This book is an exploration of programming in Arduino. The first part of the book helps you get started with Arduino. You will learn what Arduino is, and for what purposes it is used. You are then guided on how to setup the Arduino software on your system. Steps for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux are given. Sketches, variables, and procedures are discussed, and thus you will know how to use these when programming your Arduino boards. You are guided on how to use the Serial Library and Binary Data in Arduino. You are also guided on how to setup buttons, switches, resistors, and get digital inputs in Arduino. You will also learn how to program these so that they can provide a number of functionalities. A number of Arduino projects are also explored in this book. The book also guides you on how to come up with a keyless door lock system. This is a system which will grant and deny access to users who need to open the door and gain entrance. The user will be required to enter the pin on a keyboard, and this will be compared to the keys stored in EEPROM. This will determine if the user is granted or denied access. You are also guided on how to control access by use of Arduino and RFID (Radio Frequency Identifier Device). In this case, we will not use the keyboard to type the pin, but we will be using the RFID.The following topics are examined in this book:-Getting Started with Arduino-Sketches, Variables, and Procedures-Serial Library and Binary Data-Buttons, Switches, Digital Inputs, and Resistors-Keyless Door Lock System in Arduino-Access Control with RFID and Arduino-Weighing Plate
Publication date: 08/29/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 62 pages
The quick, easy way to leap into the fascinating world of physical computing This is no ordinary circuit board. Arduino allows anyone, whether you're an artist, designer, programmer or hobbyist, to learn about and play with electronics. Through this book you learn how to build a variety of circuits that can sense or control things in the real world. Maybe you'll prototype your own product or create a piece of interactive artwork? This book equips you with everything you'll need to build your own Arduino project, but what you make is up to you! If you're ready to bring your ideas into the real world or are curious about the possibilities, this book is for you. ? Learn by doing ? start building circuits and programming your Arduino with a few easy to follow examples - right away! ? Easy does it ? work through Arduino sketches line by line in plain English, to learn of how a they work and how to write your own ? Solder on! ? Only ever used a breadboard in the kitchen? Don't know your soldering iron from a curling iron? No problem, you'll be prototyping in no time ? Kitted out ? discover new and interesting hardware to make your Arduino into anything from a mobile phone to a geiger counter! ? Become an Arduino savant ? learn all about functions, arrays, libraries, shields and other tools of the trade to take your Arduino project to the next level. ? Get social ? teach your Arduino to communicate with software running on a computer to link the physical world with the virtual world It's hardware, it's software, it's fun! Start building the next cool gizmo with Arduino and Arduino For Dummies.
Published by: For Dummies | Publication date: 04/29/2013Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 483 pages
The Arduino is a cheap, flexible, open source microcontroller platform designed to make it easy for hobbyists to use electronics in homemade projects. With an almost unlimited range of input and output add-ons, sensors, indicators, displays, motors, and more, the Arduino offers you countless ways to create devices that interact with the world around you.In Arduino Workshop, you'll learn how these add-ons work and how to integrate them into your own projects. You'll start off with an overview of the Arduino system but quickly move on to coverage of various electronic components and concepts. Hands-on projects throughout the book reinforce what you've learned and show you how to apply that knowledge. As your understanding grows, the projects increase in complexity and sophistication.Among the book's 65 projects are useful devices like:– A digital thermometer that charts temperature changes on an LCD–A GPS logger that records data from your travels, which can be displayed on Google Maps– A handy tester that lets you check the voltage of any single-cell battery– A keypad-controlled lock that requires a secret code to openYou'll also learn to build Arduino toys and games like:– An electronic version of the classic six-sided die– A binary quiz game that challenges your number conversion skills– A motorized remote control tank with collision detection to keep it from crashingArduino Workshop will teach you the tricks and design principles of a master craftsman. Whatever your skill level, you'll have fun as you learn to harness the power of the Arduino for your own DIY projects.Uses the Arduino Uno board
Published by: No Starch Press | Publication date: 05/13/2013Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 394 pages
Discover all the amazing things you can do with Arduino Arduino is a programmable circuit board that is being used by everyone from scientists, programmers, and hardware hackers to artists, designers, hobbyists, and engineers in order to add interactivity to objects and projects and experiment with programming and electronics. This easy-to-understand book is an ideal place to start if you are interested in learning more about Arduino's vast capabilities. Featuring an array of cool projects, this Arduino beginner guide walks you through every step of each of the featured projects so that you can acquire a clear understanding of the different aspects of the Arduino board.
- Introduces Arduino basics to provide you with a solid foundation of understanding before you tackle your first project
- Features a variety of fun projects that show you how to do everything from automating your garden's watering system to constructing a keypad entry system, installing a tweeting cat flap, building a robot car, and much more
- Provides an easy, hands-on approach to learning more about electronics, programming, and interaction design for Makers of all ages
Published by: For Dummies | Publication date: 06/05/2013Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 411 pages
Arduino: Mastering Basic Arduino: The Complete Beginner’s Guide To Arduino (Arduino 101, Arduino sketches, Complete beginners guide, Programming, Raspberry Pi 3, xml, c++, Ruby, html, php, Robots)
New To Arduino? This Is The Book For You! - NOW INCLUDES FREE GIFTS! (see below for details)The Arduino boards and software were designed to make creating your own electronic masterpieces as simple as possible. Whether you need a simple motion sensor or want to build a spectacular light display, Arduino can help you to do that!Whether you’ve just bought yourself your first Arduino or you’re thinking of buying one and would like to know more before taking the plunge, this book will provide you with all the information you need to take the first steps into the amazing world of Arduino!Written with the absolute beginner in mind, we’ll be covering all of the essentials and answering all of the questions an Arduino “newbie” is likely to have. First, we’ll look closely at areas such as:
- Why choose Arduino - What it is and why it’s the platform to go for
- Getting to grips with the components of your Arduino
- The operating systems that your Arduino will run on
- The multitude of uses Arduino is suitable for
- A thorough breakdown of the anatomy of an Arduino board
- An introduction to the various Arduino models available and the differences between each
- How to set up the software required for the operation of your Arduino
- How to set up the board
- How to install the required drivers
- Launching the Arduino board
- Creating your first Arduino sketch
- Uploading sketches to your Arduino board
- Troubleshooting when things don’t go smoothly
- Your first Arduino project! - A step by step guide to your very first Arduino project!
- Arduino survival lingo - All of the technical terms you’re likely to encounter in the world of Arduino
- Essential resources and further reading
- We’ll get you to the position that you can start writing and saving your own sketches. You no longer need to be limited by the sample sketches that you downloaded with the software or coding that you have had to beg, borrow or steal to get – you will be able to write it yourself from scratch!
- You will learn some of the coding language that you will have to know and how to write the code so that your Arduino board is able to make sense of it.
- We will go through the difference between analog and digital pins and how they are used on your Arduino board. We will also go through how to set up your workspace and the tools that you need to have.
- You will learn how to incorporate various sensors, like a simple motion detector, and how to program the system to use the sensors in a useful way, like how to dim the lights, etc. with plenty of sample sketches that you can use to learn from.
- You will learn how your Arduino board can produce sound and how you can use it to create tunes and control external music players.
- You will learn how to plan your projects in a logical and organized manner so that they have the best chance of success from the outset. You will be taught about breadboarding and how it can make your life a whole lot easier.
- And, last but certainly not least, you will learn how to build your own basic robot from scratch in a matter of a few hours!
Publication date: 06/04/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 216 pages
In just 24 sessions of one hour or less, Sams Teach Yourself Arduino Programming in 24 Hours teaches you C programmingon Arduino, so you can start creating inspired “DIY” hardwareprojects of your own! Using this book’s straightforward, step-by-stepapproach, you’ll walk through everything from setting up yourprogramming environment to mastering C syntax and features, interfacing your Arduino to performing full-fledged prototyping.Every hands-on lesson and example builds on what you’ve alreadylearned, giving you a rock-solid foundation for real-world success! Step-by-step instructions carefully walk you through the most common Arduino programming tasks. Quizzes at the end of each chapter help you test your knowledge. By the Way notes present interesting information related to the discussion. Did You Know? tips offer advice or show you easier ways to perform tasks. Watch Out! cautions alert you to possible problems and give you advice on how to avoid them. Learn how to...
- Get the right Arduino hardware and accessories for your needs
- Download the Arduino IDE, install it, and link it to your Arduino
- Quickly create, compile, upload, and run your first Arduino program
- Master C syntax, decision control, strings, data structures, and functions
- Use pointers to work with memory—and avoid common mistakes
- Store data on your Arduino’s EEPROM or an external SD card
- Use existing hardware libraries, or create your own
- Send output and read input from analog devices or digital interfaces
- Create and handle interrupts in software and hardware
- Communicate with devices via the SPI interface and I2C protocol
- Work with analog and digital sensors
- Write Arduino C programs that control motors
- Connect an LCD to your Arduino, and code the output
- Install an Ethernet shield, configure an Ethernet connection, and write networking programs
- Create prototyping environments, use prototyping shields, and interface electronics to your Arduino
Published by: Sams Publishing | Publication date: 08/08/2014Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 434 pages
Arduino: The complete guide to Arduino for beginners, including projects, tips, tricks, and programming!
ARDUINODownload This Great Book Today! Available To Read On Your Computer, MAC, Smartphone, Kindle Reader, iPad, or Tablet!The Arduino technology started as an idea in 2003 by Hernando Barragán to simplify the BASIC stamp microcontroller, and reduce costs for students who wanted to purchase such technology. Since 2003, the Arduino technology has rapidly expanded from its humble beginnings in Italy, and is now available worldwide in a number of different models. This book aims to educate beginners on all things Arduino, and will take the reader from a complete novice, to a competent user. Within this book, you will discover the different Arduino models you might like to choose from, the key terms relating to Arduino, the many functions of Arduino, how to set up your Arduino, how read and write code, and finally, how to use your Arduino to power some cool projects!Here Is A Preview Of What’s Included…
- What Is Arduino?
- The Key Terms To Know
- The Different Arduino Models
- How To Set Up The Arduino
- Coding For Arduino
- Arduino Projects
- Much, Much More!
Publication date: 11/26/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 66 pages
Arduino Project Handbook is a beginner-friendly collection of electronics projects using the low-cost Arduino board. With just a handful of components, an Arduino, and a computer, you’ll learn to build and program everything from light shows to arcade games to an ultrasonic security system.First you’ll get set up with an introduction to the Arduino and valuable advice on tools and components. Then you can work through the book in order or just jump to projects that catch your eye. Each project includes simple instructions, colorful photos and circuit diagrams, and all necessary code.Arduino Project Handbook is a fast and fun way to get started with microcontrollers that’s perfect for beginners, hobbyists, parents, and educators.Uses the Arduino Uno board.
Published by: No Starch Press | Publication date: 06/01/2016Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 272 pages
Learn to easily build gadgets, gizmos, robots, and more using Arduino Written by Arduino expert Jeremy Blum, this unique book uses the popular Arduino microcontroller platform as an instrument to teach you about topics in electrical engineering, programming, and human-computer interaction. Whether you're a budding hobbyist or an engineer, you'll benefit from the perfectly paced lessons that walk you through useful, artistic, and educational exercises that gradually get more advanced. In addition to specific projects, the book shares best practices in programming and design that you can apply to your own projects. Code snippets and schematics will serve as a useful reference for future projects even after you've mastered all the topics in the book.
- Includes a number of projects that utilize different capabilities of the Arduino, while interfacing with external hardware
- Features chapters that build upon each other, tying in concepts from previous chapters to illustrate new ones
- Includes aspects that are accompanied by video tutorials and other multimedia content
- Covers electrical engineering and programming concepts, interfacing with the world through analog and digital sensors, communicating with a computer and other devices, and internet connectivity
- Explains how to combine smaller topics into more complex projects
- Shares downloadable materials and source code for everything covered in the book
- Projects compatible with many official Arduino boards including Arduino Uno; Arduino Leonardo; Arduino Mega 2560; Arduino Due; Arduino Nano; Arduino Mega ADK; LilyPad Arduino and may work with Arduino-compatible boards such as Freeduino and new third party certified boards such as the Intel Galileo
Published by: Wiley | Publication date: 07/16/2013Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 384 pages
Arduino books: 4 Books in 1- Beginner's Guide+ Tips and Tricks+ Simple and Effective strategies+ Best Practices
Arduino boards are used when it comes to building digital devices and other interactive objects that have the ability to control things in the physical world around you and this book will teach you the best practices to learn and execute Arduino programming.Some of the things you will learn are: Arduino’s software and hardware and several of the applications that you are going to be able to use with an Arduino board.The data types you will find in ArduinoControl declarations and loopsFunctions and StringsArrays and sensorsImportant things to remember so that you do not have to worry about possibly making a mistakeAnd so much more!This 4 book bundle is full of useful information that will guide you throughout your Arduino programming journey, so what are you waiting for? Grab a copy now!
Publication date: 11/06/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 280 pages