According to the Merriam-Webster Dictionary, a marksman is someone skilled at shooting at a mark or target. This is a book for hand-gunners who want to be marksmen.Handgun Marksmanship is a learner’s guide to shooting straight and hitting what you aim at. Each chapter is a separate lesson designed to achieve clear instructional goals. The book has six parts:
- Preparation for training. Things you should know before you fire the first shot in training.
- Target analysis. How to choose and use a target for marksmanship training.
- Goal setting. How to set a good training goal, based on gun, ammo, and shooter skill.
- Fundamentals of marksmanship. How to maintain sight alignment through the trigger press.
- Dry fire practice. How to refine skills in the comfort of your home.
- Getting better. How to achieve new levels of marksmanship proficiency.
- Test the mechanical accuracy of your gun and ammunition.
- Properly align sights to hit your intended target.
- Identify the shooting grip and stance that work best for you.
- Translate dry-fire practice to improved performance on the range.
- Set clear, measureable goals for marksmanship training.
- Assess shooting accuracy and precision objectively.
- Diagnose flaws in technique, based on bullet-hole patterns.
- Test corrective strategies to solve performance problems.
Publication date: 09/01/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 223 pages
Responsive web design is all about creating flexible websites that work equally well on phones, tablets, computers, and other devices. The key word here is “flexible”.The CSS flexible box model, known as flexbox, is a new layout tool that can help you build flexible websites painlessly. It is powerful, easy to learn, and easy to use.About This BookFlexbox for Responsive Web Design is a practical guide that explains the principles, benefits, and challenges of responsive web design with flexbox. It has four parts:
- A clear, compact tutorial covering the language of flexbox – core concepts, terminology, and syntax.
- Effective strategies for dealing with older browsers that don’t support flexbox.
- A user-friendly introduction to responsive web design – theory and practice in “aw shucks” language.
- Step-by-step instruction for building responsive web pages with flexbox.
Publication date: 07/17/2016Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 251 pages