CSS lets you create professional-looking websites, but learning its finer points can be tricky—even for seasoned web developers. This fully updated edition provides the most modern and effective tips, tricks, and tutorial-based instruction on CSS available today. Learn how to use new tools such as Flexbox and Sass to build web pages that look great and run fast on any desktop or mobile device. Ideal for casual and experienced designers alike.The important stuff you need to know:
- Start with the basics. Write CSS-friendly HTML, including the HTML5 tags recognized by today’s browsers.
- Design for mobile devices. Create web pages that look great when visitors use them on the go.
- Make your pages work for you. Add animations that capture the imagination, and forms that get the job done.
- Take control of page layouts. Use professional design techniques such as floats and positioning.
- Make your layouts more flexible. Design websites with Flexbox that adjust to different devices and screen sizes.
- Work more efficiently. Write less CSS code and work with smaller files, using Syntactically Awesome Stylesheets (Sass).
Published by: O'Reilly Media | Publication date: 08/13/2015Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 720 pages
Published by: New Riders | Publication date: 11/21/2015Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 264 pages
Forget fixed-width Photoshop comps, bloated client requirements, and overproduced wireframes. Yesterday’s web design deliverables fail to take into account the demands of responsive solutions. Design workflow hasn’t really changed, but best practices have. This book shows you how to adapt to the new paradigm and create sites for today’s web. Some of the strategies you’ll learn include:
- how to better manage client expectations and development requirements
- a practical approach for designing in the browser
- documentation methods that outperform static Photoshop comps
- a method for visualizing the points where responsive designs change
Published by: New Riders | Publication date: 04/02/2013Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 231 pages
Design robust, powerful, and above all, modern websites across all manner of devices with ease using HTML5 and CSS3About This Book
- Use Responsive Grid System, Bootstrap, and Foundation frameworks for responsive web design
- Learn how to use the latest features of CSS including custom fonts, nth-child selectors (and some CSS4 selectors), CSS custom properties (variables), and CSS calc
- Make a mobile website using jQuery mobile and mobile-first design
- Build a semantic website structure with HTML5 elements
- Use Bower to organize website dependencies
- Make responsive media that is optimized for the specific device on which it's displayed, allowing images, videos, and other elements be fully appreciated
- Make typography that's fluidly responsive, so it's easy to read on all devices—no more hard-to-see text on a tiny mobile screen
- Get to know techniques for server-side and client-side media deployment, providing platforms that are scaled for any device that requests them
- Responsive Web Design by Example: Beginner's Guide - Second Edition by Thoriq Firdaus
- Responsive Web Design with HTML5 and CSS3 - Second Edition by Ben Frain
- HTML5 and CSS3 Responsive Web Design Cookbook by Benjamin LaGrone
Published by: Packt Publishing | Publication date: 10/25/2016Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 231 pages
In DetailThe Internet is going mobile. Desktop computer sales keep falling as the mobile device marketplace burgeons. Web development methods are rapidly changing to adapt to this new trend. HTML5 and CSS3 Responsive Web Design Cookbook, for all of today’s wireless Internet devices, gives developers a new toolbox for staying connected with this on-the-run demographic.HTML5 and CSS3 Responsive Web Design Cookbook is the programmer’s resource for generating websites that effortlessly interface with modern mobile devices. Using its clear instructions you can create responsive applications that make snappy connections for mobile browsers and give your website the latest design and development advantages for reaching mobile devices.HTML5 and CSS3 Responsive Web Design Cookbook is full of how-to recipes for site enhancements and optimizing your sites for the latest devices and the mobile Web.You will learn how to make images automatically respond to page size, make responsive menus, embed responsive videos and take advantage of a number of responsive typography techniques.We’ll then move on to creating layouts using frameworks making captivating responsive sites and retrofit frameworks into responsive websites with just a few lines of CSS.HTML5 and CSS3 Responsive Web Design Cookbook is your guide to obtaining full access to next generation devices and browser technology.ApproachAs a Cookbook, we are targeting existing developers who need to pick and choose specific recipes in order to help their websites become accessible (and usable) regardless of screen size, device, or browser.Who this book is forHTML5 and CSS3 Responsive Web Design Cookbook, for all of today’s wireless Internet devices, is for web developers seeking innovative techniques that deliver fast, intuitive interfacing for the latest mobile Internet devices.
Published by: Packt Publishing | Publication date: 07/10/2013Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 206 pages
About This Book
- Explore the process of combining responsive patterns together to fit the needs of your own website or project
- Organize your projects by creating responsive pattern libraries and manage unruly design systems as they grow
- Break down the best responsive websites to their patterns and learn how to build them in your own projects
- Gain knowledge of the pros and cons of popular responsive patterns
- Know how to combine patterns to create unique solutions for your own projects
- Understand the benefits of creating a pattern library and learn how to use it efficiently
- Pay attention to detail by reviewing commonly forgotten responsive elements, such as typography
- See real-world examples of these patterns being used by popular websites such as Disney, NASA, and many more
- Review techniques and best practices when it comes to building responsive websites
Published by: Packt Publishing | Publication date: 11/26/2015Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 168 pages
- Why responsive design is becoming so popular, and how to develop for it
- How to structure your HTML for responsive development
- How to use media queries to optimize the look and feel of your site
- What grid systems are, why you should use them, and the options available
Published by: Apress | Publication date: 08/25/2014Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 316 pages
WordPress is a free and open source blogging tool, which runs on a web hosting service. It is used to implement responsive themes, to make WordPress sites optimized for mobile devices.This book will teach you how to design and develop your very own responsive WordPress theme and also submit your theme to the WordPress.org repository. The book starts with an introduction to the Responsive Web Design concepts and techniques. Then, it explains how to set up a local WordPress environment and also helps you understand the structure of the WordPress theme. Finally, we learn to create responsive comments in WordPress and also have a look at static pages and index templates. By the end of this book, you will have a better understanding of responsive theme development in WordPress and a WordPress Codex.
Published by: Packt Publishing | Publication date: 06/30/2015Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 228 pages
The Principles of Beautiful Web Design is the ideal book for people who can build websites, but are seeking the skills and knowledge to visually enhance their sites.This book will teach you how to:
- Understand what makes "good design," from discovery through to implementation
- Use color effectively, develop color schemes, and create a palette
- Create pleasing layouts using grids, the rule of thirds, and symmetry
- Employ textures: lines, points, shapes, volumes, and depth
- Apply typography to make ordinary designs look great
- Choose, edit, and position effective imagery
- Updated and expanded coverage of mobile and responsive web design (RWD)
- A new sample project
- New sections on user interface and icon design
- Common user-interface patterns and resources
Published by: SitePoint | Publication date: 06/17/2014Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 220 pages
Responsive design is a default these days, but we are all still figuring out just the right process and techniques to better craft responsive websites. That’s why Smashing Magazine created a new book — to gather practical techniques and strategies from people who have learned how to get things done right, in actual projects with actual real-world challenges.The Smashing Book 5: Real-Life Responsive Web Design is Smashing Magazine’s brand new book with smart front-end techniques and design patterns derived from real-life responsive projects. Part 2 features 8 chapters on web fonts, responsive images, responsive email, debugging, performance and offline experience, — just what you need to master all the tricky facets and hurdles of responsive design.Written by Andrew Clarke, Bram Stein, Fabio Carneiro, John Allsopp, Matt Gaunt, Tom Maslen, Yoav Weis and Vitaly Friedman.Please note that the corresponding Part 1 of Smashing Book 5 is also available with even more responsive web design tips and tricks — among others on responsive workflow, SVG, Flexbox, content strategy and design patterns.TABLE OF CONTENTS:•A Responsive Way Forward — written by Vitaly Friedman•Web Fonts Performance — written by Bram Stein•Responsive Images — written by Yoav Weiss•Testing And Debugging Responsive Web Design — written by Tom Maslen•Responsive Email Design — written by Fabio Carneiro•Performance Optimization Roadmap — written by Vitaly Friedman•Beyond Responsive: Optimizing For Offiline — written by John Allsopp and Matt Gaunt•Counting Stars: Creativity Over Predictability — written by Andrew Clarke
Published by: Smashing Magazine | Publication date: 06/24/2015Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 424 pages