Cloud Computing: Business Trends and Technologies provides a broad introduction to Cloud computing technologies and their applications to IT and telecommunications businesses (i.e., the network function virtualization, NFV). To this end, the book is expected to serve as a textbook in a graduate course on Cloud computing.The book examines the business cases and then concentrates on the technologies necessary for supporting them. In the process, the book addresses the principles of – as well as the known problems with – the underlying technologies, such as virtualization, data communications, network and operations management, security and identity management. It introduces, through open-source case studies (based on OpenStack), an extensive illustration of lifecycle management.The book also looks at the existing and emerging standards, demonstrating their respective relation to each topic.Overall, this is an authoritative textbook on this emerging and still-developing discipline, which•Guides the reader through basic concepts, to current practices, to state-of-the-art applications.•Considers technical standards bodies involved in Cloud computing standardization.•Is written by innovation experts in operating systems and data communications, each with over 20 years’ experience in business, research, and teaching.
Published by: Wiley | Publication date: 11/09/2015Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 377 pages
A one-semester college course in software engineering focusing on cloud computing, software as a service (SaaS), and Agile development using Extreme Programming (XP). This book is neither a step-by-step tutorial nor a reference book. Instead, our goal is to bring a diverse set of software engineering topics together into a single narrative, help readers understand the most important ideas through concrete examples and a learn-by-doing approach, and teach readers enough about each topic to get them started in the field. Courseware for doing the work in the book is available as a virtual machine image that can be downloaded or deployed in the cloud. A free MOOC (massively open online course) at saas-class.org follows the book's content and adds programming assignments and quizzes. See http://saasbook.info for details.
Published by: Strawberry Canyon LLC | Publication date: 01/03/2014Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 500 pages
Introduction: Cloud Computing Interview QuestionsCloud Computing is the latest trend in Software Architecture. This books covers the important questions on Cloud Computing architecture that may be asked in technical interview for Software professionals. Cloud Computing is a very important topic in technical interview. Many fortune 500 organizations use Cloud Computing. This book contains basic to expert level Cloud Computing interview questions that an interviewer asks. Each question is accompanied with an answer so that you can prepare for job interview in short time. Often, these questions and concepts are used in our daily programming work. But these are most helpful when an Interviewer is trying to test your deep knowledge of Cloud Computing concepts.How will this book help me?By reading this book, you do not have to spend time searching the Internet for Cloud Computing interview questions. We have already compiled the list of the most popular and the latest Cloud Computing Interview questions. Are there answers in this book?Yes, in this book each question is followed by an answer. So you can save time in interview preparation.What is the best way of reading this book?You have to first do a slow reading of all the questions in this book. Once you go through them in the first pass, mark the questions that you could not answer by yourself. Then, in second pass go through only the difficult questions. After going through this book 2-3 times, you will be well prepared to face a technical interview for Software Engineer position in Cloud Computing.What is the level of questions in this book?This book contains questions that are good for a Associate Software engineer to a Principal Software engineer. The difficulty level of question varies in the book from a Fresher to an Experienced professional.What are the sample questions in this book?
- What is On-demand computing in Cloud Computing?
- What are the different deployment models in Cloud computing?
- What resources are provided by Infrastructure as a Service (IAAS) provider?
- What is the benefit of Platform as a Service?
- What are the main advantages of PaaS?
- What is Auto-scaling in Cloud computing?
- How will you optimize the Cloud Computing environment?
- Do you think Regulations and Legal Compliance is an important aspect of Cloud Computing?
- What are the different types of Datacenters in Cloud computing?
- What are the different deployment models in Cloud computing?
- Explain the various modes of Software as a Service (SaaS) cloud environment?
- What are the important things to care about in Security in a cloud environment?
- What are the different areas of Security Management in cloud?
- How a traditional datacenter is different from a cloud environment?
- What are the main cost factors of cloud based data center?
- How can we measure the cloud-based services?
- How will you optimize availability of your application in a Cloud environment?
- What are the main components of a VPN?
- What are the large-scale databases available in Cloud?
- What are the options for open source NoSQL database in a Cloud environment?
- What are the important points to consider before selecting cloud computing?
- What is a System integrator in Cloud computing?
- What is virtualization in cloud computing?
- What is Eucalyptus in a cloud environment?
- What are the main components of Eucalyptus cloud architecture?
Publication date: 11/26/2016Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 48 pages
This overview of cloud computing in a “self-teaching” format, contains state-of-the art chapters with tips and insights about cloud computing, its architecture, applications, information on securityand privacy, and numerous case studies. It includes questions for discussion and “Cloud Computing Lab Experiments”to help in mastering its complex services and technologies. Recent research shows that cloud computing willbe worth billions of dollars in new investments. Organizations are flocking to the cloud services to benefit from the elasticity, self-services, resource abundance, ubiquity, responsiveness, and cost efficiencies that it offers. Many government and private universities have already migrated to the cloud. The next wave in computing technology, expected to usher in a new era, will be based on cloud computing. Features•Explores the basic advancements in the field of cloud computing •Offers a practical, “self-teaching” approach with numerous case studies and lab experiments on installation, evaluation, security, and more•Includes material on ESXi, MS AZURE, Eucalyptus, and more. Brief Table of Contents1: Introduction to Cloud Computing. 2: Cloud Computing Architectures . 3: Virtualization Technology of Clouds. 4: Advanced Cloud Applications. 5: Enterprise Cloud Computing. 6: Case Studies. Cloud Computing “Lab” Experiments. Glossary. Questions for Discussion. References. Index.About the AuthorRajiv Chopra, PhD is an assistant professor of computer science and engineering and has written several texts and journal articles.
Published by: Mercury Learning and Information | Publication date: 03/28/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 48 pages
“This book continues the very high standard we have come to expect from ServiceTech Press. The book provides well-explained vendor-agnostic patterns to the challenges of providing or using cloud solutions from PaaS to SaaS. The book is not only a great patterns reference, but also worth reading from cover to cover as the patterns are thought-provoking, drawing out points that you should consider and ask of a potential vendor if you’re adopting a cloud solution.”--Phil Wilkins, Enterprise Integration Architect, Specsavers “Thomas Erl’s text provides a unique and comprehensive perspective on cloud design patterns that is clearly and concisely explained for the technical professional and layman alike. It is an informative, knowledgeable, and powerful insight that may guide cloud experts in achieving extraordinary results based on extraordinary expertise identified in this text. I will use this text as a resource in future cloud designs and architectural considerations.”--Dr. Nancy M. Landreville, CEO/CISO, NML Computer Consulting The Definitive Guide to Cloud Architecture and Design Best-selling service technology author Thomas Erl has brought together the de facto catalog of design patterns for modern cloud-based architecture and solution design. More than two years in development, this book’s 100+ patterns illustrate proven solutions to common cloud challenges and requirements. Its patterns are supported by rich, visual documentation, including 300+ diagrams. The authors address topics covering scalability, elasticity, reliability, resiliency, recovery, data management, storage, virtualization, monitoring, provisioning, administration, and much more. Readers will further find detailed coverage of cloud security, from networking and storage safeguards to identity systems, trust assurance, and auditing. This book’s unprecedented technical depth makes it a must-have resource for every cloud technology architect, solution designer, developer, administrator, and manager. Topic Areas
- Enabling ubiquitous, on-demand, scalable network access to shared pools of configurable IT resources
- Optimizing multitenant environments to efficiently serve multiple unpredictable consumers
- Using elasticity best practices to scale IT resources transparently and automatically
- Ensuring runtime reliability, operational resiliency, and automated recovery from any failure
- Establishing resilient cloud architectures that act as pillars for enterprise cloud solutions
- Rapidly provisioning cloud storage devices, resources, and data with minimal management effort
- Enabling customers to configure and operate custom virtual networks in SaaS, PaaS, or IaaS environments
- Efficiently provisioning resources, monitoring runtimes, and handling day-to-day administration
- Implementing best-practice security controls for cloud service architectures and cloud storage
- Securing on-premise Internet access, external cloud connections, and scaled VMs
- Protecting cloud services against denial-of-service attacks and traffic hijacking
- Establishing cloud authentication gateways, federated cloud authentication, and cloud key management
- Providing trust attestation services to customers
- Monitoring and independently auditing cloud security
- Solving complex cloud design problems with compound super-patterns
Published by: Prentice Hall | Publication date: 05/23/2015Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 590 pages
Despite the buzz surrounding the cloud computing, only a small percentage of organizations have actually deployed this new style of IT—so far. If you're planning your long-term cloud strategy, this practical book provides insider knowledge and actionable real-world lessons regarding planning, design, operations, security, and application transformation. This book teaches business and technology managers how to transition their organization's traditional IT to cloud computing. Rather than yet another book trying to sell or convince readers on the benefits of clouds, this book provides guidance, lessons learned, and best practices on how to design, deploy, operate, and secure an enterprise cloud based on real-world experience.Author James Bond provides useful guidance and best-practice checklists based on his field experience with real customers and cloud providers. You'll view cloud services from the perspective of a consumer and as an owner/operator of an enterprise private or hybrid cloud, and learn valuable lessons from successful and less-than-successful organization use-case scenarios. This is the information every CIO needs in order to make the business and technical decisions to finally execute on their journey to cloud computing.
- Get updated trends and definitions in cloud computing, deployment models, and for building or buying cloud services
- Discover challenges in cloud operations and management not foreseen by early adopters
- Use real-world lessons to plan and build an enterprise private or hybrid cloud
- Learn how to assess, port, and migrate legacy applications to the cloud
- Identify security threats and vulnerabilities unique to the cloud
- Employ a cloud management system for your enterprise (private or multi-provider hybrid) cloud ecosystem
- Understand the challenges for becoming an IT service broker leveraging the power of the cloud
Published by: O'Reilly Media | Publication date: 05/19/2015Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 397 pages
Cloud computing has exploded in popularity in recent years which has provided an increase of business efficiency, a reduction in computer expenditure and invaluable methods of secure storage. This eBook provides an easy to swallow understanding of the fundamentals and concepts of "The Cloud" to allow you to explore the wonders and possibilities of this technology!Check out other introduction to network security concepts by this author:- Securing your Network: An Introduction to Unified Threat Management- RATS: How Hackers Take Over Your Computer: An Introduction to Remote Access Trojans
Published by: James Wilson | Publication date: 05/14/2016Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 14 pages
Written in a tutorial style, this comprehensive guide follows a structured approach explaining cloud techniques, models and platforms. Popular cloud services such as Amazon, Google and Microsoft Azure are explained in the text. The security risks and challenges of cloud computing are discussed in detail with useful examples. Emerging trends including mobile cloud computing and internet of things are discussed in the book for the benefit of the readers. Numerous review questions, multiple choice exercises and case studies facilitate enhanced understanding. This textbook is ideal for undergraduate and graduate students of computer science engineering, and information technology.
Published by: Cambridge University Press | Publication date: 06/29/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 435 pages
Any files or folders you put there will get synced to your Google Drive, and any files or folders you add to your Google Drive will get synced back to that special folder on your PC. Now that Google Drive storage is stupid-cheap (e.g., two bucks per month for 100GB), you might be wondering about its viability as a backup tool. It's Here's how to get started.
Publication date: 07/12/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 31 pages
A New York Times BestsellerFrom one of our leading technology thinkers and writers, a guide through the twelve technological imperatives that will shape the next thirty years and transform our livesMuch of what will happen in the next thirty years is inevitable, driven by technological trends that are already in motion. In this fascinating, provocative new book, Kevin Kelly provides an optimistic road map for the future, showing how the coming changes in our lives—from virtual reality in the home to an on-demand economy to artificial intelligence embedded in everything we manufacture—can be understood as the result of a few long-term, accelerating forces. Kelly both describes these deep trends—interacting, cognifying, flowing, screening, accessing, sharing, filtering, remixing, tracking, and questioning—and demonstrates how they overlap and are codependent on one another. These larger forces will completely revolutionize the way we buy, work, learn, and communicate with each other. By understanding and embracing them, says Kelly, it will be easier for us to remain on top of the coming wave of changes and to arrange our day-to-day relationships with technology in ways that bring forth maximum benefits. Kelly’s bright, hopeful book will be indispensable to anyone who seeks guidance on where their business, industry, or life is heading—what to invent, where to work, in what to invest, how to better reach customers, and what to begin to put into place—as this new world emerges.From the Hardcover edition.
Published by: Penguin Books | Publication date: 06/07/2016Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 334 pages