With the advent of responsive techniques, design patterns andoff-the-shelf components, responsive Web design has become more than a technique — but rather a new mindset that requires us all to rethink and extend our practices. Responsive design is also about performance, server-side components, content strategy and conditional loading.With this eBook, you will learn how to go from non-responsive layouts to optimized responsive mobile experiences. We're happy to present techniques to help you overcome outdated practices and set new defaults in your workflow — a new responsive design workflow.TABLE OF CONTENTS- How Much Has The Web Really Changed? - Looking Beyond Common Media Query Breakpoints - Logical Breakpoints For Your Responsive Design - Preparing Websites For The Unexpected - How To Maintain Hierarchy Through Content Choreography - Towards A Retina Web - Building A Better Responsive Website - How To Make Your Websites Faster On Mobile Devices
Published by: Smashing Magazine | Publication date: 05/21/2013Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 157 pages
Leverage the core functionalities of AngularJS, to build responsive single page applicationsAbout This Book
- Get introduced to the key features of AngularJS and understand its role in responsive design
- Learn various approaches for responsive web application development
- Discover practical examples to incorporate responsive web design techniques to build a single page application
- Develop client-side dynamic routing using AngularJS
- Create a custom directive and use it for responsive page development
- Explore the usability of AngularJS routing for responsive web application development
- Get to grips with the basic functionality of using AngularJS to build a web application
- Understand two-way data binding implemented in AngularJS using the digest cycle
- Build AngularJS breakpoint listeners and arrange the page content to implement responsiveness
- Debug AngularJS single page applications
Published by: Packt Publishing | Publication date: 12/17/2014Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 128 pages
Forget fixed-width Photoshop comps, bloated client requirements, and overproduced wireframes. Yesterday’s web design deliverables fail to take into account the demands of responsive solutions. Design workflow hasn’t really changed, but best practices have. This book shows you how to adapt to the new paradigm and create sites for today’s web. Some of the strategies you’ll learn include:
- how to better manage client expectations and development requirements
- a practical approach for designing in the browser
- documentation methods that outperform static Photoshop comps
- a method for visualizing the points where responsive designs change
Published by: New Riders | Publication date: 04/02/2013Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 231 pages
- Learn responsive web design and discover how to build mobile-ready websites with ease
- Find out how to extend the capabilities of Bootstrap with a huge range of tools and plugins, including jQuery
- Empower yourself with Bootstrap’s mobile-first paradigm for create elegant responsive sites
- Customize Bootstrap to work for your individual needs right from installation
- Integrate LESS and get familiar with Base CSS to make your web pages beautiful
- Get hands-on with Bootstrap’s grid system and custom components for building robust and responsive pages
- Discover jQuery plugins for improving the user experience of your Bootstrap site
- Explore and implement the wealth of resources available for building with Bootstrap through the Bootstrap technical hub
- Put theory into practice by constructing an e-commerce site using modern web development techniques
Published by: Packt Publishing | Publication date: 12/23/2014Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 206 pages
- Address performance issues by starting with Podjarny’s default guidelines
- Prioritize resources to avoid excess content in RWD and defer the load of any content that’s not critical
- Explore server-side Adaptive Delivery and RESS solutions as an alternative to “pure” RWD
Published by: O'Reilly Media | Publication date: 08/01/2014Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 56 pages
* Why This Book *CSS (Cascading Style Sheet), the styling language used for websites, since its inception in 1996 has come a long way. Its latest incarnation is CSS3 that is completely compatible with the earlier specifications of CSS. This book is aimed at those who just started working on web design, CSS programming in particular. After completing this book, you would be able to style any website.* What You Will Learn *This book will teach you to create complex layouts, effects, animations, transitions, transformations, and much more with CSS code. The CSS properties are explained with examples and screen captures. You will gain skills by completing the exercises provided in the book.* How This Book Is Structured * This book contains 10 units, 200+ code listings, and 15 hands-on exercises. Exercises [30+] are given at the end of the each chapter for practice. The following table summarizes the content of the book.*TOC*Unit CS1: Getting Started with CSS This unit stats with the introduction of CSS and CSS syntax. You will learn to create and apply CSS styles.Unit CS2: Identifying what to Select – Selectors This unit deals with selectors. In the Unit, core CSS selectors are explained.Unit CS3: Working with the Box Model This unit explains the box model and the properties that are used to style the box.Unit CS4: Working with the Borders and Backgrounds This unit explain the techniques to create borders around boxes to properly visualize the padding and margin spaces.Unit CS5: Working with Color This unit deals with colors. You will learn to set foreground color, background color, and opacity for the elements.Unit CS6: Formatting Text The formatting of text is very important to create a webpage that appeals. In this unit, you will learn to use of the properties that you can use to format text.Unit CS7: Styling Lists, Table, Forms, and Cursors In this unit, you will learn how to change appearance of the unit elements, format tables, and specify bullet point styles for the lists.Unit CS8: Creating Layout In this unit teaches you how to control the position of the element on a page and how to create different types of layouts using CSS including the multicolumn layout.Unit CS9: Animation, Transformations, and Transitions This unit deals with animation, transformations, and transitions. You will learn how to apply animation to the elements of a page using CSS.Unit CS10: Media Queries This units deals with presenting content to all devices such as desktops, mobile phones, and tablets using media-queries.Unit HOECS1: CSS Hands-on Exercises This unit contains 11 hands-on exercises on CSS3 styling. Unit HOEHT1: HTML Hands-on Exercises This unit contains 4 hands-on exercises on creating HTML layouts using CSS3.Unit CSA: Self-Evaluation Test The purpose of the evaluation test is to evaluate the skills you have gained during this course. Attempt the test and send answers to the author. On successful completion of the test, you will be awarded a certification of completion.* What are the main features of the book? *• Beautifully designed and formatted units with screen shots and illustrations to help you quickly learnCSS programming.• Less theory more practical. Saves many hours of struggle and pain.• The important terms are italicized and color coded so that you never miss them.• Covers CSS3 using HTML5 template.• Additional information in form of tip, and notes.• Color PDF of images used in the book.• 10 units written in an easy to understand language.• 200+ code listings, and 15 hands-on exercises.• 30+ exercises for practice.• Full source code included.• Self-Evaluation Test and certificate of completion.More info: bit.ly/css3crashcourse
Published by: Team Htmleceous | Publication date: 03/12/2016Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 322 pages
“Style is a magic wand, and turns everything to gold that it touches”. We truly believe that. Our "Learn Basic CSS3" will tell you how to hold this magic wand to make your web site shining in the web sphere. This book will reveal all the new coolest features that offer by CSS's latest version CSS3. You will totally be in love with this whole new styling experience. Ready meet the king of styling websites? Here's what inside the book.- Giving a new appearance for borders and backgrounds- Tips and Tricks when using Texts and Fonts- Transformations in 3D and 2D space- Just by code Animations- Layouting with columns and outlines And many more secrets with code segments and demonstrations in an easy to read way.
Published by: Let's Design n Develop | Publication date: 12/21/2014Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 82 pages
HTML5 is more than a markup language—it’s a collection of several independent web standards. Fortunately, this expanded guide covers everything you need in one convenient place. With step-by-step tutorials and real-world examples, HTML5: The Missing Manual shows you how to build web apps that include video tools, dynamic graphics, geolocation, offline features, and responsive layouts for mobile devices.The important stuff you need to know:
- Structure web pages more effectively. Learn how HTML5 helps web design tools and search engines work smarter.
- Add audio and video without plugins. Build playback pages that work in every browser.
- Create stunning visuals with Canvas. Draw shapes, pictures, and text; play animations; and run interactive games.
- Jazz up your pages with CSS3. Add fancy fonts and eye-catching effects with transitions and animation.
- Design better web forms. Collect information from visitors more efficiently with HTML5 form elements.
- Build it once, run it everywhere. Use responsive design to make your site look good on desktops, tablets, and smartphones.
- Include rich desktop features. Build self-sufficient web apps that work offline and store the data users need.
Published by: O'Reilly Media | Publication date: 12/17/2013Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 518 pages
About This Book
- Explore the process of combining responsive patterns together to fit the needs of your own website or project
- Organize your projects by creating responsive pattern libraries and manage unruly design systems as they grow
- Break down the best responsive websites to their patterns and learn how to build them in your own projects
- Gain knowledge of the pros and cons of popular responsive patterns
- Know how to combine patterns to create unique solutions for your own projects
- Understand the benefits of creating a pattern library and learn how to use it efficiently
- Pay attention to detail by reviewing commonly forgotten responsive elements, such as typography
- See real-world examples of these patterns being used by popular websites such as Disney, NASA, and many more
- Review techniques and best practices when it comes to building responsive websites
Published by: Packt Publishing | Publication date: 11/26/2015Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 168 pages
In DetailResponsive web design is an explosive area of growth in modern web development due to the huge volume of different device sizes and resolutions that are now commercially available. You can now create your very own responsive website quickly and efficiently, allowing you to showcase your content in a format that will work on any device with an Internet browser.By following our detailed step-by-step instructions in this structured reference guide, you will learn how you can build engaging responsive websites. With coverage of Bootstrap, Skeleton, and Zurb Foundation you'll learn about three of the most powerful responsive frameworks available today.Leading you through by practical example, you'll find that this essential reference develops your understanding by actually helping you create beautiful websites step by step in front of your very eyes. After going over the basics, you'll be able to choose between creating your own responsive portfolio page with Skeleton, building a stunning product page with Bootstrap, or setting up your own professional business website with Zurb Foundation. Ultimately you'll learn how to decide which framework is right for you, and how you can deploy and customize it to your exact specifications!ApproachWritten as a concise yet practical guide with an explicit focus on showing beginners how to get their very own responsive websites up and running, this essential reference includes coverage of tried-and-tested responsive frameworks in a project-based format that simultaneously provides visible results whilst developing core understanding.Who this book is forIdeal for anybody who wants their online presence to be compatible with devices and resolutions of any size, "Responsive Web Design by Example" shows you how to select the right framework for your own project requirements and then guides you through the process of installation, configuration, and customization. With three highly structured and meticulously designed projects to choose from, it is the ideal reference for both new and existing web developers who want to be able to augment their skills and showcase their content in a truly professional manner.
Published by: Packt Publishing | Publication date: 03/20/2013Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 340 pages