Microsoft Power BI Cookbook: Creating Business Intelligence Solutions of Analytical Data Models, Reports, and Dashboards
Configuring Your Power BI Development Tools Accessing and Retrieving Data Building a Power BI Data Model Authoring Power BI Reports Creating Power BI Dashboards Getting Serious with Date Intelligence Parameterizing Your Power BI Solutions Implementing Dynamic User-Based Visibility in Power BI Applying Advanced Analytics and Custom Visuals Developing Solutions for System Monitoring and Administration Enhancing and Optimizing Existing Power BI Solutions Deploying and Distributing Power BI Content Integrating Power BI with other Applications
- From connecting to your data sources to developing and deploying immersive, mobile-ready dashboards and visualizations, this book covers it all
- Over 90 hands-on, technical recipes, tips, and use cases from across the Power BI platform including the Power BI Service and Mobile Applications
- Proven development techniques and guidance for implementing custom solutions with DAX and M languages
- Cleanse, stage, and integrate your data sources with Power BI
- Abstract data complexities and provide users with intuitive, self-service BI capabilities
- Build business logic and analysis into your solutions via the DAX programming language and dynamic, dashboard-ready calculations
- Take advantage of the analytics and predictive capabilities of Power BI
- Make your solutions more dynamic and user specific and/or defined including use cases of parameters, functions, and row level security
- Understand the differences and implications of DirectQuery, Live Connections, and Import-Mode Power BI datasets and how to deploy content to the Power BI Service and schedule refreshes
- Integrate other Microsoft data tools such as Excel and SQL Server Reporting Services into your Power BI solution
Published by: Packt Publishing | Publication date: 09/27/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 802 pages
What is Bluetooth Low Energy Setting Up Building a Service Explorer App Designing a Personnel Tracking System Beacons with Raspberry Pi Weather monitoring Using BLE in Warehouses Going Further
- Build hands-on IoT projects using Bluetooth Low Energy and learn about Bluetooth 5 and its features.
- Build a health tracking system, and indoor navigation and warehouse weather monitoring projects using smart devices.
- Build on a theoretical foundation and create a practice-based understanding of Bluetooth Low Energy.
- Learn about the architecture and IoT uses of BLE, and in which domains it is being used the most
- Set up and learn about various development platforms (Android, iOS, Firebase, Raspberry Pi, Beacons, and GitHub)
- Create an Explorer App (Android/iOS) to diagnose a Fitness Tracker
- Design a Beacon with the Raspberry Pi and write an app to detect the Beacon
- Write a mobile app to periodically poll the BLE tracking sensor
- Compose an app to read data periodically from temperature and humidity sensors
- Explore more applications of BLE with IoT
- Design projects for both Android and iOS mobile platforms
Published by: Packt Publishing | Publication date: 08/31/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 278 pages
Modern C++ Programming Cookbook: Recipes to explore data structure, multithreading and networking in C++17
Over 100 recipes to help you overcome your difficulties with C++ programming and gain a deeper understanding of the working of modern C++About This Book
- Explore the most important language and library features of C++17, including containers, algorithms, regular expressions, threads, and more,
- Get going with unit testing frameworks Boost.Test, Google Test and Catch,
- Extend your C++ knowledge and take your development skills to new heights by making your applications fast, robust, and scalable.
- Get to know about the new core language features and the problems they were intended to solve
- Understand the standard support for threading and concurrency and know how to put them on work for daily basic tasks
- Leverage C++'s features to get increased robustness and performance
- Explore the widely-used testing frameworks for C++ and implement various useful patterns and idioms
- Work with various types of strings and look at the various aspects of compilation
- Explore functions and callable objects with a focus on modern features
- Leverage the standard library and work with containers, algorithms, and iterators
- Use regular expressions for find and replace string operations
- Take advantage of the new filesystem library to work with files and directories
- Use the new utility additions to the standard library to solve common problems developers encounter including string_view, any , optional and variant types
Published by: Packt Publishing | Publication date: 05/15/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 590 pages
Intel Architecture Setting Up a Development Environment Intel Instruction Set Architecture (ISA) Memory Addressing Modes Parallel Data Processing Macro Instructions Data Structures Mixing Modules Written in Assembly and Those Written in High-Level Languages Operating System Interface Patching Legacy Code Oh, Almost Forgot
- Understand the Assembly programming concepts and the benefits of examining the AL codes generated from high level languages
- Learn to incorporate the assembly language routines in your high level language applications
- Understand how a CPU works when programming in high level languages
- Obtain deeper understanding of the underlying platform
- Understand binary arithmetic and logic operations
- Create elegant and efficient code in Assembly language
- Understand how to link Assembly code to outer world
- Obtain in-depth understanding of relevant internal mechanisms of Intel CPU
- Write stable, efficient and elegant patches for running processes
Published by: Packt Publishing | Publication date: 09/27/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 290 pages
Master the art of machine learning with .NET and gain insight into real-world applicationsAbout This Book
- Based on .NET framework 4.6.1, includes examples on ASP.NET Core 1.0
- Set up your business application to start using machine learning techniques
- Familiarize the user with some of the more common .NET libraries for machine learning
- Implement several common machine learning techniques
- Evaluate, optimize and adjust machine learning models
- Write your own machine learning applications and experiments using the latest .NET framework, including .NET Core 1.0
- Set up your business application to start using machine learning.
- Accurately predict the future using regressions.
- Discover hidden patterns using decision trees.
- Acquire, prepare, and combine datasets to drive insights.
- Optimize business throughput using Bayes Classifier.
- Discover (more) hidden patterns using KNN and Naive Bayes.
- Discover (even more) hidden patterns using K-Means and PCA.
- Use Neural Networks to improve business decision making while using the latest ASP.NET technologies.
- Explore “Big Data”, distributed computing, and how to deploy machine learning models to IoT devices – making machines self-learning and adapting
- Along the way, learn about Open Data, Bing maps, and MBrace
Published by: Packt Publishing | Publication date: 03/29/2016Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 358 pages
Develop your first interactive 2D platformer game by learning the fundamentals of C#About This Book
- Get to grips with the fundamentals of scripting in C# with Unity
- Create an awesome, 2D platformer game from scratch using the principles of object-oriented programming and coding in C#
- This is a step-by-step guide to learn the fundamentals of C# scripting to develop GameObjects and master the basics of the new UI system in Unity
- Understand the fundamentals of variables, methods, and code syntax in C#
- Get to know about techniques to turn your game idea into working project
- Use loops and collections efficiently in Unity to reduce the amount of code
- Develop a game using the object-oriented programming principles
- Generate infinite levels for your game
- Create and code a good-looking functional UI system for your game
- Publish and share your game with users
Published by: Packt Publishing | Publication date: 03/31/2016Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 230 pages
Mastering Visual Studio 2017: Build windows apps using WPF and UWP, accelerate cloud development with Azure, explore NuGet, and more
What's new in Visual Studio 2017 IDE? What's new in C# 7.0? Building applications for Windows using XAML Tools Building applications for Windows 10 using UWP Tools Building application with .NET Core Managing NuGet packages Debugging applications with Visual Studio 2017 Testing applications with Visual Studio 2017 Accelerate cloud development with Windows Azure Working with source controls
- Focus on coding with the new, improved, and powerful tools of VS 2017
- Master improved debugging and unit testing support capabilities
- Accelerate cloud development with the built-in Azure tools
- Learn what's new in the Visual Studio 2017 IDE, C# 7.0, and how it will help developers to improve their productivity
- Learn the workloads and components of the new installation wizard and how to use the online and offline installer
- Build stunning Windows apps using Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) and Universal Windows Platform (UWP) tools
- Get familiar with .NET Core and learn how to build apps targeting this new framework
- Explore everything about NuGet packages
- Debug and test your applications using Visual Studio 2017
- Accelerate cloud development with Microsoft Azure
- Integrate Visual Studio with most popular source control repositories, such as TFS and GitHub
Published by: Packt Publishing | Publication date: 07/27/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 466 pages
Intro to OpenStack and Certified OpenStack Administrator Exam Setting Up Your Practice Exam Environment Keystone Identity Service Glance Image Service Nova Compute Service Neutron Networking Service Cinder Block Storage Service Swift Object Storage Service Heat Orchestration Service Troubleshooting Final Tips and Tricks Practice Exams
- Focuses on providing a clear, concise strategy so you gain the specific skills required to pass the Certified OpenStack Administrator exam
- Includes exercises and performance-based tasks to ensure all exam objectives can be completed via the Horizon dashboard and command-line interface
- Includes a free OpenStack Virtual Appliance to practice the objectives covered throughout the book
- Includes a practice exam to put your OpenStack skills to the test to prove you have what it takes to conquer the live exam
- Updated for the 2017 exam featuring OpenStack Newton
- Manage the Keystone identity service by creating and modifying domains, groups, projects, users, roles, services, endpoints, and quotas.
- Upload Glance images, launch new Nova instances, and create flavors, key pairs, and snapshots.
- Discover Neutron tenant and provider networks, security groups, routers, and floating IPs.
- Manage the Cinder block storage service by creating volumes and attaching them to instances.
- Create Swift containers and set access control lists to allow read/write access to your objects.
- Explore Heat orchestration templates and create, list, and update stacks.
Published by: Packt Publishing | Publication date: 08/24/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 338 pages
- Build websites with jQuery Mobile that work beautifully across a wide range of mobile devices
- Become a competent jQuery Mobile developer and learn the building blocks of jQuery Mobile's component-driven design
- This book covers key concepts but with a focus on providing the practical skills required
- Create mobile-optimized sites using simple HTML
- Structure your sites so users can browse them on mobile devices
- Find out how to work with multiple pages in the JQM framework and embed multiple pages in HTML files
- Enhance simple pages using various toolbars
- Include mobile-optimized forms for interactive sites
- Convert desktop sites into mobile versions
- Use HTML5's local storage feature in jQuery Mobile to include persistent client-side storage
- Explore the rich sets of widgets and themes available and discover how to modify them for use in your jQuery Mobile site
Published by: Packt Publishing | Publication date: 03/28/2016Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 266 pages
Introduction to Deep Learning Unsupervised Learning with GAN Transfer Image Style Across Various Domains Building Realistic Images from your Text Using various Generative Models to Generate Images Taking Machine Learning to Production
- Understand the buzz surrounding Generative Adversarial Networks and how they work, in the simplest manner possible
- Develop generative models for a variety of real-world use-cases and deploy them to production
- Contains intuitive examples and real-world cases to put the theoretical concepts explained in this book to practical use
- Understand the basics of deep learning and the difference between discriminative and generative models
- Generate images and build semi-supervised models using Generative Adversarial Networks (GANs) with real-world datasets
- Tune GAN models by addressing the challenges such as mode collapse, training instability using mini batch, feature matching, and the boundary equilibrium technique.
- Use stacking with Deep Learning architectures to run and generate images from text.
- Couple multiple Generative models to discover relationships across various domains
- Explore the real-world steps to deploy deep models in production
Published by: Packt Publishing | Publication date: 10/30/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 180 pages