New revision is now available. Fully revised and re-edited.HTML5 web applications are now capable of matching or exceeding the scale and sophistication of desktop applications, but with the unique advantage of running natively inside the web browsers on billions of desktop computers, phones, TVs and tablets.This revolution (or more correctly - evolution) has happened for a number of reasons:
- Browsers have introduced new standards-based APIs allowing web applications to (amongst other things) store data offline, retrieve data from the server dynamically, spawn background processes and interact with the filesystem.
- The jQuery library has eased the pain of interacting with Document Object Model, and therefore writing applications that dynamically respond to user interaction.
- The HTML markup language has been overhauled and extended to provide more semantic meaning, and many additional elements and attributes.
Published by: Cisdal Publishing | Publication date: 10/30/2013Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 257 pages
Publication date: 05/27/2016Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 468 pages
- Examines new web development advancements including new technologies and changes to the standards
- Features a website that contains supporting materials including code and several valuable programs that are useful for web development
Published by: For Dummies | Publication date: 01/08/2014Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 987 pages
HTML5 for Masterminds, Revised 3rd Edition: How to take advantage of HTML5 to create responsive websites and revolutionary applications
- Form API
- Canvas API
- WebGL API and Three.js
- Web Audio API
- IndexedDB API
- Web Storage API
- File API
- Web Socket API
- WebRTC API
- Stream API
- FullScreen API
- Ajax Level 2
- Web Workers API
- Drag and Drop API
- History API
- Web Messaging API
- Pointer Lock API
- Geolocation API
- Page Visibility API
- TextTrack API
Published by: MinkBooks | Publication date: 07/14/2014Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 570 pages
Using the Smarter Way to Learn method, you actually learn HTML/CSS, you don’t just read about it.Research shows that you learn four times as effectively when you practice after you read. So each chapter is paired with free, interactive exercises--more than 1,000 of them in all. You know you're learning because you can prove it to yourself.
- Testing shows that books and courses load up the learner with too much information at once. Smarter Way chapters are divided into bite-size chunks so you're not overwhelmed.
- Reader friendly. No jargon. Everything is explained in plain, non-technical English.
- Written for beginners, but experienced developers will find it valuable for brushing up their skills.
- Exercises are free and interactive, online.
- Lots of coding examples and illustrations.
- Re-do an exercise as many times as you need to until you get it right and know you got it right.
- Each group of exercises builds on previous chapters so learning is reinforced all along the way.
- Automated Exercise Manager corrects your mistakes and points you in the right direction when you stumble.
- The Smarter Way to Learn series is the most-praised collection of programming books on Amazon. These books have earned more than a thousand 5-star reviews from Amazon readers.
Publication date: 03/11/2015Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 259 pages
Discover What's New in HTML5In this book, you are going to discover the basics of HTML 5 and how it works. If you are already familiar with other versions of HTML, especially HTML 4, than learning HTML 5 will be a piece of cake for you. HTML 5 is the latest version of Hypertext Markup Language, yet it incorporates various features from HTML 4 and even XHTML. What you'll discover in HTML5
- The differences between HTML 4 and HTML 5
- HTML 5 Document Structure
- The HTML 5 Document Structure
- HTML 5 Headings and Paragraphs
- Formatting Text & Creating Lists
- Creating Tables in HTML 5
- HTML 5 Forms
- Understanding Hyperlinks
- Working with Images
- Working with Video and Audio
- Web Page Layout
- Understanding Quotations, iframes, and Entities
Publication date: 05/29/2015Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 113 pages
- Learn how to make your pages truly interactive by using the power of the DOM.
- Use the Geolocation API to know where your users are.
- Bring out your inner artist with Canvas, HTML5’s new 2D drawing surface.
- Go beyond just plugging a video into your pages, and create custom video experiences.
- Learn the secret to grabbing five megabytes of storage in every user’s browser.
- Improve your page’s responsiveness and performance with Web workers.
- And much more.
Published by: O'Reilly Media | Publication date: 12/20/2011Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 610 pages
Need help finding the right HTML5 element or attribute for your web page or application? HTML5 Pocket Reference is the classic reference that web designers and developers have been keeping close at hand for more than thirteen years.This fifth edition has been updated to reflect the current state of HTML5, including the HTML5 Candidate Recommendation, the emerging HTML5.1 Working Draft, and the living WHATWG standard. Features include:
- An alphabetical listing of every element and attribute in HTML5, HTML5.1, and the WHATWG living standard
- Descriptions, markup examples, content categories, content models, and start- and end-tag requirements for every element
- At-a-glance notes indicating the differences between the HTML5 specifications and HTML 4.01
- Useful charts of special characters
- An overview of HTML5 APIs
Published by: O'Reilly Media | Publication date: 07/19/2013Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 184 pages
The Ultimate Beginner's Guide To Learning HTML - Learning HTML Has Never Been Easier!***HTML Broken Down Into Easy To Follow Steps With Extensive Examples & Real Application!***Do you want to learn HTML but don't know where to start? Are you overwhelmed by the 1,000 page long books that simply have TOO much information and are impossible to follow? Do you want to be up and running with HTML in just a few hours? Do you like getting the best 'bang' for your 'buck'? (Of course you do!)If so, then look no further. The "HMTL QuickStart Guide" will take you step-by-step through the learning process so you will understand fundamental tags and elements all the way to building a full-fledged HMTL5 compliant web page. Are you looking to change careers to something that will pay you more and have more flexibility? Are you looking to learn just for fun on the side? No matter why you want to learn HTML the "HTML QuickStart Guide" has you covered.Extensive Examples & Screenshots of What You Should See Makes This Book Like Having An HTML Guru Right Over Your Shoulder While You Learn!Let's face it - HTML has been around for a LONG TIME and it is not going anywhere. With more opportunities for web development appearing every day, it is critical for anyone who planning on creating Anything online to understand HTML. HTML is everywhere you look on the web - it's on EVERY WEB PAGE on the Internet today! It's marking up this description right in front of your eyes!"HTML QuickStart Guide" has been specifically designed by HTML experts with ease of learning in mind to ensure you don't get stuck, lost or lose hope in the learning process. Never again will you need to waste your time searching the internet, watching YouTube videos and paying crazy amounts of money for online courses! What's Required?
- No Prior Knowledge Required!
- No Special Software or Programs!
- All You Need Is a Desire To Learn!
- People With Zero To Little HTML Experience!
- HTML Experts Looking To Brush Up On The Basics!
- People Looking To Learn HTML For Fun!
- People Looking To Learn HTML For a Career!
- Foundational HTML Terminology Explained
- Basic Page Structure - Head & Body Mark Up
- Page Content Creation - Pagragraphs, Lists, Tables and Images
- Content Structure - Headers, Footers, Semantic Images
- The Importance of HTML5 Compatibility
- The Top Mistakes to AVOID That Those New To HTML Make!
Published by: ClydeBank Media LLC | Publication date: 04/08/2015Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 76 pages
HTML5 is more than a markup language—it’s a collection of several independent web standards. Fortunately, this expanded guide covers everything you need in one convenient place. With step-by-step tutorials and real-world examples, HTML5: The Missing Manual shows you how to build web apps that include video tools, dynamic graphics, geolocation, offline features, and responsive layouts for mobile devices.The important stuff you need to know:
- Structure web pages more effectively. Learn how HTML5 helps web design tools and search engines work smarter.
- Add audio and video without plugins. Build playback pages that work in every browser.
- Create stunning visuals with Canvas. Draw shapes, pictures, and text; play animations; and run interactive games.
- Jazz up your pages with CSS3. Add fancy fonts and eye-catching effects with transitions and animation.
- Design better web forms. Collect information from visitors more efficiently with HTML5 form elements.
- Build it once, run it everywhere. Use responsive design to make your site look good on desktops, tablets, and smartphones.
- Include rich desktop features. Build self-sufficient web apps that work offline and store the data users need.
Published by: O'Reilly Media | Publication date: 12/17/2013Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 518 pages