HTML5 is the lαtest αnd most enhαnced version of HTML.Technicαlly, HTML is not α progrαmming lαnguαge, but rαther α mαrk up lαnguαge.This tutoriαl hαs been designed for beginners in HTML5 providing the bαsic to αdvαnced concepts of the subject.Before stαrting this tutoriαl you should be αwαre of the bαsic understαnding of HTML αnd its tαgs
Publication date: 10/02/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 204 pages
HTML5 is more than a markup language—it’s a collection of several independent web standards. Fortunately, this expanded guide covers everything you need in one convenient place. With step-by-step tutorials and real-world examples, HTML5: The Missing Manual shows you how to build web apps that include video tools, dynamic graphics, geolocation, offline features, and responsive layouts for mobile devices.The important stuff you need to know:
- Structure web pages more effectively. Learn how HTML5 helps web design tools and search engines work smarter.
- Add audio and video without plugins. Build playback pages that work in every browser.
- Create stunning visuals with Canvas. Draw shapes, pictures, and text; play animations; and run interactive games.
- Jazz up your pages with CSS3. Add fancy fonts and eye-catching effects with transitions and animation.
- Design better web forms. Collect information from visitors more efficiently with HTML5 form elements.
- Build it once, run it everywhere. Use responsive design to make your site look good on desktops, tablets, and smartphones.
- Include rich desktop features. Build self-sufficient web apps that work offline and store the data users need.
Published by: O'Reilly Media | Publication date: 12/17/2013Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 518 pages
HTML5 for Masterminds, Revised 3rd Edition: How to take advantage of HTML5 to create responsive websites and revolutionary applications
- Form API
- Canvas API
- WebGL API and Three.js
- Web Audio API
- IndexedDB API
- Web Storage API
- File API
- Web Socket API
- WebRTC API
- Stream API
- FullScreen API
- Ajax Level 2
- Web Workers API
- Drag and Drop API
- History API
- Web Messaging API
- Pointer Lock API
- Geolocation API
- Page Visibility API
- TextTrack API
Published by: MinkBooks | Publication date: 07/14/2014Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 570 pages
New revision is now available. Fully revised and re-edited.HTML5 web applications are now capable of matching or exceeding the scale and sophistication of desktop applications, but with the unique advantage of running natively inside the web browsers on billions of desktop computers, phones, TVs and tablets.This revolution (or more correctly - evolution) has happened for a number of reasons:
- Browsers have introduced new standards-based APIs allowing web applications to (amongst other things) store data offline, retrieve data from the server dynamically, spawn background processes and interact with the filesystem.
- The jQuery library has eased the pain of interacting with Document Object Model, and therefore writing applications that dynamically respond to user interaction.
- The HTML markup language has been overhauled and extended to provide more semantic meaning, and many additional elements and attributes.
Published by: Cisdal Publishing | Publication date: 10/30/2013Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 257 pages
If you are at all familiar with HTML, chances are you want to know more about the cutting-edge digital development toolbox, HTML5. Whether you are building your knowledge base from scratch or you are a seasoned user of HTML, this guide will be an excellent reference source to learn more about the changes and additions to HTML that will be affecting a browser near you!
Published by: BarCharts Inc. | Publication date: 10/15/2015Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 54 pages
- Examines new web development advancements including new technologies and changes to the standards
- Features a website that contains supporting materials including code and several valuable programs that are useful for web development
Published by: For Dummies | Publication date: 01/08/2014Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 987 pages
Using the Smarter Way to Learn method, you actually learn HTML/CSS, you don’t just read about it.Research shows that you learn four times as effectively when you practice after you read. So each chapter is paired with free, interactive exercises--more than 1,000 of them in all. You know you're learning because you can prove it to yourself.
- Testing shows that books and courses load up the learner with too much information at once. Smarter Way chapters are divided into bite-size chunks so you're not overwhelmed.
- Reader friendly. No jargon. Everything is explained in plain, non-technical English.
- Written for beginners, but experienced developers will find it valuable for brushing up their skills.
- Exercises are free and interactive, online.
- Lots of coding examples and illustrations.
- Re-do an exercise as many times as you need to until you get it right and know you got it right.
- Each group of exercises builds on previous chapters so learning is reinforced all along the way.
- Automated Exercise Manager corrects your mistakes and points you in the right direction when you stumble.
- The Smarter Way to Learn series is the most-praised collection of programming books on Amazon. These books have earned more than a thousand 5-star reviews from Amazon readers.
Published by: Unknown | Publication date: 03/11/2015Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 259 pages
Now readers can master Web page design as they learn from the unique, hands-on approach found in NEW PERSPECTIVES HTML5 AND CSS3: COMPREHENSIVE, 7E. Each tutorial in this complete book challenges learners to put into practice the concepts they have just learned. Every tutorial includes a basic statement of the problem, the goals to be achieved, and a helpful demonstration of how to complete the task to create a fully functional website. Readers do not need any prior experience with HTML or CSS or any specialized software other than a basic editor and Web browser. With the book’s user-friendly approach, learners develop important problem-solving skills as they apply what they’ve learned in a professional environment. Successfully completing this book’s tutorial cases and case problems can act a springboard to develop the reader’s own professional portfolio that showcases strong abilities in website design.Important Notice: Media content referenced within the product description or the product text may not be available in the ebook version.
Published by: Cengage Learning | Publication date: 01/01/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 872 pages
Need help finding the right HTML5 element or attribute for your web page or application? HTML5 Pocket Reference is the classic reference that web designers and developers have been keeping close at hand for more than thirteen years.This fifth edition has been updated to reflect the current state of HTML5, including the HTML5 Candidate Recommendation, the emerging HTML5.1 Working Draft, and the living WHATWG standard. Features include:
- An alphabetical listing of every element and attribute in HTML5, HTML5.1, and the WHATWG living standard
- Descriptions, markup examples, content categories, content models, and start- and end-tag requirements for every element
- At-a-glance notes indicating the differences between the HTML5 specifications and HTML 4.01
- Useful charts of special characters
- An overview of HTML5 APIs
Published by: O'Reilly Media | Publication date: 07/19/2013Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 184 pages
Build your next game on a bigger scale with Pro HTML5 Games. This essential book teaches you to master advanced game programming in HTML5. You’ll learn techniques that you can transfer to any area of HTML5 game development to make your own professional HTML5 games.Led by an expert game programmer, you’ll build two complete games in HTML5: a strategy puzzle game based on the Box2d physics engine and in the style of Angry Birds and a real-time strategy (RTS) game complete with units, buildings, path-finding, artificial intelligence, and multiplayer support. This new and fully updated second edition now includes chapters on mobile game development and an essential game developer's toolkit. Understand how to develop complex, bolder games and become an HTML5 games pro using Pro HTML5 Games today. What You'll Learn
- Create realistic physics in your game by incorporating the Box2d physics engine
- Design large worlds with lots of characters and let users interact with them
- Use sprite sheets, panning, parallax scrolling, and sound effects to build a more polished game
- Incorporate pathfinding and steering to help characters navigate through your world
- Create challenging levels with intelligent enemies by using decision trees, state machines, and scripted events
- Add multiplayer in your games using Node.js and the WebSocket API
Published by: Apress | Publication date: 10/05/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 426 pages