Explaining how going green can pay for itself, Green Computing: Tools and Techniques for Saving Energy, Money, and Resources ties the green agenda in IT to the broader corporate agenda in risk management, brand management, and reputation management. Written by a leading author in the IT field, this authoritative reference provides easy access to quotable budget justifications that readers can use to place IT stakeholders on the same page for this new agenda that can save valuable resources and the planet.Bringing together everything IT professionals need to know about green computing, the book embodies a new philosophy on how to deploy IT devices, software, and services in a way that makes people more effective with fewer resources. It presents helpful tips on how to maximize energy savings as well as how to present information gradually to allow peers and stakeholders to absorb it.The book’s comprehensive coverage includes various types of hardware and software, including the changes currently happening, underlying trends, products currently on the market, and what to expect—or, in some cases, what organizations should ask for—from suppliers in the future.On the hardware side, the book considers tablet computers—examining the iPad® and Android®-based tablets. On the software side, it examines the general trend toward cloud computing. It provides important examples of this rapidly emerging trend as well as guidance on how to use the cloud to make software available and to store large amounts of data.Demonstrating the savings and increased business resiliency that can result from green computing, this book offers C-suite executives, senior IT management, project managers, suppliers, and market analysts with the tools required to understand why you need to act, how to act, what to buy, when to do it, and who should act.
Published by: Auerbach Publications | Publication date: 07/08/2013Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 262 pages
Hacking: The Ultimate Beginners Guide (Hacking, How to Hack, Hacking for Dummies, Computer Hacking, Basic Security)
The Ultimate Computer Hacking GuideToday only, get this Kindle book for just $2.99. Regularly pricedat $4.99. Read on your PC, Mac, smart phone, tablet or Kindle device.Have you always wanted to hack? This book contains tons of tips and strategies on how to hack. The whole idea of "Hacking" seems hard, but in this step by step guide you will learn everything you need to know about hacking. Even if you are not a beginner, this book contains tons of new information on hacking. Become a hacking master today! . Here Is A Preview Of What You'll Learn...
- Hacking – The Basics
- How to Hack Computer Systems and Networks
- How to Gather Data About Your Target
- How to Scan the Data You Collected
- How to Crack Passwords
- Backdoors and Trojans
- How to Hack Wireless Networks
- Much, much more!
Publication date: 11/27/2015Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 64 pages
The easy way to understand and implement cloud computing technology written by a team of experts Cloud computing can be difficult to understand at first, but the cost-saving possibilities are great and many companies are getting on board. If you've been put in charge of implementing cloud computing, this straightforward, plain-English guide clears up the confusion and helps you get your plan in place. You'll learn how cloud computing enables you to run a more green IT infrastructure, and access technology-enabled services from the Internet ("in the cloud") without having to understand, manage, or invest in the technology infrastructure that supports them. You'll also find out what you need to consider when implementing a plan, how to handle security issues, and more.
- Cloud computing is a way for businesses to take advantage of storage and virtual services through the Internet, saving money on infrastructure and support
- This book provides a clear definition of cloud computing from the utility computing standpoint and also addresses security concerns
- Offers practical guidance on delivering and managing cloud computing services effectively and efficiently
- Presents a proactive and pragmatic approach to implementing cloud computing in any organization
- Helps IT managers and staff understand the benefits and challenges of cloud computing, how to select a service, and what's involved in getting it up and running
- Highly experienced author team consults and gives presentations on emerging technologies
Published by: For Dummies | Publication date: 01/29/2010Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 338 pages
IT is undergoing a fundamental transformation. The tools and services that were deployed in years gone by are no longer proving suitable for existing business needs, not to mention the needs of tomorrow. Expected IT outcomes are changing while at the same time budgets are under continued pressure while demands from the business increase at exponential rates. At the heart of IT - and the business - lies the datacenter. The datacenter has become a complex morass of wires, maintenance contracts and complexity. As organizations seek to bring agility to their IT function, and hence to their business, new ways of handling datacenter services are required. The crux point of this transformation has proven to be the storage element of the datacenter. Businesses seeking to implement Agile IT principles are now turning to emerging services including software-defined storage and hyperconverged infrastructure. In this book, readers will learn about these critical emerging datacenter architectural opportunities, while also being provided clear context for why these services will play an increasingly important role in the datacenter of tomorrow.What you’ll learn:•How we got to the current state datacenter chaos•The key outcomes business leaders are expecting from IT•Critical data protection needs and how to accomplish data protection goals•The "in’s and out’s" of software-defined storage and hyperconverged infrastructure •What the datacenter of tomorrow will look like
Published by: ActualTech Media | Publication date: 01/14/2016Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 226 pages
The Green Computing Book: Tackling Energy Efficiency at Large Scale (Chapman & Hall/CRC Computational Science)
State-of-the-Art Approaches to Advance the Large-Scale Green Computing MovementEdited by one of the founders and lead investigator of the Green500 list, The Green Computing Book: Tackling Energy Efficiency at Large Scale explores seminal research in large-scale green computing. It begins with low-level, hardware-based approaches and then traverses up the software stack with increasingly higher-level, software-based approaches.In the first chapter, the IBM Blue Gene team illustrates how to improve the energy efficiency of a supercomputer by an order of magnitude without any system performance loss in parallelizable applications. The next few chapters explain how to enhance the energy efficiency of a large-scale computing system via compiler-directed energy optimizations, an adaptive run-time system, and a general prediction performance framework. The book then explores the interactions between energy management and reliability and describes storage system organization that maximizes energy efficiency and reliability. It also addresses the need for coordinated power control across different layers and covers demand response policies in computing centers. The final chapter assesses the impact of servers on data center costs.
Published by: CRC Press | Publication date: 06/16/2014Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 353 pages
This book describes computing innovation, using non-volatile memory for a sustainable world. It appeals to both computing engineers and device engineers by describing a new means of lower power computing innovation, without sacrificing performance over conventional low-voltage operation. Readers will be introduced to methods of design and implementation for non-volatile memory which allow computing equipment to be turned off normally when not in use and to be turned on instantly to operate with full performance when needed.
Published by: Springer | Publication date: 09/26/2012Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 213 pages
Get your PC running at full speed again--and remove malevolent software Save yourself time, money, and frustration by becoming your own computer guru. The Healthy PC: Preventive Care, Home Remedies, and Green Computing, Second Edition shows you how to find out what's wrong with your PC and solve the problems yourself. You'll get expert tips for making your PC start up faster, keeping its hard drive in good shape, and updating Windows with the latest security fixes. This hands-on guide also explains how to protect your PC for free using Microsoft Security Essentials, use the Internet safely, and configure parental controls to protect your children both online and offline.
- Disable unnecessary startup items and boost virtual memory
- Defragment your PC's hard disk and reclaim wasted space
- Armor your PC against attacks, viruses, malware, and spyware
- Protect Windows by applying the latest patches and fixes
- Lock down your wired and wireless Internet and network connections against intruders
- Surf safely and reduce risks from e-mail, IM, and social networking
- Keep your children safe online
- Maximize your PC's memory and add external hard drives
- Upgrade to Windows 7 and transfer your files and settings
Published by: McGraw-Hill Education | Publication date: 12/06/2011Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 306 pages
Excel: The Ultimate Beginners Guide (Excel, Microsoft, Microsoft Excel, Windows 10, Microsoft Office, Bill Gates)
Excel The Ultimate Beginners Guide! (Bonus 2 Free Books Inside)Today only, get this Kindle book for just $2.99. Regularly pricedat $4.99. Read on your PC, Mac, smart phone, tablet or Kindle device.Have you ever wanted to learn how to navigate Microsft Excel? Have you ever wanted to create charts, graphs, and formulas? If your answer is yes, then say no more. Excel: The Ultimate Beginners Guide has everything you need to know about Excel. This step by step guide will take you from being an Excel beginner to an Excel master. So what are you waiting for? Become a Microsoft Excel master today! Here Is A Preview Of What You'll Learn...
- Understanding Excel
- Entering and Formatting Data, Tables, and Numbers
- Introduction to Tables in Excel
- Calculating Totals and Summaries with Formulas
- Conditional Formatting
- Creating Reports
- Creating a Chart
- Much, much more!
Publication date: 05/14/2016Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 61 pages
Senior multimedia producer at the Guardian, Ben Green, tells you everything you need to know about podcasting. Ben Green has been podcasting for over a decade. He has been responsible for several top podcasts, including Football Weekly, the UK's number one sports podcast, and the Guardian Guide to Running podcast.In Podcast Master, he provides a one-stop insider’s guide to everything you need to know about hosting, editing and producing online shows. It is packed with recommendations to help you get the right software and gear, advice on sponsorship and advertising, and tips on everything from platform selection to promotional artwork design.Green’s enthusiasm for the medium’s breadth and depth is infectious. With wit and verve, he takes us through the history of podcasting, shares his recommendations for the podcasts you should be listening to, and reveals proven techniques for reaching and building your audience.Whether you're broadcasting from your bedroom, or are a brand looking to enhance your profile, this authoritative, easy to follow and cutting-edge guide will give you the tools to start a podcast from scratch – or maximise your current one.
Published by: Canelo | Publication date: 10/26/2015Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 110 pages
Internet Business Insights: Lessons Learned and Strategies Used by 101 Successful Internet-Based Entrepreneurs (Internet Business Books)
Do you want to escape the drudgery of your 9 to 5 job?Discover proven steps to successful online entrepreneurship.Do you have an idea to make money online but don’t know where to start? Are you struggling to make your current business turn a profit? Internet marketers and bestselling authors Chris Naish and Buck Flogging have helped countless aspiring entrepreneurs pursue their passion projects. And now they’re here to help you realize your business potential.It’s often said that success leaves clues. In Internet Business Insights, Naish and Flogging present interviews from 101 renowned entrepreneurial experts from a diverse range of fields. From those who can teach you to make a comfortable living with internet marketing, to a businesswoman who went from $135k debt, to selling her company to Bill Gates.Through this easy-to-access resource, Naish and Flogging gather these clues into 30 lessons to help you harness the insights of thought leaders into measurable results.In Internet Business Insights, you’ll discover:
- No idea how to achieve your goals? Find out why that's great! (Lesson 1)
- Passion projects: Are you ruining your chances with this idealism? (Lesson 2)
- Pivot, you hear it everywhere. But when do you do it? (Lesson 5)
- You might be smart, but if you don't follow this rule you'll look like a fool to everyone! (Lesson 6)
- Improve the quality and quantity of your work with this one simple idea. (Lesson 7)
- Somebody hate your product or service? Find out why that could be good news! (Lesson 8)
- Great, you're finally making a profit! This mistake might send your business into the gutter however. (Lesson 9)
- The difference between marketing and branding, and how to get both right. (Lesson 10)
- The one simple rule that will ensure you get OVERPAID. Over half of our contributors mentioned this! (Lesson 11)
- The HUGE mistake 15% of our contributors made. Are you making it too? (Lesson 12)
- Why success can be short lived, and what you can do to prolong it indefinitely. (Lesson 17)
- The answers to one question some entrepreneurs REFUSED to answer at first. (And why you should refuse to answer it too!) (Lesson 19)
- Scared of taking your business to the next level? You should be! Find out why. (Lesson 21)
- What anger management and Windows XP can teach you about your long term income potential. (Lesson 22)
- How creative people can have one good idea, and then use it to profit in over a dozen ways. (Lesson 23)
- If you've tried everything and nothing works, here's the likely reason why. (Lesson 24)
- Got a great product, but working too many hours for not enough money? Here's your problem solved. (Lesson 25)
- Build a side hustle first, or just burn your bridges and go for it? (Lessons 28/29)
- One thing almost everybody in this book does, (but didn't mention) that was vital to their success! (Lesson 30)
- Creating your own online income from scratch or...
- Bringing your existing company to the next level.
Publication date: 07/03/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 503 pages