Learn the HTML5 and CSS3 you need to help you design responsive and future-proof websites that meet the demands of modern web usersAbout This Book
- Learn and explore how to harness the latest features of HTML5 in the context of responsive web design
- Learn to wield the new Flexbox layout mechanism, code responsive images, and understand how to implement SVGs in a responsive project
- Make your pages interactive by using CSS animations, transformations, and transitions
- Understand what responsive design is, and why it's vital for modern web development
- HTML5 markup is cleaner, faster, and more semantically rich than anything that has come before - learn how to use it and its latest features
- Integrate CSS3 media queries into your designs to use different styles for different media. You’ll also learn about future media queries which are evolving in CSS4.
- Responsive images allow different images to be presented in different scenarios. We’ll cover how to load different sets of images depending upon screen size or resolution and how to display different images in different contexts.
- Conquer forms! Add validation and useful interface elements like date pickers and range sliders with HTML5 markup alone.
- Implement SVGs into your responsive designs to provide resolution independent images, and learn how to adapt and animate them
- Learn how to use the latest features of CSS including custom fonts, nth-child selectors (and some CSS4 selectors), CSS custom properties (variables), and CSS calc
Published by: Packt Publishing | Publication date: 08/24/2015Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 314 pages
Deliver an optimal user experience to all devices—including tablets, smartphones, feature phones, laptops, and large screens—by learning the basics of responsive web design. In this hands-on guide, UX designer Clarissa Peterson explains how responsive web design works, and takes you through a responsive workflow from project kickoff to site launch.Ideal for anyone involved in the process of creating websites—not just developers—this book teaches you fundamental strategies and techniques for using HTML and CSS to design websites that not only adapt to any screen size, but also use progressive enhancement to provide a better user experience based on device capabilities such as touchscreens and retina displays.
- Start with content strategy before creating a visual design
- Learn why your default design should be for the narrowest screens
- Explore the HTML elements and CSS properties essential for responsive web design
- Use media queries to display different CSS styles based on a device’s viewport width
- Handle elements such as images, typography, and navigation
- Use performance optimization techniques to make your site lighter and faster
Published by: O'Reilly Media | Publication date: 06/09/2014Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 412 pages
Découvrez le responsive web design et apprenez à concevoir des sites qui anticipent et répondent aux besoins de vos utilisateurs. Dans cette seconde édition de son ouvrage phare, Ethan Marcotte décrit les principes qui sous-tendent le responsive design – grilles fluides, images flexibles et media queries – et démontre comment proposer une expérience de qualité, quelle que soit la taille de l’écran.Dans cette nouvelle édition : de nouveaux trucs et astuces pour la prise en charge des navigateurs, des solutions pour servir des images, rôle de l’amélioration progressive dans le design web, meilleures méthodes pour gérer la bande passante, etc. De nouveaux exemples et des listings de code méticuleusement révisés.Depuis sa parution qui a révolutionné le monde du web design en 2011, Responsive web design est resté une ressource fondamentale pour quiconque travaille sur le Web.Au sommaire : Principes du responsive design * La grille flexible * Composition flexible * Marges et espacement flexibles * Les images flexibles * Images fluides * Mosaïque d’arrière-plan flexible * Apprenez à aimer overflow * Négociez votre contenu * Les media queries * Plus de réactivité * Au sujet de la compatibilité * Pourquoi la flexibilité ? * Passer au responsive design * Une question de contexte * Mobile first * Vers un responsive workflow * Être « responsive » et responsable * L’amélioration progressive revisitée *
Published by: Eyrolles | Publication date: 02/23/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 168 pages
Push your HTML and CSS skills to the limit and build professional grade, responsive websitesAbout This Book
- Take your RWD skills to the next level with HTML5 and CSS3 best practices that will give you a solid foundation to build out from
- Harness the power of the CSS pre-processor Sass to speed up the creation of your CSS
- Each chapter dives deep in to different aspects of RWD and is designed to get you up to speed with the latest developments in professional web design
- Install and use Sass with SCSS syntax to create your CSS
- Use HTML5 tags the right way, for the right type of content
- Enhance the experience of users with assistive technology with ARIA roles
- Design with a desktop-first approach, but implement with mobile-first methodology
- Master your layouts by creating your own scalable CSS grid, or using Flexbox for total layout 'flexibility'
- Retrofit your old web sites with your new responsive design skills
- Deal with legacy browsers, and learn how to keep your designs consistent
- Implement widely used responsive patterns, such as the “drawer navigation”, the “off-canvas” and the “flexbox-based” navigation patterns
- Find the best way to serve the right type of image and how to make videos responsive
- Build custom responsive emails to ensure the message gets across regardless of the device
Published by: Packt Publishing | Publication date: 08/24/2015Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 336 pages
This book will lead you, step by step and with illustrative screenshots, through a real example. Are you writing two websites – one for mobile and one for larger displays? Or perhaps you’ve heard of Responsive Design but are unsure how to bring HTML5, CSS3, or responsive design all together. If so, this book provides everything you need to take your web pages to the next level – before all your competitors do!
Published by: Packt Publishing | Publication date: 04/10/2012Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 326 pages
Unearth the potential of Bootstrap with step-by-step guidance.About This Book
- An applied guide exploring web application development with Bootstrap 4
- Learn responsive web design and discover how to build mobile-ready websites with ease
- Become an expert in Bootstrap framework, and speed up frontend development and prototyping through real-life examples
- Discover how to use Bootstrap's components and elements, and customize them for your own projects
- Understand the framework's usage in the best way with the recommended development patterns
- Use Sass to customize your existing themes
- Apply the Bootstrap mobile-first grid system and add responsiveness and aesthetic touches to image elements
- Customize the behavior and features of Bootstrap's jQuery Plugins extensively
- Style various types of content and learn how to build a page's layout from scratch by applying the power of Bootstrap 4
- Work with content, such as tables and figures
- Bootstrap by Example – by Silvio Moreto
- Learning Bootstrap 4, Second Edition – by Matt Lambert
- Mastering Bootstrap 4 – by Benjamin Jakobus and Jason Marah
Published by: Packt Publishing | Publication date: 07/06/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 1136 pages
Published by: Sams Publishing | Publication date: 11/17/2014Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 384 pages
The Principles of Beautiful Web Design is the ideal book for people who can build websites, but are seeking the skills and knowledge to visually enhance their sites.This book will teach you how to:
- Understand what makes "good design," from discovery through to implementation
- Use color effectively, develop color schemes, and create a palette
- Create pleasing layouts using grids, the rule of thirds, and symmetry
- Employ textures: lines, points, shapes, volumes, and depth
- Apply typography to make ordinary designs look great
- Choose, edit, and position effective imagery
- Updated and expanded coverage of mobile and responsive web design (RWD)
- A new sample project
- New sections on user interface and icon design
- Common user-interface patterns and resources
Published by: SitePoint | Publication date: 06/17/2014Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 220 pages
How to build awesome browser applications that scale to mobile devices, even if you've never programmed beforeDo you want to build browser applications that make people say "wow!" when they see it? Of course you do! I do too. How about apps that look great on a mobile device and size automatically for different screens? Yep, I want that too. :)Experiment with the code on the Companion Web SiteThe book has tons of Bootstrap example source code which you can tweak and play with. It's all available at http://joyofbootstrap.com/code.php where you can even edit the code without downloading it. (Go ahead, try it now!) The book will walk you through all the hard code and explain how it works.The Bootstrap book for you....I write books that are easy to read and easily digestible. I group the chapters into easy, logical concepts that work together but still stand on their own. I write in a fun, conversational style that makes technical topics approachable for beginners. When it makes sense I build on early concepts to take you into progressively more advanced (cool) topics and exercises.My books don't cover every function and nuance-- those books are too much like bricks for my taste-- instead my books are relatively thin with the goal to launch you into a subject as quickly as possible and empower you with the basics right away. We'll also continue to use the successful metaphor of "Sam's Used Cars", a fictional web site that gives you a context in which to learn along. We'll take a plain and boring HTML website and bring it to life with Bootstrap.Designed for everyone, everywhere.Bootstrap is a framework that makes front-end web development faster and easier. A couple of guys at Twitter invented it and later made it open source. Other people have joined in and it is now in it's third major release. Bootstrap 3 is good for people of all skill levels, devices of all shapes, and projects of all sizes. But there aren't enough good books out there to help you learn if you're new to it...at all. Amazon has just 12 books on the topic of Bootstrap, as contrasted with 585 books about PHP.
Published by: Plum Island Publishing, LLC | Publication date: 08/17/2014Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 120 pages
Responsive web design is all about creating flexible websites that work equally well on phones, tablets, computers, and other devices. The key word here is “flexible”.The CSS flexible box model, known as flexbox, is a new layout tool that can help you build flexible websites painlessly. It is powerful, easy to learn, and easy to use.About This BookFlexbox for Responsive Web Design is a practical guide that explains the principles, benefits, and challenges of responsive web design with flexbox. It has four parts:
- A clear, compact tutorial covering the language of flexbox – core concepts, terminology, and syntax.
- Effective strategies for dealing with older browsers that don’t support flexbox.
- A user-friendly introduction to responsive web design – theory and practice in “aw shucks” language.
- Step-by-step instruction for building responsive web pages with flexbox.
Publication date: 07/17/2016Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 251 pages