Want to improve the design of your website or web application without having to write CSS styles from scratch?Learning web development is a lot more challenging than it used to be. Responsive web design adds more layers of complexity to design and develop websites. In this book you will become familiar with the new cards component, setting up the new flexbox grid layout, customizing the look and feel, how to follow the mobile-first development workflow, and more!Web designer and developer Jacob Lett has built 100+ websites and WordPress themes. Let him show you exactly how to build responsive layouts that look great in every browser and device. He shares what you can't learn from the official documentation... the process of actually building a full web design layout.This book is focused on the workflow and does not duplicate what you can already find in the official documentation. This book will show you how to reference the documentation and use it effectively in your projects.BONUS: Includes a link to download a free cheat sheets bundle and a 1 hour training video.Who is this for?
- You're a web development beginner and want to learn how to become a developer.
- You learned HTML5 & CSS3 but are new to responsive web design basics.
- You have used Bootstrap before but want to learn new techniques and workflow.
- Learn what responsive web design is, the history behind it, and how the Bootstrap 4 frontend framework makes it easier to implement.
- Learn the web design process and how to build a website using Bootstrap 4.
- Learn what's new in Bootstrap 4 with a deep focus on CSS3 Flexbox, Cards, and the responsive grid layout.
- Responsive Marketing Homepage - Topics covered: responsive images, image cards, parallax background images, Google fonts, carousel cross-fade, and vertical centered text.
- Bootstrap Admin Dashboard - Topics covered: 100% height sidebar, card deck, FontAwesome icons, responsive charts and tables, and custom navigation tree menu.
- Learn by doing as you build two professional responsive layouts examples step-by-step.
- Focused on the workflow vs duplicating what you can find in the official documentation. This book will show you how to reference the documentation and use it effectively in your projects.
- Uses hyperlinks to point to code demos, snippets, videos, and external resources.
- Some experience with HTML coding and CSS is helpful but not necessary.
- Does not require knowing Sass, command line, or Photoshop.
- A computer with Google Chrome.
- A text editor like Atom and an internet connection.
Published by: Bootstrap Creative | Publication date: 03/20/2018Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 141 pages
The Principles of Beautiful Web Design is the ideal book for people who can build websites, but are seeking the skills and knowledge to visually enhance their sites.This book will teach you how to:
- Understand what makes "good design," from discovery through to implementation
- Use color effectively, develop color schemes, and create a palette
- Create pleasing layouts using grids, the rule of thirds, and symmetry
- Employ textures: lines, points, shapes, volumes, and depth
- Apply typography to make ordinary designs look great
- Choose, edit, and position effective imagery
- Updated and expanded coverage of mobile and responsive web design (RWD)
- A new sample project
- New sections on user interface and icon design
- Common user-interface patterns and resources
Published by: SitePoint | Publication date: 06/17/2014Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 212 pages
For a couple of decades now, designers have used Photoshop to mock up Web page designs. However, that work generally results in a static graphic of the page, which has to be translated by a developer into the components of a Web page: HTML files and Web-compatible image files. Our multi-device world has shown us that this approach to web design, including full-page comps done in Photoshop, is increasingly problematic. Modern web designers are adopting a new approach: creating flexible web pages whose layout can adapt to suit the screen on which they are displayed. This is “Responsive Web Design” [RWD]. Until now, books on designing responsive Web sites have focused on HTML and CSS – in other words, they've been very code-centric, and visual creativity seems to take a back seat. This new book is aimed at the visual Web designer who’s accustomed to working in Photoshop. Adobe Photoshop CC contains many new features that help streamline the process of converting a static page design to a set of components for a responsive web page. Dan Rose is one of the best-known advocates of this new way of working in Photoshop. He’s observed that only a few people are talking about Photoshop for RWD constructively, yet a majority (63% as of his last informal poll) of web designers are using Photoshop for more than simple asset creation. This transition is a pain point for many designers. His new book will balance coverage of conceptual issues (how to fit tools like Photoshop to the design workflow rather than fitting a workflow to the tools) with practical design exercises tailored to help communicate the overall design direction of the page while respecting the needs of the fluid Web. In addition, he will introduce methods for taking HTML back into Photoshop for further refinement.
Published by: Adobe Press | Publication date: 01/12/2015Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 250 pages
Do you want to build web pages, but have no previous experience? This friendly guide is the perfect place to start. You’ll begin at square one, learning how the Web and web pages work, and then steadily build from there. By the end of the book, you’ll have the skills to create a simple site with multi-column pages that adapt for mobile devices.Learn how to use the latest techniques, best practices, and current web standards—including HTML5 and CSS3. Each chapter provides exercises to help you to learn various techniques, and short quizzes to make sure you understand key concepts.This thoroughly revised edition is ideal for students and professionals of all backgrounds and skill levels, whether you’re a beginner or brushing up on existing skills.
- Build HTML pages with text, links, images, tables, and forms
- Use style sheets (CSS) for colors, backgrounds, formatting text, page layout, and even simple animation effects
- Learn about the new HTML5 elements, APIs, and CSS3 properties that are changing what you can do with web pages
- Make your pages display well on mobile devices by creating a responsive web design
- Create and optimize web graphics so they’ll download as quickly as possible
Published by: O'Reilly Media | Publication date: 08/07/2012Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 624 pages
About This Book
- Explore the process of combining responsive patterns together to fit the needs of your own website or project
- Organize your projects by creating responsive pattern libraries and manage unruly design systems as they grow
- Break down the best responsive websites to their patterns and learn how to build them in your own projects
- Gain knowledge of the pros and cons of popular responsive patterns
- Know how to combine patterns to create unique solutions for your own projects
- Understand the benefits of creating a pattern library and learn how to use it efficiently
- Pay attention to detail by reviewing commonly forgotten responsive elements, such as typography
- See real-world examples of these patterns being used by popular websites such as Disney, NASA, and many more
- Review techniques and best practices when it comes to building responsive websites
Published by: Packt Publishing | Publication date: 11/26/2015Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 168 pages
Practical Web Design: Learn the fundamentals of web design with HTML5, CSS3, Bootstrap, jQuery, and Vue.js
A step by step guide for beginners to create interactive and dynamic websites from scratch.Key Features
Evolution of Web Design Web Design and its Components Website Designing Workflow Responsive Versus Adaptive Design Learning HTML5 Learning CSS3 Project on Building Our Own Website Making Our Website Responsive Adding Interaction and Dynamic Contents Optimizing and Launching Our Website What Is Bootstrap? Building a Website with Bootstrap Introduction to Client-Side Rendering Tools to Help Your Workflow
- A fun-filled book with incrementing projects that would help you learn and adapt the fundamentals of web development
- Bring your web design to life with the help of HTML, CSS, JQuery, and learn to kick-start your future projects with Bootstrap
- Explore popular web development techniques such as responsive, adaptive, and material design and initiate yourself with Vue.js
- Understand the importance of web design and the basic design components
- Learn HTML5 and CSS3
- Difference between adaptive and responsive web design
- Learn how to create your first website
- Implement Bootstrap Framework in your project
- Get familiar with server-side rendering
Published by: Packt Publishing | Publication date: 04/30/2018Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 368 pages
New devices and platforms emerge daily. Browsers iterate at a remarkable pace. Faced with this volatile landscape we can either struggle for control or we can embrace the inherent flexibility of the web. Responsive design is not just another technique–it is the beginning of the maturation of a medium and a fundamental shift in the way we think about the web. Implementing Responsive Design is a practical examination of how this fundamental shift affects the way we design and build our sites. Readers will learn how to:
- Build responsive sites using a combination of fluid layouts, media queries, and fluid media
- Adopt a responsive workflow from the very start of a project
- Enhance content for different devices
- Use feature-detection and server-side enhancement to provide a richer experience
Published by: New Riders | Publication date: 07/30/2012Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 283 pages
Unearth the potential of Bootstrap with step-by-step guidance.About This Book
- An applied guide exploring web application development with Bootstrap 4
- Learn responsive web design and discover how to build mobile-ready websites with ease
- Become an expert in Bootstrap framework, and speed up frontend development and prototyping through real-life examples
- Discover how to use Bootstrap's components and elements, and customize them for your own projects
- Understand the framework's usage in the best way with the recommended development patterns
- Use Sass to customize your existing themes
- Apply the Bootstrap mobile-first grid system and add responsiveness and aesthetic touches to image elements
- Customize the behavior and features of Bootstrap's jQuery Plugins extensively
- Style various types of content and learn how to build a page's layout from scratch by applying the power of Bootstrap 4
- Work with content, such as tables and figures
- Bootstrap by Example – by Silvio Moreto
- Learning Bootstrap 4, Second Edition – by Matt Lambert
- Mastering Bootstrap 4 – by Benjamin Jakobus and Jason Marah
Published by: Packt Publishing | Publication date: 07/06/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 1136 pages
For whom is this book?For people who want to learn html and css programming languages in a practical web page design. At the beginning of the book I discuss the theories and the basics of html, and then we go to the web page for mobile devices. I am currently explaining the new lines of code that we use.I lead the reader by the hand and easily explain the new knowledge, so that every reader understand and in the future could use this skill. I also provide useful tools to help you write web pages. The book is directed for beginners who start their adventure and people with knowledge of html but, but they cannot make an entire page for all devices. After reading and understanding, you will be able to write a responsive website.
Publication date: 08/31/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 223 pages
- Explore MySQL, from database structure to complex queries
- Use the MySQLi extension, PHP’s improved MySQL interface
- Create dynamic PHP web pages that tailor themselves to the user
- Manage cookies and sessions and maintain a high level of security
- Use Ajax calls for background browser-server communication
- Style your web pages by acquiring CSS2 and CSS3 skills
- Implement HTML5 features, including geolocation, audio, video, and the canvas element
- Reformat your websites into mobile web apps
Published by: O'Reilly Media | Publication date: 05/09/2018Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 832 pages