New revision is now available. Fully revised and re-edited.HTML5 web applications are now capable of matching or exceeding the scale and sophistication of desktop applications, but with the unique advantage of running natively inside the web browsers on billions of desktop computers, phones, TVs and tablets.This revolution (or more correctly - evolution) has happened for a number of reasons:
- Browsers have introduced new standards-based APIs allowing web applications to (amongst other things) store data offline, retrieve data from the server dynamically, spawn background processes and interact with the filesystem.
- The jQuery library has eased the pain of interacting with Document Object Model, and therefore writing applications that dynamically respond to user interaction.
- The HTML markup language has been overhauled and extended to provide more semantic meaning, and many additional elements and attributes.
Published by: Cisdal Publishing | Publication date: 10/30/2013Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 257 pages
- Examines new web development advancements including new technologies and changes to the standards
- Features a website that contains supporting materials including code and several valuable programs that are useful for web development
Published by: For Dummies | Publication date: 01/08/2014Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 987 pages
HTML5 is more than a markup language—it’s a collection of several independent web standards. Fortunately, this expanded guide covers everything you need in one convenient place. With step-by-step tutorials and real-world examples, HTML5: The Missing Manual shows you how to build web apps that include video tools, dynamic graphics, geolocation, offline features, and responsive layouts for mobile devices.The important stuff you need to know:
- Structure web pages more effectively. Learn how HTML5 helps web design tools and search engines work smarter.
- Add audio and video without plugins. Build playback pages that work in every browser.
- Create stunning visuals with Canvas. Draw shapes, pictures, and text; play animations; and run interactive games.
- Jazz up your pages with CSS3. Add fancy fonts and eye-catching effects with transitions and animation.
- Design better web forms. Collect information from visitors more efficiently with HTML5 form elements.
- Build it once, run it everywhere. Use responsive design to make your site look good on desktops, tablets, and smartphones.
- Include rich desktop features. Build self-sufficient web apps that work offline and store the data users need.
Published by: O'Reilly Media | Publication date: 12/17/2013Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 518 pages
Discover What's New in HTML5In this book, you are going to discover the basics of HTML 5 and how it works. If you are already familiar with other versions of HTML, especially HTML 4, than learning HTML 5 will be a piece of cake for you. HTML 5 is the latest version of Hypertext Markup Language, yet it incorporates various features from HTML 4 and even XHTML. What you'll discover in HTML5
- The differences between HTML 4 and HTML 5
- HTML 5 Document Structure
- The HTML 5 Document Structure
- HTML 5 Headings and Paragraphs
- Formatting Text & Creating Lists
- Creating Tables in HTML 5
- HTML 5 Forms
- Understanding Hyperlinks
- Working with Images
- Working with Video and Audio
- Web Page Layout
- Understanding Quotations, iframes, and Entities
Publication date: 05/29/2015Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 113 pages
HTML5 for Masterminds, Revised 3rd Edition: How to take advantage of HTML5 to create responsive websites and revolutionary applications
- Form API
- Canvas API
- WebGL API and Three.js
- Web Audio API
- IndexedDB API
- Web Storage API
- File API
- Web Socket API
- WebRTC API
- Stream API
- FullScreen API
- Ajax Level 2
- Web Workers API
- Drag and Drop API
- History API
- Web Messaging API
- Pointer Lock API
- Geolocation API
- Page Visibility API
- TextTrack API
Published by: MinkBooks | Publication date: 07/14/2014Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 570 pages
Using the Smarter Way to Learn method, you actually learn HTML/CSS, you don’t just read about it.Research shows that you learn four times as effectively when you practice after you read. So each chapter is paired with free, interactive exercises--more than 1,000 of them in all. You know you're learning because you can prove it to yourself.
- Testing shows that books and courses load up the learner with too much information at once. Smarter Way chapters are divided into bite-size chunks so you're not overwhelmed.
- Reader friendly. No jargon. Everything is explained in plain, non-technical English.
- Written for beginners, but experienced developers will find it valuable for brushing up their skills.
- Exercises are free and interactive, online.
- Lots of coding examples and illustrations.
- Re-do an exercise as many times as you need to until you get it right and know you got it right.
- Each group of exercises builds on previous chapters so learning is reinforced all along the way.
- Automated Exercise Manager corrects your mistakes and points you in the right direction when you stumble.
- The Smarter Way to Learn series is the most-praised collection of programming books on Amazon. These books have earned more than a thousand 5-star reviews from Amazon readers.
Publication date: 03/11/2015Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 259 pages
Learn the HTML5 and CSS3 you need to help you design responsive and future-proof websites that meet the demands of modern web usersAbout This Book
- Learn and explore how to harness the latest features of HTML5 in the context of responsive web design
- Learn to wield the new Flexbox layout mechanism, code responsive images, and understand how to implement SVGs in a responsive project
- Make your pages interactive by using CSS animations, transformations, and transitions
- Understand what responsive design is, and why it's vital for modern web development
- HTML5 markup is cleaner, faster, and more semantically rich than anything that has come before - learn how to use it and its latest features
- Integrate CSS3 media queries into your designs to use different styles for different media. You’ll also learn about future media queries which are evolving in CSS4.
- Responsive images allow different images to be presented in different scenarios. We’ll cover how to load different sets of images depending upon screen size or resolution and how to display different images in different contexts.
- Conquer forms! Add validation and useful interface elements like date pickers and range sliders with HTML5 markup alone.
- Implement SVGs into your responsive designs to provide resolution independent images, and learn how to adapt and animate them
- Learn how to use the latest features of CSS including custom fonts, nth-child selectors (and some CSS4 selectors), CSS custom properties (variables), and CSS calc
Published by: Packt Publishing | Publication date: 08/24/2015Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 314 pages
Publication date: 05/27/2016Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 468 pages
Publication date: 09/27/2016Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 220 pages
- Provides in-depth, hands-on training you take at your own pace
- Features pragmatic lessons, exercises, and practices
- Creates a foundation of skills which, along with on-the-job experience, can be measured by Microsoft Certification exams such as 70-480
Published by: Microsoft Press | Publication date: 03/15/2013Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 688 pages