Learn the HTML5 and CSS3 you need to help you design responsive and future-proof websites that meet the demands of modern web usersAbout This Book
- Learn and explore how to harness the latest features of HTML5 in the context of responsive web design
- Learn to wield the new Flexbox layout mechanism, code responsive images, and understand how to implement SVGs in a responsive project
- Make your pages interactive by using CSS animations, transformations, and transitions
- Understand what responsive design is, and why it's vital for modern web development
- HTML5 markup is cleaner, faster, and more semantically rich than anything that has come before - learn how to use it and its latest features
- Integrate CSS3 media queries into your designs to use different styles for different media. You’ll also learn about future media queries which are evolving in CSS4.
- Responsive images allow different images to be presented in different scenarios. We’ll cover how to load different sets of images depending upon screen size or resolution and how to display different images in different contexts.
- Conquer forms! Add validation and useful interface elements like date pickers and range sliders with HTML5 markup alone.
- Implement SVGs into your responsive designs to provide resolution independent images, and learn how to adapt and animate them
- Learn how to use the latest features of CSS including custom fonts, nth-child selectors (and some CSS4 selectors), CSS custom properties (variables), and CSS calc
Published by: Packt Publishing | Publication date: 08/24/2015Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 314 pages
Responsive Web Design - "Practical Application", "Practice Makes Perfect" with HTML and CSS: How to Build Web Site
How to create a website compatible with any device with Internet access.- Once you’ve read the book you will learn the mechanism of creating a mobile website and you will be able to use the hints in practice.- One of the greatest benefits from learning the coding is that it teaches you the problem solving skills.- Anyone can learn to programme.
Publication date: 08/31/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 173 pages
Découvrez le responsive web design et apprenez à concevoir des sites qui anticipent et répondent aux besoins de vos utilisateurs. Dans cette seconde édition de son ouvrage phare, Ethan Marcotte décrit les principes qui sous-tendent le responsive design – grilles fluides, images flexibles et media queries – et démontre comment proposer une expérience de qualité, quelle que soit la taille de l’écran.Dans cette nouvelle édition : de nouveaux trucs et astuces pour la prise en charge des navigateurs, des solutions pour servir des images, rôle de l’amélioration progressive dans le design web, meilleures méthodes pour gérer la bande passante, etc. De nouveaux exemples et des listings de code méticuleusement révisés.Depuis sa parution qui a révolutionné le monde du web design en 2011, Responsive web design est resté une ressource fondamentale pour quiconque travaille sur le Web.Au sommaire : Principes du responsive design * La grille flexible * Composition flexible * Marges et espacement flexibles * Les images flexibles * Images fluides * Mosaïque d’arrière-plan flexible * Apprenez à aimer overflow * Négociez votre contenu * Les media queries * Plus de réactivité * Au sujet de la compatibilité * Pourquoi la flexibilité ? * Passer au responsive design * Une question de contexte * Mobile first * Vers un responsive workflow * Être « responsive » et responsable * L’amélioration progressive revisitée *
Published by: Eyrolles | Publication date: 02/23/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 168 pages
This book will lead you, step by step and with illustrative screenshots, through a real example. Are you writing two websites – one for mobile and one for larger displays? Or perhaps you’ve heard of Responsive Design but are unsure how to bring HTML5, CSS3, or responsive design all together. If so, this book provides everything you need to take your web pages to the next level – before all your competitors do!
Published by: Packt Publishing | Publication date: 04/10/2012Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 326 pages
Deliver an optimal user experience to all devices—including tablets, smartphones, feature phones, laptops, and large screens—by learning the basics of responsive web design. In this hands-on guide, UX designer Clarissa Peterson explains how responsive web design works, and takes you through a responsive workflow from project kickoff to site launch.Ideal for anyone involved in the process of creating websites—not just developers—this book teaches you fundamental strategies and techniques for using HTML and CSS to design websites that not only adapt to any screen size, but also use progressive enhancement to provide a better user experience based on device capabilities such as touchscreens and retina displays.
- Start with content strategy before creating a visual design
- Learn why your default design should be for the narrowest screens
- Explore the HTML elements and CSS properties essential for responsive web design
- Use media queries to display different CSS styles based on a device’s viewport width
- Handle elements such as images, typography, and navigation
- Use performance optimization techniques to make your site lighter and faster
Published by: O'Reilly Media | Publication date: 06/09/2014Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 412 pages
For a couple of decades now, designers have used Photoshop to mock up Web page designs. However, that work generally results in a static graphic of the page, which has to be translated by a developer into the components of a Web page: HTML files and Web-compatible image files. Our multi-device world has shown us that this approach to web design, including full-page comps done in Photoshop, is increasingly problematic. Modern web designers are adopting a new approach: creating flexible web pages whose layout can adapt to suit the screen on which they are displayed. This is “Responsive Web Design” [RWD]. Until now, books on designing responsive Web sites have focused on HTML and CSS – in other words, they've been very code-centric, and visual creativity seems to take a back seat. This new book is aimed at the visual Web designer who’s accustomed to working in Photoshop. Adobe Photoshop CC contains many new features that help streamline the process of converting a static page design to a set of components for a responsive web page. Dan Rose is one of the best-known advocates of this new way of working in Photoshop. He’s observed that only a few people are talking about Photoshop for RWD constructively, yet a majority (63% as of his last informal poll) of web designers are using Photoshop for more than simple asset creation. This transition is a pain point for many designers. His new book will balance coverage of conceptual issues (how to fit tools like Photoshop to the design workflow rather than fitting a workflow to the tools) with practical design exercises tailored to help communicate the overall design direction of the page while respecting the needs of the fluid Web. In addition, he will introduce methods for taking HTML back into Photoshop for further refinement.
Published by: Adobe Press | Publication date: 01/12/2015Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 250 pages
Responsive web design is all about creating flexible websites that work equally well on phones, tablets, computers, and other devices. The key word here is “flexible”.The CSS flexible box model, known as flexbox, is a new layout tool that can help you build flexible websites painlessly. It is powerful, easy to learn, and easy to use.About This BookFlexbox for Responsive Web Design is a practical guide that explains the principles, benefits, and challenges of responsive web design with flexbox. It has four parts:
- A clear, compact tutorial covering the language of flexbox – core concepts, terminology, and syntax.
- Effective strategies for dealing with older browsers that don’t support flexbox.
- A user-friendly introduction to responsive web design – theory and practice in “aw shucks” language.
- Step-by-step instruction for building responsive web pages with flexbox.
Publication date: 07/17/2016Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 251 pages
Published by: Sams Publishing | Publication date: 11/17/2014Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 384 pages
Push your HTML and CSS skills to the limit and build professional grade, responsive websitesAbout This Book
- Take your RWD skills to the next level with HTML5 and CSS3 best practices that will give you a solid foundation to build out from
- Harness the power of the CSS pre-processor Sass to speed up the creation of your CSS
- Each chapter dives deep in to different aspects of RWD and is designed to get you up to speed with the latest developments in professional web design
- Install and use Sass with SCSS syntax to create your CSS
- Use HTML5 tags the right way, for the right type of content
- Enhance the experience of users with assistive technology with ARIA roles
- Design with a desktop-first approach, but implement with mobile-first methodology
- Master your layouts by creating your own scalable CSS grid, or using Flexbox for total layout 'flexibility'
- Retrofit your old web sites with your new responsive design skills
- Deal with legacy browsers, and learn how to keep your designs consistent
- Implement widely used responsive patterns, such as the “drawer navigation”, the “off-canvas” and the “flexbox-based” navigation patterns
- Find the best way to serve the right type of image and how to make videos responsive
- Build custom responsive emails to ensure the message gets across regardless of the device
Published by: Packt Publishing | Publication date: 08/24/2015Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 336 pages
Unearth the potential of Bootstrap with step-by-step guidance.About This Book
- An applied guide exploring web application development with Bootstrap 4
- Learn responsive web design and discover how to build mobile-ready websites with ease
- Become an expert in Bootstrap framework, and speed up frontend development and prototyping through real-life examples
- Discover how to use Bootstrap's components and elements, and customize them for your own projects
- Understand the framework's usage in the best way with the recommended development patterns
- Use Sass to customize your existing themes
- Apply the Bootstrap mobile-first grid system and add responsiveness and aesthetic touches to image elements
- Customize the behavior and features of Bootstrap's jQuery Plugins extensively
- Style various types of content and learn how to build a page's layout from scratch by applying the power of Bootstrap 4
- Work with content, such as tables and figures
- Bootstrap by Example – by Silvio Moreto
- Learning Bootstrap 4, Second Edition – by Matt Lambert
- Mastering Bootstrap 4 – by Benjamin Jakobus and Jason Marah
Published by: Packt Publishing | Publication date: 07/06/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 1136 pages