The Lean Six Sigma Pocket Toolbook: A Quick Reference Guide to Nearly 100 Tools for Improving Quality and Speed
Vital tools for implementing Lean Six Sigma--what they are, how they work, and which to use The Lean Six Sigma Pocket Toolbook is today's most complete and results-based reference to the tools and concepts needed to understand, implement, and leverage Lean Six Sigma. The only guide that groups tools by purpose and use, this hands-on reference provides:
- Analyses of nearly 100 tools and methodologies--from DMAIC and Pull Systems to Control Charts and Pareto Charts
- Detailed explanations of each tool to help you know how, when, and why to use it for maximum efficacy
- Sections for each tool explaining how to create it, how to interpret what you find, and expert tips
Published by: McGraw-Hill Education | Publication date: 10/13/2004Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 225 pages
This is the eBook of the printed book and may not include any media, website access codes, or print supplements that may come packaged with the bound book. This practical, student-focused text shows how to focus all of an organization’s resources on continuous and simultaneous improvement of quality and productivity — thereby continually improving both performance and competitiveness. QUALITY MANAGEMENT FOR ORGANIZATIONAL EXCELLENCE: INTRODUCTION TO TOTAL QUALITY, 7/e coherently addresses all elements of quality management, including Lean, Six Sigma, Lean Six Sigma, and many topics that competitive books overlook (e.g., peak performance, partnering, manufacturing networks, culture, and crucial “people” aspects of quality). Direct and straightforward, it links “big picture” theories and principles to detailed real-world strategies and techniques. Throughout, critical thinking activities, discussion assignments, and research links promote deeper thinking and further exploration. This edition adds all-new cases, plus new information on topics ranging from supervision to certification, QFD and SPC to benchmarking and JIT.
Published by: Pearson | Publication date: 06/19/2012Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 480 pages
Craft beer sales are flourishing across the U.S. and without a continual emphasis on producing the highest quality beer, the health of the entire craft brewing industry is in jeopardy. Proper quality management for small, regional, and national breweries is critical. This guidebook decodes how to create and manage a quality system in a brewery. Written for staff who manage quality in breweries of all types and sizes—new and established alike—this book affords an understanding of how quality management is integrated into every level of the operation. Whether you are lab staff, production staff, part of a quality team, or a brewmaster wearing many hats, this book will help you develop a comprehensive program that will grow with your brewery and help ensure quality processes along the way—so you can continue to provide great beer for your fans.
Published by: Brewers Publications | Publication date: 10/07/2015Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 200 pages
This handy guide provides the basic terms, concepts, and tools for defining, measuring, and managing quality.
Published by: McGraw-Hill Education | Publication date: 12/30/2005Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 320 pages
Total quality management (TQM) is a term initially coined by the Naval Air Systems Command to describe its management approach to quality improvement. It has since taken on many meanings. Simply put, TQM is a management approach to long-term success through customer satisfaction. It is based on the participation of all members of an organization in improving processes, products, services, and the culture they work in.This concise introduction to and overview provides:•The primary elements of TQM•History•Guidelines for implementing, including common problems•A synopsis of Deming’s 14 points, considered by many to be the primary basis for TQM•Benefits of TQM•TQM’s impact and influence on other management strategies, including ISO 9001, Baldrige, and Six Sigma•Links to additional resources to learn more about TQM: books, standards, certifications, and articlesPerfect for management students and others first learning about TQM, and also for experts wanting a succinct reference to have in their digital libraries.
Published by: ASQ Quality Press | Publication date: 05/02/2013Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 22 pages
How to speed up business processes, improve quality, and cut costs in any industryIn factories around the world, Toyota consistently makes the highest-quality cars with the fewest defects of any competing manufacturer, while using fewer man-hours, less on-hand inventory, and half the floor space of its competitors. The Toyota Way is the first book for a general audience that explains the management principles and business philosophy behind Toyota's worldwide reputation for quality and reliability.Complete with profiles of organizations that have successfully adopted Toyota's principles, this book shows managers in every industry how to improve business processes by:
- Eliminating wasted time and resources
- Building quality into workplace systems
- Finding low-cost but reliable alternatives to expensive new technology
- Producing in small quantities
- Turning every employee into a qualitycontrol inspector
Published by: McGraw-Hill Education | Publication date: 12/22/2003Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 330 pages
The name W. Edwards Deming is synonymous with the most insightful views, ideas, and commentary on management and quality control. Referred to as "the high prophet of quality" by the New York Times, Deming was instrumental in the spectacular rise of Japanese industry after World War II and influenced many of the world's most innovative managers in the ensuing decades. His original ideas led directly to the creation of relationships with suppliers and a plethora of quality initiatives. Now, with The Essential Deming, Fordham University professor and Deming expert Joyce Orsini draws on a wealth of previously unavailable material to present the legendary thinker's most important management principles in one indispensable volume. The book is filled with articles, papers, lectures, and notes touching on a wide range of topics, but which focus on Deming's overriding message: quality and operations are all about systems, not individual performance; the system has to be designed so that the worker can perform well. The Essential Deming reveals Deming's unique insight about:
- How poor management infects an entire organization
- The critical importance of management on producing quality products and services
- Improving management in any company
- The effective management of people--the manager's single most important task
- How to educate workers into critical thinkers
- Ways to preserve statistical integrity while dealing with real-world problems
Published by: McGraw-Hill Education | Publication date: 10/12/2012Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 337 pages
Say hello to the one resource that gives you access to both quality management and quality control information for all major imaging modalities. Updated with new legislative content, advances in imaging technology, and current ACR accreditation requirements, Papp’s Quality Management in the Imaging Sciences, 5th Edition features step-by-step QM procedures complete with full-size evaluation forms and instructions on how to evaluate equipment and document results. It is a great tool to help you for the ARRT Advanced Level Examination in Quality Management. "...the book does give a good overview of quality in imaging and to physicists performing controls it will be a valuable handbook." Reviewed by Jonn Terje Geitung on behalf of Journal of Acta Radiologica, April 2015
- Special icon identifies federal standards throughout the text to alert you to government regulations important to quality management.
- Updated material reflects content changes in the ARRT Quality Management Examination and better prepares you to pass the ARRT Advanced Level Examination in Quality Management.
- Includes QM for all imaging sciences so you can access QM information for all imaging modalities with just one resource.
- Step-by-step QM procedures offer instructions on how to evaluate equipment, and full-sized sample evaluation forms offer practice in documenting results.
- Strong pedagogy aids in comprehension.
- A practice exam on Evolve includes 200 randomizable practice exam questions for the ARRT advanced certification examination in QM, and includes answers with rationales.
- Student experiments on Evolve let you complete lab assignments and print out answers on a computer, and save instructors time because they do not have to create their own lab assignments.
- Instructor resources on Evolve make the text easier than ever for instructors to use.
- NEW! Updated quality management tools and procedures offer current practice guidelines and information.
- NEW! Coverage of new technologies, like cassette-based and cassette-less digital systems and wireless DR systems, helps improve familiarity with technological advances in radiography.
- UPDATED! Renovated Digital Image Receptors and Advanced Imaging Equipment chapter presents material more efficiently and includes the most current technology and practices.
- EXPANDED! Digital artifacts content increases familiarity with technological advances and adherence to necessary accreditation standards.
- UPDATED! Renovated Mammographic Quality Standard chapter reflects changes in technology and provides an overview of the latest technological practices.
- NEW! Content on CT exposure and the Image Gently program emphasizes safe and necessary imaging practices.
- NEW! Legislative content on Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), ICD-10 Coding, Health Information Exchanges, the Affordable Care Act, and MIPPA provides updates for legislative and relevant industry practices and concerns.
- NEW! Updated ACR accreditation requirements in CT and MRI improve practice compliance and understanding of necessary ACR accreditation requirement changes.
Published by: Mosby | Publication date: 09/30/2014Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 392 pages
The definitive guide to organizational excellence--completely updated Fully revised for the latest American Society for Quality (ASQ) Certified Manager of Quality/Organizational Excellence (CMQ/QE) Body of Knowledge, The Handbook for Quality Management: A Complete Guide to Operational Excellence, Second Edition offers in-depth guidance on effectively applying the principles of quality management in today's business environment and delivering superior results. Designed to help you prepare for and pass the ASQ CMQ/QE exam, this authoritative volume also serves as an essential on-the-job reference. Coverage includes:
- Business-integrated quality systems
- Organizational structures
- The quality function
- Approaches to quality
- Customer-focused organizations
- Integrated planning
- Strategic planning
- Understanding customer expectations and needs
- Organizational assessment
- Process control
- Quantifying process variation
- Quality audits
- Supply chain management
- Continuous improvement
- Effective change management
- Six Sigma methodology, including detailed descriptions of the DMAIC and DMADV approaches
- Management of human resources
- Motivation theories and principles
- Management styles
- Resource requirements to manage the quality function
- Clearly defines quality management principles and their application within a cross section of industries
- Integrates the application of Theory of Constraints, Six Sigma, and Lean thinking into the Quality Management discipline
- Contains detailed methods for planning, including customer needs recognition, benchmarking, and organizational assessments
- Discusses controls such as statistical process control, audits, and supply chain management
- Explains the stages of continuous improvement
- Incorporates classic motivation theory with more current management practices advocated by Joiner, Senge, and Deming, among others
- Features simulated and past exam questions to help you study for the ASQ CMQ/OE exam with answers that can be found at www.mhprofessional.com/HQM2
Published by: McGraw-Hill Education | Publication date: 12/14/2012Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 512 pages