Using the Smarter Way to Learn method, you actually learn jQuery, you don’t just read about it.Research shows that you learn four times as effectively when you practice after you read. So each chapter is paired with free, interactive exercises--more than 1,000 of them in all. You know you're learning because you can prove it to yourself.
- Testing shows that books and courses load up the learner with too much information at once. Smarter Way chapters are divided into bite-size chunks so you're not overwhelmed.
- Reader friendly. No jargon. Everything is explained in plain, non-technical English.
- Written for beginners, but experienced developers will find it valuable for brushing up their skills.
- Exercises are free and interactive, online.
- Lots of coding examples and illustrations.
- Re-do an exercise as many times as you need to until you get it right and know you got it right.
- Each group of exercises builds on previous chapters so learning is reinforced all along the way.
- Automated Exercise Manager corrects your mistakes and points you in the right direction when you stumble.
- The Smarter Way to Learn series is the most-praised collection of programming books on Amazon. These books have earned more than a thousand 5-star reviews from Amazon readers.
Publication date: 02/27/2016Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 264 pages
New revision is now available. Fully revised and re-edited.HTML5 web applications are now capable of matching or exceeding the scale and sophistication of desktop applications, but with the unique advantage of running natively inside the web browsers on billions of desktop computers, phones, TVs and tablets.This revolution (or more correctly - evolution) has happened for a number of reasons:
- Browsers have introduced new standards-based APIs allowing web applications to (amongst other things) store data offline, retrieve data from the server dynamically, spawn background processes and interact with the filesystem.
- The jQuery library has eased the pain of interacting with Document Object Model, and therefore writing applications that dynamically respond to user interaction.
- The HTML markup language has been overhauled and extended to provide more semantic meaning, and many additional elements and attributes.
Published by: Cisdal Publishing | Publication date: 10/30/2013Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 257 pages
- Use animations and effects. Build drop-down navigation menus, pop-ups, automated slideshows, and more.
- Collect data with web forms. Create easy-to-use forms that ensure more accurate visitor responses.
- Practice with living examples. Get step-by-step tutorials for web projects you can build yourself.
Published by: O'Reilly Media | Publication date: 09/18/2014Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 686 pages
- Select and manipulate document elements
- Alter document structure
- Handle and trigger events
- Create visual effects and animations
- Script HTTP with Ajax utilities
- Use jQuery's selectors and selection methods, utilities, plugins and more
Published by: O'Reilly Media | Publication date: 12/09/2010Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 158 pages
JQUERY: JQuery Programming, For Beginners, Learn Coding Fast! (With 100 Tests & Answers) Crash Course, A Quick Start Tutorial Book with Hands-On Projects. In Easy Steps! An Ultimate Beginner’s Guide!
"JQuery Programming" covers all essential JQuery knowledge. You can learn complete primary skills of JQuery fast and easily. This book includes many practical Hands-On Projects. You can study JQuery coding with Hands-On Projects.Table of ContentsHour 1 JQuery BasicHour 2 JQuery FunctionHour 3 Elements SelectionHour 4 More FunctionHour 5 EventHour 6 Effects & AnimationHour 7 Utility FunctionsHour 8 Ajax by JQueryAppendix JQuery 100 Tests & Answers100 Tests100 AnswersJQuery source code for downloadTags:JQuery, JQuery Language, JQuery Book, JQuery eBook, JQuery Web Design, Learning JQuery, JQuery Coding, JQuery Programming, Learn JQuery, JQuery Reference, JQuery Tutorial, JQuery Crash Course, Study JQuery Step by Step, JQuery Example, JQuery Sample, JQuery Ultimate Guide, JQuery Code, JQuery Program, JQuery Develop, JQuery Development, JQuery Interview, JQuery Test, JQuery Job, JQuery for Beginners, JQuery Quick Start Guide, JQuery for Dummies, JQuery in 8 Hours, JQuery for Kids
Published by: Rails Excel SharePoint AngularJS Access Lamp ActionScript VBA Photoshop Illustrator ColdFusion Teach Yourself | Publication date: 02/10/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 275 pages
The ultimate learn-by-doing approachWritten for beginners with no knowledge of programming, with an emphasis on understanding and memorizing correct syntax. Step-by-step, you learn fundamentals like variables, conditionals, and looping as well as some tricky concepts including variable scope, constructors and prototypes. Many readers say the book made it possible for them to learn when nothing else worked.The book is extremely user-friendly. Chapters cover only as much as the average learner can absorb in ten minutes, so you're never asked to eat an elephant. Explanations are in plain, nontechnical English that people of all backgrounds can readily understand. With ample coding examples and illustrations.The most important part: free, online, interactive exercises paired with each chapter. Cognitive research shows that retention increases 400 percent when learners are challenged to retrieve the information they just read. You'll spend two to three times as long practicing as reading. When you code incorrectly, you'll get as many do-overs as you need, until you know it cold.Testing showed that books and courses load up the reader with far too much information at a time. So I divide up the information into little chunks that won't overwhelm you.A book on coding doesn't have to be written in impenetrable legalese. It can actually be human-readable. My book is.People often learn best through examples, so I provide plenty of them.Most important, before you have a chance to forget what you've read in the book, I ask you to fire up your desktop or laptop (not your mobile device) and head over to my website, where you run a set of interactive exercises, practicing everything you've learned—until you're sure you've mastered it.Readers tell me they often start the exercises thinking they've learned the latest lesson, and quickly find out they're still a little shaky on it. The automated exercise manager protects you against this common learner delusion. It keeps you at it until your overconfidence becomes real confidence—confidence that's based on your excellent performance. There are 1,750 exercises in all. They're all interactive, with an automated answer-checker that corrects your missteps and points you in the right direction when you stumble. And they're all free.Thousands of readers have filled out feedback forms telling me that the combination of the book and interactive exercises is involving, fun, frustration-free, addictive, confidence-building, and...well, read the reviews.
Publication date: 11/28/2013Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 256 pages
- Learn PHP in-depth, along with the basics of object-oriented programming
- Explore MySQL, from database structure to complex queries
- Use the MySQLi Extension, PHP's improved MySQL interface
- Create dynamic PHP web pages that tailor themselves to the user
- Manage cookies and sessions, and maintain a high level of security
- Use Ajax calls for background browser/server communication
- Acquire CSS2 and CSS3 skills for professionally styling your web pages
- Implement all of the new HTML5 features, including geolocation, audio, video, and the canvas
Published by: O'Reilly Media | Publication date: 12/02/2014Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 812 pages
Published by: Greg Sidelnikov | Publication date: 11/24/2013Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 75 pages
- Use jQuery with DOM to overcome the limitations of HTML and CSS
- Learn how jQuery selectors and actions work together
- Write functions and wire them to interface elements
- Use jQuery effects to create actions on the page
- Make your pages come alive with animation
- Build interactive web pages with jQuery and Ajax
- Build forms in web applications
Published by: O'Reilly Media | Publication date: 09/14/2011Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 540 pages
JQUERY: In 8 Hours, For Beginners, Learn Coding Fast! JQuery Programming Language Crash Course, A Quick Start Guide, Tutorial Book with Hands-On Projects, In Easy Steps! An Ultimate Beginner's Guide!
"JQuery in 8 Hours" covers all essential JQuery knowledge. You can learn complete primary skills of JQuery fast and easily. This book includes many practical Hands-On Projects. You can study JQuery coding with Hands-On Projects.Table of ContentsHour 1 JQuery BasicHour 2 JQuery FunctionHour 3 Elements SelectionHour 4 More FunctionHour 5 EventHour 6 Effects & AnimationHour 7 Utility FunctionsHour 8 Ajax by JQueryAppendix JQuery Tests & AnswersTestsAnswersJQuery source code for downloadTags:JQuery, JQuery Language, JQuery Book, JQuery eBook, JQuery Web Design, Learning JQuery, JQuery Coding, JQuery Programming, Learn JQuery, JQuery Reference, JQuery Tutorial, JQuery Crash Course, Study JQuery Step by Step, JQuery Example, JQuery Sample, JQuery Ultimate Guide, JQuery Code, JQuery Program, JQuery Develop, JQuery Development, JQuery Interview, JQuery Test, JQuery Job, JQuery for Beginners, JQuery Quick Start Guide, JQuery for Dummies, JQuery in 8 Hours, JQuery for Kids
Published by: jquery open source jquery link cdn library jquery http website include jquery cdn online jquery link jquery controls jquery from | Publication date: 09/13/2015Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 259 pages