Seven Languages in Seven Weeks: A Pragmatic Guide to Learning Programming Languages (Pragmatic Programmers)
Published by: Pragmatic Bookshelf | Publication date: 11/10/2010Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 330 pages
This ebook is the first authorized digital version of Kernighan and Ritchie’s 1988 classic, The C Programming Language (2nd Ed.). One of the best-selling programming books published in the last fifty years, "K&R" has been called everything from the "bible" to "a landmark in computer science" and it has influenced generations of programmers. Available now for all leading ebook platforms, this concise and beautifully written text is a "must-have" reference for every serious programmer’s digital library. As modestly described by the authors in the Preface to the First Edition, this "is not an introductory programming manual; it assumes some familiarity with basic programming concepts like variables, assignment statements, loops, and functions. Nonetheless, a novice programmer should be able to read along and pick up the language, although access to a more knowledgeable colleague will help."
Published by: Prentice Hall | Publication date: 03/22/1988Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 279 pages
Start Learning to Program in the C++ Language - In Just One Day! 2nd edition - NOW in paperback - with NEW added content at no additional cost!★ Read this book for FREE on Kindle unlimited - Download Now! ★No matter what work you do with computers, there's no escaping the fact that you need to improve your programming skills. Have you ever come home after a long day at work wishing you were an expert programmer?Don't crash on the couch - get motivated and start learning C++ right away!C++ Programming: Programing Language for Beginners - Learn in a Day! explains why C++ is so useful and important in the programming world. Most operating systems, compilers, apps, drivers and a lot of other software are all written in C++. If you're a beginner you should choose this programming language first!Find out how to use variables, size changers, sign changers and other prefixes in your C++ code. Learn how to input and output data and write useful programs. Also, find out about the various kinds of operators, conditionals, loops, and arrays!Here's a preview of what you can learn from this helpful book:"An array is nothing more than a list of variables, all grouped together because they share common uses. It’s more a way of keeping everything neat and tidy, as you can see from the following code:
- int a;
Publication date: 04/28/2015Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 87 pages
Programming: For Beginners: 3 Manuscripts in 1 Bundle - Python For Beginners, Java Programming and Html & CSS For Beginners -
In this book you will learn:- Everything you need to know about Python: from “Python Syntax “and “The Loops” to “Coding a Full Program”.You will learn:- Everything you need to know about Java: from the “Conditional Statements” to “Interfaces and Inheritance”You will learn:- Everything you need to know about Html & CSS: “The Fundamentals 1,2,3” of Html and CSS in depth
Publication date: 02/22/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 295 pages
Python Programming for Beginners: An Introduction to the Python Computer Language and Computer Programming (Python, Python 3, Python Tutorial)
Learn Python the Easy Way, Complete with Examples and ExercisesKnowing where to start when learning a new skill can be a challenge, especially when the topic seems so vast. There can be so much information available that you can't even decide where to start. Or worse, you start down the path of learning and quickly discover too many concepts, commands, and nuances that aren't explained. This kind of experience is frustrating and leaves you with more questions than answers.Python Programming for Beginners doesn't make any assumptions about your background or knowledge of Python or computer programming. You need no prior knowledge to benefit from this book. You will be guided step by step using a logical and systematic approach. As new concepts, commands, or jargon are encountered they are explained in plain language, making it easy for anyone to understand.Here is what you will learn by reading Python Programming for Beginners:
- When to use Python 2 and when to use Python 3.
- How to install Python on Windows, Mac, and Linux. Screenshots included.
- How to prepare your computer for programming in Python.
- The various ways to run a Python program on Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- Suggested text editors and integrated development environments to use when coding in Python.
- How to work with various data types including strings, lists, tuples, dictionaries, booleans, and more.
- What variables are and when to use them.
- How to perform mathematical operations using Python.
- How to capture input from a user.
- Ways to control the flow of your programs.
- The importance of white space in Python.
- How to organize your Python programs -- Learn what goes where.
- What modules are, when you should use them, and how to create your own.
- How to define and use functions.
- Important built-in Python functions that you'll use often.
- How to read from and write to files.
- The difference between binary and text files.
- Various ways of getting help and find Python documentation.
- Much more...
Publication date: 08/28/2014Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 164 pages
An Introduction to Programming by the Inventor of C++ Preparation for Programming in the Real World The book assumes that you aim eventually to write non-trivial programs, whether for work in software development or in some other technical field. Focus on Fundamental Concepts and Techniques The book explains fundamental concepts and techniques in greater depth than traditional introductions. This approach will give you a solid foundation for writing useful, correct, maintainable, and efficient code. Programming with Today’s C++ (C++11 and C++14) The book is an introduction to programming in general, including object-oriented programming and generic programming. It is also a solid introduction to the C++ programming language, one of the most widely used languages for real-world software. The book presents modern C++ programming techniques from the start, introducing the C++ standard library and C++11 and C++14 features to simplify programming tasks. For Beginners—And Anyone Who Wants to Learn Something New The book is primarily designed for people who have never programmed before, and it has been tested with many thousands of first-year university students. It has also been extensively used for self-study. Also, practitioners and advanced students have gained new insight and guidance by seeing how a master approaches the elements of his art. Provides a Broad View The first half of the book covers a wide range of essential concepts, design and programming techniques, language features, and libraries. Those will enable you to write programs involving input, output, computation, and simple graphics. The second half explores more specialized topics (such as text processing, testing, and the C programming language) and provides abundant reference material. Source code and support supplements are available from the author’s website.
Published by: Addison-Wesley Professional | Publication date: 06/02/2014Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 1312 pages
Python: For Beginners: A Crash Course Guide To Learn Python in 1 Week (coding, programming, web-programming, programmer)
Become a Python Programming Expert With Ease! Python is a simple yet powerful programming language that can enable you to start thinking like a programmer right from the beginning. It is very readable and the stress many beginners face about memorizing arcane syntax typically presented by other programming languages will not affect you at all. Conversely, you will be able to concentrate on learning concepts and paradigms of programming. This book shall introduce you to an easy way to learn Python in just 7 days and in this time, be able to complete your own projects! By reading the book and implementing what you learn herein, you will realize just why major institutions like NASA, Google, Mozilla, Yahoo, Dropbox, IBM, Facebook and many others prefer to use python in their core products, services and business processes. Let’s begin. Here what you'll learn after downloading this Python for Beginners book: ✓Introduction✓Chapter 1: Python: A Comprehensive Background ✓Chapter 2: How to Download and Install Python✓Chapter 3: Python Glossary✓Chapter 4: Interacting with Python✓Chapter 5: Using Turtle for a Simple Drawing✓Chapter 6: Variables✓Chapter 7: Loops✓Chapter 8: Native Python Datatypes✓Chapter 9: Python Dictionaries✓Chapter 10: Boolean Logic and Conditional Statements✓Chapter 11: Constructing ‘While’ Loops In PythonChapter 12: Constructing ‘For Loops’ In Python Programming✓Chapter 13: Constructing Classes and Defining Objects This Book Is Perfect For: ✓- Total beginners with zero programming experience ✓- Returning professionals who haven’t written code in years✓- Seasoned professionals looking for a fast, simple, crash course in Python Download your copy today!
Publication date: 09/10/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 137 pages
- The first chapter is a tutorial on the basic concepts of Go, introduced through programs for file I/O and text processing, simple graphics, and web clients and servers.
- Early chapters cover the structural elements of Go programs: syntax, control flow, data types, and the organization of a program into packages, files, and functions. The examples illustrate many packages from the standard library and show how to create new ones of your own. Later chapters explain the package mechanism in more detail, and how to build, test, and maintain projects using the go tool.
- The chapters on methods and interfaces introduce Go’s unconventional approach to object-oriented programming, in which methods can be declared on any type and interfaces are implicitly satisfied. They explain the key principles of encapsulation, composition, and substitutability using realistic examples.
- Two chapters on concurrency present in-depth approaches to this increasingly important topic. The first, which covers the basic mechanisms of goroutines and channels, illustrates the style known as communicating sequential processes for which Go is renowned. The second covers more traditional aspects of concurrency with shared variables. These chapters provide a solid foundation for programmers encountering concurrency for the first time.
- The final two chapters explore lower-level features of Go. One covers the art of metaprogramming using reflection. The other shows how to use the unsafe package to step outside the type system for special situations, and how to use the cgo tool to create Go bindings for C libraries.
Published by: Addison-Wesley Professional | Publication date: 11/16/2015Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 400 pages
The Complete Software Developer's Career Guide: How to Learn Your Next Programming Language, Ace Your Programming Interview, and Land The Coding Job Of Your Dreams
Technical Knowledge Alone Isn't Enough - Increase Your Software Development Income by Leveling Up Your Soft Skills Early in his software developer career, John Sonmez discovered that technical knowledge alone isn't enough to break through to the next income level - developers need "soft skills" like the ability to learn new technologies just in time, communicate clearly with management and consulting clients, negotiate a fair hourly rate, and unite teammates and coworkers in working toward a common goal. As John invested in these skills his career took off, and he became a highly paid, highly sought-after developer and consultant. Today John helps more than 1.4 million programmers every year to increase their income by developing this unique blend of skills. "If you're a developer, green or a veteran, you owe it to yourself to read The Complete Software Developers Career Guide." - Jason Down, Platform Developer, Ontario, Canada What You Will Learn in This Book
- How to systematically find and fill the gaps in your technical knowledge so you can face any new challenge with confidence
- Should you take contract work - or hold out for a salaried position? Which will earn you more, what the tradeoffs are, and how your personality should sway your choice
- Ever notice how every job ever posted requires "3-5 years of experience," which you don't have? Simple solution for this frustrating chicken-and-egg problem that allows you to build legitimate job experience while you learn to code
- Is earning a computer science degree a necessity - or a total waste of time? How to get a college degree with maximum credibility and minimum debt
- Coding bootcamps - some are great, some are complete scams. How to tell the difference so you don't find yourself cheated out of $10,000
- Interviewer tells you, "Dress code is casual around here - the development team wears flipflops." What should you wear?
- How do you deal with a boss who's a micromanager. Plus how helping your manager with his goals can make you the MVP of your team
- The technical skills that every professional developer must have - but no one teaches you (most developers are missing some critical pieces, they don't teach this stuff in college, you're expected to just "know" this)
- An inside look at the recruiting industry. What that "friendly" recruiter really wants from you, how they get paid, and how to avoid getting pigeonholed into a job you'll hate
Published by: Simple Programmer | Publication date: 07/12/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 798 pages
What do flashlights, the British invasion, black cats, and seesaws have to do with computers? In CODE, they show us the ingenious ways we manipulate language and invent new means of communicating with each other. And through CODE, we see how this ingenuity and our very human compulsion to communicate have driven the technological innovations of the past two centuries. Using everyday objects and familiar language systems such as Braille and Morse code, author Charles Petzold weaves an illuminating narrative for anyone who’s ever wondered about the secret inner life of computers and other smart machines. It’s a cleverly illustrated and eminently comprehensible story—and along the way, you’ll discover you’ve gained a real context for understanding today’s world of PCs, digital media, and the Internet. No matter what your level of technical savvy, CODE will charm you—and perhaps even awaken the technophile within.
Published by: Microsoft Press | Publication date: 10/11/2000Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 400 pages