Most of the information available on cloud computing is either highly technical, with details that are irrelevant to non-technologists, or pure marketing hype, in which the cloud is simply a selling point. This book, however, explains the cloud from the user's viewpoint -- the business user's in particular. Nayan Ruparelia explains what the cloud is, when to use it (and when not to), how to select a cloud service, how to integrate it with other technologies, and what the best practices are for using cloud computing. Cutting through the hype, Ruparelia cites the simple and basic definition of cloud computing from the National Institute of Science and Technology: a model enabling ubiquitous, convenient, on-demand network access to a shared pool of configurable computing resources. Thus with cloud computing, businesses can harness information technology resources usually available only to large enterprises. And this, Ruparelia demonstrates, represents a paradigm shift for business. It will ease funding for startups, alter business plans, and allow big businesses greater agility. Ruparelia discusses the key issues for any organization considering cloud computing: service level agreements, business service delivery and consumption, finance, legal jurisdiction, security, and social responsibility. He introduces novel concepts made possible by cloud computing: cloud cells, or specialist clouds for specific uses; the personal cloud; the cloud of things; and cloud service exchanges. He examines use case patterns in terms of infrastructure and platform, software information, and business process; and he explains how to transition to a cloud service. Current and future users will find this book an indispensable guide to the cloud.
Published by: The MIT Press | Publication date: 05/06/2016Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 280 pages
Cloud Computing: Concepts, Technology & Architecture (The Prentice Hall Service Technology Series from Thomas Erl)
Clouds are distributed technology platforms that leverage sophisticated technology innovations to provide highly scalable and resilient environments that can be remotely utilized by organizations in a multitude of powerful ways. To successfully build upon, integrate with, or even create a cloud environment requires an understanding of its common inner mechanics, architectural layers, and models, as well as an understanding of the business and economic factors that result from the adoption and real-world use of cloud-based services. In Cloud Computing: Concepts, Technology & Architecture, Thomas Erl, one of the world’s top-selling IT authors, teams up with cloud computing experts and researchers to break down proven and mature cloud computing technologies and practices into a series of well-defined concepts, models, technology mechanisms, and technology architectures, all from an industry-centric and vendor-neutral point of view. In doing so, the book establishes concrete, academic coverage with a focus on structure, clarity, and well-defined building blocks for mainstream cloud computing platforms and solutions. Subsequent to technology-centric coverage, the book proceeds to establish business-centric models and metrics that allow for the financial assessment of cloud-based IT resources and their comparison to those hosted on traditional IT enterprise premises. Also provided are templates and formulas for calculating SLA-related quality-of-service values and numerous explorations of the SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS delivery models. With more than 260 figures, 29 architectural models, and 20 mechanisms, this indispensable guide provides a comprehensive education of cloud computing essentials that will never leave your side.
Published by: Prentice Hall | Publication date: 05/02/2013Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 533 pages
Cloud Computing for Complete Beginners: Building and Scaling High-Performance Web Servers on the Amazon Cloud
Cloud Computing for Complete Beginners makes it extremely easy to get into the business of setting up and managing your own Cloud servers. The book provides detailed instructions and numerous screenshots and command line examples, making it easy for readers to follow along and build and configure their servers without having to do any guesswork.This book is meant as a quick crash course to get you going as soon as possible. It helps you avoid running in circles and spending hours reading forums and online articles to find out what you need to do next. Everything important is already in here!
Published by: Hawramani.com | Publication date: 03/02/2016Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 108 pages
Architecting the Cloud: Design Decisions for Cloud Computing Service Models (SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS) (Wiley CIO)
An expert guide to selecting the right cloud service model for your business Cloud computing is all the rage, allowing for the delivery of computing and storage capacity to a diverse community of end-recipients. However, before you can decide on a cloud model, you need to determine what the ideal cloud service model is for your business. Helping you cut through all the haze, Architecting the Cloud is vendor neutral and guides you in making one of the most critical technology decisions that you will face: selecting the right cloud service model(s) based on a combination of both business and technology requirements.
- Guides corporations through key cloud design considerations
- Discusses the pros and cons of each cloud service model
- Highlights major design considerations in areas such as security, data privacy, logging, data storage, SLA monitoring, and more
- Clearly defines the services cloud providers offer for each service model and the cloud services IT must provide
Published by: Wiley | Publication date: 01/28/2014Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 229 pages
The easy way to understand and implement cloud computing technology written by a team of experts Cloud computing can be difficult to understand at first, but the cost-saving possibilities are great and many companies are getting on board. If you've been put in charge of implementing cloud computing, this straightforward, plain-English guide clears up the confusion and helps you get your plan in place. You'll learn how cloud computing enables you to run a more green IT infrastructure, and access technology-enabled services from the Internet ("in the cloud") without having to understand, manage, or invest in the technology infrastructure that supports them. You'll also find out what you need to consider when implementing a plan, how to handle security issues, and more.
- Cloud computing is a way for businesses to take advantage of storage and virtual services through the Internet, saving money on infrastructure and support
- This book provides a clear definition of cloud computing from the utility computing standpoint and also addresses security concerns
- Offers practical guidance on delivering and managing cloud computing services effectively and efficiently
- Presents a proactive and pragmatic approach to implementing cloud computing in any organization
- Helps IT managers and staff understand the benefits and challenges of cloud computing, how to select a service, and what's involved in getting it up and running
- Highly experienced author team consults and gives presentations on emerging technologies
Published by: For Dummies | Publication date: 01/29/2010Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 338 pages
Cloud Computing Tutorial: A step-by-step approach while learning Cloud Computing concepts.: SaaS, PaaS, IaaS, Virtualization, Business Models, Mobile, Security and More
Cloud computing is changing the way businesses and users interact with computers and mobile devices. Gone are the days of expensive data centers, racks of disk drives, and large IT support teams. Today they are replaced with software applications delivered to users on demand from the cloud; with high-capacity, auto-replicated, secure, cloud-based disk storage and databases; with virtualized server and desktop environments and with cloud- based collaboration tools that support the success of onsite. remote, and hybrid teams. Cloud Computing presents a hands-on introduction to cloud technologies. By the end of Chapter 1 you will learn to use cloud-based data storage for storing personal documents, share photos and other digital media with other users and devices, perform cloud-based automated backups and apply various cloud-based applications!You will learn specifics about Software as a Service (SaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), server and desktop virtualization, and much more. Each chapter presents a cloud topic, examines the underlying business case, and then takes you on a test drive. The chapters include real-world case studies with content that is ideal for users interested in migrating to the cloud, IT professionals seeking knowledge about cloud fundamentals, developers building cloud solutions of the future and CIOs wanting insights on current cloud solutions.
Publication date: 08/12/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 145 pages
By the end of the decade most organizations will have shifted their business model from maintaining on site processing power and software and will have transferred from local operation of servers and software to some version of cloud computing. As these services have become standard operating procedure, cloud computing security has become a critical issue for both the private and public sectors. This book examines the types of cloud computing services and helps non-technical leaders understand the cost and risks associated with each.
Publication date: 07/05/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 93 pages
Validate your AWS skills. This is your opportunity to take the next step in your career by expanding and validating your skills on the AWS cloud. AWS has been the frontrunner in cloud computing products and services, and the AWS Certified Solutions Architect Official Study Guide for the Associate exam will get you fully prepared through expert content, and real-world knowledge, key exam essentials, chapter review questions, access to Sybex’s interactive online learning environment, and much more. This official study guide, written by AWS experts, covers exam concepts, and provides key review on exam topics, including:
- Mapping Multi-Tier Architectures to AWS Services, such as web/app servers, firewalls, caches and load balancers
- Understanding managed RDBMS through AWS RDS (MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server, Postgres, Aurora)
- Understanding Loose Coupling and Stateless Systems
- Comparing Different Consistency Models in AWS Services
- Understanding how AWS CloudFront can make your application more cost efficient, faster and secure
- Implementing Route tables, Access Control Lists, Firewalls, NAT, and DNS
- Applying AWS Security Features along with traditional Information and Application Security
- Using Compute, Networking, Storage, and Database AWS services
- Architecting Large Scale Distributed Systems
- Understanding of Elasticity and Scalability Concepts
- Understanding of Network Technologies Relating to AWS
- Deploying and Managing Services with tools such as CloudFormation, OpsWorks and Elastic Beanstalk.
Published by: Sybex | Publication date: 09/28/2016Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 504 pages
Introduction: Cloud Computing Interview QuestionsCloud Computing is the latest trend in Software Architecture. This books covers the important questions on Cloud Computing architecture that may be asked in technical interview for Software professionals. Cloud Computing is a very important topic in technical interview. Many fortune 500 organizations use Cloud Computing. This book contains basic to expert level Cloud Computing interview questions that an interviewer asks. Each question is accompanied with an answer so that you can prepare for job interview in short time. Often, these questions and concepts are used in our daily programming work. But these are most helpful when an Interviewer is trying to test your deep knowledge of Cloud Computing concepts.How will this book help me?By reading this book, you do not have to spend time searching the Internet for Cloud Computing interview questions. We have already compiled the list of the most popular and the latest Cloud Computing Interview questions. Are there answers in this book?Yes, in this book each question is followed by an answer. So you can save time in interview preparation.What is the best way of reading this book?You have to first do a slow reading of all the questions in this book. Once you go through them in the first pass, mark the questions that you could not answer by yourself. Then, in second pass go through only the difficult questions. After going through this book 2-3 times, you will be well prepared to face a technical interview for Software Engineer position in Cloud Computing.What is the level of questions in this book?This book contains questions that are good for a Associate Software engineer to a Principal Software engineer. The difficulty level of question varies in the book from a Fresher to an Experienced professional.What are the sample questions in this book?
- What is On-demand computing in Cloud Computing?
- What are the different deployment models in Cloud computing?
- What resources are provided by Infrastructure as a Service (IAAS) provider?
- What is the benefit of Platform as a Service?
- What are the main advantages of PaaS?
- What is Auto-scaling in Cloud computing?
- How will you optimize the Cloud Computing environment?
- Do you think Regulations and Legal Compliance is an important aspect of Cloud Computing?
- What are the different types of Datacenters in Cloud computing?
- What are the different deployment models in Cloud computing?
- Explain the various modes of Software as a Service (SaaS) cloud environment?
- What are the important things to care about in Security in a cloud environment?
- What are the different areas of Security Management in cloud?
- How a traditional datacenter is different from a cloud environment?
- What are the main cost factors of cloud based data center?
- How can we measure the cloud-based services?
- How will you optimize availability of your application in a Cloud environment?
- What are the main components of a VPN?
- What are the large-scale databases available in Cloud?
- What are the options for open source NoSQL database in a Cloud environment?
- What are the important points to consider before selecting cloud computing?
- What is a System integrator in Cloud computing?
- What is virtualization in cloud computing?
- What is Eucalyptus in a cloud environment?
- What are the main components of Eucalyptus cloud architecture?
Publication date: 11/26/2016Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 48 pages
Cloud is the next wave in technology evolution. Instead of purchasing expensive hardware and software and struggling with installation and maintenance, businesses big and small can leverage cloud for all their computing needs. This book provides a quick introduction to cloud and helps with a framework that you can use to make the cloud transition smooth and painless.
Publication date: 06/24/2015Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 30 pages