate Bootstrap into your projects
- Understand the basic Bootstrap template
- Work with Bootstrap's grid
- Customize Bootstrap to work with any project
Published by: SitePoint | Publication date: 06/24/2014Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 150 pages