HTML5 for Masterminds, Revised 3rd Edition: How to take advantage of HTML5 to create responsive websites and revolutionary applications
- Form API
- Canvas API
- WebGL API and Three.js
- Web Audio API
- IndexedDB API
- Web Storage API
- File API
- Web Socket API
- WebRTC API
- Stream API
- FullScreen API
- Ajax Level 2
- Web Workers API
- Drag and Drop API
- History API
- Web Messaging API
- Pointer Lock API
- Geolocation API
- Page Visibility API
- TextTrack API
Published by: MinkBooks | Publication date: 07/14/2014Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 570 pages
HTML5 is more than a markup language—it’s a collection of several independent web standards. Fortunately, this expanded guide covers everything you need in one convenient place. With step-by-step tutorials and real-world examples, HTML5: The Missing Manual shows you how to build web apps that include video tools, dynamic graphics, geolocation, offline features, and responsive layouts for mobile devices.The important stuff you need to know:
- Structure web pages more effectively. Learn how HTML5 helps web design tools and search engines work smarter.
- Add audio and video without plugins. Build playback pages that work in every browser.
- Create stunning visuals with Canvas. Draw shapes, pictures, and text; play animations; and run interactive games.
- Jazz up your pages with CSS3. Add fancy fonts and eye-catching effects with transitions and animation.
- Design better web forms. Collect information from visitors more efficiently with HTML5 form elements.
- Build it once, run it everywhere. Use responsive design to make your site look good on desktops, tablets, and smartphones.
- Include rich desktop features. Build self-sufficient web apps that work offline and store the data users need.
Published by: O'Reilly Media | Publication date: 12/17/2013Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 518 pages
- Examines new web development advancements including new technologies and changes to the standards
- Features a website that contains supporting materials including code and several valuable programs that are useful for web development
Published by: For Dummies | Publication date: 01/08/2014Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 987 pages
Build your next game on a bigger scale with Pro HTML5 Games. This essential book teaches you to master advanced game programming in HTML5. You’ll learn techniques that you can transfer to any area of HTML5 game development to make your own professional HTML5 games.Led by an expert game programmer, you’ll build two complete games in HTML5: a strategy puzzle game based on the Box2d physics engine and in the style of Angry Birds and a real-time strategy (RTS) game complete with units, buildings, path-finding, artificial intelligence, and multiplayer support. This new and fully updated second edition now includes chapters on mobile game development and an essential game developer's toolkit. Understand how to develop complex, bolder games and become an HTML5 games pro using Pro HTML5 Games today. What You'll Learn Create realistic physics in your game by incorporating the Box2d physics engine Design large worlds with lots of characters and let users interact with themUse sprite sheets, panning, parallax scrolling, and sound effects to build a more polished gameIncorporate pathfinding and steering to help characters navigate through your worldCreate challenging levels with intelligent enemies by using decision trees, state machines, and scripted eventsAdd multiplayer in your games using Node.js and the WebSocket API
Published by: Apress | Publication date: 10/05/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 426 pages
New revision is now available. Fully revised and re-edited.HTML5 web applications are now capable of matching or exceeding the scale and sophistication of desktop applications, but with the unique advantage of running natively inside the web browsers on billions of desktop computers, phones, TVs and tablets.This revolution (or more correctly - evolution) has happened for a number of reasons:
- Browsers have introduced new standards-based APIs allowing web applications to (amongst other things) store data offline, retrieve data from the server dynamically, spawn background processes and interact with the filesystem.
- The jQuery library has eased the pain of interacting with Document Object Model, and therefore writing applications that dynamically respond to user interaction.
- The HTML markup language has been overhauled and extended to provide more semantic meaning, and many additional elements and attributes.
Published by: Cisdal Publishing | Publication date: 10/30/2013Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 257 pages
HTML5 is the lαtest αnd most enhαnced version of HTML.Technicαlly, HTML is not α progrαmming lαnguαge, but rαther α mαrk up lαnguαge.This tutoriαl hαs been designed for beginners in HTML5 providing the bαsic to αdvαnced concepts of the subject.Before stαrting this tutoriαl you should be αwαre of the bαsic understαnding of HTML αnd its tαgs
Publication date: 10/02/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 204 pages
Need help finding the right HTML5 element or attribute for your web page or application? HTML5 Pocket Reference is the classic reference that web designers and developers have been keeping close at hand for more than thirteen years.This fifth edition has been updated to reflect the current state of HTML5, including the HTML5 Candidate Recommendation, the emerging HTML5.1 Working Draft, and the living WHATWG standard. Features include:
- An alphabetical listing of every element and attribute in HTML5, HTML5.1, and the WHATWG living standard
- Descriptions, markup examples, content categories, content models, and start- and end-tag requirements for every element
- At-a-glance notes indicating the differences between the HTML5 specifications and HTML 4.01
- Useful charts of special characters
- An overview of HTML5 APIs
Published by: O'Reilly Media | Publication date: 07/19/2013Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 184 pages
Learn the HTML5 and CSS3 you need to help you design responsive and future-proof websites that meet the demands of modern web usersAbout This Book
- Learn and explore how to harness the latest features of HTML5 in the context of responsive web design
- Learn to wield the new Flexbox layout mechanism, code responsive images, and understand how to implement SVGs in a responsive project
- Make your pages interactive by using CSS animations, transformations, and transitions
- Understand what responsive design is, and why it's vital for modern web development
- HTML5 markup is cleaner, faster, and more semantically rich than anything that has come before - learn how to use it and its latest features
- Integrate CSS3 media queries into your designs to use different styles for different media. You’ll also learn about future media queries which are evolving in CSS4.
- Responsive images allow different images to be presented in different scenarios. We’ll cover how to load different sets of images depending upon screen size or resolution and how to display different images in different contexts.
- Conquer forms! Add validation and useful interface elements like date pickers and range sliders with HTML5 markup alone.
- Implement SVGs into your responsive designs to provide resolution independent images, and learn how to adapt and animate them
- Learn how to use the latest features of CSS including custom fonts, nth-child selectors (and some CSS4 selectors), CSS custom properties (variables), and CSS calc
Published by: Packt Publishing | Publication date: 08/24/2015Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 314 pages
The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Learning HTML. Learning HTML Has Never Been Easier!Are you trying to expand your coding and web design horizons?This Guide Presents HTML Broken Down into Easy-to-Follow Steps with Extensive Examples & Real Application!Learning web design applications has never been easier or more relevant. When it comes to learning web design languages, it can be tough to even know where to start. Many guides and walkthroughs are simply too dense and loaded with programming jargon.ClydeBank Media's HTML QuickStart Guide takes readers and learners through the HTML learning process in a step-by-step progressive path. Our simplified presentation means that foundational concepts are built upon to speed up the HTML mastery process.This guide starts with the fundamentals and takes readers all the way to building their very own full-fledged HTML5-compliant web page.In today's business environment, coding and web design languages are critical skills. Additionally, they are a great way to boost your resume and set yourself apart from other job applicants.Whether you are making a career change to the tech sector or just looking to brush up on crucial web design concepts, ClydeBank Media's HTML QuickStart Guide is an affordable and valuable HTML resource.No one wants to read a wall of text or just talk about HTML concepts. In addition to a simplified presentation, this learning guide uses extensive screenshots and practical examples to illustrate key HTML functions and accelerate the mastery process.Practical examples and numerous screenshots make it feel like you have your own personal HTML tutor looking over your shoulder.Though there are numerous programming languages for the web, HTML forms the backbone of web design and is a powerful tool in any web designer's toolbox. In fact, HTML markup is hard at work right now formatting this text you're reading!This approach to learning HTML is so easy that no prior web design or coding experience is needed. No special software or applications are required - just a desire to learn and to build HTML5-compliant websites.**New** Your purchase comes with free lifetime access to our collection of relevant digital assets. These guides, summaries, checklists, and cheat sheets enhance your learning journey and supplement this QuickStart Guide.You'll Learn...
- Foundational HTML Terminology
- Basic Page Structure - Head & Body Markup
- Page Content Creation - Paragraphs, Lists, Tables and Images
- Content Structure - Headers, Footers, Semantic Images
- The Importance of HTML5 Compatibility
- The Top Mistakes to AVOID That Those New to HTML Make!
Published by: ClydeBank Media LLC | Publication date: 04/08/2015Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 86 pages
Covers the new HTML5.1 W3C Recommendation.The first edition of this book was written in 2011 based upon the latest W3C Candidate Recommendation of the HTML5 specification. That is to say, the unfinished specification. In fact, HTML5.0 was not finalised until the full W3C Recommendation was released on October 28, 2014. Some features were added and some lost during the interim period. This meant that some items in the first edition of HTML5 in easy steps were obsolete, and some were missing.This second edition is based upon the full W3C Recommendation of the HTML5.1 specification that was released on November 1, 2016. This means that ALL features of the latest specification are accurately included and fully demonstrated in this second edition of HTML5 in easy steps.HTML5 in easy steps, 2nd edition demonstrates all you can achieve NOW in the latest browsers - all described in easy to follow steps.HTML5 in easy steps, 2nd edition instructs you how to employ the latest development for web page design with HyperText Markup Language (HTML5). Modern web browsers have united to support exciting new features of the HTML5 standard that allows easy creation of stunning web pages and engaging interactive applications.HTML5 in easy steps, 2nd edition contains examples and screenshots that illustrate each feature of HTML5, describing how to incorporate meta information about a document within its 'head' section and how to add structured 'body' content. You'll learn how to create web pages to display text, images, lists, tables, hyperlinks, forms, audio, and video - and also how to write script instructions that draw and animate graphics on embedded 'canvas' areas. Each chapter builds your knowledge so by the end of the book you'll have gained a sound understanding of HTML5.HTML5 in easy steps, 2nd edition has an easy-to-follow style that will appeal to anyone looking to create compelling web pages for the latest browsers. Ideal for programmers who need to quickly learn the latest HTML5 techniques, students learning website design at school or college, those seeking a career in web development who need a thorough understanding of HTML5, and the enthusiast eager to build the latest HTML5 features into their websites.Table of Contents:Getting StartedProviding Page InformationCreating Body ContentInserting HyperlinksArranging Content SectionsWriting Lists and TablesEmbedding Media ContentBuilding Input FormsPainting on CanvasPerforming Web Magic
Published by: In Easy Steps Limited | Publication date: 02/06/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 245 pages