This ebook is the first authorized digital version of Kernighan and Ritchie’s 1988 classic, The C Programming Language (2nd Ed.). One of the best-selling programming books published in the last fifty years, "K&R" has been called everything from the "bible" to "a landmark in computer science" and it has influenced generations of programmers. Available now for all leading ebook platforms, this concise and beautifully written text is a "must-have" reference for every serious programmer’s digital library. As modestly described by the authors in the Preface to the First Edition, this "is not an introductory programming manual; it assumes some familiarity with basic programming concepts like variables, assignment statements, loops, and functions. Nonetheless, a novice programmer should be able to read along and pick up the language, although access to a more knowledgeable colleague will help."
Published by: Prentice Hall | Publication date: 03/22/1988Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 296 pages
Publication date: 09/27/2016Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 138 pages
The new C++11 standard allows programmers to express ideas more clearly, simply, and directly, and to write faster, more efficient code. Bjarne Stroustrup, the designer and original implementer of C++, has reorganized, extended, and completely rewritten his definitive reference and tutorial for programmers who want to use C++ most effectively. The C++ Programming Language, Fourth Edition, delivers meticulous, richly explained, and integrated coverage of the entire language—its facilities, abstraction mechanisms, standard libraries, and key design techniques. Throughout, Stroustrup presents concise, “pure C++11” examples, which have been carefully crafted to clarify both usage and program design. To promote deeper understanding, the author provides extensive cross-references, both within the book and to the ISO standard. New C++11 coverage includes
- Support for concurrency
- Regular expressions, resource management pointers, random numbers, and improved containers
- General and uniform initialization, simplified for-statements, move semantics, and Unicode support
- Lambdas, general constant expressions, control over class defaults, variadic templates, template aliases, and user-defined literals
- Compatibility issues
- Basic facilities: type, object, scope, storage, computation fundamentals, and more
- Modularity, as supported by namespaces, source files, and exception handling
- C++ abstraction, including classes, class hierarchies, and templates in support of a synthesis of traditional programming, object-oriented programming, and generic programming
- Standard Library: containers, algorithms, iterators, utilities, strings, stream I/O, locales, numerics, and more
- The C++ basic memory model, in depth
Published by: Addison-Wesley Professional | Publication date: 07/10/2013Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 1368 pages
- The first chapter is a tutorial on the basic concepts of Go, introduced through programs for file I/O and text processing, simple graphics, and web clients and servers.
- Early chapters cover the structural elements of Go programs: syntax, control flow, data types, and the organization of a program into packages, files, and functions. The examples illustrate many packages from the standard library and show how to create new ones of your own. Later chapters explain the package mechanism in more detail, and how to build, test, and maintain projects using the go tool.
- The chapters on methods and interfaces introduce Go’s unconventional approach to object-oriented programming, in which methods can be declared on any type and interfaces are implicitly satisfied. They explain the key principles of encapsulation, composition, and substitutability using realistic examples.
- Two chapters on concurrency present in-depth approaches to this increasingly important topic. The first, which covers the basic mechanisms of goroutines and channels, illustrates the style known as communicating sequential processes for which Go is renowned. The second covers more traditional aspects of concurrency with shared variables. These chapters provide a solid foundation for programmers encountering concurrency for the first time.
- The final two chapters explore lower-level features of Go. One covers the art of metaprogramming using reflection. The other shows how to use the unsafe package to step outside the type system for special situations, and how to use the cgo tool to create Go bindings for C libraries.
Published by: Addison-Wesley Professional | Publication date: 11/16/2015Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 399 pages
Programming: For Beginners: 3 Manuscripts in 1 Bundle - Python For Beginners, Java Programming and Html & CSS For Beginners -
In this book you will learn:- Everything you need to know about Python: from “Python Syntax “and “The Loops” to “Coding a Full Program”.You will learn:- Everything you need to know about Java: from the “Conditional Statements” to “Interfaces and Inheritance”You will learn:- Everything you need to know about Html & CSS: “The Fundamentals 1,2,3” of Html and CSS in depth
Publication date: 02/22/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 295 pages
Programming Language: Python Best Seller: 3 Books In 1!Save time and money and start learning Python Programming now with this massive, best-selling Python Computer Programming bundle covering Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced levels. This 3 book volume contains: Python: Beginner's Guide to Programming Code with PythonPython: Best Practices to Programming Code with PythonPython: Advanced Guide to Programming Code with PythonLIMITED TIME OFFER! Get to own this Amazon top seller for just $4.99! Regularly priced at $19.99. Read on your PC, Mac, smart phone, tablet or Kindle device.BOOK 1 : Python: Beginner's Guide to Programming Code with Python In this Definitive Python Beginner's Guide, you’re about to discover...
- Essentials of Python programming. Quickly pick up the language and start applying the concepts to any code that you write
- Major facets of Python programming - including concepts you can apply to *any* language
- Various mechanics of Python programming: control flow, variables, lists/dictionaries, and classes – and why learning these core principles are important to Python programming success
- Object-oriented programming, its influence to today’s popular computer languages, and why it matters
- ... And much, much more!
- General Concepts of Python Coding
- Python Coding Recommendations
- The best way to layout Python Code
- How to write comments
- Writing Conventions to follow
- How to write Function and Method Arguments
- ... And much, much more!
- Comprehensions – learn how to use constructs to build a sequence from another sequence
- Iterators and Generators – Learn how to use generator functions and iterator objects to make your code more efficient
- Decorators – Learn how to simplify the syntax for calling higher-order functions
- Context Managers – Learn how to write more effective Python code by managing your resources properly
- Descriptors – Learn how to add managed attributes to objects
- ... And much, much more!
Publication date: 05/13/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 248 pages
Programming: HTML: Programming Guide: Computer Programming: LEARN IN A DAY! (PHP, Java, Web Design, Computer Programming, SQL, HTML, PHP)
Get Started With HTML in Just One Day!2nd Edition - New added content at no additional charge - Now in paperback!Do you wish you knew more about HTML programming? Have you always wanted to learn this skill? Would a knowledge of coding make you better at your job?When you download HTML: Programming Codes for Beginners—Learn in a Day!, your skills will start growing immediately! These fun and easy tips transform the dreaded chore of learning code into a fun hobby. You'll be proud to show off your new skills to friends, family, and co-workers! HTML: Programming Codes for Beginners—Learn in a Day! teaches you the essential basics of HTML coding. You'll learn about tags, elements, and attributes as well as titles, paragraphs, and headings!This helpful book helps you get it all under control with a simple and efficient system. You'll discover how to create lists and fill out forms. Also, you'll find out how to insert images into your text - as well as anchor tags and hypertext references.Download HTML: Programming Codes for Beginners—Learn in a Day! now, and start making your programming dreams a reality!Scroll to the top and select the "BUY" button for instant download.You’ll be happy you did!.
Publication date: 05/15/2015Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 121 pages
An Introduction to Programming by the Inventor of C++ Preparation for Programming in the Real World The book assumes that you aim eventually to write non-trivial programs, whether for work in software development or in some other technical field. Focus on Fundamental Concepts and Techniques The book explains fundamental concepts and techniques in greater depth than traditional introductions. This approach will give you a solid foundation for writing useful, correct, maintainable, and efficient code. Programming with Today’s C++ (C++11 and C++14) The book is an introduction to programming in general, including object-oriented programming and generic programming. It is also a solid introduction to the C++ programming language, one of the most widely used languages for real-world software. The book presents modern C++ programming techniques from the start, introducing the C++ standard library and C++11 and C++14 features to simplify programming tasks. For Beginners—And Anyone Who Wants to Learn Something New The book is primarily designed for people who have never programmed before, and it has been tested with many thousands of first-year university students. It has also been extensively used for self-study. Also, practitioners and advanced students have gained new insight and guidance by seeing how a master approaches the elements of his art. Provides a Broad View The first half of the book covers a wide range of essential concepts, design and programming techniques, language features, and libraries. Those will enable you to write programs involving input, output, computation, and simple graphics. The second half explores more specialized topics (such as text processing, testing, and the C programming language) and provides abundant reference material. Source code and support supplements are available from the author’s website.
Published by: Addison-Wesley Professional | Publication date: 06/02/2014Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 1312 pages
The Ruby Programming Language is the authoritative guide to Ruby and provides comprehensive coverage of versions 1.8 and 1.9 of the language. It was written (and illustrated!) by an all-star team:
- Yukihiro "Matz" Matsumoto, creator, designer and lead developer of Ruby and author of Ruby in a Nutshell, which has been expanded and revised to become this book.
- why the lucky stiff, artist and Ruby programmer extraordinaire.
Published by: O'Reilly Media | Publication date: 01/25/2008Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 448 pages
- Dart’s object model, in which everything is an object, even numbers and Boolean values
- How Dart programs are organized into modular libraries
- How Dart functions are structured, stored in variables, passed as parameters, and returned as results
- Dart’s innovative approach to optional typing
- How Dart handles expressions and statements
- How to use Dart’s implementation of reflection to introspect on libraries, classes, functions, and objects
- Isolates and other Dart features that support concurrency and distribution
Published by: Addison-Wesley Professional | Publication date: 12/07/2015Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 224 pages