Using the Smarter Way to Learn method, you actually learn jQuery, you don’t just read about it.Research shows that you learn four times as effectively when you practice after you read. So each chapter is paired with free, interactive exercises--more than 1,000 of them in all. You know you're learning because you can prove it to yourself.
- Testing shows that books and courses load up the learner with too much information at once. Smarter Way chapters are divided into bite-size chunks so you're not overwhelmed.
- Reader friendly. No jargon. Everything is explained in plain, non-technical English.
- Written for beginners, but experienced developers will find it valuable for brushing up their skills.
- Exercises are free and interactive, online.
- Lots of coding examples and illustrations.
- Re-do an exercise as many times as you need to until you get it right and know you got it right.
- Each group of exercises builds on previous chapters so learning is reinforced all along the way.
- Automated Exercise Manager corrects your mistakes and points you in the right direction when you stumble.
- The Smarter Way to Learn series is the most-praised collection of programming books on Amazon. These books have earned more than a thousand 5-star reviews from Amazon readers.
Publication date: 02/27/2016Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 264 pages
- Select and manipulate document elements
- Alter document structure
- Handle and trigger events
- Create visual effects and animations
- Script HTTP with Ajax utilities
- Use jQuery's selectors and selection methods, utilities, plugins and more
Published by: O'Reilly Media | Publication date: 12/09/2010Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 158 pages
New revision is now available. Fully revised and re-edited.HTML5 web applications are now capable of matching or exceeding the scale and sophistication of desktop applications, but with the unique advantage of running natively inside the web browsers on billions of desktop computers, phones, TVs and tablets.This revolution (or more correctly - evolution) has happened for a number of reasons:
- Browsers have introduced new standards-based APIs allowing web applications to (amongst other things) store data offline, retrieve data from the server dynamically, spawn background processes and interact with the filesystem.
- The jQuery library has eased the pain of interacting with Document Object Model, and therefore writing applications that dynamically respond to user interaction.
- The HTML markup language has been overhauled and extended to provide more semantic meaning, and many additional elements and attributes.
Published by: Cisdal Publishing | Publication date: 10/30/2013Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 257 pages
- Use animations and effects. Build drop-down navigation menus, pop-ups, automated slideshows, and more.
- Collect data with web forms. Create easy-to-use forms that ensure more accurate visitor responses.
- Practice with living examples. Get step-by-step tutorials for web projects you can build yourself.
Published by: O'Reilly Media | Publication date: 09/18/2014Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 686 pages
Publication date: 11/28/2013Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 256 pages
- Use jQuery with DOM to overcome the limitations of HTML and CSS
- Learn how jQuery selectors and actions work together
- Write functions and wire them to interface elements
- Use jQuery effects to create actions on the page
- Make your pages come alive with animation
- Build interactive web pages with jQuery and Ajax
- Build forms in web applications
Published by: O'Reilly Media | Publication date: 09/14/2011Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 540 pages
Create efficient and smart web applications with jQuery 3.0 using this step-by-step practical tutorialAbout This Book
- Create a fully featured and responsive client-side application using jQuery
- Develop high performance interactive pages
- Create custom interactive elements for your web designs
- Find out how to create the best user interface for your web applications
- Use selectors in a variety of ways to get anything you want from a page when you need it
- Master events to bring your web pages to life
- Add flair to your actions with a variety of different animation effects
- Discover the latest features available in jQuery with the latest update of this incredibly popular title
- Using jQuery npm Packages
Published by: Packt Publishing | Publication date: 05/29/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 448 pages
JQUERY: JQuery Programming, Learn Coding Fast! (With 100 Tests & Answers for Interview) Crash Course, A Quick Start Tutorial Book with Hands-On Projects. In Easy Steps! An Ultimate Beginner’s Guide!
"JQuery Programming" covers all essential JQuery knowledge. You can learn complete primary skills of JQuery fast and easily. This book includes many practical Hands-On Projects. You can study JQuery coding with Hands-On Projects.Table of ContentsHour 1 JQuery BasicHour 2 JQuery FunctionHour 3 Elements SelectionHour 4 More FunctionHour 5 EventHour 6 Effects & AnimationHour 7 Utility FunctionsHour 8 Ajax by JQueryAppendix JQuery 100 Tests & Answers 100 Tests 100 AnswersJQuery source code for downloadTags:JQuery, JQuery Language, JQuery Book, JQuery eBook, JQuery Web Design, Learning JQuery, JQuery Coding, JQuery Programming, Learn JQuery, JQuery Reference, JQuery Tutorial, JQuery Crash Course, Study JQuery Step by Step, JQuery Example, JQuery Sample, JQuery Ultimate Guide, JQuery Code, JQuery Program, JQuery Develop, JQuery Development, JQuery Interview, JQuery Test, JQuery Job, JQuery for Beginners, JQuery Quick Start Guide, JQuery for Dummies, JQuery in 8 Hours, JQuery for Kids
Published by: Rails Excel SharePoint AngularJS Access Lamp ActionScript VBA Photoshop Illustrator ColdFusion Teach Yourself | Publication date: 09/13/2015Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 259 pages
Do you want to build web pages, but have no previous experience? This friendly guide is the perfect place to start. You’ll begin at square one, learning how the Web and web pages work, and then steadily build from there. By the end of the book, you’ll have the skills to create a simple site with multi-column pages that adapt for mobile devices.Learn how to use the latest techniques, best practices, and current web standards—including HTML5 and CSS3. Each chapter provides exercises to help you to learn various techniques, and short quizzes to make sure you understand key concepts.This thoroughly revised edition is ideal for students and professionals of all backgrounds and skill levels, whether you’re a beginner or brushing up on existing skills.
- Build HTML pages with text, links, images, tables, and forms
- Use style sheets (CSS) for colors, backgrounds, formatting text, page layout, and even simple animation effects
- Learn about the new HTML5 elements, APIs, and CSS3 properties that are changing what you can do with web pages
- Make your pages display well on mobile devices by creating a responsive web design
- Create and optimize web graphics so they’ll download as quickly as possible
Published by: O'Reilly Media | Publication date: 08/07/2012Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 624 pages
Published by: O'Reilly Media | Publication date: 04/18/2011Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 1096 pages