CSA Guide to Cloud Computing brings you the most current and comprehensive understanding of cloud security issues and deployment techniques from industry thought leaders at the Cloud Security Alliance (CSA). For many years the CSA has been at the forefront of research and analysis into the most pressing security and privacy related issues associated with cloud computing. CSA Guide to Cloud Computing provides you with a one-stop source for industry-leading content, as well as a roadmap into the future considerations that the cloud presents. The authors of CSA Guide to Cloud Computing provide a wealth of industry expertise you won't find anywhere else. Author Raj Samani is the Chief Technical Officer for McAfee EMEA; author Jim Reavis is the Executive Director of CSA; and author Brian Honan is recognized as an industry leader in the ISO27001 standard. They will walk you through everything you need to understand to implement a secure cloud computing structure for your enterprise or organization.
- Your one-stop source for comprehensive understanding of cloud security from the foremost thought leaders in the industry
- Insight into the most current research on cloud privacy and security, compiling information from CSA's global membership
- Analysis of future security and privacy issues that will impact any enterprise that uses cloud computing
Published by: Syngress | Publication date: 09/22/2014Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 224 pages
The Cloud Security Rules explains the different aspects of cloud security to business leaders, CxO's, IT-managers and decision makers. The security principles are the same as before while the implementation and the risks involved are dramatically changed. The book is co-authored by some of the most recognized security specialists and bloggers in the world. The authors are gathered from USA, Europe and Africa, sharing their great knowledge of implementing and securing the cloud. This book is made to help it easier for you to choose the right cloud supplier as well as setting up and running your critical services in the cloud. Questions you will find answers about include: - Do I have to accept that standard SLA? - What should an SLA include? - What standards should I be paying attention to, if any? - How do I treat mobile workers, and how do they fit into the cloud? - Do I really need to care about logging? - Many more! Since the cloud computing is global, you risk using service providers in other countries than your own - even if you only operate in your own country. The Cloud Security Rules aims at helping you understand the risks involved, and help you determine the best strategy for your organization.
Published by: The Roer Group | Publication date: 04/23/2012Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 237 pages
Essential guidance for everyone involved in a Windows®-based ISO27001 projectMost ISO27001 implementations will involve a Windows® environment at some level. Unfortunately, there is often a knowledge gap between those trying to implement ISO27001 and the IT specialists trying to put the necessary best practice controls in place using Microsoft®’s technical controls. ISO27001 in a Windows® Environment bridges that gap and gives essential guidance to everyone involved in a Windows®-based ISO27001 project.Successfully implement ISO27001 in a Windows® environment with this step-by-step guideThe third edition of ISO27001 in a Windows® Environment covers Windows® 8 and Microsoft® Windows Server® 2012. It is also completely aligned to ISO27001:2013, the latest version of the international standard for information security management.•Details the various controls required under ISO27001, together with the relevant Microsoft® products that can be used to implement them. •Explains how to make the most of Windows® security features. •Ideal for bridging the knowledge gap between ISO27001 and Windows® security. Contents1. Information and Information Security; 2. Using an ISMS to Counter the Threats; 3. An Introduction to ISO27001; 4. Identify your Information Assets; 5. Conducting a Risk Assessment; 6. An Overview of Microsoft Technologies; 7. Implementing ISO27001 in a Microsoft environment; 8. Securing the Windows® environment; 9. Securing the Microsoft® Windows Server® platform; 10. Auditing and Monitoring; 11. Securing your Servers; 12. Appendix 1: Overview of security settings for Windows Server® 2008 and 2012 servers and domain controllers; 13. Appendix 2: Bibliography, Reference and Further ReadingAbout the AuthorBrian Honan is a recognised industry expert on information security, in particular the ISO27001 information security standard. An independent consultant, Brian provides consulting services to clients in various industry segments and his work includes advising various government security agencies and the European Commission. Brian also established Ireland’s first ever Computer Security Incident Response Team.
Published by: IT Governance Publishing | Publication date: 04/19/2016Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 237 pages
What Should I Major In? ...Curious: The Stuck Student's Guide to Picking the Best College / University Major and Career
If you are going to spend another 30-40 years of your life in a particular career, take this book as an investment for your future. Why? Before you waste your parents' hard-earned money in added semesters & tuition and regret later, you need to read this game-changing career guide. If you are stuck, over 40 top professors (and the Nobel Prize winners) reveal WHAT should you major in and WHY in this peer-reviewed book written in plain English.Who is this Book for?
- A senior High School student (transitioning to a college/university) who is undecided about his/her career path
- An undergraduate/freshman who feels underprepared to declare his/her major or minor
- A career advisor/guidance counselor (or a parent) who wants to help their students/children with their career paths and options
- What are the various college/university majors really all about?
- Why study a particular major? Why it can be your perfect career path? What are the career options?
- Why should you undertake research and what are the research areas and scholarship opportunities in this area?
- Professor Peter Diamond PhD (Nobel Prize winner in Economics - MIT)
- Professor Brian Schmidt, Ph.D. (Nobel Prize winner in Physics - Australian National University)
- Professor Zack Szostak, Ph.D. (Nobel Prize winner in Medicine - Harvard University)
- Professor Osamu Shimomura, Ph.D. (Nobel Prize winner in Chemistry – Princeton University)
- Linda Honan PhD (Professor of Nursing – Yale University)
- Jeffrey Reimer, Ph.D. (Professor of Chemical Engineering - UC Berkeley)
- Richard Brown, Ph.D. (Professor of Mathematics, Johns Hopkins University)
- Terry Warfield, Ph.D. (Professor of Accounting – University of Wisconsin-Madison)
- John Cacioppo, Ph.D. (Professor of Psychology, University of Chicago), and many more.
- Accounting, Business Management, Finance, Advertising, HRM, SCM, Procurement, Marketing, Internet Marketing;
- Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, Environment; Geology, Geography, Forestry; Agriculture, Food Science;
- Communication, Sociology, Sexology, Philosophy, Social Media/PR, Journalism;
- Computer Science, Information technology/Systems, e-Health;
- Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering; Civil Engineering;
- Fashion design, Interior Design, Graphic Design;
- Hotel & Hospitality, Travel & Tourism;
- Nursing, Public Health, Medical Science, Physiology, Pathology, Pharmacy;
- Psychology, Teacher Education, Romance, Public Speaking, Writing, and so on.
Published by: The Curious Academic Publishing) | Publication date: 03/18/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 206 pages