Ian Niall wrote this masterpiece of country lore to retain the thrill of crossing the hills in the moonlight and of creeping up the woodside at dusk.He said, 'This book is about poaching in the old traditional style, the craft of men who knew and loved the countryside and invoked the unorthodox skills rather than the crude use of modern science to catch their game, which they took sparingly, as they needed it.'From the Poacher's Handbook you will learn how to retrieve a ferret from a deep burrow and how to train a dog, as well as the cunning ways of gamekeepers and the meaning in the changing flight of a loan pigeon. You are advised to walk softly and to listen long, when to run and when to stand still, the thing to do in the black hat of night and the way to read a flushed magpie and the laugh of the jay.Poet, countryman and scholar, Bernard O'Donaghue, wrote a foreword to this celebrated country classic which will delight a new generation of country lovers and collectors alike.The Poacher's Handbook was first published in 1950. Hailed as 'the outstanding of nature books', it was an immediate bestseller and achieved no less than 14 editions before being republished in 1960 as The New Poacher's Handbook but without Barbara Greg's wood engravings. Since then there have been two separate paperback editions and total sales of over 100,000.This edition is a re-issue of the original format and includes Barbara Greg's highly-acclaimed wood engravings.
Published by: Merlin Unwin Books | Publication date: 04/30/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 144 pages
Whether you live below the Mason Dixon Line or just wish you did, The Southerner’s Handbook is your guide to living the good life. Curated by the editors of the award-winning Garden & Gun magazine, this compilation of more than 100 instructional and narrative essays offers a comprehensive tutorial to modern-day life in the South.From Food and Drink to Sporting & Adventure; Home & Garden to Style, Arts & Culture, you'll discover essential skills and unique insight from some of the South’s finest writers, chefs, and craftsmen—including the secret to perfect biscuits, how to wear seersucker, and to the right way to fall off of a horse.You'll also find: Roy Blount Jr. on telling a great story; Julia Reed on the secrets of throwing a great party; Jonathan Miles on drinking like a Southerner; Jack Hitt on the beauty of cooking a whole hog; John T Edge on why Southern food matters; and much more.As flavorful, authentic, and irresistible as the land and the people who inspire it, The Southerner's Handbook is the ultimate guide to being a Southerner (no matter where you live).
Published by: Harper Wave | Publication date: 10/29/2013Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 307 pages
DIY Cannabis Extracts: Make Your Own Marijuana Extracts (Cannabis Extracts, Rick Simpson Oil, Marijuana Edibles, Cannabis Handbook, Cannabis Oil, Dabs, Hash, Cannabutter)
Before you can start making extracts. There are a few things that you need to know. Basic terms The terms that are listed here are the terms that are going to be used to describe the consistency of your extract; however, you may realize that some of these terms are also used when looking at the name of the extract.
- Live resin: this is the extract that you will take from a fresh plant rather than a dried plant
- Crumble: chunks of dried extract or plant
- Shatter: an extract that is hard and candy like.
- Wax: extract that is stretchy and going to stick together even after it has cooled.
- Kief: A powdery dust that can be smoked on its own but is going to burn quickly.
- Hash: Substantial chunks of extract. One of the oldest methods known for making extracts.
- Bubble hash: The same as the regular hash. The process for making bubble hash is one of the safest out there.
- ISO Hash (Isopropyl alcohol): A mix between a tarry oil and shatter. Be careful with this one because there may be a hint of chemicals left over in your extract.
- BHO (Butane Hash oil): This oil will be somewhere between a waxy oil all the way up to a hard shatter. You should always test your BHO before you smoke it to make sure there is no butane left over on the extract.
- CO2 Oil: Your result for CO2 oil will be either a liquid you use for a vape pen or wax. This is one of the more costly techniques for making extracts.
- Budder: Soft butter like substance that will crumble. Your budder may yield a lower THC content than other methods that you can use.
- Tincture: This is going to result in a concoction of alcohol and cannabinoids. Tinctures are typically used for medicine due to the use of food grade alcohol being used in the extraction process.
- Rosin: You will either get a clean oil or a shatter like substance with the rosin extraction process. Due to the fact that it gives a decent product, rosin is one of the more popular methods to use when making extracts.
- Rick Simpson Oil (RSO): A stick tar is going to be left over from the process once you have finished it. RSO contains a higher level of cannabinoids and is found to be effective as a topical ointment.
- What Exactly are Cannabis Extracts?
- Uses for Cannabis and Cannabis Extracts
- Cannabis Need to Know
- Cannabis Oil
- Making Dabs
- How to Make Cannabutter
- Cannabis Edibles
- Rick Simpson Oil (RSO)
- Much, much more!
Publication date: 04/21/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 307 pages
Bunny Buddha is a warrior that cannot bow down to pain and suffering. Instead, she must take risk. She must take the risk of being an outsider, of not fitting in in order to find her true place and purpose. The truth is that we don’t have to forsake the world to follow a righteous path. But we DO have to forsake a lot of the harmful messages and emotions that we are constantly exposed to. When embarking on your path, there are many distractions. They are many voices second-guessing us, undermining us, asking us why we don’t just conform and make everyone’s life easier by fitting in. There is no fitting in. Leaving the comfort of assumed roles is worth the reward of truth, and finding one’s destiny. Forging one’s own path is necessary to confront justice, and create a new way of being on the planet; The 21st century women’s Way - The Bunny Buddha Way - Your WAY.
Publication date: 04/22/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 307 pages
This Handbook is dedicated to those who wish to acquire an international driver’s license, have always wondered about the laws behind it and would like to achieve this with the most speedy, legal and orderly manner.
Publication date: 04/21/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 307 pages
The Handbook of Continuing Professional Development for the Health IT Professional (HIMSS Book Series)
Continuing professional development (CPD) is critical for the health IT professional. Healthcare is fast-paced, dynamic, ever-changing, and global. It’s both exciting and exhausting. And it is rapidly evolving through innovation, Federal incentives, and technological advancements. For these reasons, health IT professionals must embrace lifelong learning to ensure they have the professional competencies to advance initiatives that positively impact patient care. This handbook will provide the rationale and the resources to do so and will serve as a reference to accompany one’s career success.
Published by: CRC Press | Publication date: 04/21/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 314 pages
The second edition Handbook of Psychological Assessment in Primary Care Settings offers an overview of the application of psychological screening and assessment instruments in primary care settings. This indispensable reference addresses current psychological assessment needs and practices in primary care settings to inform psychologists, behavioral health clinicians, and primary care providers the clinical benefits that can result from utilizing psychological assessment and other behavioral health care services in primary care settings.
Published by: Routledge | Publication date: 04/21/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 828 pages