Craft beer sales are flourishing across the U.S. and without a continual emphasis on producing the highest quality beer, the health of the entire craft brewing industry is in jeopardy. Proper quality management for small, regional, and national breweries is critical. This guidebook decodes how to create and manage a quality system in a brewery. Written for staff who manage quality in breweries of all types and sizes—new and established alike—this book affords an understanding of how quality management is integrated into every level of the operation. Whether you are lab staff, production staff, part of a quality team, or a brewmaster wearing many hats, this book will help you develop a comprehensive program that will grow with your brewery and help ensure quality processes along the way—so you can continue to provide great beer for your fans.
Published by: Brewers Publications | Publication date: 10/07/2015Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 196 pages
This is the eBook of the printed book and may not include any media, website access codes, or print supplements that may come packaged with the bound book. For courses in quality management, quality engineering, quality technology, and continuous process improvement in universities, colleges, community colleges, and corporate environments A comprehensive, practical look at how to become an effective quality manager and decision maker focused on improving the quality of people, processes, products, and the work environment on a continual basis Current and future quality managers and decision makers gain the knowledge and skills they need to achieve organizational excellence. With a focus on continually developing the quality of people, processes, products, and the work environment, it covers all pertinent quality-related topics, including: an overview of quality, quality and global competitiveness, strategic alliances, establishing a culture of quality, customer satisfaction and quality, employee empowerment, leadership and change management, team building and teamwork, education and training for quality, overcoming internal politics and conflict, quality tools, problem solving and decision making, quality function deployment, statistical process control, continual improvement methods, such as six sigma, lean, and lean six sigma), benchmarking, just-in-time/lean manufacturing, and implementing quality. The new edition features an improved artwork package; updated critical-thinking activities; and new material on managing quality in the supply chain, change to ISO 9000-2015, Lean, and Lean Six Sigma, QFD, SPC.
Published by: Pearson | Publication date: 04/23/2015Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 448 pages
So you’ve been asked to lead a quality control initiative? Or maybe you’ve been assigned to a quality team. Perhaps you’re a CEO whose main concern is to make your company faster, more efficient, and less expensive. Whatever your role is, quality control is a critical concept in every industry and profession. Quality Control For Dummies is the straightforward, easy guide to improving your company’s quality. It covers all of today’s available options and provides expert techniques for introducing quality methods to your company, collecting data, designing quality processes, and more. This hands-on guide gives you all the tools you’ll ever need to enhance your company’s quality, including:
- Understanding the importance of quality standards
- Putting fundamental quality control methods to use
- Listening to your customer about quality issues
- Whipping quality control into shape with Lean
- Working with value stream mapping
- Focusing on the 5S method
- Supplement a process with Kanban
- Fixing tough problems with Six Sigma
- Using QFD to win customers over
- Improving you company with TOC
Published by: For Dummies | Publication date: 02/25/2011Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 384 pages
The definitive guide to organizational excellence--completely updated Fully revised for the latest American Society for Quality (ASQ) Certified Manager of Quality/Organizational Excellence (CMQ/QE) Body of Knowledge, The Handbook for Quality Management: A Complete Guide to Operational Excellence, Second Edition offers in-depth guidance on effectively applying the principles of quality management in today's business environment and delivering superior results. Designed to help you prepare for and pass the ASQ CMQ/QE exam, this authoritative volume also serves as an essential on-the-job reference. Coverage includes:
- Business-integrated quality systems
- Organizational structures
- The quality function
- Approaches to quality
- Customer-focused organizations
- Integrated planning
- Strategic planning
- Understanding customer expectations and needs
- Organizational assessment
- Process control
- Quantifying process variation
- Quality audits
- Supply chain management
- Continuous improvement
- Effective change management
- Six Sigma methodology, including detailed descriptions of the DMAIC and DMADV approaches
- Management of human resources
- Motivation theories and principles
- Management styles
- Resource requirements to manage the quality function
- Clearly defines quality management principles and their application within a cross section of industries
- Integrates the application of Theory of Constraints, Six Sigma, and Lean thinking into the Quality Management discipline
- Contains detailed methods for planning, including customer needs recognition, benchmarking, and organizational assessments
- Discusses controls such as statistical process control, audits, and supply chain management
- Explains the stages of continuous improvement
- Incorporates classic motivation theory with more current management practices advocated by Joiner, Senge, and Deming, among others
- Features simulated and past exam questions to help you study for the ASQ CMQ/OE exam with answers that can be found at www.mhprofessional.com/HQM2
Published by: McGraw-Hill Education | Publication date: 12/14/2012Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 512 pages
This handy guide provides the basic terms, concepts, and tools for defining, measuring, and managing quality.
Published by: McGraw-Hill Education | Publication date: 12/30/2005Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 320 pages
Quality has quickly become one of the most important decision-making factors for consumers. And although organizations invest considerable resources into building the right quality management systems (QMSs), in many instances, the adoption of such quality improvement tools are just not enough. Building Quality Management Systems: Selecting the Right Methods and Tools explains exactly what directors, practitioners, consultants, and researchers must do to make better choices in the design, implementation, and improvement of their QMSs.Based on the authors’ decades of industrial experience working on business improvement projects for multinationals looking to design or improve their QMSs, the book discusses building QMSs based on two important organizational elements: needs and resources. It begins with an overview of QMSs and systems thinking and the impact of QMSs on financial performance. Illustrating the process management approach, it reviews the most well-known business and quality improvement models, methods, and tools that support a major QMS.The authors introduce their own time-tested methodology for designing, implementing, and enhancing your own QMS. Using their proven method, you will learn how to:
- Implement a strategic quality plan based on your specific needs, capabilities, cost–benefits, policies, and business strategies
- Select the right models, methods, and tools to be adopted as part of your QMS
- Understand the critical success factors and implementation challenges
- Evaluate the level of maturity of your QMS and your implementation efforts
Published by: Productivity Press | Publication date: 06/25/2013Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 202 pages
Project Quality Management: Why, What and How, Second Edition demonstrates how to implement the general methods defined in A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge—Fifth Edition (PMBOK Guide) and augments those methods with more detailed, hands-on procedures that have been proven through actual practice. This edition presents case examples that illuminate the theory of quality planning, assurance, and control with real-world narratives, including situation, analysis, and lessons learned. It also provides course discussion points and practical exercises at the end of each chapter. In its first edition, Project Quality Management was the recipient of the 2006 PMI David I. Cleland Project Management Literature Award. The award-winner offered project managers a specific, succinct, step-by-step project quality management process found nowhere else. This second edition features updated and enhanced material that meets the needs of practitioners, trainers, college instructors, and their students! Course instructor material is also available.
Published by: J. Ross Publishing | Publication date: 05/01/2014Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 248 pages
The Lean Six Sigma Pocket Toolbook: A Quick Reference Guide to Nearly 100 Tools for Improving Quality and Speed
Vital tools for implementing Lean Six Sigma--what they are, how they work, and which to useThe Lean Six Sigma Pocket Toolbook is today's most complete and results-based reference to the tools and concepts needed to understand, implement, and leverage Lean Six Sigma. The only guide that groups tools by purpose and use, this hands-on reference provides:
- Analyses of nearly 100 tools and methodologies--from DMAIC and Pull Systems to Control Charts and Pareto Charts
- Detailed explanations of each tool to help you know how, when, and why to use it for maximum efficacy
- Sections for each tool explaining how to create it, how to interpret what you find, and expert tips
Published by: McGraw-Hill Education | Publication date: 10/13/2004Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 225 pages
Say hello to the one resource that gives you access to both quality management and quality control information for all major imaging modalities. Updated with new legislative content, advances in imaging technology, and current ACR accreditation requirements, Papp’s Quality Management in the Imaging Sciences, 5th Edition features step-by-step QM procedures complete with full-size evaluation forms and instructions on how to evaluate equipment and document results. It is a great tool to help you for the ARRT Advanced Level Examination in Quality Management. "...the book does give a good overview of quality in imaging and to physicists performing controls it will be a valuable handbook." Reviewed by Jonn Terje Geitung on behalf of Journal of Acta Radiologica, April 2015
- Special icon identifies federal standards throughout the text to alert you to government regulations important to quality management.
- Updated material reflects content changes in the ARRT Quality Management Examination and better prepares you to pass the ARRT Advanced Level Examination in Quality Management.
- Includes QM for all imaging sciences so you can access QM information for all imaging modalities with just one resource.
- Step-by-step QM procedures offer instructions on how to evaluate equipment, and full-sized sample evaluation forms offer practice in documenting results.
- Strong pedagogy aids in comprehension.
- A practice exam on Evolve includes 200 randomizable practice exam questions for the ARRT advanced certification examination in QM, and includes answers with rationales.
- Student experiments on Evolve let you complete lab assignments and print out answers on a computer, and save instructors time because they do not have to create their own lab assignments.
- Instructor resources on Evolve make the text easier than ever for instructors to use.
- NEW! Updated quality management tools and procedures offer current practice guidelines and information.
- NEW! Coverage of new technologies, like cassette-based and cassette-less digital systems and wireless DR systems, helps improve familiarity with technological advances in radiography.
- UPDATED! Renovated Digital Image Receptors and Advanced Imaging Equipment chapter presents material more efficiently and includes the most current technology and practices.
- EXPANDED! Digital artifacts content increases familiarity with technological advances and adherence to necessary accreditation standards.
- UPDATED! Renovated Mammographic Quality Standard chapter reflects changes in technology and provides an overview of the latest technological practices.
- NEW! Content on CT exposure and the Image Gently program emphasizes safe and necessary imaging practices.
- NEW! Legislative content on Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), ICD-10 Coding, Health Information Exchanges, the Affordable Care Act, and MIPPA provides updates for legislative and relevant industry practices and concerns.
- NEW! Updated ACR accreditation requirements in CT and MRI improve practice compliance and understanding of necessary ACR accreditation requirement changes.
Published by: Mosby | Publication date: 09/30/2014Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 392 pages
Whether you're the owner of our own small business, a middle manager in a mid-sized company, or the CEO of a multinational, this book can show you how to improve your profits and productivity. How? By following the principles of The Deming Management Method.Middle- and top-echelon managers in particular will find Dr. Deming's method provocative and controversial. He is for a total revamping of the way American managers manage. Some of his pet peeves are: managers who manage by slogans or by setting quotas, managers who don't know what their jobs are and who can't define the responsibilities of the workers under them, managers who tend to blame workers, not realizing that workers want to take pride in their work. Change, Dr. Deming beliees, starts at the top with an informed, quality-conscious management. This book includes excellent advice on how to achieve that level of management expertise in the author's analysis of Dr. Deming's famous 14 Points for Managers and his Deadly diseases of management. Dr. Deming's management techniques are all carefully explained in this detailed, step-by-step treatment of their major points and of their practical applications to everyday business life.A large portion of The Deming Management Method is devoted to practical applications of the method by some of American's most innovative firms, including Honeywell, AT&T and Campbell's Soup.
Published by: TarcherPerigee | Publication date: 11/01/1988Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 288 pages