HTML5 for Masterminds, Revised 3rd Edition: How to take advantage of HTML5 to create responsive websites and revolutionary applications
- Form API
- Canvas API
- WebGL API and Three.js
- Web Audio API
- IndexedDB API
- Web Storage API
- File API
- Web Socket API
- WebRTC API
- Stream API
- FullScreen API
- Ajax Level 2
- Web Workers API
- Drag and Drop API
- History API
- Web Messaging API
- Pointer Lock API
- Geolocation API
- Page Visibility API
- TextTrack API
Published by: MinkBooks | Publication date: 07/14/2014Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 570 pages
HTML5 is more than a markup language—it’s a collection of several independent web standards. Fortunately, this expanded guide covers everything you need in one convenient place. With step-by-step tutorials and real-world examples, HTML5: The Missing Manual shows you how to build web apps that include video tools, dynamic graphics, geolocation, offline features, and responsive layouts for mobile devices.The important stuff you need to know:
- Structure web pages more effectively. Learn how HTML5 helps web design tools and search engines work smarter.
- Add audio and video without plugins. Build playback pages that work in every browser.
- Create stunning visuals with Canvas. Draw shapes, pictures, and text; play animations; and run interactive games.
- Jazz up your pages with CSS3. Add fancy fonts and eye-catching effects with transitions and animation.
- Design better web forms. Collect information from visitors more efficiently with HTML5 form elements.
- Build it once, run it everywhere. Use responsive design to make your site look good on desktops, tablets, and smartphones.
- Include rich desktop features. Build self-sufficient web apps that work offline and store the data users need.
Published by: O'Reilly Media | Publication date: 12/17/2013Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 518 pages
New revision is now available. Fully revised and re-edited.HTML5 web applications are now capable of matching or exceeding the scale and sophistication of desktop applications, but with the unique advantage of running natively inside the web browsers on billions of desktop computers, phones, TVs and tablets.This revolution (or more correctly - evolution) has happened for a number of reasons:
- Browsers have introduced new standards-based APIs allowing web applications to (amongst other things) store data offline, retrieve data from the server dynamically, spawn background processes and interact with the filesystem.
- The jQuery library has eased the pain of interacting with Document Object Model, and therefore writing applications that dynamically respond to user interaction.
- The HTML markup language has been overhauled and extended to provide more semantic meaning, and many additional elements and attributes.
Published by: Cisdal Publishing | Publication date: 10/30/2013Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 257 pages
Using the Smarter Way to Learn method, you actually learn HTML/CSS, you don’t just read about it.Research shows that you learn four times as effectively when you practice after you read. So each chapter is paired with free, interactive exercises--more than 1,000 of them in all. You know you're learning because you can prove it to yourself.
- Testing shows that books and courses load up the learner with too much information at once. Smarter Way chapters are divided into bite-size chunks so you're not overwhelmed.
- Reader friendly. No jargon. Everything is explained in plain, non-technical English.
- Written for beginners, but experienced developers will find it valuable for brushing up their skills.
- Exercises are free and interactive, online.
- Lots of coding examples and illustrations.
- Re-do an exercise as many times as you need to until you get it right and know you got it right.
- Each group of exercises builds on previous chapters so learning is reinforced all along the way.
- Automated Exercise Manager corrects your mistakes and points you in the right direction when you stumble.
- The Smarter Way to Learn series is the most-praised collection of programming books on Amazon. These books have earned more than a thousand 5-star reviews from Amazon readers.
Publication date: 03/11/2015Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 259 pages
- Examines new web development advancements including new technologies and changes to the standards
- Features a website that contains supporting materials including code and several valuable programs that are useful for web development
Published by: For Dummies | Publication date: 01/08/2014Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 987 pages
Need help finding the right HTML5 element or attribute for your web page or application? HTML5 Pocket Reference is the classic reference that web designers and developers have been keeping close at hand for more than thirteen years.This fifth edition has been updated to reflect the current state of HTML5, including the HTML5 Candidate Recommendation, the emerging HTML5.1 Working Draft, and the living WHATWG standard. Features include:
- An alphabetical listing of every element and attribute in HTML5, HTML5.1, and the WHATWG living standard
- Descriptions, markup examples, content categories, content models, and start- and end-tag requirements for every element
- At-a-glance notes indicating the differences between the HTML5 specifications and HTML 4.01
- Useful charts of special characters
- An overview of HTML5 APIs
Published by: O'Reilly Media | Publication date: 07/19/2013Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 184 pages
Learn the HTML5 and CSS3 you need to help you design responsive and future-proof websites that meet the demands of modern web usersAbout This Book
- Learn and explore how to harness the latest features of HTML5 in the context of responsive web design
- Learn to wield the new Flexbox layout mechanism, code responsive images, and understand how to implement SVGs in a responsive project
- Make your pages interactive by using CSS animations, transformations, and transitions
- Understand what responsive design is, and why it's vital for modern web development
- HTML5 markup is cleaner, faster, and more semantically rich than anything that has come before - learn how to use it and its latest features
- Integrate CSS3 media queries into your designs to use different styles for different media. You’ll also learn about future media queries which are evolving in CSS4.
- Responsive images allow different images to be presented in different scenarios. We’ll cover how to load different sets of images depending upon screen size or resolution and how to display different images in different contexts.
- Conquer forms! Add validation and useful interface elements like date pickers and range sliders with HTML5 markup alone.
- Implement SVGs into your responsive designs to provide resolution independent images, and learn how to adapt and animate them
- Learn how to use the latest features of CSS including custom fonts, nth-child selectors (and some CSS4 selectors), CSS custom properties (variables), and CSS calc
Published by: Packt Publishing | Publication date: 08/24/2015Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 314 pages
The Ultimate Beginner's Guide To Learning HTML - Learning HTML Has Never Been Easier!***HTML Broken Down Into Easy To Follow Steps With Extensive Examples & Real Application!***Do you want to learn HTML but don't know where to start? Are you overwhelmed by the 1,000 page long books that simply have TOO much information and are impossible to follow? Do you want to be up and running with HTML in just a few hours? Do you like getting the best 'bang' for your 'buck'? (Of course you do!)If so, then look no further. The "HMTL QuickStart Guide" will take you step-by-step through the learning process so you will understand fundamental tags and elements all the way to building a full-fledged HMTL5 compliant web page. Are you looking to change careers to something that will pay you more and have more flexibility? Are you looking to learn just for fun on the side? No matter why you want to learn HTML the "HTML QuickStart Guide" has you covered.Extensive Examples & Screenshots of What You Should See Makes This Book Like Having An HTML Guru Right Over Your Shoulder While You Learn!Let's face it - HTML has been around for a LONG TIME and it is not going anywhere. With more opportunities for web development appearing every day, it is critical for anyone who planning on creating Anything online to understand HTML. HTML is everywhere you look on the web - it's on EVERY WEB PAGE on the Internet today! It's marking up this description right in front of your eyes!"HTML QuickStart Guide" has been specifically designed by HTML experts with ease of learning in mind to ensure you don't get stuck, lost or lose hope in the learning process. Never again will you need to waste your time searching the internet, watching YouTube videos and paying crazy amounts of money for online courses! What's Required?
- No Prior Knowledge Required!
- No Special Software or Programs!
- All You Need Is a Desire To Learn!
- People With Zero To Little HTML Experience!
- HTML Experts Looking To Brush Up On The Basics!
- People Looking To Learn HTML For Fun!
- People Looking To Learn HTML For a Career!
- Foundational HTML Terminology Explained
- Basic Page Structure - Head & Body Mark Up
- Page Content Creation - Pagragraphs, Lists, Tables and Images
- Content Structure - Headers, Footers, Semantic Images
- The Importance of HTML5 Compatibility
- The Top Mistakes to AVOID That Those New To HTML Make!
Published by: ClydeBank Media LLC | Publication date: 04/08/2015Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 86 pages
CSS (with HTML5): Learn CSS in One Day and Learn It Well. CSS for Beginners with Hands-on Project. Includes HTML5. (Learn Coding Fast with Hands-On Project Book 2)
Master HTML and CSS with Interactive Exercises and a Unique Hands-On Project. Learn them fast and learn them well.Have you always wanted to learn to build your own website but are afraid it'll be too difficult for you? Or perhaps you are a blogger who wants to tweak your blog's design, without having to spend money on an expensive theme. This book is for you. You no longer have to waste your time and money learning HTML and CSS from lengthy books, expensive online courses or complicated tutorials. What this book offers...HTML and CSS for BeginnersComplex concepts are broken down into simple steps to ensure that you can easily master the two languages even if you have never coded before.Carefully Chosen Examples (with images)Examples are carefully chosen to illustrate all concepts. In addition, images are provided whenever necessary so that you can immediately see the visual effects of various CSS properties.Learn The Languages FastConcepts are presented in a "to-the-point" style to cater to the busy individual. With this book, you can learn HTML and CSS in just one day and start coding immediately. How is this book different...The best way to learn programming is by doing. End-of-Chapter ExercisesEach CSS chapter comes with an end-of-chapter exercise where you get to practice the different CSS properties covered in the chapter and see first hand how different CSS values affect the design of the website.Bonus ProjectThe book also includes a bonus project that requires the application of all the HTML and CSS concepts taught previously. Working through the project will not only give you an immense sense of achievement, it’ll also help you see how the various concepts tie together. Are you ready to dip your toes into the exciting world of web development? This book is for you. Click the BUY button and download it now.What you'll learn:- What is CSS and HTML?- What software do you need to write and run CSS codes?- What are HTML tags and elements?- What are the commonly used HTML tags and how to use them?- What are HTML IDs and Classes?- What is the basic CSS syntax?- What are CSS selectors?- What are pseudo classes and pseudo elements?- How to apply CSS rules to your website and what is the order of precedence?- What is the CSS box model?- How to position and float your CSS boxes- How to hide HTML content- How to change the background of CSS boxes- How to use the CSS color property to change colors- How to modify text and font of a website- How to create navigation bars- How to create gorgeous looking tables to display your data.. and more...Click the BUY button and download the book now to start learning HTML and CSS now. Learn them fast and learn them well.Tags:------------CSS, HTML5, web development, web page design, CSS examples, CSS tutorials, CSS coding, CSS for Dummies
Published by: Learn Coding Fast | Publication date: 03/09/2015Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 151 pages
Publication date: 05/27/2016Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 468 pages