Understand personal finance and put your money to work! Is your money working to increase your wealth? If not, it's time to take stock of your financial situation. Personal Finance For Dummies, 8th Edition offers time-tested financial tips and advice on how to continue to grow your financial assets in light of the changing market and economic conditions. A new breed of fiscal consciousness has arisen—and it's high time for you to join the movement by taking control over your financial life. This relevant text guides you through major financial subject areas, such as budgeting, saving, getting out of debt, making timely investment choices, and planning for the future. By looking at all aspects of your financial wellbeing, you can pinpoint the areas in which you need to change your strategy, and can identify how you can use the assets you have to continue to grow and protect your wealth. Personal finance is an important topic, as your financial wellbeing has an integral impact on so many aspects of your life. Taking the pulse of your finances every now and then is critical to ensuring that you're on the right track—and to identifying the areas in which you can improve your financial strategies.
- Explore time-tested financial tips and advice that help improve your financial wellbeing
- Consider how different aspects of your financial life work with and against one another, and how to bring them into alignment to enhance your overall financial situation
- Discover updated recommendations and strategies that account for changing market and economic conditions
- Look at your financial situation from a new perspective, and understand what you can do to improve it
Published by: For Dummies | Publication date: 12/16/2015Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 480 pages
All the practical advice you need for starting a business Starting a business? Don't sweat it! Reflecting today's unique opportunities and challenges, Starting a Business All-In-One For Dummies is packed with everything you need to manage your personal and business risks and successfully navigate your first year in business. Written in plain English and packed with simple, step-by-step instructions, it shows you how to start up your dream business from scratch, write a winning business plan, secure financing, manage your risks successfully, navigate your first year of operation, and much more! The information inside is amassed from 11 bestselling For Dummies books, covering everything from franchising and home-based businesses to bookkeeping, accounting, branding, and marketing. If you're a go-getter looking for a way to launch a great idea and be your own boss, Starting a Business All-In-One For Dummies prepares you to beat the odds and become successful in your sector.
- Covers proven strategies on successfully branding and marketing your business
- Includes step-by-step guidance on keeping on top of the books
- Provides coverage of employee engagement and motivating employees
- Offers helpful hints for overcoming obstacles in starting a business
Published by: For Dummies | Publication date: 04/15/2015Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 530 pages
Learn to hack your own system to protect against malicious attacks from outside Is hacking something left up to the bad guys? Certainly not! Hacking For Dummies, 5th Edition is a fully updated resource that guides you in hacking your system to better protect your network against malicious attacks. This revised text helps you recognize any vulnerabilities that are lurking in your system, allowing you to fix them before someone else finds them. Penetration testing, vulnerability assessments, security best practices, and other aspects of ethical hacking are covered in this book, including Windows 10 hacks, Linux hacks, web application hacks, database hacks, VoIP hacks, and mobile computing hacks. Additionally, you have access to free testing tools and an appendix detailing valuable tools and resources. Ethical hacking entails thinking like the bad guys to identify any vulnerabilities that they might find in your system—and fixing them before they do. Also called penetration testing, ethical hacking is essential to keeping your system, and all of its data, secure. Understanding how to perform effective ethical hacking can improve the safety of your network.
- Defend your system—and all of the data it holds—against the latest Windows 10 and Linux hacks
- Develop an effective ethical hacking plan that keeps your system safe
- Protect your web applications, databases, laptops, and smartphones by going beyond simple hacking strategies
- Leverage the latest testing tools and techniques when using ethical hacking to keep your system secure
Published by: For Dummies | Publication date: 12/16/2015Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 377 pages
Understand why you feel and act the way you do Psychology For Dummies is a fun, user-friendly guide to the basics of human behavior and mental processes. In plain English—and using lots of everyday examples—psychologist Dr. Adam Cash cuts through the jargon to explain what psychology is all about and what it tells you about why you do the things you do. With this book as your guide, you'll: gain profound insights into human nature; understand yourself better; make sense of individual and group behaviors; explore different approaches in psychology; recognize problems in yourself and others; make informed choices when seeking psychological counseling; and much more.
- Shows you how understanding human psychology can help you make better decisions, avoid things that cause stress, manage your time to a greater degree, and set goals
- Helps you make informed choices when seeking psychological counseling
- Serves as an invaluable supplement to classroom learning
Published by: For Dummies | Publication date: 06/21/2013Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 387 pages
The easy way to invest in your financial future In the world of investing, slow and steady wins the race. With this mantra in mind, trusted author and finance guru Eric Tyson is back with the latest edition of the #1 bestselling book, Investing For Dummies, to help you achieve your investment goals. Inside, he offers time-tested advice on how to develop a winning investment strategy that matches your abilities with your expectations — all the while ensuring you're slowly and steadily growing your portfolio. No matter where you are in your investment planning, the recommendations and strategies in this popular and easy-to-follow reference offer everything you need to ramp up your portfolio. From the tax laws that affect investing decisions to the impact of the current political environment, this foolproof guide covers it all and gives you the confidence to invest like the pros.
- Develop and manage your portfolio in any market
- Choose investments that match your goals
- Navigate the world of online investing and robo advisors
Published by: For Dummies | Publication date: 01/06/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 456 pages
Medicare For Dummies, 2nd Edition (9781119293392) was previously published as Medicare For Dummies, 2nd Edition (9781119079422). While this version features a new Dummies cover and design, the content is the same as the prior release and should not be considered a new or updated product. Make your way through the Medicare maze with help from For Dummies America's baby boomers are now turning 65 at the rate of about 10,000 a day. Yet very few have any idea about how Medicare works, when they should sign up, or how the program fits in with other health insurance they may have. Medicare For Dummies, 2nd Edition provides a detailed road map for navigating Medicare's often-baffling complexities and helps consumers avoid pitfalls that could otherwise cost them dearly. In plain language, the new edition explains:
- How to qualify for Medicare, according to your personal circumstances, including new information on the rights of people in same-sex marriages
- When to sign up at the time that’s right for you, to avoid lifelong late penalties
- How to weigh Medicare’s many options so you can be confident of making the decision that's best for you
- What Medicare covers and what you pay, with up-to-date details of the costs of premiums, deductibles, and copays—and how you may be able to reduce those expenses
Published by: For Dummies | Publication date: 06/02/2016Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 402 pages
The Bible For Dummies (9781119293507) was previously published as The Bible For Dummies (9780764552960). While this version features a new Dummies cover and design, the content is the same as the prior release and should not be considered a new or updated product. Discover the world’s all-time bestseller in an entirely new lightNinety percent of Americans own a copy of the Bible, and while it's the most widely read book, it's also the least understood. Regardless of your religion, understanding the Bible brings much of Western art, literature, and public discourse into greater focus—from Leonardo da Vinci's "Last Supper" painting to the Wachowski brothers' The Matrix movies. People have historically turned to religion to deal with tragedy and change, and with the right insight, the Bible can be an accessible, helpful guide to life's big questions. The Bible For Dummies appeals to people of all faiths, as well as those who don't practice any particular religion, by providing interfaith coverage of the entire Bible and the often fascinating background information that makes the Bible come alive. You'll find answers to such questions as:
- Where did the Bible come from?
- Who wrote the Bible?
- How is the Bible put together?
- Ten people in the Bible you should know
- The Hebrew Bible
- The Apocrypha's hidden treasures
- What's new about the New Testament
- Israel's wisdom, literature, and love poetry
- The Bible's enduring influence
- The prophets: more than fortunetellers
Published by: For Dummies | Publication date: 05/31/2016Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 480 pages
Statistics For Dummies, 2nd Edition (9781119293521) was previously published as Statistics For Dummies, 2nd Edition (9780470911082). While this version features a new Dummies cover and design, the content is the same as the prior release and should not be considered a new or updated product. The fun and easy way to get down to business with statistics Stymied by statistics? No fear? this friendly guide offers clear, practical explanations of statistical ideas, techniques, formulas, and calculations, with lots of examples that show you how these concepts apply to your everyday life. Statistics For Dummies shows you how to interpret and critique graphs and charts, determine the odds with probability, guesstimate with confidence using confidence intervals, set up and carry out a hypothesis test, compute statistical formulas, and more.
- Tracks to a typical first semester statistics course
- Updated examples resonate with today's students
- Explanations mirror teaching methods and classroom protocol
Published by: For Dummies | Publication date: 05/19/2016Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 408 pages
Grow your stock investments in today's changing environment Updated with new and revised material to reflect the current market, this new edition of Stock Investing For Dummies gives you proven strategies for selecting and managing profitable investments. no matter what the conditions. You'll find out how to navigate the new economic landscape and choose the right stock for different situations—with real-world examples that show you how to maximize your portfolio. The economic and global events affecting stock investors have been dramatic and present new challenges and opportunities for investors and money managers at every level. With the help of this guide, you'll quickly and easily navigate an ever-changing stock market with plain-English tips and information on ETFs, new rules, exchanges, and investment vehicles, as well as the latest information on the European debt crisis.
- Incorporate stocks into your investment portfolio
- Understand and capitalize on current market conditions
- Balance risk and reward
- Explore new investment opportunities
Published by: For Dummies | Publication date: 04/05/2016Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 384 pages
Turbocharge your reasoning with Critical Thinking Just what are the ingredients of a great argument? What is the secret to communicating your ideas clearly and persuasively? And how do you see through sloppy thinking and flim-flam? If you’ve ever asked any of these questions, then this book is for you! These days, strong critical thinking skills provide a vital foundation for academic success, and Critical Thinking Skills For Dummies offers a clear and unintimidating introduction to what can otherwise be a pretty complex topic. Inside, you'll get hands-on, lively, and fun exercises that you can put to work today to improve your arguments and pin down key issues. With this accessible and friendly guide, you'll get plain-English instruction on how to identify other people's assumptions, methodology, and conclusions, evaluate evidence, and interpret texts effectively. You'll also find tips and guidance on reading between the lines, assessing validity – and even advice on when not to apply logic too rigidly! Critical Thinking Skills for Dummies:
- Provides tools and strategies from a range of disciplines great for developing your reflective thinking skills
- Offers expert guidance on sound reasoning and textual analysis
- Shows precisely how to use concept mapping and brainstorming to generate insights
- Demonstrates how critical thinking skills is a proven path to success as a student
Published by: For Dummies | Publication date: 03/18/2015Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 318 pages