I am a self-taught programmer. After a year of self-study, I learned to program well enough to land a job as a software engineer II at eBay. Once I got there, I realized I was severely under-prepared. I was overwhelmed by the amount of things I needed to know but hadn't learned yet. My journey learning to program, and my experience at my first job as a software engineer were the inspiration for this book.This book is not just about learning to program; although you will learn to code. If you want to program professionally, it is not enough to learn to code; that is why, in addition to helping you learn to program, I also cover the rest of the things you need to know to program professionally that classes and books don't teach you. "The Self-taught Programmer" is a roadmap, a guide to take you from writing your first Python program, to passing your first technical interview. I divided the book into six sections:1. Learn to program in Python 3 and build your first program.2. Learn Object-oriented programming and create a powerful Python program to get you hooked.3. Learn to use tools like Git, Bash, regular expressions and databases. Then use your new coding skills to build a web scraper.4. Study Computer Science fundamentals like data structures and algorithms. 5. Learn to program for production: I cover the software development process, testing, and best coding practices.6. Finish with tips for working with a team and landing a programming job.You CAN learn to program professionally. The path is there. Will you take it?
Published by: Triangle Connection LLC | Publication date: 12/26/2016Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 301 pages
What do flashlights, the British invasion, black cats, and seesaws have to do with computers? In CODE, they show us the ingenious ways we manipulate language and invent new means of communicating with each other. And through CODE, we see how this ingenuity and our very human compulsion to communicate have driven the technological innovations of the past two centuries. Using everyday objects and familiar language systems such as Braille and Morse code, author Charles Petzold weaves an illuminating narrative for anyone who’s ever wondered about the secret inner life of computers and other smart machines. It’s a cleverly illustrated and eminently comprehensible story—and along the way, you’ll discover you’ve gained a real context for understanding today’s world of PCs, digital media, and the Internet. No matter what your level of technical savvy, CODE will charm you—and perhaps even awaken the technophile within.
Published by: Microsoft Press | Publication date: 10/11/2000Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 400 pages
An updated guide to programming your own Raspberry Pi projects Learn to create inventive programs and fun games on your powerful Raspberry Pi—with no programming experience required. This practical TAB book has been revised to fully cover the new Raspberry Pi 2, including upgrades to the Raspbian operating system. Discover how to configure hardware and software, write Python scripts, create user-friendly GUIs, and control external electronics. DIY projects include a hangman game, RGB LED controller, digital clock, and RasPiRobot complete with an ultrasonic rangefinder.
- Set up your Raspberry Pi and explore its features
- Navigate files, folders, and menus
- Write Python programs using the IDLE editor
- Use strings, lists, functions, and dictionaries
- Work with modules, classes, and methods
- Create user-friendly games using Pygame
- Build intuitive user interfaces with Tkinter
- Attach external electronics through the GPIO port
- Add powerful Web features to your projects
Published by: McGraw-Hill Education TAB | Publication date: 10/05/2015Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 208 pages
Computer Programming for Beginners: Learn the Fundamentals of Computer Programming Languages (Swift, C++, C#, Java, Coding, Python, Hacking, programming tutorials)
Become A Programming Master By Learning These Fundamentals Languages **Bonus included inside**Everything you need to know about Python Programming language ! Discover the secret right here, right now !Have you ever wanted to become a programmer ? If you answered "yes", this book is made for you. You will learn the most popular computer languages to make any program you want.Here is what's inside:
- An introduction of what a program really is
- How to use popular languages such as C+, Java, Python..
- A lot of programs examples that you can do right now !
Publication date: 08/16/2016Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 126 pages
Programming For Beginner's Box Set: Learn HTML, HTML5 & CSS3, Java, PHP & MySQL, C# With the Ultimate Guides For Beginner's (Programming for Beginners in under 8 hours!)
Special price for December Programming For Beginner's Box Set: Learn HTML, HTML5 & CSS3, Java, PHP & MySQL, C# Programming With the Ultimate Guides For Beginner's Every good programmer knows that learning only one programming language isn’t enough. To become good and successful we have to know a lot more. With this Box Set we’re giving you the opportunity to get the basic knowledge of all popular programming languages. Every book provides a step by step guide for beginner’s which is easy to follow and learn. After going through all the materials you’ll be able to start upgrading your skills with more complex coding techniques. The Box Set contains:
- HTML: Step By Step Beginner’s Guide to HTML In the book: Chapter 1: What is HTML?Chapter 2: Text Editors.Chapter 3: HTML Basics.Chapter 4: HTML Elements.Chapter 5: HTML Attributes.Chapter 6: HTML Headings.Chapter 7: HTML Paragraphs.Chapter 8: HTML Styles.Chapter 9: HTML Formatting.Chapter 10: HTML Links.Chapter 11: HTML Images.Chapter 12: HTML Tables.Chapter 13: HTML Lists.and more....
- HTML & CSS3: Learn HTML5 and CSS3 in One Day with Hands-on project and learn them Well! In the book: Chapter 1 -- What is HTML5?Chapter 2 -- Language Changes in HTML5Chapter 3 -- What is CSS3?- Creating an HTML5 and CSS3 ProjectChapter 4 -- A Blog Pageand more...
- PHP & MySQL: Learn PHP & MySQL with the Ultimate Crash Course For Beginner’s in No-Time! In the book: Chapter 1: Introduction to PHPChapter 2: MySQLChapter 3: Syntax, Comments, Case Sensitivity, New Line, and FormsChapter 4: ArraysChapter 5: Conditional StatementsChapter 6: Numbers and Mathematical OperationsChapter 7: Opening, Reading, Writing, and Closing Filesand more...
- Java: Learn Java Programming with the Ultimate Crash Course For Beginner’s in No-Time! In the book: Chapter 1: A First Look at JavaChapter 2: Setting Up Your Computer for JavaChapter 3: Your First Hello World ProgramChapter 4: Programming BasicsChapter 5: Wrap-upand more...
- C#: Learn C# Programming with the Ultimate Crash Course For Beginner’s in No-Time!
Published by: IPTR-Publishing | Publication date: 07/10/2015Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 214 pages
Please note that due to the large amount of tables, this book will display best on large screens, as well as Kindle Fire series where the screens can be quicky rotated to optimize individual displays. Not suitable for Kindle 1 devices as these flatten tables.There is a difference between Exercise and Training. Exercise is physical activity for its own sake, a workout done for the effect it produces today, during the workout or right after you're through. Training is physical activity done with a longer-term goal in mind, the constituent workouts of which are specifically designed to produce that goal. Training is how athletes prepare to win, and how all motivated people approach physical preparation. Practical Programming for Strength Training 3rd Edition addresses the topic of Training. It details the mechanics of the process, from the basic physiology of adaptation to the specific programs that apply these principles to novice, intermediate, and advanced lifters. --Each chapter completely updated --New illustrations and graphics --Better explanations of the proven programs that have been helping hundreds of thousands of lifters get stronger more efficiently --Expanded Novice chapter with the details of 3 different approaches to the problem of getting stuck and special approaches for the underweight and overweight trainee --Expanded Intermediate chapter with 18 separate programs and 11 detailed examples --Expanded Advanced chapter with detailed examples of 9 different programs --Expanded Special Populations chapter with example programs for women and masters lifters training through their 50s, 60s, 70s, and 80s --Day-to-day, workout-to-workout, week-by-week detailed programs for every level of training advancement --The most comprehensive book on the theory and practice of programming for strength training in print Printed in a new larger format for better display of the programs, PPST3 will be an important addition to your training library.
Published by: The Aasgaard Company | Publication date: 03/06/2014Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 256 pages
Python Crash Course is a fast-paced, thorough introduction to Python that will have you writing programs, solving problems, and making things that work in no time.In the first half of the book, you’ll learn about basic programming concepts, such as lists, dictionaries, classes, and loops, and practice writing clean and readable code with exercises for each topic. You’ll also learn how to make your programs interactive and how to test your code safely before adding it to a project. In the second half of the book, you’ll put your new knowledge into practice with three substantial projects: a Space Invaders–inspired arcade game, data visualizations with Python’s super-handy libraries, and a simple web app you can deploy online.As you work through Python Crash Course you’ll learn how to:–Use powerful Python libraries and tools, including matplotlib, NumPy, and Pygal–Make 2D games that respond to keypresses and mouse clicks, and that grow more difficult as the game progresses–Work with data to generate interactive visualizations–Create and customize Web apps and deploy them safely online–Deal with mistakes and errors so you can solve your own programming problemsIf you’ve been thinking seriously about digging into programming, Python Crash Course will get you up to speed and have you writing real programs fast. Why wait any longer? Start your engines and code!Uses Python 2 and 3
Published by: No Starch Press | Publication date: 11/01/2015Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 562 pages
An Introduction to Programming by the Inventor of C++ Preparation for Programming in the Real World The book assumes that you aim eventually to write non-trivial programs, whether for work in software development or in some other technical field. Focus on Fundamental Concepts and Techniques The book explains fundamental concepts and techniques in greater depth than traditional introductions. This approach will give you a solid foundation for writing useful, correct, maintainable, and efficient code. Programming with Today’s C++ (C++11 and C++14) The book is an introduction to programming in general, including object-oriented programming and generic programming. It is also a solid introduction to the C++ programming language, one of the most widely used languages for real-world software. The book presents modern C++ programming techniques from the start, introducing the C++ standard library and C++11 and C++14 features to simplify programming tasks. For Beginners—And Anyone Who Wants to Learn Something New The book is primarily designed for people who have never programmed before, and it has been tested with many thousands of first-year university students. It has also been extensively used for self-study. Also, practitioners and advanced students have gained new insight and guidance by seeing how a master approaches the elements of his art. Provides a Broad View The first half of the book covers a wide range of essential concepts, design and programming techniques, language features, and libraries. Those will enable you to write programs involving input, output, computation, and simple graphics. The second half explores more specialized topics (such as text processing, testing, and the C programming language) and provides abundant reference material. Source code and support supplements are available from the author’s website.
Published by: Addison-Wesley Professional | Publication date: 06/02/2014Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 1312 pages
So you want to be a programmer? Or maybe you just want to be able to make your computer do what YOU want for a change? Maybe you enjoy the challenge of identifying a problem and solving it. If programming intrigues you for whatever reason, Beginning Programming All-In-One Desk Reference For Dummies is like having a starter programming library all in one handy, if beefy, book. In this practical guide, you’ll find out about compiling, algorithms, best practices, debugging your programs, and much more. The concepts are illustrated in several different programming languages, so you’ll get a feel for the variety of languages and the needs they fill. Seven minibooks cover:
- Getting started
- Programming basics
- Data structures
- Web programming
- Programming language syntax
Published by: For Dummies | Publication date: 11/03/2008Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 720 pages
The Complete Software Developer's Career Guide: How to Learn Your Next Programming Language, Ace Your Programming Interview, and Land The Coding Job Of Your Dreams
Technical Knowledge Alone Isn't Enough - Increase Your Software Development Income by Leveling Up Your Soft Skills Early in his software developer career, John Sonmez discovered that technical knowledge alone isn't enough to break through to the next income level - developers need "soft skills" like the ability to learn new technologies just in time, communicate clearly with management and consulting clients, negotiate a fair hourly rate, and unite teammates and coworkers in working toward a common goal. As John invested in these skills his career took off, and he became a highly paid, highly sought-after developer and consultant. Today John helps more than 1.4 million programmers every year to increase their income by developing this unique blend of skills. "If you're a developer, green or a veteran, you owe it to yourself to read The Complete Software Developers Career Guide." - Jason Down, Platform Developer, Ontario, Canada What You Will Learn in This Book
- How to systematically find and fill the gaps in your technical knowledge so you can face any new challenge with confidence
- Should you take contract work - or hold out for a salaried position? Which will earn you more, what the tradeoffs are, and how your personality should sway your choice
- Ever notice how every job ever posted requires "3-5 years of experience," which you don't have? Simple solution for this frustrating chicken-and-egg problem that allows you to build legitimate job experience while you learn to code
- Is earning a computer science degree a necessity - or a total waste of time? How to get a college degree with maximum credibility and minimum debt
- Coding bootcamps - some are great, some are complete scams. How to tell the difference so you don't find yourself cheated out of $10,000
- Interviewer tells you, "Dress code is casual around here - the development team wears flipflops." What should you wear?
- How do you deal with a boss who's a micromanager. Plus how helping your manager with his goals can make you the MVP of your team
- The technical skills that every professional developer must have - but no one teaches you (most developers are missing some critical pieces, they don't teach this stuff in college, you're expected to just "know" this)
- An inside look at the recruiting industry. What that "friendly" recruiter really wants from you, how they get paid, and how to avoid getting pigeonholed into a job you'll hate
Published by: Simple Programmer | Publication date: 07/12/2017Kindle book details: Kindle Edition, 798 pages