PHP & MySQL: Novice to Ninja, 6th Edition is a hands-on guide to learning all the tools, principles, and techniques needed to build a fully functional application using PHP & MySQL. Comprehensively updated to cover PHP 7 and modern best practice, this practical and fun book covers everything from installing PHP and MySQL through to creating a complete online content management system.You'll learn how to:
- Install PHP & MySQL on Windows, Mac OS X, or Linux
- Gain a thorough understanding of PHP syntax
- Use object oriented programming techniques
- Master database design principles and SQL
- Develop robust websites that can handle high levels of traffic
- Build a working content management system (CMS)
- And much more!
Published by: SitePoint | Publication date: 10/26/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 690 pages
- What does responsive really mean?
- Semantic page structure
- Grid systems
- Responsive Images and media
- Media queries
- Responsive content
Published by: SitePoint | Publication date: 04/24/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 166 pages
HTML5 and CSS3 for the Real World is your perfect introduction to the latest generation of web technologies. This easy-to-follow guide covers everything you need to know to get started today. You'll master the semantic markup available in HTML5, as well as how to use CSS3 to create amazing-looking websites without resorting to complex workarounds.You'll learn how to:
- Lose that pesky Flash habit by embracing native HTML5 video
- Set type that truly supports your message
- Build intelligent web forms that users will love!
- Design modern web apps the shine on mobile devices
- Create dynamic, efficient graphics on the fly with SVG and canvas
- Use shiny new APIs to add geolocation and offline functionality
- Build your own full featured HTML5 website, the HTML5 Herald
Published by: SitePoint | Publication date: 03/10/2015Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 350 pages
Published by: SitePoint | Publication date: 10/01/2009Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 176 pages
It's well known that identifying and fixing problems in design is easier and cheaper if it can be done earlier in the process of design and build. That's because as the fidelity of the project we're working on increases, the effort involved in making changes increases. If we can test out early ideas to see if they work, in small chunks, then we can identify whether those ideas are going to work. To do this, we need to build prototypes.With easy-to-follow, practical advice, this book will show you how to use a number of different prototyping techniques to improve UX. It covers:
- The prototyping process
- Paper prototyping
- Interactive wireframing tools, such as Balsamiq and Axure
- Dedicated prototyping tools, including Marvel, Invision, and Adobe XD
- HTML prototypes
- How to use prototypes in your project workflow
Published by: SitePoint | Publication date: 03/10/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 216 pages
CSS Master is tailor-made for the web designer who's really serious about taking their skills to the next level. Discover how to keep ahead of the game by adhering to best practice and employing the most effective cutting-edge CSS techniques.
- Organize your CSS to create the most efficient and most maintainable code
- Discover advanced layout techniques: grid layouts, multi-column, table layout mode, and more
- Use advanced effects: transitions, transforms, filter effect, and animations
- Take advantage of pre- and post-processors to maximize your efficiency
- Combine CSS and SVG to create seriously powerful effects
Published by: SitePoint | Publication date: 09/22/2015Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 350 pages
This book will teach you how to create awesome video games. Games from scratch. Games that run cross-platform, in web browsers, and on phones. Games filled with dynamic sound and music. Games overflowing with impressive visual effects. Fun games.More importantly, this book will teach you how to think about making games. You'll learn to analyze and dissect games; to understand what it is that makes great games great. By the end of the journey you'll have all the knowledge and tools needed to produce engaging, polished products that people will love to play. What's inside?
- Learn the basics: game loops and input
- Draw graphics on the screen using Canvas
- Add amazing sound effects and music using the Web Audio API
- Develop several fun games: a platformer, a shoot â€˜em up, a dungeon crawler, and a physics-based game
- Jazz up your game up with "juice": screen shakes, particle effects, and more
Published by: SitePoint | Publication date: 02/15/2018Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 462 pages
The Principles of Project Management lays out clear steps that anyone can follow to get projects done right, and delivered on time.This full color book covers:
Why Project Management is important The 6 fundamental truths of project management Getting started: Discovering, Initiating, Planning and Resourcing a project Getting the Job Done: Executing and controlling Keeping it Smooth: Communication, collaboration and managing change Following through: Ongoing support and maintenance, measuring operational success Resources: Review of various tools, recommended reading, professional resources for project managementShort, and to the point, this book aims to do to provide a solid foundation for anyone who finds themselves responsible for executing projects.From the Back CoverEvery project you manage will be unique. Scope, budgets, team dynamics, and timeframes will differ. As a project manager, the most important factor in achieving project success will be your understanding of The Principles Of Project Management. This book will show you that project management isn't rocket science: using the information contained in this book, you'll deliver projects on time and on budget, again and again.With The Principles Of Project Management you'll:
- Learn how to start every project on the right foot.
- Master the planning, execution, and control of your projects.
- Discover the secrets of effective communication and change management.
- Identify project warning signals and learn to keep your projects on track.
- Understand the benefits of using the right tools, resources, and people.
- Learn how to give a superstar project handover.
- And much, much more
Published by: SitePoint | Publication date: 03/13/2008Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 224 pages
A recent study found that on average, designing a form to have a great user experience almost doubled the rate of successful first-time completions. For example, Ebay made an additional $USD 500 million annually from redesigning just the button on one of their mobile form screens.More conversions, fewer dissatisfied users, better return on investment. Can you afford not to improve your forms' user experiences?This book will walk you through every part of designing a great forms user experience. From the words, to how the form looks, and on to interactivity, you'll learn how to design a web form that works beautifully on mobiles, laptops and desktops. Filled with practical and engaging insights, and plenty of real-world examples, both good and bad.You'll learn answers to common queries like:
- Where should field labels go?
- What makes a question easy to understand?
- How do you design forms to work on small screens?
- How does touch impact on form design?
- How long can a form be?
- What look and feel should the form have: skeumorphic, flat, or something else?
- What's best practice for error messaging?
Published by: SitePoint | Publication date: 09/12/2016Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 276 pages
- Use events to track user interactions
- Build smarter web forms that improve the user experience
- Work with the document object model (DOM) and Ajax to dynamicall update your pages
- Add functionality to your apps using HTML5's powerful APIs
- Use Test Driven Development methodology to write more robust code
Published by: SitePoint | Publication date: 09/20/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 666 pages