Responsive web design is all about creating flexible websites that work equally well on phones, tablets, computers, and other devices. The key word here is “flexible”.The CSS flexible box model, known as flexbox, is a new layout tool that can help you build flexible websites painlessly. It is powerful, easy to learn, and easy to use.About This BookFlexbox for Responsive Web Design is a practical guide that explains the principles, benefits, and challenges of responsive web design with flexbox. It has four parts:
- A clear, compact tutorial covering the language of flexbox – core concepts, terminology, and syntax.
- Effective strategies for dealing with older browsers that don’t support flexbox.
- A user-friendly introduction to responsive web design – theory and practice in “aw shucks” language.
- Step-by-step instruction for building responsive web pages with flexbox.
Publication date: 07/17/2016Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 251 pages
According to the Merriam-Webster Dictionary, a marksman is someone skilled at shooting at a mark or target. This is a book for hand-gunners who want to be marksmen.Handgun Marksmanship is a learner’s guide to shooting straight and hitting what you aim at. Each chapter is a separate lesson designed to achieve clear instructional goals.What You Will LearnTopics are explained in clear, aw-shucks language. Step-by-step instruction makes it easy to grasp material quickly. Key points are reinforced with practical exercises. As you progress through the book, you will learn to:
- Choose and use a target for marksmanship training.
- Assess mechanical accuracy of your gun and ammo.
- Set a good training goal, based on gun, ammo, and shooter skill.
- Identify the grip and stance that work best for you.
- Translate dry-fire practice to improved performance on the range.
- Measure shooting accuracy and precision objectively.
- Diagnose flaws in technique, based on bullet-hole patterns.
- Test corrective strategies to solve performance problems.
Publication date: 09/01/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 223 pages