Fall, current day, Atlantic Ocean. Another hurricane tears through the Bahamas, headed for Florida. Among the wreckage: a U.S. Coast Guard rescue boat, one survivor (Ret Cooper), and a spherical object of curious design (the Oracle).Ret Cooper is a simple young man with mysterious origins, unique physical features, and no memory of his past. His new family and friends discover he is truly extraordinary, with supernatural powers and strange scars on the palms of his hands. But what is his destiny?The Oracle is the key to Earth's unity and full potential, too perfect to be man-made. Legend claims it can unleash limitless power when filled with Mother Nature's six, pure, original elements. But where are these elements? And which of our planet’s ancient secrets will be explained in the process of locating them?The first book from new author C.W. Trisef will have you cheering for Ret as he travels a submerged road, discovers a lost city, climbs an electrifying mountain, and begins to unravel the mystery of the Oracle...all during his first year of high school.
Published by: BookBaby | Publication date: 06/01/2011Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 348 pages
With all of magic at her command, Alydian is born to power. She and the other oracles serve the people, guiding kings and commoners with their ability to know the future. Yet despite Alydian’s power she cannot foresee the coming betrayal, for a rogue mage lurks in their midst, and plots an alliance with the mighty guild of Verinai. Under the guise of benevolence the Verinai offer their magic to all, while their expanding reach is noticed by none. Except the Soldier. Branded a traitor, wanted for murder, the mysterious man is no ordinary bandit. For six years he has hidden behind a mask, hunting Verinai with his band of Defiant. But now his war is about to escalate, for he has targeted Alydian to send a message, that even an oracle can be killed. Beset by foes, Alydian will require more than magic to survive, for if she cannot change her future . . . She will fall to her fate.
Published by: Snowlight Publishing | Publication date: 06/11/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 539 pages
Master the Cutting-Edge Features of Oracle Database 12c Maintain a scalable, highly available enterprise platform and reduce complexity by leveraging the powerful new tools and cloud enhancements of Oracle Database 12c. This authoritative Oracle Press guide offers complete coverage of installation, configuration, tuning, and administration. Find out how to build and populate Oracle databases, perform effective queries, design applications, and secure your enterprise data. Oracle Database 12c: The Complete Reference also contains a comprehensive appendix covering commands, keywords, features, and functions.
- Set up Oracle Database 12c or upgrade from an earlier version
- Design Oracle databases and plan for application implementation
- Construct SQL and SQL*Plus statements and execute powerful queries
- Secure data with roles, privileges, virtualization, and encryption
- Move data with SQL*Loader and Oracle Data Pump
- Restore databases using flashback and the Oracle Database Automatic Undo Management feature
- Build and deploy PL/SQL triggers, procedures, and packages
- Work with Oracle pluggable and container databases
- Develop database applications using Java, JDBC, and XML
- Optimize performance with Oracle Real Application Clusters
Published by: McGraw-Hill Education | Publication date: 08/05/2013Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 1472 pages
Master Oracle Database 12c PL/SQL Application Development Develop, debug, and administer robust database programs. Filled with detailed examples and expert strategies from an Oracle ACE, Oracle Database 12c PL/SQL Programming explains how to retrieve and process data, write PL/SQL statements, execute effective queries, incorporate PHP and Java, and work with dynamic SQL. Code testing, security, and object-oriented programming techniques are fully covered in this comprehensive Oracle Press guide.
- Explore new SQL and PL/SQL features in Oracle Database 12c
- Build control structures, cursors, and loop statements
- Work with collections, varrays, tables, and associative array collections
- Locate and repair errors and employ exception handlers
- Execute black box, white box, and integration tests
- Configure and manage stored packages and libraries
- Handle security with authentication and encryption
- Use LOBs to store text and multimedia content
- Write and implement PL/SQL and Java triggers
- Extend functionality using dynamic SQL statements
- Understand object types, nested tables, and unnesting queries
Published by: McGraw-Hill Education | Publication date: 02/07/2014Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 1192 pages
Written by Oracle insiders, this indispensable guide distills an enormous amount of information about the Oracle Database into one compact volume. Ideal for novice and experienced DBAs, developers, managers, and users, Oracle Essentials walks you through technologies and features in Oracle’s product line, including its architecture, data structures, networking, concurrency, and tuning.Complete with illustrations and helpful hints, this fifth edition provides a valuable one-stop overview of Oracle Database 12c, including an introduction to Oracle and cloud computing. Oracle Essentials provides the conceptual background you need to understand how Oracle truly works.Topics include:
- A complete overview of Oracle databases and data stores, and Fusion Middleware products and features
- Core concepts and structures in Oracle’s architecture, including pluggable databases
- Oracle objects and the various datatypes Oracle supports
- System and database management, including Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c
- Security options, basic auditing capabilities, and options for meeting compliance needs
- Performance characteristics of disk, memory, and CPU tuning
- Basic principles of multiuser concurrency
- Oracle’s online transaction processing (OLTP)
- Data warehouses, Big Data, and Oracle’s business intelligence tools
- Backup and recovery, and high availability and failover solutions
Published by: O'Reilly Media | Publication date: 09/06/2013Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 432 pages
The definitive reference for every Oracle DBA—completely updated for Oracle Database 12c Oracle Database 12c DBA Handbook is the quintessential tool for the DBA with an emphasis on the big picture—enabling administrators to achieve effective and efficient database management. Fully revised to cover every new feature and utility, this Oracle Press guide shows how to harness cloud capability, perform a new installation, upgrade from previous versions, configure hardware and software, handle backup and recovery, and provide failover capability. The newly revised material features high-level and practical content on cloud integration, storage management, performance tuning, information management, and the latest on a completely revised security program.
- Shows how to administer a scalable, flexible Oracle enterprise database
- Includes new chapters on cloud integration, new security capabilities, and other cutting-edge features
- All code and examples available online
Published by: McGraw-Hill Education | Publication date: 07/03/2015Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 744 pages
Acacia is the Oracle of Delphi. She should be revered, protected, maybe even worshiped, but instead, she is held captive by Apollo’s priests and forced to breathe fumes that induce her naturally occurring visions. When a warlord comes to her for counsel, freedom seems to be within her grasp, provided she can convince him release her and risk the wrath of the gods.
Publication date: 07/07/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 69 pages
Considered the best Oracle PL/SQL programming guide by the Oracle community, this definitive guide is precisely what you need to make the most of Oracle’s powerful procedural language. The sixth edition describes the features and capabilities of PL/SQL up through Oracle Database 12c Release 1.Hundreds of thousands of PL/SQL developers have benefited from this book over the last twenty years; this edition continues that tradition. With extensive code examples and a lively sense of humor, this book explains language fundamentals, explores advanced coding techniques, and offers best practices to help you solve real-world problems.
- Get PL/SQL programs up and running quickly, with clear instructions for executing, tracing, testing, debugging, and managing code
- Understand new 12.1 features, including the ACCESSIBLE_BY clause, WITH FUNCTION and UDF pragma, BEQUEATH CURRENT_USER for views, and new conditional compilation directives
- Take advantage of extensive code samples, from easy-to-follow examples to reusable packaged utilities
- Optimize PL/SQL performance with features like the function result cache and Oracle utilities such as PL/Scope and the PL/SQL hierarchical profiler
- Build modular, easy-to-maintain PL/SQL applications using packages, procedures, functions, and triggers
Published by: O'Reilly Media | Publication date: 01/23/2014Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 1392 pages
Under the rule of a usurper king, the realm of Skala has suffered famine, plague, and invasion. But now the time for the rightful heir has come, a return to the tradition of warrior queens. And the Lightbearer’s prophecy is to be upheld at last: so long as a daughter of the royal line defends and rules, Skala will never be subjugated.Now a mystical fire has burned away the male body known as Prince Tobin, revealing Princess Tamír, a girl on the verge of womanhood–and a queen ready to claim her birthright after a life in disguise under the protection of wizards and witches. But will her people, her army–and the friends she was forced to deceive–accept her? Worse, will the crown’s rival heir, friend to Tobin, turn foe to Tamír, igniting civil war in a fierce battle for Skala?From the Paperback edition.
Published by: Spectra | Publication date: 11/26/2008Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 576 pages
Write Powerful SQL Statements and PL/SQL Programs Learn how to access Oracle databases through SQL statements and construct PL/SQL programs. Oracle Database 12c SQL offers complete coverage of the latest database features and techniques. Find out how to write SQL statements to retrieve and modify database information, use SQL*Plus and SQL Developer, work with database objects, write PL/SQL programs, use performance optimization techniques, incorporate XML, and more. This Oracle Press guide contains everything you need to know to master SQL.
- Use SQL statements to access an Oracle database
- Work with SQL*Plus and SQL Developer
- Write PL/SQL programs
- Create tables, sequences, indexes, views, and triggers
- Design advanced queries containing complex calculations
- Create database objects to handle abstract data
- Use date, time stamp, and time interval data types
- Establish user roles and privileges
- Handle multimedia files using large objects
- Tune SQL statements to make them execute faster
- Generate, process, and store XML data
- Master the very latest Oracle Database 12c features
Published by: McGraw-Hill Education | Publication date: 06/26/2013Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 688 pages