Responsive Web Design with HTML5 and CSS3 - Second Edition: Build responsive and future-proof websites to meet the demands of modern web users
Learn the HTML5 and CSS3 you need to help you design responsive and future-proof websites that meet the demands of modern web usersAbout This Book
The Essentials of Responsive Web Design Media Queries - Supporting Differing Viewports Fluid Layouts and Responsive Images HTML5 for Responsive Web Designs CSS3 - Selectors, Typography, Color Modes, and New Features Stunning Aesthetics with CSS3 Using SVGs for Resolution Independence Transitions, Transformations, and Animations Conquer Forms with HTML5 and CSS3 Approaching a Responsive Web Design
- Learn and explore how to harness the latest features of HTML5 in the context of responsive web design
- Learn to wield the new Flexbox layout mechanism, code responsive images, and understand how to implement SVGs in a responsive project
- Make your pages interactive by using CSS animations, transformations, and transitions
- Understand what responsive design is, and why it's vital for modern web development
- HTML5 markup is cleaner, faster, and more semantically rich than anything that has come before - learn how to use it and its latest features
- Integrate CSS3 media queries into your designs to use different styles for different media. You'll also learn about future media queries which are evolving in CSS4.
- Responsive images allow different images to be presented in different scenarios. We'll cover how to load different sets of images depending upon screen size or resolution and how to display different images in different contexts.
- Conquer forms! Add validation and useful interface elements like date pickers and range sliders with HTML5 markup alone.
- Implement SVGs into your responsive designs to provide resolution independent images, and learn how to adapt and animate them
- Learn how to use the latest features of CSS including custom fonts, nth-child selectors (and some CSS4 selectors), CSS custom properties (variables), and CSS calc
Published by: Packt Publishing | Publication date: 08/24/2015Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 314 pages
Develop mobile-first and adaptive websites that provide the best user experience for a wide range of devicesKey Features
What Is Responsive Web Design What Is Bootstrap, Why We Use It? Reusable Project Template Creating The Introduction Section Creating A Single Page Section Creating A Contact Us Section Creating The Blog Posts Homepage Creating The Individual Post Page Adding A Sidebar To Social Network Creating The Homepage In Our Social Network Creating The User's Profile Page Displaying Thumbnails Of Our Photos Opening Images Using A Light Box
- Rapidly develop and prototype responsive websites by leveraging the power of Bootstrap
- Practice performance optimization techniques to make your site lighter and faster
- Learn responsive web design and discover how to build mobile-ready websites with ease
- Understand what responsive design is, and why it's vital for modern web development
- Customize and extend responsive design frameworks
- Create adaptable templates for all future projects
- Build a semantic website structure with HTML5 elements
- Determine a responsive website persona with CSS3
- Learn how to decide which framework best suits your project specification
- Implement a plethora of Bootstrap features in your websites
Published by: Packt Publishing | Publication date: 12/13/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 292 pages
Découvrez le responsive web design et apprenez à concevoir des sites qui anticipent et répondent aux besoins de vos utilisateurs. Dans cette seconde édition de son ouvrage phare, Ethan Marcotte décrit les principes qui sous-tendent le responsive design – grilles fluides, images flexibles et media queries – et démontre comment proposer une expérience de qualité, quelle que soit la taille de l’écran.Dans cette nouvelle édition : de nouveaux trucs et astuces pour la prise en charge des navigateurs, des solutions pour servir des images, rôle de l’amélioration progressive dans le design web, meilleures méthodes pour gérer la bande passante, etc. De nouveaux exemples et des listings de code méticuleusement révisés.Depuis sa parution qui a révolutionné le monde du web design en 2011, Responsive web design est resté une ressource fondamentale pour quiconque travaille sur le Web.Au sommaire : Principes du responsive design * La grille flexible * Composition flexible * Marges et espacement flexibles * Les images flexibles * Images fluides * Mosaïque d’arrière-plan flexible * Apprenez à aimer overflow * Négociez votre contenu * Les media queries * Plus de réactivité * Au sujet de la compatibilité * Pourquoi la flexibilité ? * Passer au responsive design * Une question de contexte * Mobile first * Vers un responsive workflow * Être « responsive » et responsable * L’amélioration progressive revisitée *
Published by: Eyrolles | Publication date: 02/23/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 168 pages
SummaryThe Responsive Web is an easy-to-read introduction to responsive web design packed with instantly useful tips and techniques, and dozens of examples that show you exactly how to benefit from this valuable approach. You'll learn innovative ways to use what you already know along with design techniques leveraging new HTML5 and CSS3 features.Purchase of the print book includes a free eBook in PDF, Kindle, and ePub formats from Manning Publications.About the BookIn a world of mobile devices, new browsers, and changing standards, each page of your website can require an unmanageably large number of separate designs. Responsive web design is a set of techniques that allow you to design pages that efficiently adapt to whatever device or platform loads them. For web designers and developers and their customers, responsive design can be a big win.The Responsive Web builds on the best practices that have shaken out over a few years of production experience. This concise book skips pure theory and shows you exactly how to make responsive web design work for you in the real world. You'll learn innovative ways to use what you already know along with design techniques leveraging new HTML5 and CSS3 features. Along the way, you'll discover strategies to balance apps and websites, manage browser incompatibilities, and learn when multiple versions are the best option.
Publication date: 05/07/2018Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 168 pages
Responsive web design is all about creating flexible websites that work equally well on phones, tablets, computers, and other devices. The key word here is “flexible”.The CSS flexible box model, known as flexbox, is a new layout tool that can help you build flexible websites painlessly. It is powerful, easy to learn, and easy to use.About This BookFlexbox for Responsive Web Design is a practical guide that explains the principles, benefits, and challenges of responsive web design with flexbox. It has four parts:
- A clear, compact tutorial covering the language of flexbox – core concepts, terminology, and syntax.
- Effective strategies for dealing with older browsers that don’t support flexbox.
- A user-friendly introduction to responsive web design – theory and practice in “aw shucks” language.
- Step-by-step instruction for building responsive web pages with flexbox.
Publication date: 07/17/2016Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 251 pages
- how to handle the viewports of mobile devices
- how to create fluid content, flexible images and liquid layouts
- how to use media queries and breakpoints for flexible layouts
- how to test your mobile websites
- how to create animations with CSS3
- how to transform and rotate elements on your web pages
- how to use masks and filters in CSS
- how to create your CSS faster and more effectively with variables
Published by: The Open Web Learning Institute | Publication date: 11/20/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 251 pages
With an ever increasing choice of Tablets, smart phones and laptops to view the web. There’s now a greater range of screen sizes and associated user experiences to code for.Responsive Web pages provide the best possible content and user experienceThis book will teach you Responsive Web Design with HTML5 and CSS3 in plain no nonse language as easy as ABC. Packed with sample codes,illustrations and images to guide you through the maze and make learning easy and fun-you will learn about all aspects of responsive development includin:Grid layout, media queries, images,and fluid CSS3 layouts
Publication date: 06/17/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 135 pages
Published by: Sams Publishing | Publication date: 11/17/2014Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 384 pages
Deliver an optimal user experience to all devices—including tablets, smartphones, feature phones, laptops, and large screens—by learning the basics of responsive web design. In this hands-on guide, UX designer Clarissa Peterson explains how responsive web design works, and takes you through a responsive workflow from project kickoff to site launch.Ideal for anyone involved in the process of creating websites—not just developers—this book teaches you fundamental strategies and techniques for using HTML and CSS to design websites that not only adapt to any screen size, but also use progressive enhancement to provide a better user experience based on device capabilities such as touchscreens and retina displays.
- Start with content strategy before creating a visual design
- Learn why your default design should be for the narrowest screens
- Explore the HTML elements and CSS properties essential for responsive web design
- Use media queries to display different CSS styles based on a device’s viewport width
- Handle elements such as images, typography, and navigation
- Use performance optimization techniques to make your site lighter and faster
Published by: O'Reilly Media | Publication date: 06/09/2014Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 412 pages
Building powerful and accessible websites and apps using HTML5 and CSS3 is a must if we want to create memorable experiences for our users. In the ever-changing world of web design and development, being proficient in responsive web design is no longer an option: it is mandatory.Each chapter will take you one step closer to becoming an expert in RWD. Right from the start your skills will be pushed as we introduce you to the power of Sass, the CSS preprocessor, to increase the speed of writing repetitive CSS tasks. We’ll then use simple but meaningful HTML examples, and add ARIA roles to increase accessibility. We’ll also cover when desktop-first or mobile-first approaches are ideal, and strategies to implement a mobile-first approach in your HTML builds.After this we will learn how to use an easily scalable CSS grid or, if you prefer, how to use Flexbox instead. We also cover how to implement images and video in both responsive and responsible ways. Finally, we build a solid and elegant typographic scale, and make sure your messages and communications display correctly with responsive emails.
Publication date: 04/28/2018Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 334 pages