A practical, affordable and accessible home photography tutor. This inspiring project-based course book covers everything from basic composition to the latest digital darkroom techniques.Learn at your own pace as this practical, comprehensive course helps you develop your key photographic techniques. Contents include: step-by-step projects on exposure, aperture, lenses, light, filters, colour, black and white and image enhancement; plus professional secrets and stunning shots from around the world.The fully interactive and project-based approach of Collins Complete Photography Course will help you to raise both your camera confidence and your level of photography.
Published by: Collins | Publication date: 07/08/2010Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 192 pages
Ready to Start Taking Photos Like a PRO?This book will teach you how to handle your DSLR. But mostly, it will be focused on how you can and must control the light in your photo using your camera. In photography, lighting is everything. Even if you master the functions of your camera, getting a high quality photo will be difficult if you don't even understand the importance of manipulating and taking advantage of the light sources around the scene you want to take. Although, if you have a “good eye” for aesthetics, you can. But the question is, do you have that “good eye”?It will be assumed that you do not have one. However, if you do and you just want to learn using your camera, this book can still be a useful guide for you. Anyway, enough chitchat, and get a move on the first chapter. Here Is A Preview Of What You’ll Learn...
- Photography Basics — Light and Exposure
- Introduction to the Golden Triad — Aperture, Shutter Speed, and ISO
- When Should You Take Photos?
- Landscape and Nature Photography
- Personalizing Your Photographs
- Much, much more!
Publication date: 04/17/2016Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 156 pages
ALSO AVAILABLE IN PAPERBACK AND AUDIO BOOK VERSION!!!DISCOVER THE INS AND OUTS OF LEARNING PHOTOGRAPHY!Here Is A Preview Of What You'll Learn...
- PICKING OUT THE RIGHT CAMERA
- THE RULES OF COMPOSITION
- COLOUR AND LIGHTING
- EDITING YOUR PHOTOS
- LEVELING AND LAYERS
- THE ORTON EFFECT
- FIXING COMMON PROBLEMS WITH YOUR PHOTOS
- MUCH, MUCH, MORE!
Publication date: 04/23/2016Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 40 pages
Photography: Complete Beginners' Guide on Taking Amazing, Stunning Photographs- Gaining Creative Control, Mastering Aperture, Shutter Speed, ISO and Exposure ... landscape, landscape photography Book 1)
Want to Take Photos Like A Pro? ☆★☆ Read this book for FREE on Kindle Unlimited ~ Includes an Amazing Bonus Right After The Conclusion! ☆★☆Today only, get this Amazon bestseller for just $0.99, before the price increases. (Regularly priced at $4.99)Start Taking Stunning Photos Today!You'll be happy you bought this book a year from now as you learn how to build a solid foundation of photographic knowledge with easy-to-follow discussions of everything that you need to know in order to create better images with confidence. Every photographic term used in the book is clearly defined and thoroughly explained. By the time you finish reading this book, you will be well on your way to Mastering Aperture, Shutter Speed, ISO and Exposure.Here Is A Preview Of What You'll Learn...
- Professional Advice on Taking All Types of Photos: Sports Image, Landscape, Portrait, Waterscape and Night Highway etc.
- Practical Guide on Picking Your Professional Camera
- In-depth Explanation of All Types of Lens and their Usage
- Master the Art of Creative Control
- Mastering Aperture
- Handling Shuttle Speed like a Pro
- Tuning ISO and Exposure Perfectly
- Much, much more!
- James Stanfield is a professional photographer and also an excellent teacher. His books are arguably the best on the topic of Photography.
- This book requires no prior knowledge of Photography or its Jargon.
- In a few hours, you will learn what others have taken years to learn. You will not waste your time reading meaningless information.
- It is highly illustrated, well written and easy to understand.
- There is no risk. If you are not 100% satisfied, you can return it for a full refund within the first seven days. This only takes a single click on “Manage My Kindle.”
Publication date: 03/14/2016Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 41 pages
This book covers five topics related to eliminating errors or developing new photographic habits. There are 45 tips listed on these pages, so you will have no excuse for leaving your camera in the cupboard. Let's get you motivated!Topics include:13 Bad Habits That Can Ruin Your Photography5 Habits Of Highly Effective Photographers12 Ways To Find New Inspiration10 Commandments For Landscapers5 Resources & Courses
Published by: Lighthouse Creative | Publication date: 06/12/2016Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 28 pages
Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher*Whether you're wielding a phone or a full-size DSLR, Lonely Planet's Best Ever Photography Tips will sharpen your skills and your pictures. Award-winning photographer Richard I'Anson has travelled the world for 30 years and founded Lonely Planet's image library. Follow his 55 essential steps to creating brilliant photographs worth sharing.
- How to shoot wildlife, nightlife, people, cities, landscapes and lunch
- How to compose, control and critique your photographs
- Plus Richard I'Anson's 10 Golden Rules of travel photography
Published by: Lonely Planet | Publication date: 10/01/2013Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 128 pages, ISBN 9781743601112
** This ebook edition has been redesigned specifically to optimise reader experience on e-readers. Please note that while all information and instructions apply if reading on a greyscale device, due to the nature of the subject matter the images are best viewed on devices with a colour screen. ** Need to know which digital camera to buy? Want to take better photographs and retouch images? Ready to achieve professional results? This updated edition of The Digital Photography Handbook will allow you to make the most of all the advantages your camera has to offer - as well as guiding you through the latest software to enhance your images, and get professional results with every shot. This book includes expert advice on the art of photography (composition, depth of field and how to photograph a variety of subjects), editing and image manipulation software, how to print your images for the best results, developing a portfolio and mastering the rules of copyright. Doug Harman includes the very latest developments in digital technology, equipping you with everything you need to become a photographer. Contents include: Types of camera, Computers and their software, Memory, Pixels and magnification, Saving images, Exposure, Composition, Light, Camera modes, Special effects, Manipulating images, Photo apps, Retouching old photos, Printing digital images, Selecting printers and paper, Archiving and the cloud, Making money from your images, Copyright rules.
Published by: Quercus | Publication date: 10/02/2014Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 224 pages
This book is designed to inspire the modern day landscape photographer and to help your photography flourish. It is packed with stories and anecdotes from behind the image. There are tips on using social media to get your images seen by millions. The book offers advice on hiking, travel and the great outdoors as well as useful information on technical subjects such as where to focus and shooting RAW. After reading this book, not only will your photography start to improve, but you will be inspired to get up and out at dawn and stay out until dark. This book is for the beginner as well as the seasoned professional. Travel, Learn, Explore, Shoot.
Published by: Thomas Heaton | Publication date: 08/04/2016Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 96 pages
Amazon's #1 rated and best-selling digital photography book, and the first ever Gold Honoree of the Benjamin Franklin Digital Award, gives you five innovations no other book offers:1. FREE VIDEO TRAINING. 100 videos totaling 12+ HOURS of video training integrated into the book’s content (requires Internet access). Travel around the world with Tony and Chelsea as they teach you hands-on. Appendix A lists the videos so you can use the book like an inexpensive video course.2. TEACHER AND PEER SUPPORT. After buying the book, you get access to the private Stunning Digital Photography Readers group on Facebook where you can ask the questions and post pictures for feedback from Tony, Chelsea, and other readers. It’s like being able to raise your hand in class and ask a question! Instructions are in the introduction.3. FREE LIFETIME UPDATES. This book is regularly updated with new content (including additional videos) that existing owners receive for free. Updates are added based on reader feedback and questions, as well as changing photography trends and new camera equipment. This is the last photography book you'll ever need.4. HANDS-ON PRACTICES. Complete the practices at the end of every chapter to get the real world experience you need.5. 100+ PRACTICE QUESTIONS. Ungraded tests teach you to apply what you've learned.6. 500+ ORIGINAL PICTURES. Detailed example pictures taken by the author and his wife in 15 countries demonstrate both good and bad technique. NO STOCK PHOTOS. Many pictures include links to the full-size image so you can zoom in to see every pixel. In this book, Tony Northrup (award-winning author of more than 30 how-to books and a professional portrait, wildlife, and landscape photographer) teaches the art and science of creating stunning pictures. First, beginner photographers will master:* Composition* Exposure* Shutter speed* Aperture* Depth-of-field (blurring the background)* ISO* Natural light* Flash* Troubleshooting blurry, dark, and bad pictures* Pet photography* Wildlife photography (mammals, birds, insects, fish, and more)* Sunrises and sunsets* Landscapes* Cityscapes* Flowers* Forests, waterfalls, and rivers* Night photography* Fireworks* Raw files* HDR* Macro/close-up photographyAdvanced photographers can skip forward to learn the pro’s secrets for:* Posing men and women. including corrective posing (checklists provided)* Portraits (candid, casual, formal, and underwater)* Group photos* Remotely triggering flashes* Using bounce flash and flash modifiers* Using studio lighting on any budget* Building a temporary or permanent studio at home* Shooting your first wedding* High speed photography* Location scouting/finding the best spots and times* Planning shoots around the sun and moon* Star trails (via long exposure and image stacking)* Light painting* Eliminating noise* Focus stacking for infinite depth-of-field* Underwater photography* Getting close to wildlife* Using electronic shutter triggersMAJOR UPDATE 7/6/2013:We added about 40 pages of new content based on reader requests and questions, and we now have 6 hours of video! We also added a detailed Table of Contents and Video Index (Appendix A) to allow you to quickly find the content you need to reference when you're shooting. Existing readers: Amazon will contact you directly to download the update, or you can e-mail Tony your receipt.
Published by: Mason Press | Publication date: 12/11/2011Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 241 pages
Photography: Professional Photography Explained - Techniques, Development and Application (Photography, DSLR, Digital, Guide, Tips, Equipment, Business)
* * * LIMITED TIME OFFER 2.99$ INSTEAD OF 4.99$ * * * Photography : Professional Photography ExplainedA Review of Techniques, Development and ApplicationMost lay people see the results of photography but are not quite conversant with the process through which the images are created. It is important to note from the outset that photography is a multidisciplinary endeavor that could be qualified as both an art and a science.The technical definition is that of the practice of creating, developing and presenting durable images through the recording of electromagnetic radiation as well as light. Photography can be done using electronic means by way of an image sensor. Alternatively it can be achieved through chemical means by way of a light-sensitive material. This material is known as photograph film in industry parlance.The photographer may use a pair of lens in order to focus the light that is naturally emitted by objectives. These are then placed onto a real image which sits on the light-sensitive material. That surface typically sits within a camera. Photography requires a fixed time exposure under controlled conditions. There is an alternative of using electronic image sensors. These will produce an electrical charge which is hosted on each pixel. Using modern equipment, it is possible to process and store that information on a digital image file.What You Are Going To Learn
- Capturing and Presenting Imagery
- The Invention of Photography
- Different Types of Photography
- Evolution of the Camera
- Technical Aspects of Photography
- Modes of Photographic Production
- Photography as a Practical Technology
- And Much More!
Published by: David Miller | Publication date: 02/29/2016Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 85 pages