HTML5: Everyone’s using it, nobody knows what it is. I realize that sounds more like a line out of an existential movie — maybe Waiting for Godot or a screenplay by Sartre — than a statement about HTML5. But it’s really the truth: most of the people using HTML5 are treating it as HTML4+, or even worse, HTML4 (and some stuff they don’t use). The result? A real delay in the paradigm shift that HTML5 is almost certain to bring. It’s certainly not time to look away, because by the time you look back, you may have missed something really important: a subtle but important transition centered around HTML5.
Published by: O'Reilly Media | Publication date: 07/13/2011Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 24 pages
HTML5 for Masterminds, Revised 3rd Edition: How to take advantage of HTML5 to create responsive websites and revolutionary applications
- Form API
- Canvas API
- WebGL API and Three.js
- Web Audio API
- IndexedDB API
- Web Storage API
- File API
- Web Socket API
- WebRTC API
- Stream API
- FullScreen API
- Ajax Level 2
- Web Workers API
- Drag and Drop API
- History API
- Web Messaging API
- Pointer Lock API
- Geolocation API
- Page Visibility API
- TextTrack API
Published by: MinkBooks | Publication date: 07/14/2014Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 570 pages
About the bookWithout doubt HTML5 is the future of the web and HTML5 in easy steps demonstrates all you can achieve NOW in the latest browsers - all described in easy to follow steps.HTML5 in easy steps instructs you how to employ the latest development for web page design with HyperText Markup Language (HTML5). Modern web browsers have united to support exciting new features of the HTML5 standard that allows easy creation of stunning web pages and engaging interactive applications.HTML5 in easy steps contains examples and screenshots that illustrate each feature of HTML5, describing how to incorporate meta information about a document within its 'head' section and how to add structured 'body' content. You'll learn how to create web pages to display text, images, lists, tables, hyperlinks, forms, audio, and video - and also how to write script instructions that draw and animate graphics on embedded 'canvas' areas. Each chapter builds your knowledge so by the end of the book you'll have gained a sound understanding of HTML5.HTML5 in easy steps has an easy-to-follow style that will appeal to anyone looking to create compelling web pages for the latest browsers. Ideal for programmers who need to quickly learn the latest HTML5 techniques, students learning website design at school or college, those seeking a career in web development who need a thorough understanding of HTML5, and the enthusiast eager to build the latest HTML5 features into their websites. About the authorMike McGrath now lives in South-east Europe, on the sun-kissed shores of the Aegean Sea. Mike gained his extensive knowledge of computer languages while working as a developer contracting to companies around the world. His interests include coins of ancient Greece, dining-out with friends, and the ongoing evolution of the world wide web.
Published by: In Easy Steps | Publication date: 04/05/2011Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 240 pages
- HTML5 builds natively into the web platform things we find most commonly useful, such as audio, video, and drawing
- The Canvas element is changing graphic animations, games, audio visualization, charting, and video effects
- Geolocation has spawned “geofencing” and augmented reality
- Web Workers allows calculations to be performed in the background, rather than compete with the UI
- Web Sockets is enabling realtime communication for chat, live tech support, multi-user collaboration, and gaming
- Mobile device APIs will give web apps direct access the phone’s camera, vibration, and other capabilities
Published by: O'Reilly Media | Publication date: 06/30/2012Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 23 pages
- Examines new web development advancements including new technologies and changes to the standards
- Features a website that contains supporting materials including code and several valuable programs that are useful for web development
Published by: For Dummies | Publication date: 01/08/2014Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 987 pages
Learn the HTML5 and CSS3 you need to help you design responsive and future-proof websites that meet the demands of modern web usersAbout This Book
- Learn and explore how to harness the latest features of HTML5 in the context of responsive web design
- Learn to wield the new Flexbox layout mechanism, code responsive images, and understand how to implement SVGs in a responsive project
- Make your pages interactive by using CSS animations, transformations, and transitions
- Understand what responsive design is, and why it's vital for modern web development
- HTML5 markup is cleaner, faster, and more semantically rich than anything that has come before - learn how to use it and its latest features
- Integrate CSS3 media queries into your designs to use different styles for different media. You’ll also learn about future media queries which are evolving in CSS4.
- Responsive images allow different images to be presented in different scenarios. We’ll cover how to load different sets of images depending upon screen size or resolution and how to display different images in different contexts.
- Conquer forms! Add validation and useful interface elements like date pickers and range sliders with HTML5 markup alone.
- Implement SVGs into your responsive designs to provide resolution independent images, and learn how to adapt and animate them
- Learn how to use the latest features of CSS including custom fonts, nth-child selectors (and some CSS4 selectors), CSS custom properties (variables), and CSS calc
Published by: Packt Publishing | Publication date: 08/24/2015Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 314 pages
New revision is now available. Fully revised and re-edited.HTML5 web applications are now capable of matching or exceeding the scale and sophistication of desktop applications, but with the unique advantage of running natively inside the web browsers on billions of desktop computers, phones, TVs and tablets.This revolution (or more correctly - evolution) has happened for a number of reasons:
- Browsers have introduced new standards-based APIs allowing web applications to (amongst other things) store data offline, retrieve data from the server dynamically, spawn background processes and interact with the filesystem.
- The jQuery library has eased the pain of interacting with Document Object Model, and therefore writing applications that dynamically respond to user interaction.
- The HTML markup language has been overhauled and extended to provide more semantic meaning, and many additional elements and attributes.
Published by: Cisdal Publishing | Publication date: 10/30/2013Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 257 pages
HTML5 is more than a markup language—it’s a collection of several independent web standards. Fortunately, this expanded guide covers everything you need in one convenient place. With step-by-step tutorials and real-world examples, HTML5: The Missing Manual shows you how to build web apps that include video tools, dynamic graphics, geolocation, offline features, and responsive layouts for mobile devices.The important stuff you need to know:
- Structure web pages more effectively. Learn how HTML5 helps web design tools and search engines work smarter.
- Add audio and video without plugins. Build playback pages that work in every browser.
- Create stunning visuals with Canvas. Draw shapes, pictures, and text; play animations; and run interactive games.
- Jazz up your pages with CSS3. Add fancy fonts and eye-catching effects with transitions and animation.
- Design better web forms. Collect information from visitors more efficiently with HTML5 form elements.
- Build it once, run it everywhere. Use responsive design to make your site look good on desktops, tablets, and smartphones.
- Include rich desktop features. Build self-sufficient web apps that work offline and store the data users need.
Published by: O'Reilly Media | Publication date: 12/17/2013Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 518 pages
Are You Ready To Learn Html5 and CSS3 Easily? Welcome to this training for the Kindle edition of “HTML5 & CSS3 For Beginners: Your Guide To Easily Learn HTML5 & CSS3 Programming in 24 Hours”. This book contains the steps, strategies, and information you need to learn HTML5 and CSS3, the latest and current standard languages for creating websites and designing web pages. It was conceptualised and developed to help beginners, business owners, and interested web users master the powerful features of these website creation and styling tools in as fast as one day. Beginners and experienced web developers alike will find this practical book an enjoyable and reliable resource for learning the two hottest languages in website creation and design on their own. If you’re planning to launch a lucrative career in web development, learning HTML5 and CSS3 through this learning material is the easiest, fastest, and least expensive way to start. This visual-aided instruction material is a step-by-step guide to help you make use of the available tools, layout styles, built-in effects, and designing features of HTML5 and CSS3. It presents the precise steps and the image of the outcome after performing the steps. It will guide you from the very first step in website creation to the task of styling your web pages to make it attractive and pleasing to you and your visitors.HTML is a markup language used to create web pages. An HTML code provides the structure and layout of a web page and instructs the web browsers what to display and how to present the text, images, videos, and sounds to viewers. HTML5, its latest version, is a backward-compatible language with many new and outstanding features that are supported and used by the major browsers such as Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, and Opera. HTML5 is an easy-to-learn website creation tool that uses concise syntax and flexible code structure. This book presents the tools, options, and features of HTML5 and shows how you can use them to create a visually attractive and user-friendly website. It features images to show the tools and the outcome of the steps. You will never get lost as you try out each code and explore its elements and properties. The step-by-step guide provided in this book will show you how you can use free and simple text editors to write and run your own HTML code. It provides the instruction and the information you need to write your code accurately and take advantage of the many powerful features of HTML5. The book includes standard references that you can read to learn about and make full use of the capabilities of HTML5 and CSS3. It presents quick guides to the most commonly used attribute, properties and their possible values and provides relevant examples to illustrate the topics. The chapters are strategically arranged to help you build the required skills as you proceed. Here’s What You’ll Learn From This Html5 and CSS3 For Beginners Book: ✓ CHAPTER 1: INTRODUCTION TO HTML✓ CHAPTER 2: ELEMENTS, ATTRIBUTES, AND VALUES✓ CHAPTER 3: STRUCTURE of HTML FILES ✓ CHAPTER 4: PARAGRAPHS✓ CHAPTER 5: LISTS ✓ CHAPTER 6: STYLING TEXT✓ CHAPTER 7: USING COLORS✓ CHAPTER 8: BACKGROUND AND IMAGES✓ CHAPTER 9: TABLES✓ CHAPTER 10: HYPERLINKS✓ CHAPTER 11: FORMS✓ CHAPTER 12: HTML LAYOUT ELEMENTS✓ CHAPTER 13: HTML MULTIMEDIA ✓ CHAPTER 14: CSS3✓ CHAPTER 15: STYLING TEXT✓ CHAPTER 16: FORMATTING LAYOUT✓ CHAPTER 17: STYLING BORDERS✓ CHAPTER 18: STYLING LISTS✓ CHAPTER 19: OTHER CSS3 FEATURES What Are You Waiting For? Start Coding Html5 and CSS3 Right Now!
Publication date: 05/18/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 251 pages
If you don't know about the new features available in HTML5, now's the time to find out. This book provides practical information about how and why the latest version of this markup language will significantly change the way you develop for the Web.HTML5 is still evolving, yet browsers such as Safari, Mozilla, Opera, and Chrome already support many of its features -- and mobile browsers are even farther ahead. HTML5: Up & Running carefully guides you though the important changes in this version with lots of hands-on examples, including markup, graphics, and screenshots. You'll learn how to use HTML5 markup to add video, offline capabilities, and more -- and you’ll be able to put that functionality to work right away.
- Learn new semantic elements, such as , , and
- Embed video in your web pages without third-party plugins
- Use Geolocation to let web application visitors share their physical location
- Take advantage of local storage capacity that goes way beyond cookies
- Build offline web applications that work after network access is disconnected
- Learn about several new input types for web forms
- Create your own custom vocabularies in HTML5 with microdata
Published by: O'Reilly Media | Publication date: 08/06/2010Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 222 pages