Cloud Computing: Theory and Practice provides students and IT professionals with an in-depth analysis of the cloud from the ground up. Beginning with a discussion of parallel computing and architectures and distributed systems, the book turns to contemporary cloud infrastructures, how they are being deployed at leading companies such as Amazon, Google and Apple, and how they can be applied in fields such as healthcare, banking and science. The volume also examines how to successfully deploy a cloud application across the enterprise using virtualization, resource management and the right amount of networking support, including content delivery networks and storage area networks. Developers will find a complete introduction to application development provided on a variety of platforms.
- Learn about recent trends in cloud computing in critical areas such as: resource management, security, energy consumption, ethics, and complex systems
- Get a detailed hands-on set of practical recipes that help simplify the deployment of a cloud based system for practical use of computing clouds along with an in-depth discussion of several projects
- Understand the evolution of cloud computing and why the cloud computing paradigm has a better chance to succeed than previous efforts in large-scale distributed computing
Published by: Morgan Kaufmann | Publication date: 05/30/2013Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 416 pages
Cloud Native programming with Golang: Develop microservice-based high performance web apps for the cloud with Go
Discover practical techniques to build cloud-native apps that are scalable, reliable, and always available.Key Features
Modern Microservice Architectures Building Microservices using Rest APIs Securing Microservices Asynchronous Microservice Architectures Using Message Queues Building a Frontend with React Deploying Your Application in Containers AWS AWS- II Continuous Delivery Monitoring Migration Where to go from here
- Build well-designed and secure microservices. Enrich your microservices with continous integration and monitoring.
- Containerize your application with Docker
- Deploy your application to AWS. Learn how to utilize the powerful AWS services from within your application
- Understand modern software applications architectures
- Build secure microservices that can effectively communicate with other services
- Get to know about event-driven architectures by diving into message queues such as Kafka, Rabbitmq, and AWS SQS.
- Understand key modern database technologies such as MongoDB, and Amazon's DynamoDB
- Leverage the power of containers
- Explore Amazon cloud services fundamentals
- Know how to utilize the power of the Go language to access key services in the Amazon cloud such as S3, SQS, DynamoDB and more.
- Build front-end applications using ReactJS with Go
- Implement CD for modern applications
Published by: Packt Publishing | Publication date: 12/28/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 404 pages
The essential roadmaps for enterprise cloud adoption As cloud technologies continue to challenge the fundamental understanding of how businesses work, smart companies are moving quickly to adapt to a changing set of rules. Adopting the cloud requires a clear roadmap backed by use cases, grounded in practical real-world experience, to show the routes to successful adoption. The Cloud Adoption Playbook helps business and technology leaders in enterprise organizations sort through the options and make the best choices for accelerating cloud adoption and digital transformation. Written by a team of IBM technical executives with a wealth of real-world client experience, this book cuts through the hype, answers your questions, and helps you tailor your cloud adoption and digital transformation journey to the needs of your organization. This book will help you:
- Discover how the cloud can fulfill major business needs
- Adopt a standardized Cloud Adoption Framework and understand the key dimensions of cloud adoption and digital transformation
- Learn how cloud adoption impacts culture, architecture, security, and more
- Understand the roles of governance, methodology, and how the cloud impacts key players in your organization.
Published by: Wiley | Publication date: 03/08/2018Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 272 pages
In this book I will teach you the basics of cloud computing and why cloud computing is one of the hottest areas in information technology today. In addition, I will show you how to sign up for free developer accounts with some of the leading cloud computing platforms such as Amazon AWS and SalesForce. I will also take you on a brief tour of each of these platforms and show you how to deploy software to each of these as well. By the end of this book you will be able to develop and deploy software to the leading cloud based system on the market today.
Published by: Eric Frick | Publication date: 02/10/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 102 pages
Beginning Serverless Computing: Developing with Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud
Learn the basics of serverless computing and how to develop event-driven architectures with the three major cloud platforms: Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud. This hands-on guide dives into the foundations of serverless computing, its use cases, and how to apply it using developer tools such as Node.js, Visual Studio Code, Postman, and Serverless Framework. You will apply the fundamentals of serverless technology from the ground up, and come away with a greater understanding of its power and how to make it work for you.This book teaches you how to quickly and securely develop applications without the hassle of configuring and maintaining infrastructure. You will learn how to harness serverless technology to rapidly reduce production time and minimize your costs, while still having the freedom to customize your code, without hindering functionality. Upon completion, you will have the knowledge and resources to build your own serverless application hosted in AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud and will have experienced the benefits of event-driven technology for yourself.What You'll Learn
- Gain a deeper understanding of serverless computing and when to use it
- Use development tools such as Node.js, Postman, and VS code to quickly set up your serverless development environment and produce applications
- Apply triggers to your serverless functions that best suit the architecture for the problem the functions are solving
- Begin building applications across cloud providers that utilize the power of serverless technology
- Understand best development practices with serverless computing to maintain scalable and practical solutions
- Code with an agnostic approach to cloud providers to minimize provider dependency
Published by: Apress | Publication date: 11/24/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 199 pages
This handbook offers a comprehensive overview of cloud computing security technology and implementation, while exploring practical solutions to a wide range of cloud computing security issues. With more organizations using cloud computing and cloud providers for data operations, proper security in these and other potentially vulnerable areas have become a priority for organizations of all sizes across the globe. Research efforts from both academia and industry in all security aspects related to cloud computing are gathered within one reference guide.
Published by: CRC Press | Publication date: 09/19/2016Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 518 pages
Introduction: Cloud Computing Interview QuestionsCloud Computing is the latest trend in Software Architecture. This books covers the important questions on Cloud Computing architecture that may be asked in technical interview for Software professionals. Cloud Computing is a very important topic in technical interview. Many fortune 500 organizations use Cloud Computing. This book contains basic to expert level Cloud Computing interview questions that an interviewer asks. Each question is accompanied with an answer so that you can prepare for job interview in short time. Often, these questions and concepts are used in our daily programming work. But these are most helpful when an Interviewer is trying to test your deep knowledge of Cloud Computing concepts.How will this book help me?By reading this book, you do not have to spend time searching the Internet for Cloud Computing interview questions. We have already compiled the list of the most popular and the latest Cloud Computing Interview questions. Are there answers in this book?Yes, in this book each question is followed by an answer. So you can save time in interview preparation.What is the best way of reading this book?You have to first do a slow reading of all the questions in this book. Once you go through them in the first pass, mark the questions that you could not answer by yourself. Then, in second pass go through only the difficult questions. After going through this book 2-3 times, you will be well prepared to face a technical interview for Software Engineer position in Cloud Computing.What is the level of questions in this book?This book contains questions that are good for a Associate Software engineer to a Principal Software engineer. The difficulty level of question varies in the book from a Fresher to an Experienced professional.What are the sample questions in this book?
- What is On-demand computing in Cloud Computing?
- What are the different deployment models in Cloud computing?
- What resources are provided by Infrastructure as a Service (IAAS) provider?
- What is the benefit of Platform as a Service?
- What are the main advantages of PaaS?
- What is Auto-scaling in Cloud computing?
- How will you optimize the Cloud Computing environment?
- Do you think Regulations and Legal Compliance is an important aspect of Cloud Computing?
- What are the different types of Datacenters in Cloud computing?
- What are the different deployment models in Cloud computing?
- Explain the various modes of Software as a Service (SaaS) cloud environment?
- What are the important things to care about in Security in a cloud environment?
- What are the different areas of Security Management in cloud?
- How a traditional datacenter is different from a cloud environment?
- What are the main cost factors of cloud based data center?
- How can we measure the cloud-based services?
- How will you optimize availability of your application in a Cloud environment?
- What are the main components of a VPN?
- What are the large-scale databases available in Cloud?
- What are the options for open source NoSQL database in a Cloud environment?
- What are the important points to consider before selecting cloud computing?
- What is a System integrator in Cloud computing?
- What is virtualization in cloud computing?
- What is Eucalyptus in a cloud environment?
- What are the main components of Eucalyptus cloud architecture?
Publication date: 11/26/2016Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 48 pages
The Agile Architecture Revolution: How Cloud Computing, REST-Based SOA, and Mobile Computing Are Changing Enterprise IT (Wiley CIO)
A sneak peek at up-and-coming trends in IT, a multidimensional vision for achieving business agility through agile architectures The Agile Architecture Revolution places IT trends into the context of Enterprise Architecture, reinventing Enterprise Architecture to support continuous business transformation. It focuses on the challenges of large organizations, while placing such organizations into the broader business ecosystem that includes small and midsize organizations as well as startups.
- Organizes the important trends that are facing technology in businesses and public sector organizations today and over the next several years
- Presents the five broad organizing principles called Supertrends: location independence, global cubicle, democratization of technology, deep interoperability, and complex systems engineering
- Provides a new perspective on service-oriented architecture in conjunction with architectural approaches to cloud computing and mobile technologies that explain how organizations can achieve better business visibility through IT and enterprise architecture
Published by: Wiley | Publication date: 01/23/2013Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 305 pages
Build your own hybrid cloud strategy with this comprehensive learning guide. Key Features
Introducing Hybrid Cloud Hybrid Cloud – Why Does It Matter? Hybrid Cloud Building Blocks Architecting the Underpinning Services Hybrid Cloud Deployment - Architecture & Preparation Building a Traditional CMP-Based Hybrid Cloud Building a Containerized Hybrid Cloud Using pre-built Hybrid Cloud Solutions DevOps in the Hybrid Cloud Monitoring the Hybrid Cloud Security in a Hybrid Cloud
- Build a hybrid cloud strategy for your organization with AWS and OpenStack
- Leverage Hybrid Cloud to design a complex deployment pipeline
- Learn to implement security and monitoring best practices with real-world examples
- Learn the demographics and
- definitions of Hybrid Cloud
- Understand the different architecture
- and design of Hybrid Cloud
- Explore multi-cloud strategy and use
- it with your hybrid cloud
- Implement a Hybrid Cloud using
- CMP / Common API’s
- Implement a Hybrid Cloud using
- Overcome various challenges and
- issues while working with your
- Hybrid Cloud
- Understand how to monitor your
- Hybrid Cloud
- Discover the security implications in
- the Hybrid Cloud
Published by: Packt Publishing | Publication date: 02/23/2018Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 290 pages
As businesses move more toward cloud computing, one important factor for success is adopting multi-tenant software-defined networking (SDN) solutions in data centers. Hyper-V Network Virtualization (HNV) is a key enabler for a multi-tenant SDN solution and is essential for implementing a hybrid cloud environment where tenants can bring not only their own IPs, but their entire network topology since the virtualized networks are abstracted from the underlying fabric network. Network virtualization in general and Hyper-V Network Virtualization in particular are relatively new concepts. Unlike server virtualization, which is a mature, widely-understood technology, network virtualization still lacks this kind of broad familiarity.This brief book identifies some key usage and deployment scenarios for cloud computing to provide some deep technical background on the Microsoft SDN solution, enabling IT professionals to quickly learn the internals of HNV, how it works from end to end, and where and how it should be used.
Publication date: 03/19/2018Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 290 pages