Fall, current day, Atlantic Ocean. Another hurricane tears through the Bahamas, headed for Florida. Among the wreckage: a U.S. Coast Guard rescue boat, one survivor (Ret Cooper), and a spherical object of curious design (the Oracle).Ret Cooper is a simple young man with mysterious origins, unique physical features, and no memory of his past. His new family and friends discover he is truly extraordinary, with supernatural powers and strange scars on the palms of his hands. But what is his destiny?The Oracle is the key to Earth's unity and full potential, too perfect to be man-made. Legend claims it can unleash limitless power when filled with Mother Nature's six, pure, original elements. But where are these elements? And which of our planet’s ancient secrets will be explained in the process of locating them?The first book from new author C.W. Trisef will have you cheering for Ret as he travels a submerged road, discovers a lost city, climbs an electrifying mountain, and begins to unravel the mystery of the Oracle...all during his first year of high school.
Published by: BookBaby | Publication date: 06/01/2011Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 348 pages
After 30 years of working with the Oracle Database, this Expert teaches SQL Tuning to the masses. Not a book of quick tips or rare oddities, these pages teach real knowledge. They present a practical process for tuning badly performing SQL that works reliably in the real world of the Oracle Professional. Refined and Distilled to save you years of the hard grinding everyone else had to go through to learn how to do it, these pages will teach you:- The Power of Cardinalities (Estimated Cardinality, Actual Cardinality, Table Cardinality, Cardinality Feedback)- The Importance of Driving Table and Join Order (Join Sentence, Join Tree, Query Diagram, Query Data Model)- The use of Query Decomposition and Reconstruction in localizing the problem component of a query- How to construct a Filtered Rows Percentage Spreadsheet to learn if a query got off to a good start- How to extract useful information from Oracle Query Execution Plans (Query Modification, Cardinality Estimation, Fetch Efficiency, Join Efficiency)- How to build indexes and evaluate their value to a specific problem query (DUNSEL Columns, Inequality Predicates, Column Modification, Column Order, Predicate Selectivity)- How to build the proper set of indexes for specific problem queries when necessary using a formal process (ACCESS, FILTER, COVERAGE, POST-TABLE FILTERING, Indexing for a Driving Table, Indexing for an Inner Table in a Join)- How to make joins go faster, particularly Hash Join (2% Rule, Precision Query vs. Warehouse Query, Most Common Join Failures Scenarios, Tuning the Hash Join)- How to use hints as a discovery tool instead of a club- The Absolute Necessity of Good Database Design in Assuring top Performance (Modeling Paradigm, 3rd Normal Form, SQL Workload Types (OLTP, DSS, Analytic), Fundamentals of Statistics (NDV, Uniform Distribution, Dependence, Dynamic Sampling), Addressing Statistics Problems (Staleness, Skew, Dependence, Defaulting, Out-of-Bounds, Transiency, Bloat)- Opening Moves used in the trenches for quick diagnosis under pressure (The Typical Crisis Meeting, Query Analysis Breakdown, Three Kinds of Row Counts, Types of QEP Plan Steps, Questions used to Guide the Analysis)- As a bonus, a special chapter offers unique perspective on EXADATA and how to position yourself to exploit its opportunities as a Developer or DBA (Sales Pitch vs. Reality, How much faster will your Apps go?, 40X Speed Up?, SMARTSCAN, Column Projection, Row Filtering, iDB Messaging, Storage Indexes, Bloom Filters, What sours the Secret Sauce, EXADATA's effect on your Applications, NON-EXADATA query costs, Reality of Hybrid Columnar Compression, The Three Compression Strategies, Where you the Oracle Professional can be Unique)- How to document your work in a ways that let you show others how good you are and teach them how to tune tooSupported by a dozen of Kevin's powerful SQL scripts that make it much easier for you to succeed, you will learn and apply the knowledge and processes found in this book and soon be recognized as one of your company's top SQL Tuning Technicians.
Publication date: 01/04/2016Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 348 pages
Written by Oracle insiders, this indispensable guide distills an enormous amount of information about the Oracle Database into one compact volume. Ideal for novice and experienced DBAs, developers, managers, and users, Oracle Essentials walks you through technologies and features in Oracle’s product line, including its architecture, data structures, networking, concurrency, and tuning.Complete with illustrations and helpful hints, this fifth edition provides a valuable one-stop overview of Oracle Database 12c, including an introduction to Oracle and cloud computing. Oracle Essentials provides the conceptual background you need to understand how Oracle truly works.Topics include:
- A complete overview of Oracle databases and data stores, and Fusion Middleware products and features
- Core concepts and structures in Oracle’s architecture, including pluggable databases
- Oracle objects and the various datatypes Oracle supports
- System and database management, including Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c
- Security options, basic auditing capabilities, and options for meeting compliance needs
- Performance characteristics of disk, memory, and CPU tuning
- Basic principles of multiuser concurrency
- Oracle’s online transaction processing (OLTP)
- Data warehouses, Big Data, and Oracle’s business intelligence tools
- Backup and recovery, and high availability and failover solutions
Published by: O'Reilly Media | Publication date: 09/06/2013Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 432 pages
Master Oracle Database 12c PL/SQL Application Development Develop, debug, and administer robust database programs. Filled with detailed examples and expert strategies from an Oracle ACE, Oracle Database 12c PL/SQL Programming explains how to retrieve and process data, write PL/SQL statements, execute effective queries, incorporate PHP and Java, and work with dynamic SQL. Code testing, security, and object-oriented programming techniques are fully covered in this comprehensive Oracle Press guide.
- Explore new SQL and PL/SQL features in Oracle Database 12c
- Build control structures, cursors, and loop statements
- Work with collections, varrays, tables, and associative array collections
- Locate and repair errors and employ exception handlers
- Execute black box, white box, and integration tests
- Configure and manage stored packages and libraries
- Handle security with authentication and encryption
- Use LOBs to store text and multimedia content
- Write and implement PL/SQL and Java triggers
- Extend functionality using dynamic SQL statements
- Understand object types, nested tables, and unnesting queries
Published by: McGraw-Hill Education | Publication date: 02/07/2014Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 1192 pages
Proven Database Optimization Solutions―Fully Updated for Oracle Database 12c Release 2 Systematically identify and eliminate database performance problems with help from Oracle Certified Master Richard Niemiec. Filled with real-world case studies and best practices, Oracle Database 12c Release 2 Performance Tuning Tips and Techniques details the latest monitoring, troubleshooting, and optimization methods. Find out how to identify and fix bottlenecks on premises and in the cloud, configure storage devices, execute effective queries, and develop bug-free SQL and PL/SQL code. Testing, reporting, and security enhancements are also covered in this Oracle Press guide. • Properly index and partition Oracle Database 12c Release 2• Work effectively with Oracle Cloud, Oracle Exadata, and Oracle Enterprise Manager• Efficiently manage disk drives, ASM, RAID arrays, and memory• Tune queries with Oracle SQL hints and the Trace utility• Troubleshoot databases using V$ views and X$ tables• Create your first cloud database service and prepare for hybrid cloud• Generate reports using Oracle’s Statspack and Automatic Workload Repository tools• Use sar, vmstat, and iostat to monitor operating system statistics
Published by: McGraw-Hill Education | Publication date: 03/22/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 1136 pages
Master the Cutting-Edge Features of Oracle Database 12c Maintain a scalable, highly available enterprise platform and reduce complexity by leveraging the powerful new tools and cloud enhancements of Oracle Database 12c. This authoritative Oracle Press guide offers complete coverage of installation, configuration, tuning, and administration. Find out how to build and populate Oracle databases, perform effective queries, design applications, and secure your enterprise data. Oracle Database 12c: The Complete Reference also contains a comprehensive appendix covering commands, keywords, features, and functions.
- Set up Oracle Database 12c or upgrade from an earlier version
- Design Oracle databases and plan for application implementation
- Construct SQL and SQL*Plus statements and execute powerful queries
- Secure data with roles, privileges, virtualization, and encryption
- Move data with SQL*Loader and Oracle Data Pump
- Restore databases using flashback and the Oracle Database Automatic Undo Management feature
- Build and deploy PL/SQL triggers, procedures, and packages
- Work with Oracle pluggable and container databases
- Develop database applications using Java, JDBC, and XML
- Optimize performance with Oracle Real Application Clusters
Published by: McGraw-Hill Education | Publication date: 08/05/2013Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 1472 pages
Demystifying the power of the Oracle 12c database The Oracle database is the industry-leading relational database management system (RDMS) used from small companies to the world’s largest enterprises alike for their most critical business and analytical processing. Oracle 12c includes industry leading enhancements to enable cloud computing and empowers users to manage both Big Data and traditional data structures faster and cheaper than ever before. Oracle 12c For Dummies is the perfect guide for a novice database administrator or an Oracle DBA who is new to Oracle 12c. The book covers what you need to know about Oracle 12c architecture, software tools, and how to successfully manage Oracle databases in the real world.
- Highlights the important features of Oracle 12c
- Explains how to create, populate, protect, tune, and troubleshoot a new Oracle database
- Covers advanced Oracle 12c technologies including Oracle Multitenant—the "pluggable database" concept—as well as several other key changes in this release
Published by: For Dummies | Publication date: 10/24/2013Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 435 pages
Considered the best Oracle PL/SQL programming guide by the Oracle community, this definitive guide is precisely what you need to make the most of Oracle’s powerful procedural language. The sixth edition describes the features and capabilities of PL/SQL up through Oracle Database 12c Release 1.Hundreds of thousands of PL/SQL developers have benefited from this book over the last twenty years; this edition continues that tradition. With extensive code examples and a lively sense of humor, this book explains language fundamentals, explores advanced coding techniques, and offers best practices to help you solve real-world problems.
- Get PL/SQL programs up and running quickly, with clear instructions for executing, tracing, testing, debugging, and managing code
- Understand new 12.1 features, including the ACCESSIBLE_BY clause, WITH FUNCTION and UDF pragma, BEQUEATH CURRENT_USER for views, and new conditional compilation directives
- Take advantage of extensive code samples, from easy-to-follow examples to reusable packaged utilities
- Optimize PL/SQL performance with features like the function result cache and Oracle utilities such as PL/Scope and the PL/SQL hierarchical profiler
- Build modular, easy-to-maintain PL/SQL applications using packages, procedures, functions, and triggers
Published by: O'Reilly Media | Publication date: 01/23/2014Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 1392 pages
for anything would not send all cash armies to grasp Persia. It is better to wait for any definiteness - and bring it owners of this small fry can only. Leaflet with my biography for certain in your fingers, as barboska in fleas. Two exits, simply are not present others. Masur raised both hands - a tyazhelenny thingummy, perhaps as silver. - Also that you understood? - That is how, allow? Belarus, 1990 The staff of the front remains in Perkhushkovo, and I will remain in Moscow Good-bye".
Publication date: 07/21/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 1753 pages
Nashchokin's face became improbably official and aloof. It is necessary to work a canine friend. It seems find that knife, that is the girl... Lavrik, sitting on shouting type lying prone, skillfully knitted the hands twirled for a back in advance laid up string. As if kopeyshchik standing at it behind the back, the same invisible beings, as well as a giant, zafutbolivshy the first in water, at once got it on the of a spear. - edomyane were late to take out from a loop. - He for a long time became silent, listening to the new feelings which are extremely unusual and very difficult. - Results of the first interrogations. Will guide luster, will sprinkle a little spirits, chroniclers do not have business to the lost pawns and lyrical trifles like "internal struggle".
Publication date: 07/21/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 2033 pages